Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

That demerit didnt fucking matter for turn 1, lets not forget Tamamo's heal is ALWAYS wasted on like every other servant ever, and she have accel turn as a safety net. And no this batch of summer servant is pretty insanely good. or at least Musashi is solid, and Hokusai is CLEARLY frigging amazing, and Osa is ruined by being AOE when otherwise she outpower Qin Shin Huang

Musashi have Sieg Refill tier on an AOE Berserker. Shes shaky but thats a really good unit type

Carmilla is about as sad as the rarity she is in >_>

From what I’ve heard, Appmedia is already considering Summer Musashi to be on the same level as Avenger Nobu, though I will admit that Summer Hokusai is damn good, on the same level as Saberlot maybe even better than him.

9 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

From what I’ve heard, Appmedia is already considering Summer Musashi to be on the same level as Avenger Nobu, though I will admit that Summer Hokusai is damn good, on the same level as Saberlot maybe even better than him.

Appmedia is basically putting most stuff in "dont care give filled tier" level if its not "obviously busted to death"

For what it worth Appmedia tier system for her is actually B atm but its VERY shortsighted in that Musashi's Farming capability is actually on par with A tier

Honestly that can be said for most Tier list. You never read the bottom part, only the top. Most people didn't really give a fuck to properly rate the lower ends(although Musashi Zerker is farming specs is kinda underrated)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

The Suzuka CE honestly seems better from a gameplay standpoint.  There's nothing particularly gamebreaking about Midsummer Memories as far as I can tell.

Wait, do you refer to how all its stats are HP?  That is a bit lame.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

• Berserker Musashi is an oddball for me. While she is a powerhouse, she also needs heavy team support to be at her best. Why use a 5* zerker with support when there are cheaper and easier options available?
  •  Hokusai can give Lancelot a run for his money.
  • If only Osakabehime didn't have the Arjuna issue of a buster np with mostly arts cards.
  •  Carmilla is a debuffing machine.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:32 AM, redlight said:

??? What's the matter? Good CE or something?

Horrible. Offensive buffs on a CE with 3,000 HP / 0 Atk spread.

It's on par with Afternoon in the Citadel with how mind-bogglingly bad it is.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:07 AM, Jingle Jangle said:
  • Berserker Musashi is an oddball for me. While she is a powerhouse, she also needs heavy team support to be at her best. Why use a 5* zerker with support when there are cheaper and easier options available?

She's one of the best refund farmers out there though. She also scales better with support than other Arts point servants do.

I consider Hokusai a sidegrade to Lancelot at best. Her main lead is in NP damage, but Lancelot has more consistent criticals.

Osakabehime has a better buff value than Qin Shi Huang and excellent NP gain for her deck--2.0 Arts card on a Caster deck is impressive. Really, her main weak point is her Charisma and NP. Otherwise a pretty good archer.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Horrible. Offensive buffs on a CE with 3,000 HP / 0 Atk spread.

It's on par with Afternoon in the Citadel with how mind-bogglingly bad it is.

She's one of the best refund farmers out there though. She also scales better with support than other Arts point servants do.

I consider Hokusai a sidegrade to Lancelot at best. Her main lead is in NP damage, but Lancelot has more consistent criticals.

Osakabehime has a better buff value than Qin Shi Huang and excellent NP gain for her deck--2.0 Arts card on a Caster deck is impressive. Really, her main weak point is her Charisma and NP. Otherwise a pretty good archer.

Honestly the way i see Hokusai is she basically invalidates the entire rarity into might as well not exists area but i consider this viewpoint for way more than her wellfare wise 

If theres a servant who basically does Jalter damage in NP(who is 58200 but scales worse as you add more ATK. For example 2000 ATK HNS Jalter do 69000 to Hokusai 80.000 and Jalter vs Class counter is already fucking insane), and have the critical consistency for the catch all advantage of doubled NP gen you have to question why ever bother with (boss killer) SSRs when you pretty much have one already.

