Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

12 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • Tesla has better team support with the skill buff. He has been missing that.
  • Enkidu has now one of the hardest hitting nps in the game.
  • Ishtar's np works better with her 1st skill.
  • No buffs to Amakusa, Jack, or  Parvati this time. I blame Skadi for that.

not one of the hardest. amongst all non conditional it outright hit THE hardest

also

>buffing Parvati

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me 3 attempts before I realized the Da Vinci fight has the enemies lose NP when you hit them rather than the other way around. (Aside from the ghost with the trap, of course.) Yeah, the icon is blue, meaning it's a debuff rather than a buff, but the way it's worded made me think it's the attacker that loses NP gauge.

*shrug*

Pretty simple tank and spank after that, got to play around with Summer Nero as my DPS, which was nice. (Especially the part where she can do tons of damage even after I kill Da Vinci, since she has 80% Atk Up to counteract the 100% Defense Up that Da Vinci gives everyone.)

Huh... so apparently King Hassan was supposed to only use the taunt thing on the leftmost servant. Didn't know that. Edit: Because he taunts everyone in US.

I just grabbed a Waver + Medea Lily + Iri stall team to out last his 20 stacks of damage reduction, and had 2 MLB damage CE casters in the back line. Used a command seal for an Iri NP near the end, which was probably unneeded since there were only like 5 stacks left at that point, but I used a lot of time on the CQ due to the fact that I was abusing reloads to shift RNG around to make sure everyone survives KH's regular hits, so I wanted to be safe than sorry.

Double Edit: It's kind of silly how easy the finale is compared to King Hassan. Just throw an AoE DPS (I used Summer Nero) at the problem and everything explodes. Only took 11 turns, and on the first try at that. : /

Edited by DehNutCase

Finally, I got every CQ except for the final one (I'll do that one tomorrow). 

The re-run quests were easy in general, although I had some trouble with the Shishou/Cu one because evade spam is annoying as hell. Special shoutout to Gil and Sumanai for being super pathetic and falling against Tamalancer and support Sherlock, respectively. 

For the new ones:

Spartacus: Very easy. Euryale just one shots him so there was nothing to fear. 

Suzuka: Her gimmick scared me at first but it wasn't that bad after giving it a serious try. Kuro and Carmilla were able to dispose of her easily.

Arash: Iri tanking, that's it. 

Karna/Arjuna: Took 2 tries because Arjuna insta killed everyone the first time. That aside it was ok, Punch Saint really does a number to those two. 

Da Vinci: I was kinda worried when I read about tons of people having quite a bit of trouble with her. For me it was the second easiest of the bunch after Spartacus, then again I guess many went wtih dmg rushing strategies while I used BB/Jeanne/Support Merlin. It took like 40 turns which isn't that bad for a stall comp. 

Gramps: Yeah...screw that one! I had to save scum like 20 times because insta death isn't the only threat here, Gramp's crits are just as disgusting as random kills. He took like 10k Hp from Jeanne in one hit, holy hell! I read a lot about needing full whale comps like Merlin/Tamamo/Iri/Caster DPS which got me extra scared as I don't have any of the big 4 Casters but I managed with Iri/Support Merlin/Jeanne/Mash/BB/Sanzang which, admittedly ,isn't a f2p comp but still. The Merlin was NP2 as is Jeanne (guess the reason she came to me again was exactly to help me with this and I'm super grateful to her for it) and that little extra healing/def really came in handy. Regardless, this one took almost 50 turns of stalling only to end it with 2 Sanzang NPs. Never again.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Finally, I got every CQ except for the final one (I'll do that one tomorrow). 

The re-run quests were easy in general, although I had some trouble with the Shishou/Cu one because evade spam is annoying as hell. Special shoutout to Gil and Sumanai for being super pathetic and falling against Tamalancer and support Sherlock, respectively. 

For the new ones:

Spartacus: Very easy. Euryale just one shots him so there was nothing to fear. 

Suzuka: Her gimmick scared me at first but it wasn't that bad after giving it a serious try. Kuro and Carmilla were able to dispose of her easily.

Arash: Iri tanking, that's it. 

Karna/Arjuna: Took 2 tries because Arjuna insta killed everyone the first time. That aside it was ok, Punch Saint really does a number to those two. 

Da Vinci: I was kinda worried when I read about tons of people having quite a bit of trouble with her. For me it was the second easiest of the bunch after Spartacus, then again I guess many went wtih dmg rushing strategies while I used BB/Jeanne/Support Merlin. It took like 40 turns which isn't that bad for a stall comp. 

