Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, redlight said:

Time to convert then. Android numbah one

Nah dude

Oof, initial specs show Astolfo and Nightingale being pretty bad. They are poor loopers and no utility to show for it either.

At least the Saber Astolfo meme is dead though?

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nah dude

Oof, initial specs show Astolfo and Nightingale being pretty bad. They are poor loopers and no utility to show for it either.

At least the Saber Astolfo meme is dead though?

Done some random numberworks, Astolfo seems underrated. Nurse is pretty much "almost ridiculous" so i forgive her not being god tier shit though

I can see Nightingale being useful for boss fights and CQs if you don't have access to loops, but that's it really. They should've just made her with a support NP. Her skills are much befitting of a support unit.

I really hate how almost every servant needs to be a straight-up beatstick these days. Gives us more Lanling or something like Asterios

7 minutes ago, redlight said:

I can see Nightingale being useful for boss fights and CQs if you don't have access to loops, but that's it really. They should've just made her with a support NP. Her skills are much befitting of a support unit.

I really hate how almost every servant needs to be a straight-up beatstick these days. Gives us more Lanling or something like Asterios

Obviously though for event like this making a support NP is a no-no lol

Honestly i think smokes rating only applies if your very binary with your unit assessment.

Except Astolfo. He's only slightly wrong but still wrong. Astolfo is almost god tier you just have to use absolutely retarded strategy to make him work at top level

11 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Obviously though for event like this making a support NP is a no-no lol

Do you mean that as in the damage boost for event servants?

8 minutes ago, redlight said:

Do you mean that as in the damage boost for event servants?

The idea behind event servant is at many level you want them to contribute heavilly in the event they star in, so by this case for lotto event you want them to be either a really good casual farmer, or a really good general farmer. Nightingale is very much that, her casual farming capability is cream of the crop level on the tier of Heracles, Quertzride, Ishtar Rider, and Saberlot while her AOE Np is ridiculously strong making her very legit for people without better options(more common than you'd think) to plug and play in lottos

Of course because of that it kinda locks most event servant to be DPS, maybe even AOE, but to begin with DPS is where NP level scaling is apparent due to literal 33% power boost off NP2 that decays per higher Np level. Theres only like 2 servant in the game whose support NP scales heavilly with level, Lanlin and Merlin

Of course DW is kinda retarded sometimes doing this since for example Liz Mecha would be so good during the duration of Halloween 2 except shes alvailable like super late, or how Kaioken Shuten is completely ridiculous in the Raids but you only get to see HOW during rerun.

3 hours ago, redlight said:

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly i think smokes rating only applies if your very binary with your unit assessment.

Except Astolfo

Yeah, that was me being very blunt.

I just recently got access to one of the best farming teams in the game--Space Ishtar NP2, Waver and double Skadi. This team obsoletes the need for any other AOE NP5 Beatsticks when farming. For me, Nightingale would have to be good in a support role for me to use her. Really disappointed with how she turned out since I can't run a team where she is anything but suboptimal.

Need to boost your damage? Chiron and Santa Altera are better.

Need debuff clear or some other form of survival? Medea Lily, Asclepius, and even Martha are all better. And no I don't care that buff removal res is a bad effect.

The emphasis on offensive buff removal is questionable. Really, make her debuff clear the standard or let her remove defensive buffs and she becomes significantly better. 

Looks like I was too harsh on Astolfo though. His neutral damage is really good and he can triloop with BG start too. The real question is how he compares to Kama.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah, that was me being very blunt.

I just recently got access to one of the best farming teams in the game--Space Ishtar NP2, Waver and double Skadi. This team obsoletes the need for any other AOE NP5 Beatsticks when farming. For me, Nightingale would have to be good in a support role for me to use her. Really disappointed with how she turned out since I can't run a team where she is anything but suboptimal.

Need to boost your damage? Chiron and Santa Altera are better.

Need debuff clear or some other form of survival? Medea Lily, Asclepius, and even Martha are all better. And no I don't care that buff removal res is a bad effect.

The emphasis on offensive buff removal is questionable. Really, make her debuff clear the standard or let her remove defensive buffs and she becomes significantly better. 

Looks like I was too harsh on Astolfo though. His neutral damage is really good and he can triloop with BG start too. The real question is how he compares to Kama.

