Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I really hate every bronze mat in existence.  Stakes are no exception.

Seriously, Eresh and Reines both want 72 per skill... Saber Diarmuid wants 60 per skill... And event shops always have underwhelming amounts of bronze mats.

Guess I'm gonna be camping on the Gallows Hill for a while, thank goodness I can three turn it.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what? I’ve now been playing this game for exactly a whole damn year now! You know what this calls for? Something of a self reflection post.

qq1yW6G.png

hWl59uV.png

This is all basically from the first month I started playing, roughly after the Babylonia chapter launched. Medusa and Emiya were of my starter summon, who I’m glad I pulled as they are personal favorites of mine, even prior to me playing FGO, and were part of my main crew for a while. The rest were either from the FP gacha or desperate rolls for Medea in the... *gulp* story gacha (that should explain how I got Fran and Rama earlier on too, with only the latter making a difference in the long run). Oh, and I also got some lame ass dude named Merlin who was useless and never contributed much to my team. s/

My GSSR was Jack the Ripper, who did wonders for my early game as well. Ibaraki Douji, my go-to Berserker to this very day, was summoned either when I was trying for Musashi or Ishtar. I kinda forgot tbh.

CxXvoLX.png

After a whole damn month, I finally got Medea! I have no idea why she chose to elude me for so long, to the point she was the last non-storylocked 3* I acquired at the time (no, that Diarmuid doesn’t count; I know for sure I pulled him earlier but burned/vored him to a servant because I read of how bad he was).

Valentine’s Day netted me a couple SRs and Tamamo no Mae, who I had a lot of fun using once my arts servant lineup grew. I wasn’t trying to roll for her, but Jeanne and MHXA ignored me while fox wife took pity on me so she has my thanks. 

Gudaguda, on the other hand, was a complete bust outside of me getting Saberlot and event CEs. Rip over 600 quartz for no Okita, ‘twas a salty day. 

CCC was kinder giving me both versions of Umu and a gorilla who I’m procrastinating a lot with building up. Vanilla Umu has generally been a solid farmer, while her bride version has been an excellent support/dps hybrid for me. 

I tried to summon best girl Rin during the download campaign, but only managed to get sneks and for some reason Lobo... you weren’t even the avenger on rate up! I’d call this a bust, but I respect my Medusa’s too much. Meanwhile I got Kerry and Raphtalia off yolo tickets; I didn’t actually try to summon during Onigashima.

The anniversary GSSR was Ryougi Shiki, who I was initially mixed on and stalled for months leveling and even fielding. However, after seeing her proc her instakills a lot with me experimenting a bit, I’ve been using her more often and see her more favorably in recent weeks.

UC9aP9Z.png

Summer was... pretty sad. I failed to get Archuria despite a heavy stockpile and got the other two cuties as a consolation, plus a useless Yan Qing that I’ll never use. I did get a clutch Raikou though thanks to a ticket, so there’s that.

August forward is where things really turned around. Prior to this month my SSR luck was mediocre at best to horrible at worst. However, Illya was the first and so far only one of two SSR servants to come from a ticket, and that was hype as hell. A week later, I also got Brynhild without too much trouble as well as Salter from some tickets.

Medea Lily was my SR pick. Shaddup. 

I got Kato Danzo (my main target) without much trouble, and also managed to summon Shuten Douji with a ticket. Honestly, I’m not really a fan of her and would’ve preferred Raikou, but eh it’s a limited SSR. I’ll finish her up someday. 

Ishtar finally quit holding out and joined my Chaldea after only two rolls! She’s amazing, nuff said. Here’s hoping her sis is as merciful. Also summoned another goddess after some ticket yolos, presumably during one of the thanksgiving rate ups. Okita came during a ten roll yolo, possibly to make up for her no show seven months prior. Super stoked by her arrival, but sadly she came when the AP cuts were wrapping up so building her up might take a while.

Finally, I got Auntie without much issue, and Abigail Williams showed up thanks to, what do you know, a yolo 10 shot. Like with Okita, she’ll be a work in progress especially given I barely have any dust  atm. 

So what’s next? I’m planning on dumping a lot of quartz for Eresh as well as roll with the Calvary GSSR in hopes of a rider or berserker which are only two classes I’m missing. 2020 has me hyped for the likes of Skadi and a second chance at Archuria. Here’s hoping for a good year for FGO. 

Edited by Silverly

I used 36 SQ while rolling for the Queen of Sheba, but instead I ended up with a NP2 Abby. While my luck was amazing and this isn’t a complaint I have to ask: will I have use for her? Is her anti-Berserker niche worth it? I imagine she will be useful in the third Lostbelt, but other than that, I’m not sure. At the very least, now Chimeras won’t be a problem anymore! You guys have to agree that having a counter to Chimeras feels amazing, no more death to stray crits!

