Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I was able to scrounge up enough sq for 2 10x pulls and finally got Jalter! Now I just need to farm the heck for true scripts for the hero proofs needed to max out Caster Gil. At least my vacation started in time to actually spend a full day farming and use up my 300+ apples.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've been out of the loop for a while, when is a good time to start burning my FP on FP Summons? I think I was saving them for whenever 4*/5* embers get added and/or the command code implementation. I got so many points stocked up, and the last time I spent them was probably during the Fate/Zero event.

For this year's summoning goals...
0. King Hassan - Alas, King Hassan only seems obtainable through the paid gacha, so I doubt he'll ever join my Chaldea... 
1. Eresh - I missed her last year, so I guess I'll try again this year. If I get any of these, let it be Eresh.
2. MHXA - A bonus, but I could use a counterpart to my NP3 MHX...
3. Okita - Mostly a bonus, and mostly because having her and Nobu be separated isn't right.
4. Brynhild - Mostly personal preference since I already have Scathach, but a Buster Lancer may be fun.
5. Valkyrie - The 4* of this list. I'm a sucker for Valkyries in most media, and FGO is no exception.

Personally I like spending a bit of FP to MLB new years CEs whenever they show up, but that's because they give a tiny bit of QP if you have the CE slots for them. It helps that new years tends to come with 2x or 3x exp chance, so I can use the CEs I roll but aren't looking for for CE exp.

No idea when the next bonus exp chance event's going to happen, though. (Should be able to look it up, but I don't know a quick way to sift through events to find which ones give bonus exp chance.)

Now that the event's over, let's see how much progress I've made on that servant list:

Spoiler
  • Karna
  • Li Shuwen
  • Herc
  • UMU
  • Vlad EXTRA
  • Nobu
  • Santa Alter
  • Penth
  • Wu
  • Bunyan
  • Caster Liz
  • Taiga
  • Princess Bedi
  • Hans
  • Shakespeare
  • Paracelsus
  • Mata Hari
  • Emiya
  • Chacha
  • Ana/Fionn/Sumanai (It's probably going to be Ana or Sumanai. I don't care about Fionn even if he's the strongest of the 3). 

So far I've finished levelling 8. Not too bad considering I went on a QP wasting spree maxing Raikou and Ecchan's skills (although the latter only got up to 6/10/9 because I ran out of both Gold zerk gems and QP, the heal is whatever so I'm going to grind doors to max her 3rd skill).

The worst part about Circe is that to get 100% NP with her 1st skill I have to use stakes on her. On the plus side, Eresh only needs 3 more Stakes before 10/10/10 so I should have have Circe more or less ready to go pretty quick. If I manage to farm 18 stakes before Setsubun I'll even be able to take advantage of the half AP ember quests to farm caster embers for her.

I had enough leftover embers to get her to level 68 from the lottery, but not enough to level 80 her unless I dip into my 2nd archive stash of embers and fous---that stash is for SSRs or SRs I really care about, though, so I'm not touching it.

Setsubun is slightly worrying since the way my free time works* means that I'd much rather play a long time in one sitting than a short time in multiple sittings, but my box should be deep enough that I can clear a ton of floors in a single sitting despite fatigue.

*And also the fact that I don't play on a phone.

I picked Parvati for my free SR and damn, her mats requirements are so damn easy. Like, I was to get her skills to 8/8/8 incredibly easy. Her ascension mats were really easy too. I’m starting to see why people consider Parvati so good. Not only is she’s got useful skills, she’s super easy to max! I don’t remember the last time a Servant need Horns or Lamps!

Aww I missed out on the Da Vinci challenge event. That's one less lore in my roster, hopefully that won't bite me in the future. Chose Parvati as the free SR since I aam missing out on strong offensivce lancers. With the free 30 saint quartz, I got Steno. Drat

I chose Parvati just to be ready in case I luck out and manage to snag a Skadi in the future. This'll sound silly, but after hearing BB's voice for so long I forgot how Sakura sounded and when Parvati talked it really surprised me. I'm gonna need some time to get adjusted to her voice I kinda like BB's condescending tone more

Man, the 4* Ticket is rough. My list of options are...

