Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Honestly, my issue with the KnK event isn't the fact that you have to fight 6 waves of mooks, it's the fact that everything is 20 AP. A good face-carding comp can clear most of the maps I've seen so far in 6-7 turns pretty reliably, and that's about what I settle for when I'm manually doing runs anyway. (Since I tend to run total jank to maximize drops in most events.)

Penthesilea has been pretty stellar for stuff like this, so I ended up spending 3 Lores on her.

The event isn't nearly as grindy this time around, though, since everyone has MLB CEs to do the missions quickly + make runs more efficient for drops, so the 20AP is more of an annoyance than a major issue.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Honestly, my issue with the KnK event isn't the fact that you have to fight 6 waves of mooks, it's the fact that everything is 20 AP. A good face-carding comp can clear most of the maps I've seen so far in 6-7 turns pretty reliably, and that's about what I settle for when I'm manually doing runs anyway. (Since I tend to run total jank to maximize drops in most events.)

Penthesilea has been pretty stellar for stuff like this, so I ended up spending 3 Lores on her.

The event isn't nearly as grindy this time around, though, since everyone has MLB CEs to do the missions quickly + make runs more efficient for drops, so the 20AP is more of an annoyance than a major issue.

Just wait until Guda 3

You'll be wishing things weren't 40 AP.  It made the missions a huge slog without apples.

They just announced that now there will be “main interlude” where you can play previous events that already had reruns! They first one they are doing is Eresh Christmas, giving another chance at Santa Altera. I’m starting think this might be the reason for no Santa Quetz rerun. And apparently if you miss copies of a welfare in a event you can buy them later for 2RP.

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

They just announced that now there will be “main interlude” where you can play previous events that already had reruns! They first one they are doing is Eresh Christmas, giving another chance at Santa Altera. I’m starting think this might be the reason for no Santa Quetz rerun. And apparently if you miss copies of a welfare in a event you can buy them later for 2RP.

Disappointed NP2-5 requires 2 RP each.  It works against new players far too harshly, and they're the ones who need this the most.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:32 PM, Glaceon Mage said:

Just wait until Guda 3

You'll be wishing things weren't 40 AP.  It made the missions a huge slog without apples.

Is that really an issue? I haven't been able to spend all of my apples in months (never below 70 golden apples in the last two lotteries). I'm at 91 again despite spending quite a bit on the knk rerun.

On the topic of buyable wellfares: I think the price is okayish, it's not like you need more than NP2. You don't even need them to complete the story.

Just now, Shahrivar said:

Is that really an issue? I haven't been able to spend all of my apples in months (never below 70 golden apples in the last two lotteries). I'm at 91 again despite spending quite a bit on the knk rerun.

On the topic of buyable wellfares: I think the price is okayish, it's not like you need more than NP2. You don't even need them to complete the story.

I prefer being able to clear the main part of events (the parts that don't need gacha CEs) apple-free if you spend AP as it comes to you.  It's annoying with things like this past Semiramis event where the game seemingly gives you no choice but to apple if you want all the lores.

Rather save my apples for Lottery events.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I prefer being able to clear the main part of events (the parts that don't need gacha CEs) apple-free if you spend AP as it comes to you.  It's annoying with things like this past Semiramis event where the game seemingly gives you no choice but to apple if you want all the lores.

Rather save my apples for Lottery events.

How do you even spent all of them in lottery events 😕 I had ~120 golden and 80 silver ones for Christmas and I was able to spend about half of them.

I've used apples for half ap door events, Shimosa and Salem, events, lotteries and I still can't get rid of them.

4 minutes ago, Shahrivar said:

How do you even spent all of them in lottery events 😕 I had ~120 golden and 80 silver ones for Christmas and I was able to spend about half of them.

I've used apples for half ap door events, Shimosa and Salem, events, lotteries and I still can't get rid of them.

I don't spend all of them, but better too many than too few.  

I guess I should say I don't like it when it feels like the game is trying to force me to use em.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Disappointed NP2-5 requires 2 RP each.  It works against new players far too harshly, and they're the ones who need this the most.

True, I feel like they should have been 1RP each. It would sorta like exchanging one Gold Servant for another. Although they might be planning to give more free RP, the Eresh download campaign for example has one free RP.

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I don't spend all of them, but better too many than too few.  

I guess I should say I don't like it when it feels like the game is trying to force me to use em.

Fair enough. I use apples in most events and do some daily quests if I'm done early or farm mats (like Dragon fangs during valentine).

Well, I tried to do the CQ with Fujino being the main DPS, but her permanent defense down meant that once it got to the point I was using guts to survive she was dying to regular hits, since she couldn't quite reduce it to 0 damage. : /

I had Waver, Caster Nero, and Mash trying to keep her up, too. (Nero Bride was also in there, but I ended up using her third skill on Bride herself, so that didn't count.) She did manage to get Shiki down to her last ~100k hp or so, so there's that.

I had Archer Artoria in the last spot so no points for guessing the ending.  X1pzHie.gif

(I left the ghost full hp until the end even though I noticed mid-way through the fight that you should kill it first, so it ended up taking a while thanks to the massive amounts of Atk Downs.)

The worst part about Melt's strengthening being last is that I actually used her a lot to do the other strengthening quests. On the plus side, all my leveled servants have all their strengthenings done, now. (There's still a bunch I have access to from servants I don't have leveled, but I don't have the exp for that---maybe after the next lottery event.)

If I end up having a lot of free time next February the C&C rerun should be fun, since I have a bunch of different team comps to toss at whip only Kiara. (She has an AoE NP so it seems like it should be easy to stack hilarious amounts of buffs on someone and just 3 turn them afterwards, especially if you're not worried about refilling NP thanks to command seal spamming, but we'll see.)

