Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I've actually taken advantage of half QP and relative downtime in my study (which couldn't have happened during Nero Fest...) to farm the heck out of half AP Doors. Besides 20 or so Pages and a few Caster Gems, I have everything I need to max the Servants I want to at this point in time. It's just the few hundred million QP that I'm missing.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just say all bronze mats are hell?  DW just loves to inflate the amount needed to a crazy degree then only put 30 in event shops when they're present!  There should be at least 60, and even that feels like not enough.

Currently, I'm in Fang hell on NA and Proof and Stinger hell in JP... well, Gilfest will alleviate the proofs a bit, thankfully.  But Lanling and Moriarty are really hungry for them stingers... Stingers...

I think DW is under the assumption that just because they’re bronze mats, they’re easy to get.

Although to be fair, it wouldn’t be so bad if there were easier ways to restore AP or if free quests costed less. I feel like a big flaw of this game is how AP is managed, but I guess it comes with being an old gacha game.

and I reached a weird point with my FGO account... I pretty much maxed / lvled skills of everyone I give a damn about. Now only waiting to grab Penth and Old sitting master then be done with FGO until 3rd annie!

It is a weird feeling

btw - 1018 proofs / 850 dusts / 730 chains / 200 bones and a bit over 100 fangs. The worst part? I know if something new fancies me I`ll be out of fangs in a blink

That was painful, all day grinding QP and bones but it's done now:

ka8xXZd.png

Max grailed, max skilled JK fox. The only thing left is to pray to RNGesus to get her to NP5 one day (most likely when the CCC rerun arrives because I'll absolutely keep trying to get Melt).

EDIT: Forgot getting her to max Fou. That's a WIP as it takes extremely long to get those things.

Edited by Alexmender

Well, that's interesting. I don't know if it's always been that way, but if you have an invul and a hit based evasion buff up at the same time you won't lose evasion stacks until you run out of invul. Mostly relevant for Ishtar Rider (basically gives her a 2 hit protection from arrows), but CE + one of the hit based dodge\invulnerable people can also take advantage. It explains why people like Volumen Hydrargyrum on Cu's, I guess.

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Well, that's interesting. I don't know if it's always been that way, but if you have an invul and a hit based evasion buff up at the same time you won't lose evasion stacks until you run out of invul. Mostly relevant for Ishtar Rider (basically gives her a 2 hit protection from arrows), but CE + one of the hit based dodge\invulnerable people can also take advantage. It explains why people like Volumen Hydrargyrum on Cu's, I guess.

Yeah consequently it also makes them better than say Melty Sweetheart since mechanically speaking they seem to consider dodge and evasion as "the attack actually hits the damage is nulified" so it ate stack of Melty

Why does the second Kuji node suck so much 😞

Seriously, the first one I managed to grind 52 boxes out of before I left on a weekend trip on Thursday, because it was so easy to three turn...

Meanwhile this one I just can't find a good setup.  Sabers so I can't bring Fionn, NP2 Atalanta can't oneshot the last wave, second wave has only two enemies, and a Jeanne in the last round as icing on the cake... and my only trained  AoE Berserker on JP is a NP1 Lancelot.  And I lack Skadi/Merlin/Waver/Reines/Helena of my own.  I have Lanling, but Stingers so his second is only level 8.  

This honestly just killed all the motivation I had to grind this event.  I want the caster node back.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Why does the second Kuji node suck so much 😞

Seriously, the first one I managed to grind 52 boxes out of before I left on a weekend trip on Thursday, because it was so easy to three turn...

Meanwhile this one I just can't find a good setup.  Sabers so I can't bring Fionn, NP2 Atalanta can't oneshot the last wave, second wave has only two enemies, and a Jeanne in the last round as icing on the cake... and my only trained  AoE Berserker on JP is a NP1 Lancelot.  And I lack Skadi/Merlin/Waver/Reines/Helena of my own.  I have Lanling, but Stingers so his second is only level 8.  

This honestly just killed all the motivation I had to grind this event.  I want the caster node back.

its the reverse for me

I loathed the first node

Then this node appeared and now im on grinding overdrive. The fact that they improved the droprate is also neat

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

its the reverse for me

I loathed the first node

Then this node appeared and now im on grinding overdrive. The fact that they improved the droprate is also neat

Mind explaining why the first node gave trouble?  I was able to 3 turn it pretty easy with Sieg (MLB Imaginary Element), NP2 Achilles (Kscope), support Skadi and the Mage association uniform.  Casters give extra NP when hit so it was pretty easy to get enough to get the Achilles to NP twice in a row for the last two waves.

Edit: Thinking about it, anyone with a Waver (or Skadi of their own) would be able to use him to substitute any quick Rider for the Achilles if the plugsuit replaces Mage association uniform.  Astolfo should work in place of Achilles even without the Waver.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Looks like there’s quite the glitch in the NA version, with one of the Halloween’s CQ not working. People won’t be able to NP5 Brave Eli so they have to fix it, but it’s almost a full day since it appeared. I wonder what’s taking them so long.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Looks like there’s quite the glitch in the NA version, with one of the Halloween’s CQ not working. People won’t be able to NP5 Brave Eli so they have to fix it, but it’s almost a full day since it appeared. I wonder what’s taking them so long.

It's either because they have to wait for the JP devs to be in office (and today is a holiday in Japan), or because the bug is elusive.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

It's either because they have to wait for the JP devs to be in office (and today is a holiday in Japan), or because the bug is elusive.

I think it’s the holiday thing.

Glitches means apology SQ and free apology SQ means talking to Japan about it. Considering it’s a holiday there, the JP server probably didn’t answer.

That being said, it’s currently the 24th in Japan, so hopefully they’ll answer NA for now.

7 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Mind explaining why the first node gave trouble?  I was able to 3 turn it pretty easy with Sieg (MLB Imaginary Element), NP2 Achilles (Kscope), support Skadi and the Mage association uniform.  Casters give extra NP when hit so it was pretty easy to get enough to get the Achilles to NP twice in a row for the last two waves.

Edit: Thinking about it, anyone with a Waver (or Skadi of their own) would be able to use him to substitute any quick Rider for the Achilles if the plugsuit replaces Mage association uniform.  Astolfo should work in place of Achilles even without the Waver.

Surprisingly heavy thereshold and long animation. I generally dislike 3tk if they involves using a lot of NP and the version i used (NP5 level 100 Da Vinci Waver and +1) not only use several NPs it also have consistency issue since Dave can fail the kill against last wave

In contrast i have a full drop node that 4TK 90% of the time for this new one and the fact that it drops more lotto currency than the first is a nice extra

I probably spent a whole hour trying to get past that party formation thing if you count up the time I spent changing party members and the time I spent looking up the problem in the 'Issues' news section & on reddit. At least they marked it as an Issue now, so it'll probably be patched soon.

It's just a re-run for me since I already have NP5 Brave Liz, so I don't mind the problem too much, fortunately. In the worst case I miss 5 boxes worth of gems + a Lore, which is pretty whatever. (Sucks to be a newcomer though.)

I have a serious lack of variety in Friend Support options on JP (mostly due to the fact my Servants are still pretty weak and I definitely don't play it as much as I could), but this lotto event is too good to pass up and honestly the 5-turn clears aren't so bad using a friend's Berserker Arjuna and my own Summer Jeanne; 19 boxes in at the moment! The simple fact that I can even start skilling my Servants with the Gems makes this amazing. Just wish I had my own NP charge Servants so I don't have to keep clicking everyone's buffs and beat-sticking the last wave.

On the flip side, I've barely done any of the Halloween re-run event on NA and honestly have almost zero motivation to. My NP5 Liz is still level 1 from last year, I have all of her Ascension mats and the shop has nothing that I'm in need of for the Servants that I'm focusing on now and in the future. It just feels like a waste of time in comparison to the lotto event.

Me: Finally!  This Saber node I can't three turn is over!  What did it change to?  I hope it's Archers, I can three turn an Archer node easi--

Sees that it's Sabers again

Me: 😕

Well, I guess that sucks.  Curse you trip for making me miss so much of the node I could actually three turn.

No idea why they kept the same class for the third round, but at least Ruler Jeanne is gone from the final wave and Summer Jeanne can actually one-shot it with her NP! The ghosts with their NP drain is beyond annoying though... 😶