Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Got all of the gold Fous, so I'm not too worried about the rest of the ladder now. I probably overshot a bit, but I can't be assed to look up how much Altrium the daily quests give and properly calculate the exact amount of runs I need to do.

Kind of hope they release Anastasia a bit early, but I guess I don't care too much either way.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 buffs to coincide with the Apocrypha event.  Mordred  got a buster crit absob alongside with crit boost to replace her Instinct. At this point she is a more common Siqurd. I'll be shocked if saber illly gets an instinct buff soon.

Vlad has 2 guts with a np gain boost. Good for the odd man zerker. Soon vanilla guts will be improved on? I'm okay with that.

Amakusa has a targetable NP gain buff. Solid for him and other teammates. Shame that nonremovable buffs weakens his np.

Hopefully there will be a part 2 to the strengthening for the other Apocrypha servants, quite a lot of them.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

3 buffs to coincide with the Apocrypha event.  Mordred  got a buster crit absob alongside with crit boost to replace her Instinct. At this point she is a more common Siqurd. I'll be shocked if saber illly gets an instinct buff soon.

Vlad has 2 guts with a np gain boost. Good for the odd man zerker. Soon vanilla guts will be improved on? I'm okay with that.

Amakusa has a targetable NP gain buff. Solid for him and other teammates. Shame that nonremovable buffs weakens his np.

Hopefully there will be a part 2 to the strengthening for the other Apocrypha servants, quite a lot of them.

Mordred’s buff is kinda interesting, though I think the star bomb should give her more stars. Buster star gather is good, but I feel like she still depends on support to get crits. It would have been an amazing buff if Mordred had a gorilla deck.

Edited by Water Mage

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Every collab rerun that gets strengthenings part of me becomes sadder nothing of the sort was done for the Zero rerun.  Lancer Diarmuid and both Gilles still need strengthenings desperately, Iskandar still did when the rerun happened...  Berserker Lancelot could also do with a NP interlude since he's currently pretty reliant on whale strats and np levels...  

That aside, good for my boy Amakusa getting a strengthening.  It's... not really what he needed though.  Amakusa's already really good at charging his NP as Baptism Rite is one of the best NP charge skills in the entire game in longer fights.  I either would have given him a damage buff of some kind or (preferably, but this might seem too broken) given him a special buff to ignore unremovability of buffs for 1 turn.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Every collab rerun that gets strengthenings part of me becomes sadder nothing of the sort was done for the Zero rerun.

This is only the second collab rerun that has had strengthening quests as part of it.  Prisma Illya and KnK, didn't have strengthenings with their reruns either, though all 4 of the collabs that have been rerun (including Zero) had an additional new servant added during the rerun, which Apocrypha does not.  The Shiki strengthening quests were part of the celebration for them being released on FGO Arcade, not part of a rerun of their event. 

The closest thing to a collab rerun getting strengthening quests before this was CCC rerunning immediately after the tenth set of Strengthening quests finished releasing, as 3 CCC related servants got buffed then.  That wasn't even half of the quests released in that batch, and one of those related Servants was Anderson who isn't even part of the CCC event proper.

Edit:  I guess I'm wrong about this being the first time actually, since CCC rerun had a single Nero strengthening quest.  That's still only one out of 4 reruns prior to this that had a SQ, and Apocrypha rerun still doesn't seem to be adding a new Servant.  It's still odd to complain specifically about collab reruns doing it at this point, given that over half of them didn't so far.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

This is only the second collab rerun that has had strengthening quests as part of it.  Prisma Illya and KnK, didn't have strengthenings with their reruns either, though all 4 of the collabs that have been rerun (including Zero) had an additional new servant added during the rerun, which Apocrypha does not.  The Shiki strengthening quests were part of the celebration for them being released on FGO Arcade, not part of a rerun of their event. 

The closest thing to a collab rerun getting strengthening quests before this was CCC rerunning immediately after the tenth set of Strengthening quests finished releasing, as 3 CCC related servants got buffed then.  That wasn't even half of the quests released in that batch, and one of those related Servants was Anderson who isn't even part of the CCC event proper.

Edit:  I guess I'm wrong about this being the first time actually, since CCC rerun had a single Nero strengthening quest.  That's still only one out of 4 reruns prior to this that had a SQ, and Apocrypha rerun still doesn't seem to be adding a new Servant.  It's still odd to complain specifically about collab reruns doing it at this point, given that over half of them didn't so far.