Edited by Water Mage

If all you needed was to farm Chimeras Summer Nero already did that, incidentally. Her 2nd skill removes her defensive weaknesses from Beserkers, Riders, and Alter-Egos. Unless you needed to farm one single super strong Chimera at once rather than AoEing a whole wave down, for some reason.

I'm not on JAP so this is just theorycraft, but from the looks of it Abby mostly fits into Arts Stall teams due to her kit---3 Arts cards means that she improves the team's NP gen by quite a bit, especially considering her 1st skill, but only 30% NP Up and 20% Defense Down on 7 turn CDs means that she hits like a wet noodle.

40/216...This is going to be a long week. 

At times like this I wish I had levelled Spartacus/Bunyan/other brain dead farming servants. I can 3T the stake node but it requires me to pay attention because I need to press buttons in a certain order to get the kills. I'm banking on next week being dead to do a 20 stakes per day so I don't lose my sanity farming.

8 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I used 36 SQ while rolling for the Queen of Sheba, but instead I ended up with a NP2 Abby. While my luck was amazing and this isn’t a complaint I have to ask: will I have use for her? Is her anti-Berserker niche worth it? I imagine she will be useful in the third Lostbelt, but other than that, I’m not sure. At the very least, now Chimeras won’t be a problem anymore! You guys have to agree that having a counter to Chimeras feels amazing, no more death to stray crits!

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

If all you needed was to farm Chimeras Summer Nero already did that, incidentally. Her 2nd skill removes her defensive weaknesses from Beserkers, Riders, and Alter-Egos. Unless you needed to farm one single super strong Chimera at once rather than AoEing a whole wave down, for some reason.

I'm not on JAP so this is just theorycraft, but from the looks of it Abby mostly fits into Arts Stall teams due to her kit---3 Arts cards means that she improves the team's NP gen by quite a bit, especially considering her 1st skill, but only 30% NP Up and 20% Defense Down on 7 turn CDs means that she hits like a wet noodle.

This is true. The popular team for abi for a while was Merlin Tamamo Abigail. Using Abigail 3rd to secure some defense backing Merlin and GOA + Stun all day. That said i wont neccessarily call her a fit on arts stall at least in the sense that "its arts stall but it have the exact composition and gameplan as buster"

But thats more because buster is just arts with buster NP

The problem with the entire Foreigner class is they are a Zerker killer but what is a Zerker killer

....literally fucking everything

So when looking at foreigner you mostly look at their neutral.

MHXX is the strongest Burst Neutral Arts servant in the game comes Tamamo buff and can damage Sabers held back by less optimized kit and SR stats. 

Hokusai is a Fionn clone who sometimes do a lot against Man and is mostly showcased through very meme set up. As time goes on her lack of Interlude and Tamamo being weaker button wise hurts her overall performance

Abi have several neat skills and NP effect packed on a high ish CD. Somewhat falls off once DW cucked Most buffwipe

....oh yeahhhh speaking of buffwipe, Altera is surprisingly useful for Christmas 4 lol

On 12/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, Water Mage said:

I used 36 SQ while rolling for the Queen of Sheba, but instead I ended up with a NP2 Abby. While my luck was amazing and this isn’t a complaint I have to ask: will I have use for her?

Use her with Jeanne Ruler and Merlin. Laugh as the enemy is completely incapable of killing your team. It’s one of the most consistent stall teams you can run other than BB until Qin Shi Huang.

lol Tamamo in anything remotely difficult next year.

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Use her with Jeanne Ruler and Merlin. Laugh as the enemy is completely incapable of killing your team. It’s one of the most consistent stall teams you can run other than BB until Qin Shi Huang.

lol Tamamo in anything remotely difficult next year.

Full Power Kama get rekt

On the other hand yeah Weather CQ with Tamamo can go suck a dick

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I got myself a good goddess, on my birthday no less! It took quite a bit of quartz to coax her out though, needing just over 900 quartz to come home. Oof, looks like the NP2 dream was wishful thinking.

I also finally got my first copy of Kaleidoscope, which leaves Formal Craft as the last regular gacha CE I’ve yet to pull. Huzzah for more farming strats.

I got nothing so far, but hope still lives because I'll get the login quartz around the 22nd or so. 

