Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it doesn’t really help that Sakura is easily one of the most divisive characters in the Fate franchise, if not the most divisive one. 

If she had kept the exposed midriff and then the dress slit I would have thought “k that’s pretty cute”, but it ends up being all over the place and just kinda underwhelming.

19 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Did you mean to ping @Water Mage?  I wasn't part of this conversation.

Oh, oops.

And yes, Parvati is incredibly, utterly, ridiculously, stupidly broken. She came out before Skadi so she fell a bit flat at first, but now...

If you consider all the factors (availability, relevance, strengths, investment), Parvati is about the only servant I’d give a perfect score.

She is way too good.

Also her art is immaculate don’t @ me

Latecomer reporting in, just to say I managed to finish Bunyan's story before it expired.

I've been busy with tons of other stuff recently, but when I actually get to sit down and play through FGO's story, I remember why I love FGO. I just wish the events and storylines weren't time-limited. I guess this is why I enjoy Another Eden, which has no form of pressure on the player due to time limited content. Once it's available, it stays available for the player to finish at their own pace.

Don't know my plans on tackling the summer rerun. A part of me is considering dropping FGO due to the time investment, but I really enjoy the story and setting.

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

Latecomer reporting in, just to say I managed to finish Bunyan's story before it expired.

I've been busy with tons of other stuff recently, but when I actually get to sit down and play through FGO's story, I remember why I love FGO. I just wish the events and storylines weren't time-limited. I guess this is why I enjoy Another Eden, which has no form of pressure on the player due to time limited content. Once it's available, it stays available for the player to finish at their own pace.

Don't know my plans on tackling the summer rerun. A part of me is considering dropping FGO due to the time investment, but I really enjoy the story and setting.

Apparently in JP they're experimenting with letting past events be unlockable---Dante's Prison Tower is on sale in the Rare Prism shop if I've read things correctly---so maybe eventually they'll let even big events like a Summer Event be unlockable.

I know it’s still far away, but I have a question about Merlin’s banner in September.

Is there going to be a solo rate up day or is he going to share the entire banner with Artoria?

Edited by Water Mage

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

I know it’s still far away, but I have a question about Merlin’s banner in September.

Is there going to be a solo rate up day or is he going to share the entire banner with Artoria?

It rotates

https://grandorder.wiki/10M_Downloads_Campaign

33 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I was wondering who is the better 4* on the Summer 2 part 1 banner? Nobu, Nito, or Franke? I'm only interested in Summer Nero and unsure of the others.

If word of mouth is anything to go by, it’d probably be Nobunaga or Fran. The former is a solid crit zerker while the latter has a niche as a quick saber with a STNP though she needs some help since all of her skills have a rebuff of some sort. I’d lean more towards the latter personally.

Nito is pretty much just herself but as an assassin without a battery. I don’t see a lot going for her.

Summer Fran's Galvanism is pretty nuts.

I was saving for Summer Nito months ago, but I understood how mediocre she is as time went on. Just use the caster version. Just as hot and seems to be much better. At least for farming

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I was wondering who is the better 4* on the Summer 2 part 1 banner? Nobu, Nito, or Franke? I'm only interested in Summer Nero and unsure of the others.

Summer Fran for sure. Neither Nobu nor Nitocris are particularly good NP1 pulls.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Summer Fran for sure. Neither Nobu nor Nitocris are particularly good NP1 pulls.

tbf Nobu is pretty amazing at NP2. But then again the SSR besides her..... wasnt that good iirc?

Weakest summer overall besides Raikou, NP2 Nobu, and Fran which amusingly is all SR

Ugh, this CQ looks like it's going to be a damn grind. Incoming damage is extremely low for a bunch of mid level Beserkers, but 600k+ hp is a lot of chew through, especially due to the sustain requirements.

I think I'm going to bring in Jeanne rather than use a support Merlin if this run doesn't pan, since for some reason every single Merlin uses 2030s (ignoring the ones using event CEs). Not like 2030s are bad, but it's about on the level of Merlin's Bond CE, and that's not really what I'm looking for when Prisma Cosmos and Golden Carp are both on the table. (One for better sustain, one for better Burst.)

Edit: Turns out incoming damage was really low, despite the fact that later boars had more levels. The correct play was to run Waver in the front lines rather than using Merlin, but that's not something I could've known going in. (My team was basically my whipless Kiara team with Merlin swapped for Waver, lul.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Spoiler

7ZUbvAk.png

That was easier than I expected it to be.  Mash mitigated the damage quite splendidly.  I may have been able to do it faster with Iskandar instead of Amakusa (because NP2 and def down on NP), but idk.

I rolled on summer 2. Got 4 of Marie, 2 of Martha, and a whopping 0 of Saber. Oh, and some assorted CEs. Man, this game is not on my side at all. It’s sad when the last SSR I actually wanted and summoned was Nero way back in April...

It's... kinda weird having most of my SSRs and SRs be all-out attackers. I adore Jalter and Dantes to bits and pieces, but they can't really take too many hits. Maybe I should start to focus on what works for my team, than what looks neat... y'know, if I had any signs of self-restraint. Besides! That's kinda boring. So, instead, I wasted 120 quartz on this banner, only got the bare minimum SR CE per full roll and called it a day. I kinda asked for this.