That's fair, I'm mostly just really frustrated that Lancer Diarmuid still has not been given a third skill (or in most situations, a second skill).  I feel like the most of Zero crew aside from like Waver and maybe Gil could use the help to varying degrees, so.

I feel like Saber Astolfo may have been intended for this event but got pushed up to Christmas for whatever reason.  Though there's still room to have a surprise part II banner as Jeanne and Karna are mysteriously lacking in rate ups.  

Personally I like Mordred's new instinct a lot from a power perspective, but not at all from a design perspective.

Mordred only has 2 Busters, so it basically guarantees that she'll use at least one of them very productively in a draw cycle, and in the uncommon case where she draws them both in a single turn (should be around 1 - (13/14 * 12/13), or about 14% of the time, if I'm doing my math right), 15 stars gives decent odds of both of them landing crits. It's basically as good as it gets for a crit skill, you get 50% crit, star draw (tied to the best damage face card), and even stars on top, which is strong and well balanced.

From a design perspective, though, it's better to have servants that are very strong but also unbalanced rather than servants that are strong and balanced.* Waver belongs in the strong and balanced camp, which is pretty much why you can stuff him into pretty much anything. It makes for boring team building.

*Balanced in the sense that they have everything they need, i.e., self-sufficient, not balanced in the sense that they're 'fair.'

The rest of Mordred's kit is still a bit 'meh' by my standards, so she isn't crazy strong or anything, and the rest of her kit isn't very self-sufficient, either, so I can see why they gave her a skill that's pretty much an entire kit by itself (except toned down), but I don't like that kind of skill design.

Edit: Oh wow, Anastasia already out. Ugh... not sure if I want to drop the money to NP5 Atalanta Alter right now, but she won't get a rate up after this one, as far as I know.

: S

Edited by DehNutCase

That feeling when Asterios casually one-shots Jeanne from full hp.

-_-

(Jeanne has 18k hp)

Fights have been relatively easy despite that, though, since you get 6 slots and they're not making you chew through both break bars most of the time. But it still feels like it's about time to swap to a serious team rather than keep using my bond farming one.

Edit: Oh wow the golem makes it feel like you're playing with triple Waver, that's some dope ass stuff.

Double Edit: Anastasia hits like a paper towel... and the tree is about as dangerous as a RL tree (branches can fall on you, but you're probably fine).

Edited by DehNutCase

On 3/26/2020 at 10:19 PM, DehNutCase said:

Oh wow, Anastasia already out. Ugh... not sure if I want to drop the money to NP5 Atalanta Alter right now, but she won't get a rate up after this one, as far as I know.

: S

Why NP5? I went for NP2 (well NP3 thanks to the ticket from yesterday's login) and I don't plan to spend more money on that banner since she can spook. There are 4* tickets aswell and the benefit from further NP levels is negligible? I wouldn't go for NP5 on 4* stars at least.

On Anastasia (LB1):

Spoiler

Extremely underwhelming, story and difficulty wise. Every single remnant had more challenging fights and many bosses in Anastasia had (almost) no build-up. It felt like they tried to fit too much stuff in at the end (many boss fights, the while Atalante betrayal was over 2 minutes later, Salieri needed way more screentime etc).

Edited by Shahrivar

2 hours ago, Shahrivar said:

Why NP5? I went for NP2 (well NP3 thanks to the ticket from yesterday's login) and I don't plan to spend more money on that banner since she can spook. There are 4* tickets aswell and the benefit from further NP levels is negligible? I wouldn't go for NP5 on 4* stars at least.

On Anastasia (LB1):

Reveal hidden contents

Extremely underwhelming, story and difficulty wise. Every single remnant had more challenging fights and many bosses in Anastasia had (almost) no build-up. It felt like they tried to fit too much stuff in at the end (many boss fights, the while Atalante betrayal was over 2 minutes later, Salieri needed way more screentime etc).

Mostly just because I like her art. That is, I was thinking about NP5 because of reasons other than performance. Not that Atalanta Alter's bad, mind.

Regarding 4* tickets, I tend to value them more than any given 4*, unless they're limited 4*s that you can't get via tickets. I also don't consider spooks when considering how many copies of a servant I go for.

Plus it's not like I dislike Anastasia, who's on the banner with Atalanta.

Edited by DehNutCase

On 3/26/2020 at 2:19 PM, DehNutCase said:

Oh wow, Anastasia already out. Ugh... not sure if I want to drop the money to NP5 Atalanta Alter right now, but she won't get a rate up after this one, as far as I know.

