Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

You guys mind giving me some advice? I was rolling for Arjuna and while I didn’t get, I managed to get Saberlot. While I already know how good he is, I’ve been wondering what is the best CE for him. The first one that comes to mind is Another Ending but is the any others that work well with him?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Water Mage said:

You guys mind giving me some advice? I was rolling for Arjuna and while I didn’t get, I managed to get Saberlot. While I already know how good he is, I’ve been wondering what is the best CE for him. The first one that comes to mind is Another Ending but is the any others that work well with him?

Trick or Treatment is wonderful on him too. NP gen and Crit dmg up allows him to NP spam and keep his crit machine role at the same time. Another Ending is overall stronger because it makes his NPAA crit chains nuclear but ToT makes his Quick and extra cards a little more effective considering how Saberlot plays. 

For quick battles Summer Time Mistress coupled with a way to get 20% NP charge (be it Waver/Helena/MA Mystic Code/etc) can let Saberlot do a number on the 2nd wave mini boss or 3rd wave boss if RNG draws a Brave chain. 

New Beginning is kind of a sidegrade/semi upgrade over STM if you MLB it, but even without the MLB it works pretty well I know it from experience, I got 3 copies of this one and 0 Musashi although the mixed stats can be a bit of a turn off. 

18 hours ago, Water Mage said:

You'd be using Sumo just about 90% of the time. The 10% is when you want damage and go BG

Theres..... frankly no other choice that even comes as good as those two and this comes from a guy who uses all sort of shit with him such as, for the longest time Hot Springs for the Extra Stars. The ONLY CE that would have been a good-mid way improvement for Saberlot is a hypothetical 20% starting battery CE with extremely powerful damage amping

NY mash is a memey option alongside the one from this year Halloween Royal Icing but they are BG but worse

Reason why: Saberlot have 30, so a 50 CE would unlock 50 30 20 insta NP combo. A 20 would allow him to use full Waver without wasting any damage and battery marks. 

Honestly Another Ending is kinda overrated. Rarely is there a situation where you need its damage at the same time that NP acceleration won't get better value in the longer run. I can see it being useful in a very speciifc situation where you start a fight crit bursting and then using AO to break past the next bars but oftentimes the optmization needed to achieve that would make Sumo also break through

If you don't need Lancelot to NP turn 1 (i.e. you can afford to delay using the stars on his battery), something like Golden Carp is occasionally useful since it'll let him crit on all of his face cards in a full draw cycle with just Carp + his Battery, which will let your supports run something other than Carp. That's very much an edge case, though, and probably not interesting unless you're running Merlin with his Bond CE or something.

Aside from that I'm also in the Black Grail or NP Battery camp, although personally I don't use Lancelot that much. (I also don't value Sumo that much because the supports I use tend to be Atk Heavy, thanks to a pair of Neros and Waver, so I'd rather have other stuff rather than 15% Atk.)

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

If you don't need Lancelot to NP turn 1 (i.e. you can afford to delay using the stars on his battery), something like Golden Carp is occasionally useful since it'll let him crit on all of his face cards in a full draw cycle with just Carp + his Battery, which will let your supports run something other than Carp. That's very much an edge case, though, and probably not interesting unless you're running Merlin with his Bond CE or something.

Aside from that I'm also in the Black Grail or NP Battery camp, although personally I don't use Lancelot that much. (I also don't value Sumo that much because the supports I use tend to be Atk Heavy, thanks to a pair of Neros and Waver, so I'd rather have other stuff rather than 15% Atk.)

Yeah i agree Sumo is unoptimial, but theres a lot of thing that make me prefer it. It being ATK booster makes it very strong in unoptimized farming scenario(don't need crit to reap the value, and i used Heracles for farming so lol), factors like how some servant now tend to drop Charisma for CTB, Merlin having WAY bigger CTB over Charisma making it so that the difference between HNS vs Sumo lower than it normally is, and how in the end HNS isn't that much stronger to begin with - theyre like 5% stronger max.

