Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I mean, a 20% battery is still a battery. That said, being reminiscent of Gaiwain probably isn't a good thing considering she's 5*. Kind of feels like she's suffering from the 'Golden Rule Effect,' where if you have skill(s) that increase your NP gain they deliberately shaft your base NP gain---and they probably would've made her third skill like 30%+ if she didn't have the Avenger 3.3% NP gauge a turn.

The 7% death rate paired with a basically impossible to remove invul means she can really consistently survive one turn, but her kit feels like they tried to specialize her in 3 different directions at once, which more or less guarantees that a third of her kit will be useless in any given fight---It's just that which third is useless rotates depending on the fight & team comp.

I still like her, though, but that's because I usually prefer to have a 2nd damage dealer over a 2nd hard support on most of my teams, and her kit basically shoe-horns her into the secondary damage dealer role. It helps that a triple Buster deck is basically ideal for using offensive Command Codes as far as I can tell. (Pretty easy to give her, say, Da Vinci-chan for one of her Busters since she has 2 other ones to spare for stuff like being a buff removing Buster lead that primes the turn for your main damage dealer.)

Mind, all that's just theorycraft, maybe I'll change my opinion once I actually see what the content in JAP is like, 2 years down the line.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

yL4sdTL.png

Man, the amount of people not putting their formal dress CE on support is immensely frustrating.

It takes like ten minutes of resetting support to find anything, not even necessarily one I haven't located, anything.

Sigh.

30 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:
  Hide contents

yL4sdTL.png

Man, the amount of people not putting their formal dress CE on support is immensely frustrating.

It takes like ten minutes of resetting support to find anything, not even necessarily one I haven't located, anything.

Sigh.

Speaking of which, did you manage to get mine? It’s the Arthur CE, which I placed on my servant Arthur to make it easier to find. And he’s on the All section.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:09 AM, Water Mage said:

Speaking of which, did you manage to get mine? It’s the Arthur CE, which I placed on my servant Arthur to make it easier to find. And he’s on the All section.

Yep, I did.  The ones that I've circled in the image are the ones I've found thus far.

The only ones that still evade me are Lartoria non-Alter, Blackbeard, Hercules, Euryale, Penth, Quetz, Taiga, Medusa, and Vlad.

Edited by Glaceon Mage
Found Quetz, Penth, Herc, Lartoria, and Vlad

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:
  Hide contents

yL4sdTL.png

Sigh.

Sort of a dumb question. Why are people collecting them on the friends list? I started reading that people are trying to get all of them. I've been kinda burnt out from work so I probably didn't get the gist of it. 

Also

Spoiler

D-tstNRU0AAjscx.jpg

Edited by redlight

1 minute ago, redlight said:

Sort of a dumb question. Why are people collecting them on the friends list? I started reading that people are trying to get all of them. I've been kinda burnt out from work so I probably didn't get the gist of it. 

Also

Reveal hidden contents

D-tstNRU0AAjscx.jpg

In My Room under Material, there's a thing labeled Spirit Origin List.  There's a Servant list and a CE list in there.

The only way to get the whole "seen" CE list filled out is to use a support of CEs you don't have, including other variants of portrait CEs that you did not pick, bond CE, etc.

Basically, it's for the functional equivalent of Pokédex.

On 7/5/2019 at 6:43 PM, Glaceon Mage said:

In My Room under Material, there's a thing labeled Spirit Origin List.  There's a Servant list and a CE list in there.

The only way to get the whole "seen" CE list filled out is to use a support of CEs you don't have, including other variants of portrait CEs that you did not pick, bond CE, etc.

Basically, it's for the functional equivalent of Pokédex.

Thanks. I'll finish up my stamina in Heroes and then get onto it in FGO.

This is stupid. The buff Mori gains from his NP doesn't take effect because of the demerit on his first skill. Just get rid of that stupid demerit with a strengthening.

Edited by redlight

So I rolled the GSSR, and behold...repeat Servant.

Granted it was Arthur, my favorite Servant, and now I have him at NP2. And for some reason it didn’t bother me as much. From I what I’ve heard, it’s 33% upgrade in damage from NP1 to NP2, so I feel like Arthur really benefited from it. 

Just to confirm, is it really a 33% boost in damage?

Edited by Water Mage

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

So I rolled the GSSR, a behold...repeat Servant.

Granted it was Arthur, my favorite Servant, and now I have him at NP2. And for some reason it didn’t bother me as much. From I what I’ve heard, it’s 33% upgrade in damage from NP1 to NP2, so I feel like Arthur really benefited from it. 

Yes.  Non-interlude Buster NP goes from 300% to 400% damage when going from NP1 to NP2.

