Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/22/2019 at 5:26 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

Finally after 300 sq I finally got King Hassan on my birthday no less. Completed all of the boxes all going towards Tamamo. She desires bones, pages, and nuts like few others. Time to complete Shimousa before Salem rolls around.

Just a heads up in that there are some difficult boss fights in Shimousa. Some spoilers

Spoiler

Chiyome can be very annoying with her curse stacking and other debuff as well Mecha-Eli struggling in this fight. Now that you have Hassan you might have a good match-up against the Oni duo of Shuten and Raikou. David, Euryale and Robin are pretty important in the Yagyu boss fight. I guess you can throw in Billy for the final stretch because of one of Yagyu's break bar buffs at the end. The rest I cleared pretty easily 

My only issue with Nightingale is the hat. I've never been a fan of Christmas hats. Ephraim looked stupid and I''m not feeling it on Nightingale.
Nightingale might either be an Archer, Rider, Alter Ego or Foreigner. Too bad we aren't looking at possibly an Caster. There are silhouettes of bullets in the banner and she has an umbrella which people think is a gun.

JP peeps get it easy Chen Gong damage bonus this Christmas

Apparently there's a datamine for upcoming servants (seems to have come from the website's URLs). Spoilers

Spoiler

Saber Astolfo for Christmas.

Caenis and Odysseus part 1 LB banner. Caenis seems to be permanently added to the pool as a SSR and Odysseus seems to be the fuckboy from the teaser the tanned guy.

Zeus and Europa in part 2. Zeus most likely limited SSR and Europa story locked SR.

The tan dude no one has any info on. He seems to be a silver servant. As for his identity. There are 2 main theories. I think one was Theseus as he had a wooden club/sword and the other was a Israeli servant from David/Solomon's reign. The Israeli dude who he's supposed to be according to the theory was a general and royal guard for the royal family. There are accounts of him fighting with a wooden sword and one time used chains to bind the demon Asmodeus. Would be cool if his NP were the chains and it'd some kind of CC type of NP. Tan dude is apparently Odysseus. The datamined bond lines from the bronze servants made it look like Odysseus was this super serious keikaku type of guy that I thought suited the bandana dude's body language or maybe even the full-armored dude who eventually turned out to be Zeus. Tan guy I always thought was some friendly fighter guy that's all brawns and not so much brains.

The bandana dude from the website datamine is actually Orpheus. He might be a silver servant, but that's good as Orpheus is a type of character that based off his story you'd assume DW will make him into a support caster. Which is a huge plus for me since a support is good regardless of rarity compared to damage NPs which is tied to rarity as that sets the ceiling for stats.

EDIT:more info from the datamine

Yay. I got Amakusa with 14 tickets. CQs will be easier now. Guess I'll save my future tickets for Poster Girl when the next Okita banner comes up. @MrSmokestack  @JSND Alter Dragon BonerHow many Poster Girls is considered good enough? Should I try to aim for 4 or will 2 be plenty enough?

Edited by redlight

22 hours ago, redlight said:

Just a heads up in that there are some difficult boss fights in Shimousa. Some spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Chiyome can be very annoying with her curse stacking and other debuff as well Mecha-Eli struggling in this fight. Now that you have Hassan you might have a good match-up against the Oni duo of Shuten and Raikou. David, Euryale and Robin are pretty important in the Yagyu boss fight. I guess you can throw in Billy for the final stretch because of one of Yagyu's break bar buffs at the end. The rest I cleared pretty easily 

My only issue with Nightingale is the hat. I've never been a fan of Christmas hats. Ephraim looked stupid and I''m not feeling it on Nightingale.
Nightingale might either be an Archer, Rider, Alter Ego or Foreigner. Too bad we aren't looking at possibly an Caster. There are silhouettes of bullets in the banner and she has an umbrella which people think is a gun.

JP peeps get it easy Chen Gong damage bonus this Christmas

Apparently there's a datamine for upcoming servants (seems to have come from the website's URLs). Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Saber Astolfo for Christmas.

Caenis and Odysseus part 1 LB banner. Caenis seems to be permanently added to the pool as a SSR and Odysseus seems to be the fuckboy from the teaser.