Like iirc if you compare Aerial Drive vs Sumo,  its like 1.22 HNS, 1.1 Sumo(10% difference) even with hyper Waver heavy set up.

With all that considered it makes Sumo the one i''d invest EXP to, and the other investment for XP would instead go to luxury like BG that didn't fit the niche of Sumo

Until they release a 50 Bat, 15 Card 15 NP or 50 Bat i guess.

Funny talk about it, when i started JP account i actually got 4 copy of Starry Nights. Failed to get it, i kinda considered it my biggest JP waste for long and then they later ended up giving you a free pick one copy and they reran the banner recently. Its.... interesting. I noted it out before that Joint Recital(20/20) is actually very very close to Victor(25/15) and it in fact have better mathematical results(1.44 vs  1.4375) so its win out is basically coming from the stats and Starry Nights is a nice midrange at 1.30 with Battery

I think its good enough to be a decisive upgrade over Sumo and HNS but its kinda werid to think that the same on Quick and Arts would be LOL because of how much weaker Art cards is(50/15 C/15 N would be rad for them though)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

10 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You'd be using Sumo just about 90% of the time. The 10% is when you want damage and go BG

Theres..... frankly no other choice that even comes as good as those two and this comes from a guy who uses all sort of shit with him such as, for the longest time Hot Springs for the Extra Stars. The ONLY CE that would have been a good-mid way improvement for Saberlot is a hypothetical 20% starting battery CE with extremely powerful damage amping

NY mash is a memey option alongside the one from this year Halloween Royal Icing but they are BG but worse

Reason why: Saberlot have 30, so a 50 CE would unlock 50 30 20 insta NP combo. A 20 would allow him to use full Waver without wasting any damage and battery marks. 

Honestly Another Ending is kinda overrated. Rarely is there a situation where you need its damage at the same time that NP acceleration won't get better value in the longer run. I can see it being useful in a very speciifc situation where you start a fight crit bursting and then using AO to break past the next bars but oftentimes the optmization needed to achieve that would make Sumo also break through

9 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Are Sumo and Golden Carp suitable for longer fights? Even though he’s a primarily a damage dealer, Saberlot being an Arts Saber means he would fit well in Arts stall team(even though he has no defensive skills) so I can him working in a long fight with Tamamo and Jeanne. Or is he better with Crit Arts supports like CasGil or Sherlock?

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Are Sumo and Golden Carp suitable for longer fights? Even though he’s a primarily a damage dealer, Saberlot being an Arts Saber means he would fit well in Arts stall team(even though he has no defensive skills) so I can him working in a long fight with Tamamo and Jeanne. Or is he better with Crit Arts supports like CasGil or Sherlock?

Saberlot is in weird place where on paper his best support is actually Merlin to the point that i would say he have literally everything that a servant that would fit the criteria of "perfect Merlin servant" looks like. But you are "forced" to use Tamamo because in the end Tamamo is his best damage support(due to boosting NP and NP > everything). Caster Gil can situationally become an even stronger damage support for Saberlot until Tamamo 2019 buff if you pop his NP for the def debuff, and his baseline power isn't even much lower than Tama to begin with

My most used Saberlot team framework is just a throw the broken shit team 101 and it happen to be the strongest version for most situation. Its Waver + Tamamo with a touch of Plugsuited Merlin with BG or Sumo to adjust how much damage i need. Sometimes i add GGPG Waver, or GGPG CasGil to push the damage further. Tamamo with Waver/Merlin covers 90% of cases if were talking optimal. If were talking less optimal, Jannu/Mash etc is cool. Interesing interaction Saberlot had outside those generic options are Saint George where Saberlot didn't give a single fuck about his Crit Weight, and Julius Caesar who is basically just Waver but weaker. Although in this day and age Caesar + Saberlot isn't as good as it was back then

Regarding how he "fits in arts" I would say when say compared to Tajima the God(who is arguably the go-to Arts "stally" saber), the core difference is Saberlot have 3 more stable turns with both card and NP damage - before he goes back to Arts stall while bringing absurdly high crit consistency. Tajima would drop his combo, get an NP, which ensures another NP with noticably lower damage and much less consistency past turn 1-2.  After which, you go back to Arts stall. Obviously Tajima make it easier to weather the damage during your downtime which is why hes often seen as the superior servant.