Kagetora(doesnt help SSR Lancer is kinda shaky), Hokusai(Saber somehow have the most consistent servant in history and shaky SSR line up at the same time), and The Mistake pretty much reach this spot effortlessly. Less so in Kagetora case because she doesnt have Instinct

Yeah Ozy is good vs Kiara but thats far and few in between of cases. Archuria is bonkers enough to side step it. Most of the good Archer in ssr is aoe thankfully and the ST Archer have unfair advantage(Demiya is outright the strongest burst archer, Ash Blossom have permanent 50% steroid, Fujino is hilariously bulky and have GRule)

Its kinda mind boggling to think that Ushiwakamaru and Bedivere is simultaneously the best R and the LEAST worth raising in a sense. Robin and Eury at least have common potential to outdo Kuro.

About the comparison between Saber Hokusai and Sabelot this is what I gathered:

Saberlot seems more consistent and needs less support to do his thing.
He can keep pulling Arts crits on his own. No need to use quick cards. That, plus an extra buster card, higher base ATK and normally a more potent crit buff means he has higher normal damage overall.
His star gather skill is way more potent and has a lower CD. Hence, consistency as a crit unit.

Hokusai’s NP is much stronger though, between the easy NP5 and multiplicative buffs.
Her crits will be absolutely insane if you get the right hands and can generate enough stars to abuse her 3rd skill, much in the way her Foreigner counterpart does.

I wouldn’t say one is definitely better than the other. Hokusai’s full value will depend on the tools you have to support her. Also, if you somehow get NP2+ Saberlot, their performance becomes much closer.

Although...where does Yagyu stands compared to the other two? I gotta admit, I’m not sure.

Edited by Water Mage

20 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Although...where does Yagyu stands compared to the other two? I gotta admit, I’m not sure.

While he does share some similarities, he's more of a massive debuffer.

Well... Guess I'll try saving for NP5 Penmelt. Hohoho. Goddamn this is gonna be a long wait.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Yagyu has a different use case than either of them. Hokusai and Lancelot are more useful for most content. Yagyu shines in ST fights where buff removal or pierce invuln are prominent.

For example, Yagyu is way more powerful than either against Avenger Amakusa or Demonic Bodhisattva.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

About the comparison between Saber Hokusai and Sabelot this is what I gathered:

Saberlot seems more consistent and needs less support to do his thing.
He can keep pulling Arts crits on his own. No need to use quick cards. That, plus an extra buster card, higher base ATK and normally a more potent crit buff means he has higher normal damage overall.
His star gather skill is way more potent and has a lower CD. Hence, consistency as a crit unit.

Hokusai’s NP is much stronger though, between the easy NP5 and multiplicative buffs.
Her crits will be absolutely insane if you get the right hands and can generate enough stars to abuse her 3rd skill, much in the way her Foreigner counterpart does.

I wouldn’t say one is definitely better than the other. Hokusai’s full value will depend on the tools you have to support her. Also, if you somehow get NP2+ Saberlot, their performance becomes much closer.

just saying here, this is even more relevant for arts even

"Hokusai have multiplicative buff" in the context of describing NP damage up is a bit of a misnomer. Unit with NP damage buff,  actually have a downsize compared to one that doesn't thanks to Black Grail - 80%, and on arts this become 110%. To wit, both at NP5, Hokusai went from beating Lance by 20% to beating him by 10% when both equips BG and then use Tamamo, in numbers. Being Arts aka weaker cards, Lance Tama Waver does 300k to Hokusai 352k against the tankiest, most recent Lancer boss with Maxed Golden Sumo who have 350k HP at max break bar. Both will trigger Musashi bug for ease of refill at that point, and Saberlot actually was the one with Insta NP advantage if you set out a 20% battery beforehand. 

Basically for most situation you don't need BG, the advantage for NP damage buff likely isnt enough. Granted this was Np5 comparison, and i already said that Hokusai invalidates ALL ST Saber so i made my stance clear >_>

Its one of many reason @MrSmokestack waifu isn't really that phenomenal of a DPS, although its the smallest of them all.