NP2 Saber Alter
NP3 Artoria Lancer Alte
r
NP4 Heracles
Tomoe (Archer of Inferno)

Medusa Lancer (Ana)
Katou Danzo

While I love Salter, I have the OG at NP 2 and maxed out already while Salter still needs investment. Tomoe and Ana have the potential to appear in regular summons and I'm currently low on resources anyway so it's difficult for me to raise new Servants. Danzo I want mainly due to the design and the fact she's story locked, even if her kit only has niche uses.

Meanwhile, Lalter and Herc have competition. I use Lalter regularly and she's story locked so she may win, but upgrading Herc so he is eventually NP5 is a goal of mine. So, it's essentially down to Lalter (High Usage, Story Lock), Herc (Support List, Hard Carry), or Danzo (Story Lock, Pure Aesthetic)...

Sometimes I wish there was a way to reset Grails. As much as I love Georgios, I don't really use him enough to warrant the Grails being on him (and no one seems to use him either from my Support List). It doesn't help I don't have a Siegfried to take advantage of Georgios' Ascalon, and the grail buffs do little since he is a low rarity Servant. Besides, Georgios wants to focus more on getting defense buffs instead of improving his stats.

My other grails are more spread out, mostly placed on welfares. Aside from that, special mention goes to Arash who got a grail (for better farming and honoring him from Camelot), Tamamo Cat (farming and being my first 4*), and Heracles (because Heracles).

9 hours ago, Sire said:

Sometimes I wish there was a way to reset Grails. As much as I love Georgios, I don't really use him enough to warrant the Grails being on him (and no one seems to use him either from my Support List). It doesn't help I don't have a Siegfried to take advantage of Georgios' Ascalon, and the grail buffs do little since he is a low rarity Servant. Besides, Georgios wants to focus more on getting defense buffs instead of improving his stats.

My other grails are more spread out, mostly placed on welfares. Aside from that, special mention goes to Arash who got a grail (for better farming and honoring him from Camelot), Tamamo Cat (farming and being my first 4*), and Heracles (because Heracles).

Same here. I used 4 Grails on Medea in my first months (I like her and everybody called her out for being one of the best 3* - which she is, but still vastly inferior to SR and SSR) and used her only once or twice in the last year. It shouldn't be for free, but why not for a decent cost like 20-50 Mio QP per Grail? You already lose the QP and Ember you spent on grailing the servant beforehand. Heracles sees hardly any use aswell, but her deserved level 90 for carrying me through Solomon.

Later years seem to give out way more grails than the years so far, so while grail resets are unlikely you'll have a bit more grails to play around with even if you wasted some before. Mind, I personally don't feel too stretched for grails, but I mostly grail SSRs---which take the least amount of grails to max anyway.

Regarding Medea, my issue with her is that her NP has AoE NP numbers, which drags down the rest of her kit and makes grailing her a lot less useful than it otherwise might've been. (At level 90 she'd have slightly below 4* stats, which would've made her quite nice as a damage dealer if it wasn't for the fact her NP has such awful damage multipliers.) At least give her Vlad III numbers---AoE NP number before interlude, non-interlude single target NP numbers afterward.

Ah well, at least Circe exists.

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Regarding Medea, my issue with her is that her NP has AoE NP numbers, which drags down the rest of her kit and makes grailing her a lot less useful than it otherwise might've been. (At level 90 she'd have slightly below 4* stats, which would've made her quite nice as a damage dealer if it wasn't for the fact her NP has such awful damage multipliers.) At least give her Vlad III numbers---AoE NP number before interlude, non-interlude single target NP numbers afterward.