I kinda dislike Tama Jeanne because Tama feels like a deadweight in that set up, and i'd rather run Merlin who is generally the best arts stall servant in the game, but Saberlot fits in there by bringing stars. You could probably get some nice crit consistency by forgoing EAM in favor of stacking EAM + Revelation

Honestly its kind of a weird question because i kinda see EVERYTHING as Arts stall. This is because the way FGO mechanic works, regardless of your team, the most optimal gameplay style is to pop skill, do burst damage and then Arts spam. Nothing else is even close as good as that gameplan. Jalter is an arts stall. Ozy is an Arts stall. Skadi really is still an Arts stall. Hell i used Heracles for a good chunk of Nerofest and to be perfectly honest even Heracles is played in Arts stall.

Golden Carp, is often more for short quick farming esque run - this is only if you ever do casual farming(where your primary farming tool is UNGA BUNGA BUSTER LEAD), where you some star manip to get extra crit in and the battery to do NP.  In more CQ based run as nuts noted its only used if your sure you can do a quick break bar burst using a good card pull and Hero Creation.

Golden Sumo is suitable for longer fight, so is BG. Even in Longer fight being able to dropkick a 50-30-20 combo is ridiculously good. Both Golden Sumo and BG works by adding 1 extra NP, Golden Sumo by making your first NP faster, BG by making each cast of NP being double the power. NP is the strongest thing in the game so nothing else compares. The longer the fight goes the more extra NP BG gives you, and most CE really didn't make up for the +1 faster Np advantage Sumo gave you.

To make this clearer the reason why Golden Sumo is better is both because you get NP acceleration and because the alternative option isn't even that good for damage comparison.

Golden Sumo Waver would give you 1.45 ATK x 2 CRIT = 2.9 damage output

Another ending would give you 1.3 x 2.25 x 1.15 = 3.4 or so damage output

So the difference between the two is (less than but close to) 20% where the starting Np boost is a stronger value than that in its own right

So, I’m currently in the middle of Camelot and I gotta say... it is becoming a real drag. This place is just bull and I hear that everything after just get worse and worse. I really only play for the events but many of them are requiring the completion of Solomon. Should I just give up on the story and only worry about getting past Solomon or should I just keep punching myself and try to do shinjuku and the others?

I think Camelot is around the point where the game expects you to have a well rounded box of max leveled and decently high skilled 4* and 5*s? Mash definitely gets upgraded to the point where she's comparable to a 5* support, anyway.

If you don't have enough Servants to consistently field a bunch of class advantaged units then the difficulty might be a resource issue.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4KG6D6j8MhbzKaY9tdLhwA/videos

The guy above does FGO with only bronze servants, so if you're having issues maybe take a look at the stuff he does. Although I should mention that for the harder fights he does have to redo the fights a ton for good RNG. (I should also mention that I haven't actually watched his videos, but they're all bronze + it looks like they cover most of FGO.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4KG6D6j8MhbzKaY9tdLhwA/playlists

That's the link to his playlists and you can see whatever story chapters you're having issues with.

Edit: And mind I think he does a ton of tries for the harder fights for good RNG. That said, he's doing videos and you're not so you should have better options for RNG manipulation since you can just exit the app, go back in, and get sent back to the last skill/command seal you used.

(An enemy servant doing an NP guage skill when you weren't expecting one and then wiping your team would be a good time to do a reset, for example, if you're fine with that kind of thing.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

So, I’m currently in the middle of Camelot and I gotta say... it is becoming a real drag. This place is just bull and I hear that everything after just get worse and worse. I really only play for the events but many of them are requiring the completion of Solomon. Should I just give up on the story and only worry about getting past Solomon or should I just keep punching myself and try to do shinjuku and the others?

Part I is doable pretty much entirely with a Bond CE Herc off support.  