Yagyu is weird. Basically the way i see if, if you think "oh i think i wont be able to finish this fight in 1 buff rotation", he have one of the most consistent ways to make it to the next buff rotation but simultanously he have the worst buff rotation of the 3 because all of his stuff lasts a 1 turn and he lacks battery. This is because once he DO reach NP, hes almost guaranteed to do NP 2 times with how insane his refill internal and such is and naturally speaking he's the most powerful SR Saber, in terms of damage boost potential.

I have like 0 experience using Yagyu though

Looking at Summer Okita’s NP, it seems she’s stunned after it, sorta like vanilla Jeanne’s original NP. I mean, a command code can fix that, but some people are already claiming she sucks. Seems some players are unhappy with this year’s batch of Summer Servants in terms of gameplay, in the sense they are already assuming they’re bad without even giving a second glance. I know I did that with Summer Musahi.

Considering how Merlin trended worldwide for a bit during Sunday, it feels weird that a male Servant is the most popular character in a Summer event.

Edited by Water Mage

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Looking at Summer Okita’s NP, it seems she’s stunned after it, sorta like vanilla Jeanne’s original NP. I mean, a command code can fix that, but some people are already claiming she sucks. Seems some players are unhappy with this year’s batch of Summer Servants in terms of gameplay, in the sense they are already assuming they’re bad without even giving a second glance. I know I did that with Summer Musahi.

Considering how Merlin trended worldwide for a bit during Sunday, it feels weird that a male Servant is the most popular character in a Summer event.

It's not just that, her first and third skill also have pretty shitty demerits attached.  

First skill removed her own defensive buffs.  This is at least sort of workable by simply using it before defensive skills... 

Third skill gives her a defense debuff.... that is treated as a buff so the only way to get rid of it is if then enemy has buff removal (which would also axe the beneficial parts of the skill).  And no, her first skill's demerit does not remove it.

Not very DAISHOURI of you, DW.

21 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It's not just that, her first and third skill also have pretty shitty demerits attached.  

First skill removed her own defensive buffs.  This is at least sort of workable by simply using it before defensive skills... 

Third skill gives her a defense debuff.... that is treated as a buff so the only way to get rid of it is if then enemy has buff removal (which would also axe the beneficial parts of the skill).  And no, her first skill's demerit does not remove it.

Not very DAISHOURI of you, DW.

To make matters even worse, according to the wiki, her insta death rate is 50%. Insta Death is not very common, but it’s still a pretty bad thing for Summer Okita’s survivability.

With Avenger Nobu being arguably one of the worst SSR, and now Summer Okita, I’m starting to think DW has something against Koha-ace or against female Servants in general. Specifically popular female Servants, like Okita, Nobu and Miyu. Feels like the famously bad Servants are usually popular females while the top tier ones are usually male. Not to say the opposite doesn’t happen but still. I wonder of it’s because they know the popular females Servants will sell, they feel like they can more “experimental” with them, with more “unique” kits.

Edited by Water Mage

To make matters even worse, according to the wiki, her insta death rate is 50%. Insta Death is not very common, but it’s still a pretty bad thing for Summer Okita’s survivability.

With Avenger Nobu being arguably one of the worst SSR, and now Summer Okita, I’m starting to think DW has something against Koha-ace or against female Servants in general. Specifically popular female Servants, like Okita, Nobu and Miyu. Feels like the famously bad Servants are usually popular females while the top tier ones are usually male. Not to say the opposite doesn’t happen but still. I wonder of it’s because they know the popular females Servants will sell, they feel like they can more “experimental” with them, with more “unique” kits.

The worst SSR prior to Maou Nobu's release was generally agreed to be Iskandar (though he's thankfully better now), and they release far more females than males still (there have been 2 definitively male SSRs released this year, Old Li and Alter Arjuna).  

So I don't think it's that they're biased against females, they just release more of them so they have more chances to release bad females.  