Extremely easy CQ. First run was BB / Mash / Merlin. Took no damage from the boars and cleared in 45 turns.

I tried it again earlier to see if double Merlin could just outheal the damage and facetank with no defense buffs whatsoever. Saber Alter for the DPS. These boars are super noodle-arm apparently.

Towards the end I was 8% NP charge away from NP’ing for game, so I just plugsuited Saber out for BB and cinched it. 28 turns.

If I bothered to optimize the turncount could be even lower, but I’m too lazy to do it again.

Edited by MrSmokestack

It's a bit minor, but does it feel like the first card bonus applies to the first card to anyone else as well? (Beast lair's FGO formulas kind of imply this, but the in game hints or w/e imply the first card bonus is only for cards 2 & 3, IRRC.)

i.e. Arts has 400% NP gain for the first card, Buster has 200% damage rather than 150%.

7 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

It's a bit minor, but does it feel like the first card bonus applies to the first card to anyone else as well? (Beast lair's FGO formulas kind of imply this, but the in game hints or w/e imply the first card bonus is only for cards 2 & 3, IRRC.)

i.e. Arts has 400% NP gain for the first card, Buster has 200% damage rather than 150%.

Wouldn’t that imply that Buster NPs would hit harder if picked first?

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

NPs are unaffected by card order and first card bonuses.  The first card bonus can be determined by an NP, but it doesn't affect it.

@DehNutCaseAFAIK, the first card benefits from the first card bonus, unless its an NP. Second and third card bonuses only apply to their respective card, but first card bonus affects the entire chain, including the first card and the Extra card, if applicable.

13 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

NPs are unaffected by card order and first card bonuses.  The first card bonus can be determined by an NP, but it doesn't affect it.

@DehNutCaseAFAIK, the first card benefits from the first card bonus, unless its an NP. Second and third card bonuses only apply to their respective card, but first card bonus affects the entire chain, including the first card and the Extra card, if applicable.

13 hours ago, Water Mage said:

13 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

It does. Buster 1 is 200, Arts is 400, Quick is fucking shit so i would laugh at your life choi- ok its 20%

Notably first card bonus is additive to the card modifier, so while it works with ATK and powerbuff(the supercategory that includes crit), it doesn't work with Card type buff. The rough formula looks like this

Buster starter affecting damage:

Card Modifier(150) x  ATK x CTBuff x Power + First card bonus(50) x ATK x Power

NP gen:

Card Modifier on NP gen x CTbuff x NP gen buff + First Card Bonus(100) x NP gen buff

Stargen sucks and doesn't mat- uhhh anyway:

Card Stargen x Cardtype buff + Stargen buff + Garbage i mean Quick starter

You can then add overkill modifier and such. Overkill modifier itself being 50% multiplier on overall NP gen, and +30 or 50% i forgot on stargen. Yes, plus as it its additive. Critical hits, to my knowledge double NP gen overall, and multiplicative with Overkill so OK and Crit is 3x multiplier. Stargen is +20% on Crits.

Due to this quirks, on mechanical fronts there are some thinsg to note on several servant:

1. Caster Gilgamesh does indeed only boost stargen by 100%, instead of 160% something that can also be said for EMIYA, Fionn, and Kuro for example

2. An ABB chain generates same on both their B cards, and this generation is only improvable by NP gen buff. Had it was not for how much better buster cards is on damage front, ABQ would have been Scathatch better chain over ABB, producing 5.2 stars instead of 1.2, and well, same NP gen because its  3 x 2 vs 6 x 1. Always keep in mind that buster hit = 3x Quick is the benchmark for when Q is worse than B for NP gen

And to expand more on what Yoru said, since this is related to Water Mage post albeit probably not. NP is subject to the card scaling, but NOT affected by First card. Its easy to test, just arts starter and buster NP and you won't see an NP refill

Being subject to card scaling partially to be exact, they are ALWAYS treated as Card 1 regardless. What this means is Buster NP modifier, the one you see on datamine and wiki is 50% Higher, arts is normal, quick is 80% of the listed value. The end result is Buster, Arts, and Quick have the exact same NP power with NP power being differently strong or weak only a few select servant - those largely does not exists anymore so its irrelevant

The overcharge mechanic is created to emulate the card order that normal cards have, in a sense its kind of like saying "NP is affected by card order, but only when its another NP"

Essentially NPs are designed to be used as a first card, and this is one of the many reason why Quick is mechancally quite fucking garbage

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I really slacked off for the re-run. Doing everything in 3 days wasn't exactly fun but at least I managed to clear both events and got the EXP and fous from the shop. 

The first CQ was annoying, I really hate when the enemy has those mega dmg reduction skills because it reduces everything to a crawl. It took me over 50 turns even when I went for a more offensive comp with Ishtar/Euryale/support Merlin. 

The second one was better, luckily a support Merlin had a MLB Prisma Cosmos so I was able to taste the mega stall power of Merlin+Jeanne+DPS. I brought Da Vinci for the heck of it mostly because I don't use her and the fight lasted for almost 80 turns but I liked how the fight ended with my party at full health. 2 stacks of GoA followed by Jeanne's NP heal can bring you from the brink of death to full Hp in two turns, it's crazy.