EoR isn't required for anything, but lostbelts are, I believe the current last required for something Lostbelt is 3, which is needed for Enmatei about a month after it released and Ooku a few months after it released.  

A strategy isn’t what I need, I mean that I honestly  just don’t enjoy hard for the sake of hard that Camelot is doing. The story fights are just a boring slog that isn’t fun. So my point is should I keep caring after Solomon or not? I love the characters and overall gameplay style but enemies with pumped stats and huge health pools that can hit me for more then a can hit them isn’t fun

Ah that's fair. Personally I haven't had a problem with story fights since they go pretty fast for me.

Do you have good farming servants? Because waveclear makes them go a lot faster. I think Camelot was when I started using Arash a fair amount, since he explodes people and then brings in a fresh servant.

The only story fight I’ve lost so far was Gawain round 2 and that was because I forgot to change my backline, got him down to 29K before getting wiped. I really wanted to do the BB event and This last Christmas one but I had just started Camelot.

I don’t mind the filler fights, 3 waves of 3 mooks I’m okay with that. It’s the fights with Gawain and the rest of the round table that are just awful. I don’t have the best setups but, for someone who wasn’t looking everything up, my teams have done fine... but it really feels like the game switchs over to “MMO ideals mode” late Unum. 

Edited by ciphertul

For what it's worth, I feel like the fights after Camelot aren't that much harder than Camelot. (They actually got easier for me, but that's because I was steadily picking up more and more Servants---since you're catching up on the story your Servant pool probably won't change much, though, so it'll get a bit harder.)

Oh and you might want to spoil yourself on dialogue choices, there's a few that change the difficulty of story fights in Babylonia, IRRC.

Gramps is back on JP and he got a skill strengthening!

Battle Continuation EX —> Abyss of Death EX -Self guts for 1 time, 5 turn -Grant self Abyss of Death status, 30% Buster performance, 5 turns (max) -When revive through guts, Abyss of Death status remove, gain 20NP and 50% Buster performance, 1 turn (fixed)

That’s a pretty interesting skill and a potential 5 turn Buster buff could be insane especially with Gramps’s Buster deck. It looks great for solos.

Edited by Water Mage

My caveman farming really hammered in how much worse Golden Rule is compared to a mana battery. : (

Every time I click Journey of Flowers I'm like 'why can't you be Mana Tuning.'

And, surprisingly, the most important NP isn't the AoE ones, those barely save anytime (any turns saved comes from turns lost from clicking blue cards rather than red cards). It's actually the single target NP that kills the last boss with gigantic piles of hp that matters. *shrug*

18 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

My caveman farming really hammered in how much worse Golden Rule is compared to a mana battery. : (

Every time I click Journey of Flowers I'm like 'why can't you be Mana Tuning.'

And, surprisingly, the most important NP isn't the AoE ones, those barely save anytime (any turns saved comes from turns lost from clicking blue cards rather than red cards). It's actually the single target NP that kills the last boss with gigantic piles of hp that matters. *shrug*

I'm also under that mindset

People call me insane for saying Saberlot is the amongst the peak best farming servant in the game but when you do that kind of playstyle you realized how insanely good he is for it. AA will hyperstomp it though

The Jack animation update though...ugh, she looks to tall.

Changing the subject, for those that play JP any gameplay tips for the first Lostbelt? Any particular boss we should watch out for? The only one I have some of how it works is the final Anastasia battle. I have good Riders, like Ozy and Kintoki to deal with her, the only problem is her Ignore Invulnerable she can active before her NP. It’s gonna be a pain to deal with.

I never thought in a million years that a collab with a spinoff that I never even heard of until now would get precedence over Tsukihime or Hollow Fragments. So much for 2k20 being the year of ending memes instead of prolonging them. 

18 hours ago, Silverly said:

I never thought in a million years that a collab with a spinoff that I never even heard of until now would get precedence over Tsukihime or Hollow Fragments. So much for 2k20 being the year of ending memes instead of prolonging them. 

I don't have any hope for the Tsukihime remake. It was announced what, 8 years ago? I want it, but I can't see it happening.