Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

16 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Another Gudaguda without playable Nobukatsu.  DW stop doing my boy dirty like this.  Time to pray they were joking with the final and he comes in Gudaguda 5.

On the bright side, ST Lancer welfare!  I've got 101 4* Lancer EXP cards on JP, should be able to get her to 80 off that + all EXP in my present box.  I'll grind a bit more Lancer cards later since Lancer day is soon.

Might be final as in no more Nobu centric because of "final Honnoji". They might move onto other eras of Japan, but still feature the same cast of characters

God, I hope she's good. I don't want DW to do her dirty

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, redlight said:

Might be final as in no more Nobu centric because of "final Honnoji". They might move onto other eras of Japan, but still feature the same cast of characters

God, I hope she's good. I don't want DW to do her dirty

Guda3 was set in 1945, so that seems kinda odd.  I just want Nobukatsu, DW, I'm not asking too much right?  Right???

The recent welfares have been pretty alright, so hoping she continues the trend.

Another GudaGuda another saber face and Nobu. Avenger Nobu's chin is making me she's a dude. Doesn't even look like they are the same person. Changing up the tutorial roll is interesting, to say the least. Good to see new faces, bad if the performance gap is wider now.

The new upgraded tutorial roll is really interesting, especially considering one of the new options is Helena, a great support for beginners.

With how they doing this to attract newcomers, it sure would be nice to make something about missed welfares. Something like what FEH does with welfare characters.

Edited by Water Mage

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

With how they doing this to attract newcomers, it sure would be nice to make something about missed welfares. Something like what FEH does with welfare characters.

At least we can max them out at zero cost of essential resources that are outside events. But I will welcome ways to get welfare servants we've missed. I kinda want Casliz

Edited by redlight

I was always baffled why Atalanta was excluded from the starter summon in the first place, as with Zerkerlot (who still got excluded). The new additions seems pretty good too, with Suzuka, Nursery Rhyme, Parvati, and Helena being at the very least solid. Meanwhile Chev got the boot. Uhhhh, you’ll be missed? 

I’m kinda tempted to start a JP account now, though it might make my phone pretty angry. 

55 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I was always baffled why Atalanta was excluded from the starter summon in the first place, as with Zerkerlot (who still got excluded).

The starter summon originally was the 4* servants available at FGO launch, IIRC.  Atalante and Zerkerlot were not technically launch units, they were first summonable when Gil's first banner hit (though I think their data was in the game before that).

I find it incredibly funny how Nagao (childhood name of Kenshin) is basically a coincidental throwback to the VN heroine poll. Uesugi Kenshin from Sengoku Rance won it with Saber taking a close second place. Now Takeuchi draws saberface Kenshin.

Looking at her stats we at least know she'll at least pack some punch

Spoiler

servant_details_l_01.png

Edited by redlight

You know who's hyped for this event?

THIS GUY

You know who had 0 Quartz for this event?

THIS GUY!

Help

funny enough the one i want the most here is..... free. Yeah i'm totally hyped when i heard the wellfare is THAT Uesugi Kenshin

Feels kind of weird that we're getting the singularity memorial quests again after, what, 6 months or so?

It's a bit late + I've played them before so I just built burst comps to rush them all down. (The hardest part of all of them was actually picking the CE to take, LUL. I had it narrowed down to Kiyohime, Nero, or Ishtar. Will probably be picking Nero's since she's actually in my box---if we ignore the fact that Kiyohime(Berserker) is also in my box.)

Nagao has a QAABB(NPA) deck. Called it being arts focused deck, but whatever. Her NP gain is 0.45 with 4 hits on arts cards and 8 on her NP.

Her first skill is a 1 turn arts MB at 5 CD with 30% buff and a star anchor attached.

Second skill a 5CD evade with NP gain up for 1 turn at 30%.

Final skill is a 6CD charisma that lastd 3 turns. Attack up 20%, Crit damage up 20% and star gen up 20%.

We already know what her NP does if some of you looked it up on the notification. Why they couldn't have bothered to show damage and effects during the live stream is a mystery to me.