Whew! I managed to clear the whole event in like 4 days (2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays), it was a close one but now I finally got Shiki! Now I just need to farm some doors to get her to 10/10/10. This is a kinda RIP for Carmilla and certainly a death sentence to Kiritsugu, not like I ever used him outside of me trying gimmicky meme comps as my main assassin but she'll always be my first pick when it's time to dispose of female Riders and Zerkers. 

As for rolls, I got 2 Mikiya CEs from the KnK banner. Cool for farming cats but that CE is pretty trash apart from the art, and no Saber Shiki/Fujino so RIP. I threw the 10 tickets at the Kiara banner and got Passionlip from it, so that's a silver lining even if Lip is kinda niche.

Missed my chance to NP5 Assassin Shiki. When I first started fgo, it was during the tail end of this event, so I missed out. Now I missed out on finishing it due to personal issues cropping up. Oh well, I got a free Saber Shiki out of the deal from a ticket. 

Man, you’d think you’d find mlb 5* gacha CEs easily cause everybody loves Shiki and Fujino, but no. Not a single person on my friends list had one, and they’re almost mythical status trying to find one otherwise. Trying to farm cats was a nightmare to the point of me giving up on the shop in the waning days. Pardon my sour grapes, but I was really in this for the free SR anyways. 

Also eyyy Merlin update and more SQ. Will take gladly.

Assassins, not surprisingly, were the most common source of finding an mlb 5* gacha CE, but that’s not saying much when I’d have to reset as many as 50 or so times to even find one. At that point I’m better off just making off with what my friends already have since I’d be shooting myself in terms of efficiency.

20200306_175851.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IMAGINE NOT TOTALLY SEEING THIS FUCKING GARBAGE IS GOING TO HAPPEN

SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU DW. This is literal garbage

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

20200306_175851.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IMAGINE NOT TOTALLY SEEING THIS FUCKING GARBAGE IS GOING TO HAPPEN

SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU DW. This is literal garbage

Do you mean Odysseus as a boss? With his NP removing defensive buff, being literally immune to charm beating even KH at that and a taunt that targets both of his teammates he’s going to be a nightmare. Does anyone else get the feeling he’s going to be a boss in the next Gilfest?

53 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Do you mean Odysseus as a boss? With his NP removing defensive buff, being literally immune to charm beating even KH at that and a taunt that targets both of his teammates he’s going to be a nightmare. Does anyone else get the feeling he’s going to be a boss in the next Gilfest?

No, it's probably because buff removal resistance is a junk effect.

@JSND Alter Dragon BonerAt least the for player control, the buff removal resist doesn't seem to affect the skill itself.  Even when you ignore that part, it's still a better Eye of the Mind(True) (Invincibility instead of evade, and 30% Def for 3 turns instead of 20%, plus the CD is 5 turns instead of 6).  Unlike Maou Nobu's second.

2 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

No, it's probably because buff removal resistance is a junk effect.

My line of thought was more that since he has Buff Removal resistance, that means you can’t use skills and NPs that remove buffs against him, which would make you have to rely on ignore invincible to deal damage to him. But thinking more about it the buff removal resistance isn’t really that much of an issue.

Ignore Invincible and Pierce Defense together tends to be rare enough to cause problems if he uses his defensive skill every turn, but at least you can just grab a CE for one and put it on a Servant with the other to deal with him. It has a interesting synergy as an enemy with his taunt skill, since to ignore the taunt skill you'll need to kill his allies, which causes him to have more chances to spam his defensive skill.

Sherlock would probably face-roll him, but I'm not a fan of Sherlock. Mostly because the mana-burst on Baritsu makes me sad. At least man up and give him better than 50% if you're not going to give him a damaging NP... His kit isn't bad or anything, but it's not strong enough to carry a non-damaging NP on a Servant that's supposed to hit things. Like, I don't mind Medea Lily, Hans, or even Jeanne having most of their utility tied to their non-damage NPs, but their kit doesn't need them to punch people to function properly.

(Every part of Sherlock's kit is meant to synergize with having Sherlock punch things, so if he's in a team to support half of his kit ends up useless. And he doesn't have a numbers to be a damage dealer without a damaging NP.)

Edit: Personally I don't mind having buff removal resistance randomly popping up on people's kits, as long as they didn't get gimped elsewhere in exchange. You need a critical mass of the effect to be able to build teams around using removal resistance to counteract a fight's mechanics, so it's nice that they're adding it in here or there. (Just like how they're slowly adding more buff % increase effects.)

Avenger Nobu, for example, definitely got gimped on her second skill*, since buff removal resistance isn't worth a full effect, but Odysseus has Invincibility + 30% Defense for 3 turns + 5 turn cd on top of the buff removal resistance for that skill, so it's fine.

*Although even ignoring the debuff removal resistance it's still a better skill than a lot of the garbage you see on older servants...

Edited by DehNutCase

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

My line of thought was more that since he has Buff Removal resistance, that means you can’t use skills and NPs that remove buffs against him, which would make you have to rely on ignore invincible to deal damage to him. But thinking more about it the buff removal resistance isn’t really that much of an issue.

JSND specifically hates buff removal resistance because it makes skills look like they do more than they actually do, and they're concerned that DW will add it to skills and give them a higher CD than normal because 'it does more stuff' (though that doesn't seem to have happened with Odysseus, now that we've seen the numbers).  It's specifically a concern about player summoned units having a 'junk rare' skill effect potentially making the skill weaker, not when fighting them as bosses.

A while back in the thread we had a discussion about this, when Medea Lily got her strengthening and it tacked buff removal resistance on to her Ephemeral Romance skill.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi