Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Parvati banner and new Interludes where announced for NA.

I’m wondering if I should pull for her, at least for gameplay reasons considering how good she is.

She's a permanent SR, just hope she spooks you or something.  The only real reason to actually pull for her is if Sakura is your waifu, imo.  The game is easy enough that pulling for gameplay isn't really worth it outside of like... Waver/Tamamo/Merlin/Skadi.

14 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Parvati banner and new Interludes where announced for NA.

I’m wondering if I should pull for her, at least for gameplay reasons considering how good she is.

Parvati is one of the best point servants for Quick after Dantes. Yes, second only to Dantes.

She is an easy skip if you aren't rolling for Skadi, but if you are there is no reason not to.

Really if were being mega optimal the full list of must roll is like Skadi Waver Merlin Tamamo Nero Bride Dave Lilly(arguable atm) Dantes and the Lostbelt King with the priority being Big 4 > Lostbelt Monarch > Dave Lilly and friends

....The joke her Parvati is a Lostbelt Monarch in all but name

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

She's such a waifu that she came in my first (and only cause RiP Quartz after summer) 30 roll! Astolfo appearing in the first summon was super scary, but I'm over the moon at how lucky I was to get her without needing to spend any money. Now begins the save for Summer 3...

10 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Shimousa has finally been announced.

I heard it’s rather hard, with Musashi being forced in battles. I’m kinda excited to see it though!

theres exactly 1-2 a bit restrictive fight and 1 actually hard fight in the entirety of Shimosa. I heard Tajima the god fight is considered hard but that one's a joke when i did it

Honestly its..... ok. The hardest fight is harder than Salem later down the line but it wasn't close to the hardest offered by LB

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I basically stopped playing FGO as all I do is just log in for the bonuses. Other things have been taking priority as of late.

However, I heard the Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II finished airing. If anyone seen it yet, how was it? I think I only watched "Episode 0" or something to that effect. I want to get around to seeing it, but am wondering what the opinions are on it.

Also apparently the Babylon anime is airing now too...

Edited by Sire

42 minutes ago, Sire said:

I basically stopped playing FGO as all I do is just log in for the bonuses. Other things have been taking priority as of late.

However, I heard the Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II finished airing. If anyone seen it yet, how was it? I think I only watched "Episode 0" or something to that effect. I want to get around to seeing it, but am wondering what the opinions are on it.

Also apparently the Babylon anime is airing now too...

I think it's a good Fate anime, mixture of awesome fighting scenes and good dialogue. 

As for Babylon, maybe because I already know how the story is, 1st episode feels kinda slow pace to me. The animation is nice to see, especially Mash fighting scene.   

Well, that was annoying. My Android 4 installation of Nox is crying because of it being incompatible with FGO now.

Fortunately all it took to get me in was installing an Android 7 instance, even if I was quite a bit worried about being locked out for weeks~months while I wait for Nox to update + install FGO again. Bit annoying that I had to get another bind code, but turns out the copy button lets me paste to my computer, so that's cool. (Pretty neat that the Nox devs got that working.)

Edit: Not gonna be able to play through the story in a midnight binge like usual, though, gonna be busy as hell for the foreseeable future. : (

Edited by DehNutCase

22 hours ago, Sire said:

If you do enjoy Waver as a character or are just interested in his development after Fate/Zero it's very much worth a look.
Though the main plot line is a bit of a mess. I still find it odd they skipped the first book entirely despite it being Luvia's introduction.

10 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Odd that there isn't a twitter campaign, PV/NP videos, no sq from the release or download milestone. NA can be really stingy with rewards at times.

Well at least there is now a retweet/like campaign (don't bother reading the comments though).

NA getting less SQ has been a thing since time immemorial. This year we miss some retweet campaigns (like the one with the 7M download campaign) and other small stuff like stage play or stream events. Can't exactly give out stuff without reason though I wish NA would put more effort in to somehow hand out those rewards. I can't possibly pull for King Hassan anymore because we lost way too much free SQ this year.

That being said some people expect we should get the same amount of maintenance SQ.

-------

For some more positive news (read: how I make people salty😞

I got Musashi with 5 10-rolls. Hell yeah.
Now to cry bitter tears when I don't get NP2 Tomoe with my 300 SQ tomorrow.

Also the game doesn't approve of me getting her. She only passed 1st Ascension. Why? I have enough EXP and mats to make her fully ascended with 10/10/10 skills.
Gated. By. Saber Pieces. Not Monuments but Pieces.

Btw. relevant:

Spoiler

350?cb=20180428122544

Edited by Shiki

2 hours ago, Shiki said:

If you do enjoy Waver as a character or are just interested in his development after Fate/Zero it's very much worth a look.
Though the main plot line is a bit of a mess. I still find it odd they skipped the first book entirely despite it being Luvia's introduction.

Well at least there is now a retweet/like campaign (don't bother reading the comments though).

NA getting less SQ has been a thing since time immemorial. This year we miss some retweet campaigns (like the one with the 7M download campaign) and other small stuff like stage play or stream events. Can't exactly give out stuff without reason though I wish NA would put more effort in to somehow hand out those rewards. I can't possibly pull for King Hassan anymore because we lost way too much free SQ this year.

That being said some people expect we should get the same amount of maintenance SQ.