Zeus and Europa in part 2. Zeus most likely limited SSR and Europa story locked SR.

The tan dude no one has any info on. He seems to be a silver servant. As for his identity. There are 2 main theories. I think one was Theseus as he had a wooden club/sword and the other was a Israeli servant from David/Solomon's reign. The Israeli dude who he's supposed to be according to the theory was a general and royal guard for the royal family. There are accounts of him fighting with a wooden sword and one time used chains to bind the demon Asmodeus. Would be cool if his NP were the chains and it'd some kind of CC type of NP.

Yay. I got Amakusa with 14 tickets. CQs will be easier now. Guess I'll save my future tickets for Poster Girl when the next Okita banner comes up. @MrSmokestack  @JSND Alter Dragon BonerHow many Poster Girls is considered good enough? Should I try to aim for 4 or will 2 be plenty enough?

Basically 1 is actually whats required for "most" min max god tier set up. This is because you use obviously 1 slot for DPS, 2 slot for support, and 1 slot for plugsuit fodder if your using Plug. WIth Chen Gong later on you can use 1 extra slot, so that leaves you with 2 working slot. 1 Uses GGPG 1 can be a lot of stuff but you sometimes want Anchor if your not confident with your team.

Because of that 2 is kinda the high end because of 2 support, 1 plug target, and 2 GGPG 1 DPS. If you want tol make your Plug target a GGPG then its possible to pick up 3

If your KRR, you get 3+ lol.

Depending on how you pick your unit namely whether or not you pick DPS from friend support or not, the amount is lessened.

So yeah basically 1 or 2, 3 if you want a little bit extra that never hurts, anymore after that and you become KRR

10 minutes ago, redlight said:

@JSND Alter Dragon BonerThanks. Guess I'll go for maybe 2 at most.

Seems like an image of the Christmas SSR and Nightingale's FA have leaked.

I took a look at that alleged leak and honestly I’m not completely buying it.

Spoiler

Nightingale seems legit enough after matching sources of her previous artwork, but Astolfo looks like he was edited in his Agartha sailor uniform. How come he’s not seen in an actual ascension stage or his FA art unlike Nightingale? That’s pretty suspicious if you ask me. Plus Astolfo being the SSR just doesn’t make any real sense. Why yet another paladin after Bradmante was released last year? Why put an Astolfo alt here when he makes far more sense to be added for the Apocrypha rerun? I’m getting some serious grinch vibes here, and this wouldn’t be the first time a supposed FGO peak turned out to be bogus such as what happened with this years summer event (some Chinese leaker said Scheherazade/Ereshkigal/Foreigner Lartoria was going to be the second half or something if you didn’t hear about it). At most I think half of it could be real, at least concerning Nightingale, while Astolfo is fake.

@redlight You only need 1 PG but you can shoot for 3 at most. You only get six slots on a team and one is taken by your damage-boosting CE.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Astolfo was the SSR. Saber Astolfo was a servant datamined over two years ago and we’re finally starting to see more and more of them. Jane was the most recent one.

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@redlight You only need 1 PG but you can shoot for 3 at most. You only get six slots on a team and one is taken by your damage-boosting CE.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Astolfo was the SSR. Saber Astolfo was a servant datamined over two years ago and we’re finally starting to see more and more of them. Jane was the most recent one.

Saber Astolfo after we just got Avenger Tohsakan Astolfo

Astolfo got as much alt as Eliwood in a full year in 2 months and we call this year of Eliwood smh

Small rant about Nightingale's leaked art

Spoiler

DW, you do not just make a cool servant and then have a really hawt FA with them in a different outfit. This especially when the servant is a welfare. Give us different skins for her goddamn it. I want the kewl and the hawt available to me at the same time

On 11/23/2019 at 12:04 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Astolfo got as much alt as Eliwood in a full year in 2 months and we call this year of Eliwood smh

A blonde man with wings isn't a flying Eliwood.

Can't wait for "late November" to just mean "November 30th". The most late November possible.

Edited by MrSmokestack

10 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

A blonde man with wings isn't a flying Eliwood.

Can't wait for "late November" to just mean "November 30th". The most late November possible.

