Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

My only issue with Agartha's fights is that you never get to take Megalos full to 0. I don't think he ever had more than 4 hp bars and that's kind of a disappointment.

(Finished the whole thing earlier today, I like the start and middle storywise but the ending was really meh for me.)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argatha really was easy compared to Shinjuku. With the exception of Megalos and some Chimeras, I really didn’t ran into much trouble. Admittedly most of the difficulty in Shinjuku came from the Lobo fights and their gimmicks.

For the new servants

Asvatthaman is a powerhouse. Having one of the highest attack stats for a 4* next to Salter. A buster and a quick buff for more damage. Strong passives And buff removing np with an overcharge that will do more damage when he is lower on health. The only weakness I see on him is his mediocre np gain.

Asclepius appears to be a stronger version of Irisviel that can do more than healing and giving guts on np.

Arjuna Alter is nice. Like the majority of zerkers, he loves busters cards. But his deck is amplified with the buster resistance on his np. Making his first and second skill more effective. 

Spoiler

JvIDg8X.png

I made a hopefulness list for the GSSR.

Though honestly I just really hope I don't get Altera, that would basically be the greatest "screw you" the game could possibly throw at me.  Nothing else would make me as mad as Altera.

Edit: as a note, certain people in New and meh are there solely because I have them in JP, specifically Karna and Moriarty.  They would be in New and Okay otherwise.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

My paid gacha wishlist is 'something that doesn't give me a USO', so I'll pretty much be fine with any servant other than Okita, Ishtar, Illya, or Melt showing up.  Though I'd prefer not to get Scherazade or another Raikou, as I don't particularly care for either of them.

Spoiler

V46ZZAb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Honestly I’m not particularly picky with who I end up with, as only the third, last, and second to last scenarios would truly disappoint me. Overall I’d probably be happy with 2/3rds of the potential outcomes, though there’s always that chance of disappointment. As someone with relatively few SRs though (a whopping total of four... can you guess which ones?), I’ll take what I can get. 

Agartha done. My newbie JP box handled this easily a year ago. To the surprise of no one it was a joke NA-side.

In my opinion, Arjuna Alter is the best Berserker in the game. NP battery is a significant advantage over Raikou, and his damage is across 3 turns.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Agartha done. My newbie JP box handled this easily a year ago. To the surprise of no one it was a joke NA-side.

In my opinion, Arjuna Alter is the best Berserker in the game. NP battery is a significant advantage over Raikou, and his damage is across 3 turns.

Yeah from what I've heard the general consensus on Arjuna Alter is that he's basically Raikou but better.  So how many LB4 Servants does that make that powercreep previous Servants?  The new 3* Caster powercreeps Irisviel and Arjuna Alter powercreeps Raikou.

Speaking of I just finished LB4.  Wasn't too bad aside from the fights against Arjuna Alter which were ridiculous.

And Agartha is really just as cringe as people warned about.  Forget Septem and E Pluribus Unum, Agartha is probably the worst FGO chapter in terms of story so far (unless it massively improves later, I only just got through the Nightless City arc).  Luckily from what I've heard both Shimosa and Salem are supposed to be pretty good.

Yeah this chapter is... pretty bad. It’s probably only behind London as my least favorite and ahead of Okeanos. And yes, I actually liked Septem more than all three of those, I went there. As poor as that story was at least I liked Nero enough despite the narrative’s attempts to make her a Mary Sue.

I’ll probably get into greater detail once I actually finish the story as I’m a bit more than halfway complete, but yeah the anti-hype was real.

7 hours ago, The Geek said:

Yeah from what I've heard the general consensus on Arjuna Alter is that he's basically Raikou but better.  So how many LB4 Servants does that make that powercreep previous Servants?  The new 3* Caster powercreeps Irisviel and Arjuna Alter powercreeps Raikou.

Arjuna doesn’t really qualify as powercreep. Berserkers in general have not been very useful for recent content. Arjuna is no different.

If debuff immunity starts to become more common, Raikou will be more consistent DPS-wise because Arjuna is highly dependent on getting his Debuff powermod and Buster Down to apply for most of his damage.

The only situation where he’s straight up better is for farming, because he is basically Spartacus with SSR stats.

It’s the same deal with Snake Mage vs Irisviel, except the degree of “lack of relevancy” is kicked up to eleven.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

On the Agartha subject, the plot was written by the creator of Prisma Illya, which explains a lot. Feels like the guy wrote Agartha with his fetishes in mind.

