Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Of out all the year 4 Summer servants who are the best? Personally, I think it's Hokusai. Majority of them have severe demerits that are holding them back.

Best IMO Samushi (SSR looping Berserker), CARmilla (offensive utility), Samusai (probably your best ST SR saber if you don't have one that's maxed out) and Penmelt (arts looper with a large battery). The rest are okay. They have their merits, but the four that I mentioned in my uniformed opinion stand more out in desirability. Bunny Artoria is weird tho.

Edited by redlight

Hokusai is without a doubt the most straightforward

Musashi is the strongest of them all by far in practce i feel. Im like 80% sure of it but eh, her inability to crits is what make me think twice but otherwise she have a lot of things right, good refill specs and AOE refill Zerker is something cool. @MrSmokestack Thoughts?

Okita is actually really good.... for her class standard

Melt have potential. She's probably worse than Fionn but in year of our lord 2019 being worse than Fionn isnt a bad thing

If i have to rank its along the lines of

Offers something unique, or good enough

Musahi

Hokusai

Melt

Technically offers something "new" but not strong enough to make the cut

Ruler Artoria - she offers consistent 3 turn NP "loop" with 2 Waver and a Skadi. This is something we already see from Lartoria, Artoria, and Mordred. The reason this isn't good enough is because you should just Arjuna Loop

Osakabehime - MASSIVE buff value so theres places for her. But she suffers Nobu issue where shes a phenomenal ST servant who is an AOE. Ultimately she's not as powerful as Demiya and Ash Blossom, and Kuro sadly

Fairly strong unit in a weak archetype:

Okita - REALLY GOOD skillset and busted card, downsized by lolNP, and even without it, she would probably be medicore due to her NP low refill and AOE Assasson being a largely weak class

Also smokes have her NP5 for some reason

LOL:

Carmilla - ha. ha. ha. It took them 3 year of not releasing a new Rider in the gacha and we get this.

Ok seriously speaking, Carmilla is actually solid. Its just that she's mostly a GGPG fodder or another case like Boudica where she's basically "Saberlot's waifu". And theres already a gazillion of Saberlot's waifu and i'd think twice saying she's the best. As a whole these kind of unit sums up into "not Waver". Having her battery delayed makes her wonky as an extender, and her value on buff is a mediocre

She's not bad, and i'd certainly say she's good enough to make use of, but she's weirdly eh in comparison to other options due to how meh her NP is.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Musashi is the strongest of them all by far in practce i feel. Im like 80% sure of it but eh, her inability to crits is what make me think twice but otherwise she have a lot of things right, good refill specs and AOE refill Zerker is something cool. @MrSmokestack Thoughts?

Musashi's downside is that she can't crit. Ever.

Outside of that she's great. She's not really a point servant for CQs--Hokusai is still better there. However her refund farm is fantastic.

Fairly strong unit in a weak archetype:

Okita - REALLY GOOD skillset and busted card, downsized by lolNP, and even without it, she would probably be medicore due to her NP low refill and AOE Assasson being a largely weak class

Also smokes have her NP5 for some reason

Ò̧̥̤͡k͍̝̖͉̗͙͕i̧̲̘͚͕͉̰ţ̬̲͢͜a͖͉̬̪̬͕̹̗-̱̮̠̳̥͇̖͟s͏̴̧̪̤̭ḁ̹̬̞̟͓n͔̘̤̺̖̦̖͜ ̧̲͙̟̪͔̟̥̕Ḓ̩̬̰̤̬͖͎À̸͇͙̗̀I̞̗͇̯̗̥̠S̷̳͇͖̤̻̬H̭̪͇͍̦͓͝O̶͙̯̦͎̰̲͍͜͞U̧̻͖̺R̻͔̟͚̣̞Í̶̭̟͎̯̀

Initially, I wrote her off almost immediately when I saw the stun demerit. Between her passives and Reines though, I think she's pretty good now.

It's still very premature to rank the summer servants, but tentatively I would say:

Musashi > Hokusai > Melt > Artoria > Okita > Osaka > Carmilla

Edited by MrSmokestack

After several months of stalling, I have completed Agartha. That was rather painful to read. But on the upside I have for my weekly ticket I got my fist Tamamo. While I wanted np2 Illya this is a nice surprise. Now all I need is Merlin and Skadi to complete the pantheon of support casters. 

18 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

After several months of stalling, I have completed Agartha. That was rather painful to read. But on the upside I have for my weekly ticket I got my fist Tamamo. While I wanted np2 Illya this is a nice surprise. Now all I need is Merlin and Skadi to complete the pantheon of support casters. 

Yeah. I think I had midsummer around the time. At first I tried reading the story. Big mistake that was. Then I just skipped and that was pretty much the best thing in my life. I would've almost quit FGO because of gacha salt and Agartha. But the JP anniversary was like "FEH, hold my beer". I'm shaking. 2 years is too long

11 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Looks like Nero Fest will start on Thursday 29th, and I’m pretty excited. I heard pretty crazy things about Lotto so I’m interested to see how maddening Lotto farming is.

The current lotto is fairly different from the older ones. From what i remember Fest 3 is when 300 box become the standard so you should have a little bit easier time

I managed to get Lusamine within seven rolls! Even managed to pick up two more copies of Umu and a Carmilla to boot, making both NP3. Also got a rare prism in the form of Stheno.