Astolfo feels weird since if you didnt use brainfuck strats hes definitely not going to be all that good. Its just that if you do use that strats(and if it works) that he went from tier 3(high damage looper expected to double NP loop with good enough extras) to like tier 0(consistency rivalling Kintoki and Kama while having higher damage) immediately

I dont think any servant in the game have as crazy of a performance disparity as Astolfo outside and inside his optimal condition

i should be able to finish my bronze by tommorow if i get the motivation so keep your eyes on my Waver(JP) if you need it

EIther way tried out Nightingale and i really wonder how the fuck people think shes better in her area than Astolfo. Shes pretty good in the way Ishtar Rider is good, but Astolfo is actually a genuine top tier servant with a lot of good stuff - including everyone's FAVORITE meme

"Not self sufficient"

Yeah do say that on what is arguably one of the better solo servant in the game. The CE from this event actually is so good tho lmao

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

i should be able to finish my bronze by tommorow if i get the motivation so keep your eyes on my Waver(JP) if you need it

If your Waver buffs Quick cards, then I'll spam your support.

Planning on Waver DSS with Space Ishtar for lotto farming--the usual. Just missing the two lotto CEs from shop.

EIther way tried out Nightingale and i really wonder how the fuck people think shes better in her area than Astolfo. Shes pretty good in the way Ishtar Rider is good, but Astolfo is actually a genuine top tier servant with a lot of good stuff - including everyone's FAVORITE meme

Because people are allergic to servants that need any level of investment beyond skills and ascension. They're not directly comparable due to having different roles. However, I would agree when you say Astolfo is overall better.

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

If your Waver buffs Quick cards, then I'll spam your support.

Planning on Waver DSS with Space Ishtar for lotto farming--the usual. Just missing the two lotto CEs from shop.

Because people are allergic to servants that need any level of investment beyond skills and ascension. They're not directly comparable due to having different roles. However, I would agree when you say Astolfo is overall better.

My Waver buff Buster Card if i put Bond CE on it does that count

I am really bad at playing gacha games recently. In my defense I was going to wait a bit to grind this event anyways because the drop number for these band aids seems really bad, I dunno if it's better now that the better quests are out.

17 minutes ago, Caster said:

I am really bad at playing gacha games recently. In my defense I was going to wait a bit to grind this event anyways because the drop number for these band aids seems really bad, I dunno if it's better now that the better quests are out.

It is bad yeah, i think its better to clear shop atm

36 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm gonna take this event nice and chill. Almost done with my second box on AP regen. Once all the nodes open I'll grab the bare minimum from shop and use the remaining apples on lotto.

are you even aiming for a lot of box atm? My account lacking Golds, mats, and having too much QP + only 69 apple made it hard to go ham so i think ill downsize my grind this time

Also why is your discord off for the past week lol

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

15 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

are you even aiming for a lot of box atm? My account lacking Golds, mats, and having too much QP + only 69 apple made it hard to go ham so i think ill downsize my grind this time

I'll start grinding in earnest once the final node opens. I want to use all of my apples on lotto.

15 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also why is your discord off for the past week lol

I'm not going to talk about it.

The Salem half levels thing is pretty interesting, but they really should also half stats from Fou and CE in order for the story supports to be something other than jokes. (Caster Nero has basically double the Atk of the supports, sitting at ~10k vs. their 5k or so.)

Also, I have no idea who thought the plot of 'sit in a house and do nothing' was a good idea for a story where you're supposed to pretend to be the main character.

Edited by DehNutCase

Finished Salem, and I must say this might dethrone Shinjuku for my favorite of the EoR chapters. It’s such an eerie and atmospheric story with arguably the highest stakes, and the dialogue didn’t bore me at times compared to Shimosa (anyone miss having to awkwardly cut to old man Musashi with his rambling monologues in a cave cause why not?). Battles on the other hand were on the easier side, but after dealing with Shimosa’s bs I was fine with less stressful battles. 

If I had to rank all of them, it’d be Salem/Shinjuku>Shimosa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Agartha. I don’t count CCC but if I had to include it, it’d be in between Shimosa and that loooooong gap from Agartha. It was fine I guess, but I never got the fuss of it. 

In terms of more spoilery stuff

Spoiler

One of the best parts of Salem is the servant cast, and I think this might be the one case of me liking all of them. Even Nezha, who probably had the least depth of the group, was charming enough in her own right. Also thank God Mata Hari actually got to do something for once, it was rather disappointing that despite being one of the launch servants she was completely snubbed from the first arc. She really shone here too, as did Circe, Robin, and Sanson. Abby also deserves all the headpats.

The story feels a bit expositiony at first, especially with how long that prologue is, but it picks up soon after with a vengeance. The play parts were enjoyable, with the sillier ones not feeling out of place due to the nature of most plays out there. Also damn, that tension! It was quite nerve wracking considering your parties goal was to... well, not get lynched, and you fail about three times. Granted, two out of those three times there was a bit of deus ex machina involved but they some of the more believable cases of it compared to Agartha and Shinjuku. By the way, fuck Hopkins. Never have I gave a greater silent cheer for a characters death in this game. It’s pretty hard not to hate his guts. The twists with Carter (both his identity as the god pillar and as Lovecraft... I think?) were pretty well handled, and the story ended on a satisfying note. 