Well yeah, won't disagree here. 3* need great numbers/utility to keep up with higher rarity servants and having a handicap from the start certainly doesn't help.

Decided to pick Penth with my ticket. I was thinking of np2 my Yagyu or Fionn but in the end, decided for CEO amazon for a new unit.

Now to play Shimousa + Salem in the weekend since I had almost no time nor interest for FGO recently. Eager for the climbing event myself =]

Another Medea fan? I love you already! 

All the grails I used so far were for Medea (3), Medusa (3), Medusa Lily (2), Ereshkigal (5), and Mata Hari (9 soon to be 10 after Valentines 3). Medea and Medusa were personal favorites so I gave them some love. Medulily has horrible bst so I used a couple grails in an attempt to salvage it somewhat. I’m a Rin fanboy so I felt obligated to max Ereshkigal out as well as help with her wonky bst. Mata Hari... honestly I just wanted to do something out of field with a character I liked somewhat. Hell I don’t think I ever used her yet lol. Don’t regret any of my choices since they’re my babes. ❤️

I otherwise don’t really put much stock or value in grails since 1) I couldn’t care less about “optimal” use of them 2) grails don’t make that huge a difference in the long run and 3) in the case of SSRs and to a lesser extent SRs, there’s always the case of me being indecisive and second guessing myself. For example, I like Okita/Brynhild/Jalter/etc, but do I like them enough to use a limited resource that’ll never get back? Scathach is a personal favorite of mine, but I already have a lvl 100 lancer in Eresh. Is that redundant? That’s what causes me to stick to one’s where the muse strikes me. I’m weird like that. 

With 90 sq on the Setsubun banner, I was hoping to get more copies of Shuten or Raikou. Instead I summoned 3 copies of Gozen. I'll take it, I needed some hard hitting archers. Say when Skadi comes out what are good craft essences for a quick team? I heard copies of 2030 are a must have. For attackers I heard that Holy Night Sign, Imaginary Around, and Traces of Christmas are good to have. Just want to prepare for the future.

Don't play on JAP, so this is just theory craft:

If you're running double Skadi Black Grail will probably end up the best CE for raw damage, but that's assuming you have it MLB'd and high leveled. Traces of Christmas is probably the best overall if you take into account how often it'll be useful (just about always thanks to the 50% starting NP) and how easy it is to MLB (not completely trivial, since you still need to farm up a drop, but it's a CE drop from a lottery event).

2030s on supports feel redundant to me if your main damage dealer likes to click Quick cards, but I don't use it much in general since Prisma Cosmos tend to be better for plans that rely on high turn counts and stuff like Golden Carp or Ox-Demon King* tend to be better if you're trying to finish things quick. That's a personal opinion, though, apparently other people like it a lot.

*Pity Wandering Tales of Shana-oh is only 1 turn, and on death at that.

For Skadi teams Poster Girl should be one of the best support CEs since Skadi doesn't really mitigate damage very well, so you might as well just let one of them die after they pressed their skills. That said, if you don't have survivability issues then it ends up being... not very useful. I haven't ran into a CQ that made me go 'man, I wish I had a 3 turn taunt' yet, but maybe I'll see some once we see more of JAP's CQs.

I'll probably pick up a few copies if we get another Poster Girl banner, but I don't expect Poster Girl teams to perform better than just abusing RNG to let you use death trigger and entrance trigger CEs reliably. (Stuff like putting Ox-Demon King on Bunyan and just RNGing your way into having her die instantly for a free card shuffle and order change.)

15 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

With 90 sq on the Setsubun banner, I was hoping to get more copies of Shuten or Raikou. Instead I summoned 3 copies of Gozen. I'll take it, I needed some hard hitting archers. Say when Skadi comes out what are good craft essences for a quick team? I heard copies of 2030 are a must have. For attackers I heard that Holy Night Sign, Imaginary Around, and Traces of Christmas are good to have. Just want to prepare for the future.