Getting 2 SSRs in one month, the first entirely effortlessly... clearly I stole someone else’s luck but I’m not complaining, especially considering all the busts I had to endure in the past.

Can't believe I forgot that NP damage down and Damage Up (from the event CE) affects the same modifier when it comes to NP damage, so 100% NP damage down is actually only a 33% damage reduction when you have a MLB CE.

Wish I remembered that and just chucked a bunch of Scathach NPs at Gil rather than beating him to death with regular cards.

6 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Can't believe I forgot that NP damage down and Damage Up (from the event CE) affects the same modifier when it comes to NP damage, so 100% NP damage down is actually only a 33% damage reduction when you have a MLB CE. 

Wish I remembered that and just chucked a bunch of Scathach NPs at Gil rather than beating him to death with regular cards.

Huh it works like that with damage CE?

That makes quite a shitload difference when your running no damage CE run against him for some reason >_>

So umm. Does anyone have Zerktoki on their support setup? Could you please help a scrub out?

EDIT: Somehow managed with Serenity surviving to the end to deal poison damage.

Edited by redlight

4 hours ago, redlight said:

So umm. Does anyone have Zerktoki on their support setup? Could you please help a scrub out?

Sry no BroToki here... maybe I can help with something diff?

so far, 25 boxes and 2 CE drops.. goal is 10/day so pretty good so far

Turns out it's possible for my box to do a 3 turn with 6 Cheers, pity it needs pretty ridiculous card luck. It needs 1 card from Drake (ideally a quick), 2 cards from JAlter (Buster + Arts ideally) round 2, and then at least one Buster from JAlter round 3.

And if the 3 turn fails there's like a 50% chance the quest goes to turn 6, lul. (Since my offense buffs last till the end of turn 4, meaning if turn 4 gave me crap for cards it's nothing except unbuffed face cards to try and chew through Holmes + Helena.)

So far I have enough petals to do 20 boxes but I've only done 5 so far because my box is almost full. 

On a sadder note, I tried to roll for Umu Bride with the tickets and the 10 SQ from today. I got OG!Nero which is nice and NP2 Jeanne. I love Jeanne but NP2 is kinda meh considering the Def up doesn't scale very well. At least now she'll be able to use her NP even if the enemies have a NP drain.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

So far I have enough petals to do 20 boxes but I've only done 5 so far because my box is almost full. 

On a sadder note, I tried to roll for Umu Bride with the tickets and the 10 SQ from today. I got OG!Nero which is nice and NP2 Jeanne. I love Jeanne but NP2 is kinda meh considering the Def up doesn't scale very well. At least now she'll be able to use her NP even if the enemies have a NP drain.

The value of said def up comes from what i like to call CD timing. Usually you get Jannu Np at turn 5, so that def buff is bound to be put during the moments your getting your waver up for example.

So at NP2 you went from taking 70% damage to taking 55% damage which is honestly pretty cool, when you calc'd the damage reduced relative to healing value

It doesn't significantly change her workings but NP3 Jannu is pretty good

Hoooooooooly Shiiiiiiiit.

So I've been spending all my tickets and my meager amount quartz recently on the Nerofest banner. Hoping to at least get Bryn or Bride Umu.

Yesterday a summon ticket got me Helena. Not the best of servants, but a decent support servant.

Today I had 12 SQ. First summon got me regular Nero. In about 2021 she'll get a battery so that's in the backburner for now.

And then. FUCKING BRIDE UMU. YESSS.

The thing that annoys me about farming Nero Fest is that everything has just enough HP that I need to either trial and error to find the 3-4 turn clears, or else I can sit in front of a calculator for 30 minutes to figure out the right buff sequence. (I could also just not use 6 Cheers like a masochist, but where's the fun in that.)

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Considering the Ilya and Class rotation banners are about to end, I wonder what the next banner will be? Will it be the Gudaguda one?

Yes. Should be here in a few days or so.

Finally managed to complete the first set of exhibition quests. Now this is the nail biting tension I miss back when I was in Camelot. @Glaceon MageHuge thanks to you mate. Your Amakusa really pulled me through on that Nero CQ.

19 minutes ago, redlight said:

Yes. Should be here in a few days or so.

Finally managed to complete the first set of exhibition quests. Now this is the nail biting tension I miss back when I was in Camelot. @Glaceon MageHuge thanks to you mate. Your Amakusa really pulled me through on that Nero CQ.

Amakusa is like, the king of just noping gimmicks unless DW decides to be annoying and make the buffs unremovable (or put an Avenger).  It's great.  This honestly seems like the point of the Ruler class as a whole, or at least the SSRs sans Artoria (the SRs don't have the same noping powers).  Jeanne, Amakusa, Sherlock, and QSH all have kits that make them great for harder content but more eh elsewhere.

Anyway, you're welcome, glad it helped.

• Tesla has better team support with the skill buff. He has been missing that.
  • Enkidu has now one of the hardest hitting nps in the game.
  • Ishtar's np works better with her 1st skill.
  • No buffs to Amakusa, Jack, or  Parvati this time. I blame Skadi for that.