On another note, Abby was not changed. Surprise, I guess? Honestly I didn’t foresee any changes to her all. It’s funny how Wu wears an equally if not more exposing outfit being roughly the same age, but nobody payed any attention and still went “AH NAH WUT ARE THEY GUNNA DO TO MUH ABBY??” Thus an end to a shitstorm that wasn’t. Good grief. 

Liked the music for the final fight in Salem a lot, although the fact that they didn't use break-bars to reflect that time shenanigans was going on was a bit : /

At least they had the courtesy of telling you how many times the fight 'resets' since it resets the same amount of times in the no-NP preview and the 'real' fight.

Edit: The Lostbelt EoR soundtracks aren't in the My Room Soundtracks, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

In the theorycraft corner*, really dislike the 3-turn cd command codes from a statistical standpoint, since you really only have a 67% shot at being able to use it the next card cycle. If you draw it on the last turn of a cycle, there's a 2/3 chance you'll draw it too early next cycle, 2nd to last is 1/3 chance, first is 0/3 chance, which averages to roughly 1/3 'fail' rate.

*Since I'm not on JAP.

2-turn cd would've been a lot better since it'd still significantly mess up trying to chain the effect with command card manipulation, but gives you a way better shot at using the effect in the next card cycle if you were drawing cards normally. 1/3 chance for a 'fail' if you drew it on the last turn, 0/3 for 2nd to last and 1st, averaging to be 1/9 fail rate, or 89% shot to be able to use it the next card cycle.

The Merlin Code is worth it regardless, but the 1k hp Code looks a lot worse when the sustained healing should average to a bit above 700hp every time you draw the Code. (It averages a bit above 670 hp since you can't fail the first draw and you can't fail twice in a row, too lazy to do the math right now but my gut says around 750hp every time it shows up.)

Edited by DehNutCase

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Liked the music for the final fight in Salem a lot, although the fact that they didn't use break-bars to reflect that time shenanigans was going on was a bit : /

At least they had the courtesy of telling you how many times the fight 'resets' since it resets the same amount of times in the no-NP preview and the 'real' fight.

Edit: The Lostbelt EoR soundtracks aren't in the My Room Soundtracks, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

In the theorycraft corner*, really dislike the 3-turn cd command codes from a statistical standpoint, since you really only have a 67% shot at being able to use it the next card cycle. If you draw it on the last turn of a cycle, there's a 2/3 chance you'll draw it too early next cycle, 2nd to last is 1/3 chance, first is 0/3 chance, which averages to roughly 1/3 'fail' rate.

*Since I'm not on JAP.

2-turn cd would've been a lot better since it'd still significantly mess up trying to chain the effect with command card manipulation, but gives you a way better shot at using the effect in the next card cycle if you were drawing cards normally. 1/3 chance for a 'fail' if you drew it on the last turn, 0/3 for 2nd to last and 1st, averaging to be 1/9 fail rate, or 89% shot to be able to use it the next card cycle.

The Merlin Code is worth it regardless, but the 1k hp Code looks a lot worse when the sustained healing should average to a bit above 700hp every time you draw the Code. (It averages a bit above 670 hp since you can't fail the first draw and you can't fail twice in a row, too lazy to do the math right now but my gut says around 750hp every time it shows up.)

Generally speaking theyre currently SOMEWHAT favored iirc due to how heavilly their power effect assists 3tk and such. I kinda disagree a bit with you in that while .....

Probabilities

is a thing, it kinda works around to "rotation 1 with buff you get the effect" -> You miss the CC during no skill period -> "CC went online again when you have buff"

That said i think besides the 10% battery, CC have largely been unexplored as a whole, and it doesn't help that some CC's are quite a joke. Honestly the biggest impact CC ever had in my experience playing JP is Status Ailments on Third Born Oniichan's Buster card which allows him to proc Sword that Smites Evil without casting Maha Pralaya

12 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Liked the music for the final fight in Salem a lot, although the fact that they didn't use break-bars to reflect that time shenanigans was going on was a bit

I think they opted not to use break bars to mimic the fact that in-story you don't know how long you have to beat Abby up in order to make Yog-Sothoth withdraw.  It gives the feeling that there's no sign of that the entity empowering her is weakening, or that she's losing access to it.

From what I kept hearing about the last Abigail fight, I expected something incredibly difficult but it wasn’t really that hard. Granted I had Melt, Lip and MechaLiz plus a support Melt, but even so I expected something much harder.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

From what I kept hearing about the last Abigail fight, I expected something incredibly difficult but it wasn’t really that hard. Granted I had Melt, Lip and MechaLiz plus a support Melt, but even so I expected something much harder.

Abi is generally considered easy except for low star runs(bronze level, not sure about silver), where she cucks their best strategy in the face

Honestly the demon pillar of the eor was harder