That aside, 3T farming is really tough. I managed to destroy Enkidu in one turn with K-scope arash/Suzuka with Bodhisatvva/Friend Merlin/Secondary buffer with the Harry Potter Mystic Code. The annoying part is that this setup relies heavily on getting 3 Suzuka cards for Enkidu (1 has to be Buster) and even with the card shuffle it isn't consistent...at least it's better than nothing.

I'm doing 6 turn+ farming runs because I can't grasp the concept of not having maximum drop bonuses : )

Well, for the Lancer node I do sacrifice one drop bonus to bring in Artoria if I can't find Altera in my support list.

Things will get better tonight since I'll be able to use the 40% NP Starry Nights and Eresh for the new Node, unlike the current 40 AP node which only drops the 2 lower tier currencies.

DW employee #5: How do we make people like forced story support for once?

DW employee #69: idk make them able to destroy just about everything?

DW: give that man a raise!

And thats how Jojorion comes to being

LB5 is a treat. Its not too enjoyable but getting to use Orion salvages everything about it

I like how I transitioned from 'no drop bonus left behind' into 'eh, I'll use 3 Kaleidoscopes on non-bonus units.' Mostly because I'm at the point where I'm grinding lottery now, rather than clearing shop.

Either the Beserker Node or the Assassin Node will be easiest for my box, so I'll see if I can find a consistent 3T that can be macroed for the Assassin Node once it opens, otherwise I'll just keep doing Beserkers until I get another CE drop. (At which time I'll probably have to swap to plug-suit for a 3T, or else bring Arash in. Either way will cost me bond or Mystic Code exp, though)

Really tempted to keep rolling to MLB Starry Nights, but I'll wait till next year.

Edit: Today I learned NP 5 Medusa Lancer hits softer than NP1 Scathach, PepeHands. But I didn't do her Interlude yet, so I'll double check damage after that's done.

Double Edit: After Interlude they're about the same, against non-Divine, non-Undead. : /

Ah well, I least I have a reliable 3T clear of the lancer Archer Node that only takes 2 non-Event CEs.

Edited by DehNutCase

Getting Ana spook after that heartfelt ending to the event's story is salt inducing. Hmmph, well she's cute and stuff so I'll add her to the (absurdly long) list of servants I'm going to level but keep at 1/1/1.

Fair warning, even at 10/10/10 NP5 she hits like a soft wet noodle. (My Medusa Lancer does about the same damage as NP 1 Scathach versus neutral targets, and that's for the NP, Scathach dumpsters her with crit damage.) She's more of a stall unit than a damage unit, of course, but damage is good everywhere and stall is only occasionally useful, especially gender based stall : /

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Fair warning, even at 10/10/10 NP5 she hits like a soft wet noodle. (My Medusa Lancer does about the same damage as NP 1 Scathach versus neutral targets, and that's for the NP, Scathach dumpsters her with crit damage.) She's more of a stall unit than a damage unit, of course, but damage is good everywhere and stall is only occasionally useful, especially gender based stall : /

No worries, I was already aware of her being more of a trophy kind of servant that will probably shine in some sort of unorthodox CQ but will be a sitting duck everywhere else just like Angry Mango and some others. 

At least she's not a Consort Yu or Miyu where they just sabotage themselves.

Bored with NA and JP right now. I’m skipping the lotto event and have already done the CQ (BB < 3), so there’s only shop.

LB5 is a lot easier compared to previous ones. Space Ishtar did basically all the work with some changes in select fights.

Please rerun Kama for New Year’s.

Kind of wish the secret party dropped sand, but no, it's just a bunch of snowmen. The Archer Node is still my best node for Macroing (I have a really reliable 3T with Archuria on the Saber node, but I need to click face cards for it, so I can't Macro---specifically, I need to see one of her face cards to kill the T2 Basilisk), so I'm expecting to end up with possibly tens of thousands of the stuff. I only have 3.7k Snowmen at the moment, but that's after completely clearing the shop, including the monuments.

I guess I can set it up so I only need to play the last turn for the Saber node, but that'll probably move the clear time to 4 turns rather than 3 turns. (And it kind of feels bad using Caster Nero's NP just to kill a single Basilisk, but that's neither here nor there.)

I got a really great roll today!

Spoiler

image0.jpg
IRL! Her regular version's refusal to come home just made me take different measures, instead. 
Thankfully I have her summer version in game at least.

For real though, I've been slacking on this game a lot, I'll probably finish up this Lostbelt once the part 2 gacha comes out, that way I'll have more incentive to try to get quartz.

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

What happens when grinding is over? That's when grinding begins. Not looking forward to unboxing almost 60k of sand.

At least I'm not on the insane levels of sand like 200k or 300k, though.

that should be 100 box i think?

i skipped this and only did like 10 lol