One, strictly speaking we don't know for certain who wrote most of the story chapters after Solomon.  This is supposition based on the fact that the scenario writer for the four featured characters for Agartha was Hazuki Minase.

Two, Minase is one of the script writers for the Prillya anime, not the original creator of the Prillya manga, which is Hiroyama Hiroshi.  The manga does not play up the fan service scenes the way the anime does.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Finally done with Agartha. Stupid Megalos and his infinite lives made me use my CS...Other than that and me being unprepared for the pillar the first time (use support Jalter if you don't have her, Gorgon doesn't work as well as I thought she would) it was quite easy. 

For the story I'd better put it in spoilers just to be safe although everyone should know this already

Spoiler

I don't know if the NA team toned it down because it didn't seem as terrible as all the things I read about Agartha. Don't get me wrong, it was awful and the ending was the worst one I've seen in a long time but I can't help but think that people were exaggerating when they said this chapter had some of the worst fetishes ever (I heard it had Necrophilia with Dahut to mention one but I never saw that). Either way, out of everyone the only servant I kinda liked was Wu, Penth was meh and Scheherazade was pretty painful to see with the self pity, to insulting Romani's sacrifice and more...BTW her naming her floating city "La Puta" was sooo cringe. It's even worse because Spanish is my first language so I found it even more ridiculous.

Columbus was pretty pathetic with his cartoonish evil smile and stuff, I can't see anyone wanting to get him outside of collectionist purposes. It didn't help that from the very beginning he was so obviosly evil and they didn't even try to hide it with Mash suspecting him from the very start and stuff. This makes two times that this happens, I just hope they don't reuse it for the last 2 chapters, that would be so boring.

25 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
  Hide contents

BTW her naming her floating city "La Puta" was sooo cringe.

Spoiler

Technically speaking, it's named for Laputa, a floating island ruled by a tyrannical king from Gulliver's Travels.  I'm not sure if it's known whether Jonathan Swift named the island that with the Spanish meaning in mind (given Swift's other writing, it was probably intentional), but Scheherezade's explanation is simply TM rolling with the name, not something they came up with.

The Spanish meaning of the name was noted long before FGO ever used it, as apparently some Spanish translations of Gulliver's Travels changed the name slightly due to it.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Personally I'm the kind of person that would consider a strictly better servant power creep even if that servant's niche isn't relevant for the meta at the moment. (That is, I tend to judge power creep in terms of increase to player abilities than change to meta.) But that's neither here nor there.

The lack of a non-Spartacus AoE Berserker with NP charge is pretty much the main reason AoE casters and assassins see any farming use, so I'll probably try to pick Ajuna up once he hits US as the lazy go-to option. (I tend look for AoE berserkers when farming AoE stuff because I'm a lazy ass, although, oddly enough, I never bother looking for Kintoki when I'm farming single target stuff.)

Addendum to my previous post:

Spoiler

It seems likely that Laputa in Agartha is more based on Miyazaki's Laputa from Castle in the Sky, rather than Swift's Laputa from Gulliver's Travels.  What I've read of the plot of Castle in the Sky resembles the last part of Agartha fairly closely, and the pseudo-singularity is based in 2000, which is 14 years after Castle in the Sky released.  If it were a reference to Gulliver's Travels, I would have expected it to be set closer to the end of the eighteenth century, rather than the start of the twenty-first.

Of course, since Miyazaki likely used Laputa due to thematic similarities with Swift's Laputa, you should probably still blame the name on Swift for being a political asshole, rather than Miyazaki or the FGO scenario writer.

Agartha is definitely written with Fetish in mind, reading around people who say Agartha's fine mentioned its likely written with some idea of BDSM in mind

But like

One of the feature character in Agartha is from the same group who asked a certain hero to make 50 of them pregnant lest he can't go

So..... uh yeah

10 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Agartha is definitely written with Fetish in mind, reading around people who say Agartha's fine mentioned its likely written with some idea of BDSM in mind

But like

One of the feature character in Agartha is from the same group who asked a certain hero to make 50 of them pregnant lest he can't go

So..... uh yeah

From what I’ve heard the fetish stuff was even worse in the JP version.

And here’s a non fetish problem with Agartha:

In Okeanos David, Atalante, Euryale, Orion and Drake had to resort to using the Ark to defeat Heracles and yet in Agartha Astolfo and d’Eon managed to fight a powered up version of Herc without outside help?