Theres only effectively 5 CE for Quick DPS

Farming

Golden Sumo - Becuase Sumo. not many servant can actually triloop with this, to fully put this to use your gonna use Arash backed Waver to blow up Wave 1 followed by Skadi + Waver + Skadi battery and this is good if the damage is out of reach. This set up works with ANY Quick servant, so you just look at damage. Making in theory Xiang Yu a top tier pick for this method

HNS - when L100, under Waver Skadi Skadi plug set up this offers more burst damage than Golden Sumo, by a noticable margin of around 10% often hitting 150k. This makes it relevant for farm set ups

Kscope - CORE if you want the optimal Quick comp which is the Dantes Mage Assoc(there variations that

Black Grail - If used like Golden Sumo(Aka with Arash) this allows natural 50% looper to get a new damage ceiling. Also core for CQ shenanigans as this is how you get into agnostic damage range

Christmas 5 CE(this is ToC i believe) - this is a 10% Quick, 10 NP gen up CE with 50 battery and full attack. i think its worse than HNS? but in theory this is pretty darn good

The other CE not listed here are roughly outclassed to various extent. There MIGHT be some use for Imaginary Around but ehh. Cute Orangete is also ok technically

For CQ:

For the standard meme set up the important CE is actually 2 copy of Gold Carp and similar CE, and Kscope

Gold Carp is used to kickstart 20 stars immediately allowing you to rig turn 1 critical hits. Standard Quick loop often rigs turn 1 to ease out the gameplan.

In theory Gold Carp have an extra benefit that can allow support NP, but in practice that only ever comes into play when using Parvati. So if you miss gold carp, the Neo Gold Carp CE's from say Christmas 4 or Gilfest 2 can do

Empieta - VERY good in Chen Gong based set up where its used to act as an extra battery. Camlann is slightly worse which can be notable because after all its battery and these tend to be strict.

Kscope - used to put Waver's Stone Sentinel Maze turn 1 with his buff allowing massive damage spike.

MLBScope - Borderline required for Chen Gong strats as without MLBScope your forced to run Skadi Waver on the starting portion of Chen Gong combo. With MLB scope you can run 2 Skadi on first wave.

Summer BB route would do fine with just His Rightful Place and Golden Carp. The former is going to be ran this year if you missed it

2030 is actually fairly niche, due to how Quick loop works as your servant's NP x Q or NPQQ chain can often produce 50 Stars on their own, even more so if you are doing AOE CQ. I reckon on many set up with proper planning HRP can actually replace 2030, but im not sure lol

EDIT: Nutcase reminds me lol, GGPG is actually primarilly used on Chiron or Helena who allows your DPS to reach a notch higher ceiling. This is often used more if you didn't have optimized set ups

Sorry if this is too wall of texty but yeah those are mostly all the "relevant stuff" so to speak

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I expected it, but man 200 floors is a giant ass slog. I think I average like 100 quests or so for the typical event, and those are 2 weeks long. 200 (+ some spare change for the CQ and occasional failure) in a week is basically lottery tier in terms of grind.

Was very slightly tempted to see if running a hilariously low damage stall team would let me farm the two respawning CQ mooks for spinal fluids, but it's not like I actually need a lot of them at the moment + I'm not insane.

Managed to finish all 200 floors today, and I gotta say, I quite enjoyed this event. Using Servants that have been collecting dust has been a refreshing experience.

That being said, the best part of the event was it not being timegated! Seriously I hate timegated events, and I’m already dreading Valentines which I hear it’s timegated.

I made it through the first 100 floors. If there was more time, I probably wouldn't mind doing the other 100, but the grind got to me. Not being able to play on my own schedule and being forced to play on timers is frustrating.

This was prob my least favorite event since I started playing.

The sheer size of the tower was a killer. So many loading screens and party changes zzz

Still on 150x not sure if I will continue climb. Not any important reward anymore besides QP (which I have like 980millions)

Here is hoping valentines is better