-------

For some more positive news (read: how I make people salty😞

I got Musashi with 5 10-rolls. Hell yeah.
Now to cry bitter tears when I don't get NP2 Tomoe with my 300 SQ tomorrow.

Also the game doesn't approve of me getting her. She only passed 1st Ascension. Why? I have enough EXP and mats to make her fully ascended with 10/10/10 skills.

Btw. relevant:

Hide contents

350?cb=20180428122544

Just wait for Da Vinci rerun and you'd die of pieces lulw

Shimousa's battle music is pretty dope, shame it's on such a short loop, though.

Gameplay wise: It's pretty interesting how the enemies with NP seals try to NP seal someone with 80% or higher NP gauge as much as possible. It makes the fights a lot easier than they'd otherwise be since they're wasting an action on something that does no damage.

Part of this is because I'm running an all Knight Class + story support lineup, though, meaning I don't have any meaningful defense buffs. (Archuria hit bond 10 already, and even Bride and her single target defense up is getting close.) Getting killed from full in 3 actions is actually very possible, so it's nice that they waste one every turn.

Edited by DehNutCase

After a long fight with Nox (stupid anti emu measures and me too for forgetting the password for my bind code, I had to do a ton of not nice stuff to get everything back in order) I finally managed to start Shimousa and yeah...it gets stupid fast. NPC Musashi is cool and all but she became a burden against the first boss, which is a lancer I'm already dreading the archer fight. I guess she could do tons of damage with a Merlin or Waver support, but I have neither of them and ended up resorting to plugsuit shenanigans to take her out of battle and bring another Saber to fight Lancer of Purgatorio. 

I was very pissed when he spooked me during the New years banner, but Saberlot just proved how valuable he is here. It really helps that he doesn't depend on having buff bots like many other servants do which makes him soo good for stuff where you can't bring your friend's Merlin/Waver/Herc, and his squishiness can be easily covered by Jeanne which frees him to just focus critting the boss to death.

...God dammit. First time I see the two Hells and their 2 hp bars each I noped out of there and went back in with a min-maxed team and the fight's like, 'Just Kidding Bro, we didn't mean to make you use a team that can do 500k damage per turn for 4 turns in a row.'

They bloody skipped out on me after the first bar broke, R.I.P. bond points, R.I.P. AP.

Edited by DehNutCase

That Saberlot spook story hurt me to my soul (only ended up with like seven copies of him when I tried to roll Nitocris on her Camelot banners), but he was a beast against Lancer of Purgatorio. That guy is just a whirlwind of death for the three turns he's got his buffs up.

13 hours ago, Shiki said:

This isn't as nonsensical as it sounds.  Since the best nodes for grinding events usually drop monuments but not pieces, most pieces you get will drop from grinding gems in dailies.  Which if you're grinding 40 AP will often drop monuments instead.  

Monuments are ironically the easier one to surplus on.

After much binge playing, I completed Shimousa, and I’d say it’s a pleasantly decent story being roughly the higher end of mid tier. (For those curious, my rankings, in descending order btw, would be something like:) 

Spoiler

Masterpiece tier: Babylonia, Shinjuku, Camelot 

Good tier: Solomon, Shimousa

Mid tier: France, Murica, Fuyuki

Meh tier: Okeanos, Septem (yes, I don’t find it completely godawful. Sue me)

Burn in the abyss tier: Agartha, London

Not sure why I bothered spoiling that considering there’s no actual spoilers but w/e. 

Basic non-spoiler positive stuff about the chapter was I very much enjoyed Musashi, who I feel mostly carried the narrative for better or worse, and found her adorkable mannerisms pretty charming. I also liked Fuuma Kotarou and Katou Danzo. Also Onui is a sweetheart, must be protecc. The music and art is quite good as well. A couple issues I have is that there is a LOT of cryptic monologuing (sometimes for exposition) and that kinda ruins the pace of the story at times. I also feel a bit alienated during moments that were clearly intended to be nods to their domestic audience, but that’s more of a minor quibble. As for more spoilerish stuff 

Spoiler

I’ll be honest, I didn’t really get much out of the new characters. Ishuun, Tomoe Gozen, and Mochizuki were gone as quickly as they were introduced and didn’t leave much time to leave an impression with Ishuun being moderately closer than the other two. Old Man Yagyu... meh. He didn’t really do much for me. Only Kato Danzo came through and that was mostly thanks to her actually having interactions with the cast (especially with Kotarou). When she ended up going kaboom, I daresay I got a bit misty-eyed. It’s a shame Muramasa isn’t playable to this day, since I really enjoyed his grumpy grandpa persona, even though it was kinda hard taking it seriously with him being in Shirou Emiya’s body. Then again, playing anything Fate related kinda requires you to have a fair amount of suspending your disbelief.

As for the veterans, I thought the idea of having a Amakusa Alter was cool (I mean he was more or less an alter without actually being one ala Gorgon). Kojiro FINALLY having a time in the spotlight was awesome, albeit brief. Kiyohime and Tamamo having minor roles was a nice touch, especially considering the former was actually sane for once. 

The battles can range from slightly tricky to completely brutal (fuck that noise with Shuten/Raikou, Yagyu, and Amakusa). It was definitely the most challenging overall EoR chapter so far.