Yori is a crit berserker with demerits attached. I can't really understand most of his skills since google translate can be a bit unreliable, but it looks like he can produce his own stars. Oh and he has a QAABB deck

Edited by redlight

@MrSmokestackSo how good is Nagao? I think she's top 10 among welfares, but is there any argument for her being top 5 among them? She seems capable of NP looping against single enemies and can pack quite the punch. Are ST NPs relevant in JP content right now?

4 hours ago, redlight said:

So how good is Nagao? I think she's top 10 among welfares, but is there any argument for her being top 5 among them? She seems capable of NP looping against single enemies and can pack quite the punch. Are ST NPs relevant in JP content right now?

Seeing as the event started less than 24 hours ago, it’s too soon to say anything definitive. At least on the surface, Kenshin is pretty good.

Her NP hits harder than NP1, post-Interlude Scathach when not hitting Divine; Scathach sits at around 54k at neutral while Kenshin squeezes ahead at 56k. While Scathach has much better damage output overall due to Self-Modification (ish?) and Anti-Divine, a free SR coming close to one of the hardest-hitting NPs in the game is no mean feat.

Where Kenshin really shines is in her internals, though. A 1.8 Arts card in a QAABB deck is almost unheard of, and that’s before her skills are factored in. At 10/10/10 her NP refill is absurd, letting her loop with just her base kit. And on top of all that she has a star absorb.

The main problem I have with her is that the Arts and NP gain buffs last only one turn. A lower scaling on 3 turn duration would have been more desirable.

I don’t think Kenshin is one of the best welfares in the game, but she is still pretty good.

I can’t say as much for Nobu and the new Berserker, sadly.

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I don’t think Kenshin is one of the best welfares in the game, but she is still pretty good.

I can’t say as much for Nobu and the new Berserker, sadly.

Thinking about it more, yeah. Not busted and meta defining, but a welcome addition to the player's barracks who'll find use very often.

Nobu is just... Really really bad. She shouldn't have ditched her SM skill. She could've been salvaged if it had taken that stupid invil skill's place.

Mori is an odd servant for sure. I don't know where even to begin. There's something good there to be found, but it just needs a push.

Apparently Avenger Nobu is bad. Like really, really bad.

Skill 1 (7-5 cd): Increase own attack by 20-30% for 3 turns, further increasing by 10-20% each turn. Set the terrain to [Fire] for 3 turns. Burn self by 1000 damage for 3 turns [Demerit].
To begin with the buff itself is quite nice at it's highest, sitting at 70%, but to take it into action you gotta be precise with it
her demerit will take 3K HP points out of her 11K
the effect of setting the terrain on Fire doesn't do much as Summer Nobu is the only servant that requires that terrain to activate a skill, and Avenger Nobu isn't exactly the best cheerleader

Skill 2 (8-6 cd): Give self invuln (1 turn), increase own buff removal resistance by 50-100% (1 turn).
A pretty vanilla Invulnerability with a decent cooldown, in theory her invulnerability and other buffs shouldn't be removed by anything because of the resistance, but we have yet to confirm that.

Skill 3 (7-5 cd): Gain 5-10 stars per turn for 3 turns, charge own NP by 10-20%.
a pretty lackluster NP battery in all honestly, way too low, her atrocious NP gain doesn't help, nor her class as the star weight of it will make it that the stars she generates won't go to her.

NP: Remove defensive buffs of [Divine] enemies, Buster AOE attack (NP level) with 150-200% damage against [Divine] (OC), burn enemies for 1000 for 5 turns.
Normal damage for an AOE NP
removing defensive buffs of divine enemies is very niche because:
1: it has to have a defensive skill, which it might not.
2: it is very rare to fight more than one enemy with a Divine Trait, making the NP better suited as an ST one.
3:  the 1k burn will end as 5k after 5 turns, which is a miniscule amount compared to the gigantic health pool most bosses have

To add insult to injury her deck is BBBAQ she really doesn't need a third Buster card, a second Arts card would be better, and even then not so much. Why? Because her NP gain and Star generation are atrocious, one of the worst in the game, probably.