13 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

The worst SSR prior to Maou Nobu's release was generally agreed to be Iskandar (though he's thankfully better now), and they release far more females than males still (there have been 2 definitively male SSRs released this year, Old Li and Alter Arjuna).  

So I don't think it's that they're biased against females, they just release more of them so they have more chances to release bad females.  

To be honest, I don’t think they’re biased against females, rather I think they’re more...”experimental” with female kits, which gives more chances of them being bad.

That being said, I definitely think they’re biased against Koha-Ace Servants.

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

To be honest, I don’t think they’re biased against females, rather I think they’re more...”experimental” with female kits, which gives more chances of them being bad.

That being said, I definitely think they’re biased against Koha-Ace Servants.

Kagetora is really good at least?  Okita Alter pretty much just needs her NP Interluded... And Hijikata can meme I guess, on top of being one of the only ST Berserkers with a interluded NP (only other ones I know of are Beowulf and Vlad).  

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Kagetora is really good at least?  Okita Alter pretty much just needs her NP Interluded... And Hijikata can meme I guess, on top of being one of the only ST Berserkers with a interluded NP (only other ones I know of are Beowulf and Vlad).  

Even so, it feels like only Kagetora really stands out as a Servant from the Koha-Ace bunch. It helps that she is a welfare Lancer, which are rare.

Changing the subject, how does Summer Melt compare to Fionn as a NP looper? At first it feels like she’s better, but with her NP charge skill draining NP from other teammates, it feels like she might need more specialized teammates, plus the fact that there might be situations where her NP charge might not work at all.

Even so, it feels like only Kagetora really stands out as a Servant from the Koha-Ace bunch. It helps that she is a welfare Lancer, which are rare.

Okita is still a good ST Saber, despite no interlude and fairly bland skills (arguably one of the best ST Sabers due to Skadi existing).  Her only real problem is the same problem any ST Servant has, which is the abundance of AOE quests.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Changing the subject, how does Summer Melt compare to Fionn as a NP looper? At first it feels like she’s better, but with her NP charge skill draining NP from other teammates, it feels like she might need more specialized teammates, plus the fact that there might be situations where her NP charge might not work at all.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Kagetora isn't just good. She, like Hokusai pretty much invalidate the entire pool of STNP Lancer from existing in a sense that since they are pretty much In Class Jalter, you never need a new STNP Lancer ever again unless you want them for specific purposes, or aims for NP2 SSR. She's not as perfect as Hokusai or as ridiculous as Kintoki Rider, but she hits basically everything else right.

Summer Melt have good refill, and her battery have a good chunk of potential if you have Golden Carp

When compared to Fionn its hard to say. Melt definitely beats him in farming, 10% better refill, permanent Arts buff, ability to take Paracelsus Battery for her own, etc. Melt Nero Bride Paracelsus with Kscope is an ok mid level farming set up but its, frankly nothing special due to the lower ends of damage associated with it

With CQ its still harder to say how sufficient she is at enabling Blitz because again, damage. Damage is what stops Parvati from being the clear cut best quick servant in the entire game and it applies too here.

Its just that Fionn happen to be the one servant where saying "he's just not Parvati" is actually not a meme. 

I never got around to doing the Summer event as I've been preoccupied with other things (mainly Three Houses). Maybe I'll catch the re-run next year.

Honestly though, I haven't touched FGO much since January. While I love the story and the characters, my time is starting to become more limited (and/or is being shifted to other things) so I'm considering uninstalling Fate/Grand Order.

For the first time ever, I got a SSR from a ticket, and of course it was none other than Fate’s og token loli Illya! I’m very pleased about this, as my lack of getting a SSR for a long period of time (barring the guaranteed one which gave me Shiki who I was lukewarm to) kinda soured my FGO experience as of late, albeit mildly. Plus Illya is a cinnamon roll who deserves headpats for days. 

Too bad I’ll likely not get to her interlude in time for the 1/2 AP. Doesn’t help that I’m kinda in a cinch in terms of QP as well. 12k is pretty oof.