Gramps: Yeah...screw that one! I had to save scum like 20 times because insta death isn't the only threat here, Gramp's crits are just as disgusting as random kills. He took like 10k Hp from Jeanne in one hit, holy hell! I read a lot about needing full whale comps like Merlin/Tamamo/Iri/Caster DPS which got me extra scared as I don't have any of the big 4 Casters but I managed with Iri/Support Merlin/Jeanne/Mash/BB/Sanzang which, admittedly ,isn't a f2p comp but still. The Merlin was NP2 as is Jeanne (guess the reason she came to me again was exactly to help me with this and I'm super grateful to her for it) and that little extra healing/def really came in handy. Regardless, this one took almost 50 turns of stalling only to end it with 2 Sanzang NPs. Never again.

The go to composition for KH basically is "Iri, someone to enable Iri + support" so your team get things down. Honestly while its often said you need caster dps, Heracles is pretty common by now and hes ridiculously strong so just user Herc

The King Hassan quest is my bane. If this was the intended version of the quest, why is it so cheap? King Hassan chance instant killing, high attack, and high crit rate are scary. I completed all the other ones minus Da Vinci, but this is on a whole other level.

Mind that despite the fact he spams his own taunts on your team, people with taunt are still pretty reliable at tanking hits. (1/3 chance to get targeted by the random taunt, like 30% or so chance of KH using a skill rather than attacking, which gives his mooks a chance to 'waste' the taunt, and then 50/50 to hit the person with their own taunt rather than the one KH targeted anyway.) This means that it's actually decently consistent to stall for the ~15 turns or so you need for him to get into OHKO range if you run a bunch of taunt people with guts---remember that you should have a ton of guts CEs from earlier events.

I didn't bother with that since I'm fine with restarting the app when he procs the 5% instant death, and his regular damage even with crits isn't enough to beat down the sheer bulkiness of a triple caster front line, especially when two of them were healers. (Iri + Medea Lily.)

Edit: TFW when you end up using all 3 command seals for the un-nerfed finale. (Used one during a test run to check how fast Summer Nero can run through the lineup---not fast enough, due to the huge ass Rider and Ruler speed bumps---and then used the other 2 for my 'real' run. Honestly I liked the CQ a lot, main issue is that it comes so late in the event that you have only 2 attempts where you have all 3 command seals, since the event's ending soon.)

Edited by DehNutCase

BB with Merlin and a support Jeanne manhandled the Prototype Finale. No CS.

Just ignore Altria and Medea and kill everyone else. Sure you have to go through 20 stacks of Guts at the end, but by that point the fight is already won.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Debating between farming like crazy and holding onto the petals so I have a bunch of petals to exchange for boxes once the Merlin banner hits (for the exp rate up) or just using them as they come like I've been doing so I don't go crazy. Also want to spend my FP rolling for CEs since it's an exp rate up, but, again, don't want to go crazy.

Caster Gil is on the Christmas banner with Medusa Lily & Ereshkigal, so I'm probably not going to ticket for him or Lily. Meaning it's mostly between a bunch of farming options: NP2 Liz for archer nodes, NP 1 Nito (which, unfortunately, will rely on her death rate rather than her damage, which isn't too high), or, I don't know, NP4 Helena and pray she gets a strengthening eventually?

*shrug*

I could also go for people like Herc, Fionn, or d'Eon for CQ stuff, but my box is pretty stacked already, and I basically never actually use Herc or Taunters (who aren't named Mash) anyway.

I’m just gonna go Medea Lily because her rate ups are basically nonexistent and she deserves headpats.

@Jingle Jangle Definitely go for one of the story locks. Penth is relatively common in comparison in terms of availability. Unless you completely lack an effective farming lancer, I’d lean on Gorgon especially considering how you don’t have many options for that class.

My decision to pick Rama was made ages ago.  I wanted him when he released but Iskandar was around the corner then so I had to refrain, and most of his banners kinda suck for wanting a specific 4*.  He didn't get a solo rate up ever until LB4 prerelease.

I’m gonna pick Casgil, and yes he has a rate up in Christmas, but between Merlin this week and Achilles next year, I gotta save my SQ.

Speaking of Casgil, he seems to be the most popular recommendation alongside Lalter when people ask what 4* they should pick.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I’m gonna pick Casgil, and yes he has a rate up in Christmas, but between Merlin this week and Achilles next year, I gotta save my SQ.

Speaking of Casgil, he seems to be the most popular recommendation alongside Lalter when people ask what 4* they should pick.

This pool competition is pretty meh in general and they were some of the best of the current pool

Personally i feel in long term, Lancelot is the best overall pick(Zerk Lot) due to AOE Zerk being an undying role in some ways and possibility to scale with Skadi

After that its followed by CasGil, Fionn, Helena, Penth, Saberlot, and Li Shuwen

Lancer Alter is a good unit, but she's pretty overrated

Also some hot takes, at some level i honestly feel its better to take NP2 option than NP1.