I’ve heard Appmedia is considering creating a new tier because she just that bad. Sure it’s mostly a memelist but even so, not even Schez had such a rocky start.

Avenger Nobu looks like a dart board of ideas with little synergy. Her first skill looks good on paper 70% buff, but a lot can happen in 3 turns, and losing 1k of hp each turn for 3 turns makes her fragile. 2nd skill is okay. 3rd skill is a band-aid on a massive gap. 20% np gain does little to fix her crappy np gain, stars to little to help her out. Needs help to get better

Mori is an explosive Lu Bu that crits then dies.

Kagetora has a fairly straightforward but solid kit. Arts lancers are a rare breed.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Nobu is just... Really really bad. She shouldn't have ditched her SM skill. She could've been salvaged if it had taken that stupid invil skill's place.

Technically speaking, Nobu never had Self-Modification, she has Demon King (which lorewise has similar effects to SM, but isn't quite as versatile).  Her third skill in every version she's had has been a variant of it:  Archer has Demon King, Zerker has Demon King of the Beach, and now Avenger has Demon King of the Sixth Heaven.  Avenger got the worst one, but the lore for the skill didn't change, just the game effect and name. 

So if she had Archer Nobu's version, it would replace Demon King of the Sixth Heaven, not her second skill (at least, if they stick to lore).

Funny enough, Kenshin isn’t a Saberface.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

I’ve heard Appmedia is considering creating a new tier because she just that bad. Sure it’s mostly a memelist but even so, not even Schez had such a rocky start.

Having gone through their ratings myself and discussing them with people who actually look at stuff besides the final score, Appmedia is not as much of a meme as people make it out to be.

I disagree with a good chunk of their placements, but the list is generally accepted as accurate among the more experienced players.

And yeah, Nobu is an awful servant. That 70% steroid after waiting 3 turns only amounts to 24k neutral NP damage. She needs an interlude, and fast.

Heck, I don’t think even an interlude is enough to make her good. Her kit is way too dysfunctional. She can’t crit, and she can’t instant NP with Merlin + Waver. And for Divine-slaying, there are a dime a dozen options. Arthur and Iskandar are unironically better than her.

One of the greatest figures in Japanese history is the worst SSR in the game. We’re in the bad timeline boys.

I don’t get it. Why did they made Nobu so bad?

I mean, they certainly devoted a lot of time for her animations(which are amazing) and voice(she has 12 different NP lines!), yet her kit feels all over the place, like they didn’t put much thought into it. Where did they go wrong?

I’m amazed how the new SSRs for Gudaguda got progressively worse with each new event, and not only does Nobu end up being the worst of them all, but possibly one of the worst SSRs period. If this truly is the last Gudaguda event, then this is quite the fart to end it on. Oy.

Oof for Nobu, even after getting her 5* variant she's still a meme when compared to Okita. At least Okita doesn't have a summer version so that's a win for Nobu. Her art is hot af though, so she has that going for her just like Yu, super pretty but super crappy.

I like totally-not-Jalter Kenshin, everything screams that she's a better Li Shuwen (he might have higher burst dmg but it's only for 1 turn and his CD are too long for what they offer) which makes her the best ST Arts Lancer, although that's more because the archetype barely has any servants rather than her being OP. Regardless, she'll be a welcome addition to my Chaldea in two years. 

- - - -

On NA, having the Memorial quests back is nice. Because I did my fun runs last time, I decided to just cheese them with Raikou/Euryale. Salter can't be cheesed like this so I'll just go back to stall strats with BB/Mash/support Jeanne. 

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

I’m amazed how the new SSRs for Gudaguda got progressively worse with each new event, and not only does Nobu end up being the worst of them all, but possibly one of the worst SSRs period. If this truly is the last Gudaguda event, then this is quite the fart to end it on. Oy.

The wellfare quality is at a sheer all time high though. Kenshin is a battery away from being at the top level of wellfare power level

....and yeah, the ONLY thing i would praise about Nobu Aventger is her 1st is one of the best skill in the entire game, and shes a divineslayer which puts her at slightly above omage gutter shit level, but shes still gutter shit lul