My GSSR got Gilgamesh to NP2, which means he probably hits as hard or harder than my NP5 Ishtar now.  I should probably use him more anyways, given that he was one of my first SSRs...

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Yes.  Non-interlude Buster NP goes from 300% to 400% damage when going from NP1 to NP2.

My GSSR got Gilgamesh to NP2, which means he probably hits as hard or harder than my NP5 Ishtar now.  I should probably use him more anyways, given that he was one of my first SSRs...

My condolences as a someone who also got a repeat.

Although to be fair, both of our Servants benefited a lot from it, so it wasn’t a total loss.

This was the 2nd GSSR that I got double 5*s

This time, Okita (np2 yay) and CuZilla (prob storage guardian). Sadly, neither are among the AoEs that I really wanted but Okita is a great upgrade 😄

Just now, Water Mage said:

My condolences as a someone who also got a repeat.

Although to be fair, both of our Servants benefited a lot from it, so it wasn’t a total loss.

The repeat doesn't bother me honestly, I just haven't used Gilgamesh much since rolling Ishtar.  It's better than getting a Servant I don't like (Raikou or Schez), and much better than getting a repeat of a Servant I have at NP5 (Ishtar, Illya, Melt, or Okita).  Repeats are kind of par for the course given that I'm a whale.

My servant ended up being brand new, and that was Ryougi Shiki.

Now Shiki is someone with a enormous following that rivals og Saber herself, but I’m pretty unfamiliar with KnK (I tried watching the first movie but got bored out of my skull), so on a personal level I’m indifferent to her. On top of that she was kinda in the middle in my own desire factor. However, she’s a limited servant so I got someone relatively rare, and she has her niches, so all in all it was aight. Plus she’s my first AoE SSR Saber so she has that going her. Not floored, but not (overly) disappointed. Welcome to the team, Shiki.

Edited by Silverly

Took me 92 turns and using 3 command spells when she had 700k left, but I finally beat Salter. Budget team of Mash, David and Merlin. Needed to level HoH to level 6 because of CDs not overlapping with Salter's NP.

10 hours ago, Water Mage said:

So I rolled the GSSR, and behold...repeat Servant.

Yes, its 33%. For the record in case you ever wonder about this, while Quick does have higher modifier on NP than arts and buster, they are all pretty much the same since Buster numbers are downscaled.

And yes 33% is massive. imagine it like this:

I you do 31000 before, now you do 41000. If you do 100.000 now its 130.000. Seemingly small in low end, once you stack buff and try to burst the difference is very noticable

Its why Interlude buff is such a big deal

Of course theres also sickos like Gilgamesh where Interlude give an extra effect - to put into perspective NP1 Postbuff Gil is stronger than NP5 prebuff Gil if you dont have any NP damage buff to mess with the comparison. You sometimes have, but the fact that its a 4 level jump is a big reason why Gil went from an eh servant into one of the most broken servant even by today standard

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I got Tamamo Lancer from GSSR. Going full circle from getting Caster in my first GSSR, huh.

I’m considering rolling Parvati to NP2 later this year, but otherwise I’m not pulling for at least another year.

I like how the only other person with a formal dress CE on their support list is this random guy with NP5 on half his stuff. He's probably feeling pretty bad if his friend's list is anything like mine, lul, since he's specifically asking for anniversary CEs. (I'm assuming he means the formal dress CEs rather than the Holmes banner CEs, since I doubt he'd have problems getting those.)

Kind of tempted to pull a bit more on the Holmes banner, but I already got the 5* CE and I feel like dropping more tickets on it would be pushing my luck considering Summer Nero is pretty close now.

14 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I like how the only other person with a formal dress CE on their support list is this random guy with NP5 on half his stuff. He's probably feeling pretty bad if his friend's list is anything like mine, lul, since he's specifically asking for anniversary CEs. (I'm assuming he means the formal dress CEs rather than the Holmes banner CEs, since I doubt he'd have problems getting those.)

Kind of tempted to pull a bit more on the Holmes banner, but I already got the 5* CE and I feel like dropping more tickets on it would be pushing my luck considering Summer Nero is pretty close now.

There's this guy on my FL with both level 100 Medusa Rider and level 100 Medusa Lancer.

They have not put their CE up, and Medusa is one of two I still have yet to find (the other being Euryale).  It's kinda frustrating.

Edit: found Medusa and Euryale back to back.  yay, everything is registered.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I finally got her, those tickets were a good investment! Extra happy because I've wanted her for the longest time.

Spoiler

o88vcc6.png

Now I can freely do extreme stall memes with BB/Tamamo/Mash. Guess this should be able to defeat everything sans Insta-death spammers even if it costs my sanity in the process.