9 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I'm torn between Suzuka and Wu. Wu offers more in terms of gameplay (she's pretty awesome with MHXA) but JK fox is super enticing character wise.

When torn between gameplay and waifu, always choose waifu.

Ended up farming slightly more than 155 boxes, if I did my math right. Used most of the exp already, but I still have 50 boxes unopened for the exp rate up. For the first time since Fuyuki or thereabouts, I have more servants at level cap than servants at silver Fou cap. (Didn't grab the 40 Fou from the event shop, however---farming petals were a bigger priority despite that.)

Probably have more than enough exp cards to get all my 3* and above servants to level cap, and quite a few bronze as well. (Gonna leave Angra and Bunyan level 1 for reasons, though. Angra for memes---tempted to make a level 100 Angra without any Fou just so he keeps the silver stat text, once I have a ton of grails to spare---Bunyan because she's really good at being a level 1 buffer who's supposed to bite it ASAP during a fight. I'll level cap the one from the re-run, though.)

Hopefully my ~1.5 million FP doesn't break my mind as I use them for CE levels.

YES! YES! I MANAGED TO GET MERLIN!

It took about 350 Quartz, but I have him now. I also got Salter, Lalter and Astolfo on the process!

The only reason I’m not putting him in my support list is because I don’t have enough materials to 10/10/10 him, he’s only 7/7/7 now.

Decided to spend my stash on Merlin because why not, especially since I'm not actively playing FGO anymore. (Didn't participate in Dead Heat Summer Race or Nerofest.)

So, about 130 Quartz and 30 Tickets got me...
- 4* Herc (Now NP 3)
- 4* Saber Alter (Most hype, and she showed up right after I jokingly asked where Saber Alter was.)
- Kaleidoscope (Now I have 2 Kaleidoscopes)
- Before Awakening (Now LB 1)
- The Black Grail (Now LB 3)
- Devilish Bodhisattva (Now LB 1)

FGO is still good as I want to enjoy the game for its story and characters, but the time-limited stuff is starting to put me off of playing. This is especially the case when I have other games to play that take priority over FGO. Grinding out lottos and events is fine when I have nothing else better to do and am watching/listening to Youtube at the same time, but otherwise playing other games is more enjoyable.

After Nerofest I got 75 boxes with leveled up tons of skills and servants. Sadly I was unable to complete the Hassan, prototype, and Da Vinci challenge quest. Too much for me even with command seals. Tried to summon for Merlin with 60 sq, only highlight being a copy of Devilish Bodhisattva. Planning to use my 4* ticket on Gorgon, she seems interesting to use.

Did 168 boxes on Nerofest and managed to max ascend most of my 3* and 4* (only 4* left unascended was mat gated, same for some 3*, Christmas Lotto and its Babies and seeds can't come sooner)

Also got Kiara and Lartoria to 10/10/10, leaving Enkidu (10/8/10) and Altera (6/4/6) as my only 5* not 10/10/10... and frankly, I don't care about the latter. Just need babies for the former.

Things still in need of max ascend, out of fangs, horseshoes, seeds, and babies:

Saber - Artoria Lily, Fergus

Lancer - Leonidas, Benkei

Archer - Robin Hood

Rider - Boudica, Teach, George

Caster - Geronimo, Paracelsus, Mephisto, Shakespeare

Assassin - Phantom, Cursed Arm, Mata Hari

Berserker - Asterios, Darius, Lu Bu, Bloodaxe, Caligula, Spartacus

I guess I'm farming Horseshoes now since next lotto has babies/seeds

On 9/10/2019 at 11:13 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

For the ticket, I'm undecided between Pent, Gorgon, and Lancer Alter. I don't know which one will pay off better in the long run.

Just my two cents, for purely gameplay reasons, I'd narrow your choices down to either Penthesilea or Lancer Alter. Gorgon isn't bad, per se, but not only does she suffer from low star absorb rate (which was somewhat amended with the buff she just got on JP), she's already in a quite niche class that has better options (Lobo for one; single-target is much more valuable due to never needing AoE damage against Rulers). If she's waifu you should pick her for sure, but otherwise I would definitely recommend Penth or Lalter based on your own needs. Considering I got super lucky with Nitocris on the Caster banner, I'm debating between picking NP2 or Lalter myself (though I'll be rolling for Parvati afterwards, which means overlap in the Lancer class with Karna and Kiyohime already...). Hope I helped you narrow it down somewhat!