Edited by Water Mage

43 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

From what I’ve heard the fetish stuff was even worse in the JP version.

And here’s a non fetish problem with Agartha:

In Okeanos David, Atalante, Euryale, Orion and Drake had to resort to using the Ark to defeat Heracles and yet in Agartha Astolfo and d’Eon managed to fight a powered up version of Herc without outside help?

nah, from what i asked around(read: Ask exactly 1 dude who can read Japanese) the fetish issue was kind of the same in JP

and again, considering the casts in the EOR, having fetish shit is actually expected. I honestly would rather have them than not, to some extent since its a more correct potrayal

I still need to play the EOR to the finish though but im rushinG Salem now lul

So now that I actually have the 100%, I might as well give the final verdict (read: roast this singularity to a crisp). 

Spoiler

So yeah, this sucked. I think my gripes with the story overall are pretty similar to what others already said so there’s no use reiterating. Almost as bad as London, but at least it’s ending wasn’t a complete clusterfuck and it’s honestly the best part of the whole thing. I didn’t foresee Helena saving the day and Fergus Lily’s monologue was kinda cute.

None of the new characters were any good either. Columbus was Columbus, Scheherazade wasn’t very engaging or developed, Wu Zetain was pretty bratty in a not-cute annoying way, and Penthisilea was just eh. Unlike with Shinjuku, which made Salter grow on me, Chevalier D’Eon remains pretty flat for me and rather disinterring. Even Astolfo was somewhat disappointing, though it might be the poor writings fault. It especially hurts given the poor guy not only was never given a singularity to work with in the original story, but he was completely absent in the “EVERYONE IS HERE” finale in Solomon for some reason and the time Astolfo finally has a part to play is in this lame ass singularity. Fergus Lily was decent enough and probably the only character I consistently liked.

What really makes me annoyed is that many things from Shinjuku (best singularity don’t @ me) are brought over from here (twist villain(s), two female (kinda) travel companions,  servant working in cahoots with the demon god, older servants being repurposed in the story, etc) except here they’re all done worse! It’s really disappointing that a story that really resonated with me was followed by something so poor, but I’m holding out hope for Shimosa and Salem (heard the former is kinda boring but I’ll take that over hot garbage any day).

3 hours ago, Silverly said:

So now that I actually have the 100%, I might as well give the final verdict (read: roast this singularity to a crisp). 

Hide contents

So yeah, this sucked. I think my gripes with the story overall are pretty similar to what others already said so there’s no use reiterating. Almost as bad as London, but at least it’s ending wasn’t a complete clusterfuck and it’s honestly the best part of the whole thing. I didn’t foresee Helena saving the day and Fergus Lily’s monologue was kinda cute.

None of the new characters were any good either. Columbus was Columbus, Scheherazade wasn’t very engaging or developed, Wu Zetain was pretty bratty in a not-cute annoying way, and Penthisilea was just eh. Unlike with Shinjuku, which made Salter grow on me, Chevalier D’Eon remains pretty flat for me and rather disinterring. Even Astolfo was somewhat disappointing, though it might be the poor writings fault. It especially hurts given the poor guy not only was never given a singularity to work with in the original story, but he was completely absent in the “EVERYONE IS HERE” finale in Solomon for some reason and the time Astolfo finally has a part to play is in this lame ass singularity. Fergus Lily was decent enough and probably the only character I consistently liked.

What really makes me annoyed is that many things from Shinjuku (best singularity don’t @ me) are brought over from here (twist villain(s), two female (kinda) travel companions,  servant working in cahoots with the demon god, older servants being repurposed in the story, etc) except here they’re all done worse! It’s really disappointing that a story that really resonated with me was followed by something so poor, but I’m holding out hope for Shimosa and Salem (heard the former is kinda boring but I’ll take that over hot garbage any day).

fwiw more people actually hate the later than the former. So yeah. EOR is kind of in a weird spot, Its part of why LB was so hyped up on arrival, between the change of pace(you know how EOR is in this weird spot in the story where nothing effectively happened? due to being in the middle, that kind of stuff), and later on LB1 being so good.

Yes, theres 7 LB its not a spoiler its mentioned since day 1 AAAAAAA

2 hours ago, redlight said:

New Gudaguda coming 😍

DW, plz give us Nobukatsu as a support or DPS avenger

From what I’ve heard it’s the last one too. 

Wonder if it will be replaced with something next year.