Jokes on you Eliwood actually get 2 Eliwood named Alt this year so its still drue

You know whats also Drue? Blonde Man with Wing is a Flying Eliwood

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

The Sieg and Siegfried CE in the Saber Astolfo gacha is really cute... I might pull just a little bit for it.  

Though I do wonder why Sieg is buying a stuffed demon pillar.

Spoiler

3wVE02t.png

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I hope Nightingale will either be an AoE Archer or a support one. Zerkers that class change keep their ME Buster passive and those with a high rank in it like Nightingale have it relatively close to the rank it originally was if not the same. So probably double Buster in her deck would be my guess. I really want a support archer that's like Wanling, but it's really a pipe dream.

3 hours ago, redlight said:

Zerkers that class change keep their ME Buster passive

Kintoki says hi, as the original Berserker class change. 

Arguably, Vlad III counts too, though I know a lot of people count Vlad Extra as a separate character from Vlad Apocrypha.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Kintoki says hi, as the original Berserker class change. 

Arguably, Vlad III counts too, though I know a lot of people count Vlad Extra as a separate character from Vlad Apocrypha.

Ok then. For the most part. But is the same servant as in is he just changing outfits or being summoned under a different class? From what I understand the seasonals in the game are the servants we already have, just that because of plot reasons they change classes, but they're more or less the same. I know that he changed outfits in the Final Singularity so he's probably the same servant.

@YotsuMaboroshiReanalyzing what I said and I'm right. Madness Enhancement for servants who were originally Berserkers does carry on to their alts if it's just a seasonal. However there are rules that the devs have followed. It either diminishes or just stays the same (I'll take an L if people interpreted "relatively close to it's original rank" as "it will still exist no matter"). The thing with Kintoki is that his Madness Enhancement is a miserable E so him losing it makes sense because it was so weak that him changing classes caused it to disappear.

Edited by redlight

3 hours ago, redlight said:

Ok then. For the most part. But is the same servant as in is he just changing outfits or being summoned under a different class? From what I understand the seasonals in the game are the servants we already have, just that because of plot reasons they change classes, but they're more or less the same. I know that he changed outfits in the Final Singularity so he's probably the same servant.

@YotsuMaboroshiReanalyzing what I said and I'm right. Madness Enhancement for servants who were originally Berserkers does carry on to their alts if it's just a seasonal. However there are rules that the devs have followed. It either diminishes or just stays the same (I'll take an L if people interpreted "relatively close to it's original rank" as "it will still exist no matter"). The thing with Kintoki is that his Madness Enhancement is a miserable E so him losing it makes sense because it was so weak that him changing classes caused it to disappear.

Berserker Kintoki actually has a unique ME lorewise.  Most of the time he's sane, but taking damage has a chance to make him go berserk.  This is the reason his ME is relatively low, though the lore isn't really reflected in-game otherwise.  That said, as far as I know, everything in-game treats Rider and Berserker as the same individual, and the two show up interchangeably.  You and Rider Kintoki even recognize each other when we first see him in Onigashima, and Rider refers back to events that occurred during Rashomon, where Berserker was present.

Aside from which, Beowulf has E- ME, which does pretty much nothing in lore except make him a bit fiercer, so if they wanted Kintoki to keep his ME at a diminished level Rider could have had E- ME as well.

Edit:  I think it's likely she keeps her ME, but it's not really a rule that has to be followed.  You had to change your argument to 'seasonal class change' to try and avoid Kintoki, and I don't think that really works given the above, since his class change is basically the same as most seasonals.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

I'm surprised there isn't a damage modifier for Santa servants against evil aligned enemies in some way. You'd think punishing naughty children would've have already caught on by now

Edited by redlight

Almost time to start farming Stakes, although I doubt I'll be able to get 42 through natural regen before NA Christmas starts. (And even if I do get 42---and 30 more from the event shop---that's only enough for a single one of Eresh's skills, LUL.)

Edited by DehNutCase

4 hours ago, redlight said:

I wish I had the Infinity Gauntlet so that I could snap Apple users out of existence. We wouldn't have to wait for anyone that way

I didn't choose this life, I'm sorry.