The current Apocrypha rerun has her on rate-up with the other Apocrypha related 4 stars, and she also had a solo rate-up during 4th anniversary on Anastasia's day for that campaign.

So she's not super common, but she does have a few more by now.  You'll just be waiting a while.

@Shahrivar Really? Anastasia was underwhelming? We must not have read the same story. I’d say that while I wasn’t as attached to the newcomers as I was in previous stories (Ivan and Salieri as you mentioned were particularly underutilized), the story has some of the best world-building I’ve seen in FGO and there some very strong individual character moments like Kadoc/Anastasia’s relationship (I ship em hard), 

Spoiler

Salieri’s confrontation with Mozart, the fight with Ivan in his beast form was particularly well done, Paxti and his development throughout the story, and in general there was a lot of emotional beats that genuinely struck a chord. 

I was initially skeptical considering how, say, Shimousa was overhyped. However, this one genuinely lived up to the praise the JP players gave it, at least in my eyes. I thought this was a solid start to the Lostbelt saga.

21 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Mostly just because I like her art. That is, I was thinking about NP5 because of reasons other than performance. Not that Atalanta Alter's bad, mind.

Regarding 4* tickets, I tend to value them more than any given 4*, unless they're limited 4*s that you can't get via tickets. I also don't consider spooks when considering how many copies of a servant I go for.

Plus it's not like I dislike Anastasia, who's on the banner with Atalanta.

She IS great, but it doesn't seem like she's a specific favorite or something and gameplay wise NP2->5 doesn't offer an big improvement. I would go for her, just not NP5. Doesn't seem worth it.

3 hours ago, Silverly said:

@Shahrivar Really? Anastasia was underwhelming? We must not have read the same story. I’d say that while I wasn’t as attached to the newcomers as I was in previous stories (Ivan and Salieri as you mentioned were particularly underutilized), the story has some of the best world-building I’ve seen in FGO and there some very strong individual character moments like Kadoc/Anastasia’s relationship (I ship em hard), 

Reveal hidden contents

Salieri’s confrontation with Mozart, the fight with Ivan in his beast form was particularly well done, Paxti and his development throughout the story, and in general there was a lot of emotional beats that genuinely struck a chord. 

I was initially skeptical considering how, say, Shimousa was overhyped. However, this one genuinely lived up to the praise the JP players gave it, at least in my eyes. I thought this was a solid start to the Lostbelt saga.

Spoiler

I can agree that the world-building was pretty good - but besides that? The whole Kadoc/Anastasia relationship felt generic and me disliking Kadoc surely didn't help. The whole revelation at the end (everybody in the LB will disappear) felt weak as it was to be expected/predictable and even Gudako shouldn't have acted so surprised.

Shimosa was indeed overhyped (just how Agartha didn't deserve the hate), but that's mostly because of the Japanese setting and featuring one of the most famous (Japanese again) swordsman. It's reasonable that the japanese would hold this scenario in high regard. Still it had pretty though boss fights and interesting new "mechanics" (the duels, forced story support in the front), which mad it enjoyable (but the worst remnant for me).

Edited by Shahrivar

I've been considering grailing Sieg for a while, earlier today I remembered "Hm, he has double EXP right now.  If I want to grail him, now would be the best time to do so.  It's not like I'm doing anything else with those grails."

Spoiler

0cqGx2w.png

#WorthIt, as someone who actually likes the guy.

Yesterday i completed the first lostbelt. I thought it was a strong introduction to the new arc alongside of being one of FGO best chapters. Da Vinci and Abigail were rather helpful. 5th Lostbelt coming up soon; from anime logic I expected the leader Kirschtaria  to be the final boss. Not to be fought as number 5.

21 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I've been considering grailing Sieg for a while, earlier today I remembered "Hm, he has double EXP right now.  If I want to grail him, now would be the best time to do so.  It's not like I'm doing anything else with those grails."

Hide contents

0cqGx2w.png

#WorthIt, as someone who actually likes the guy.

It’s kinda ironic how Sieg is the better AoE Arts Caster compared to Anastasia who currently is on a banner in NA. In terms of gameplay, there’s little reason to pull for her when Sieg is coming so soon.

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

It’s kinda ironic how Sieg is the better AoE Arts Caster compared to Anastasia who currently is on a banner in NA. In terms of gameplay, there’s little reason to pull for her when Sieg is coming so soon.

Sieg is so good.  He loops with so little support needed.  

Definitely one of the better AoE welfares imo.  People undersell him for the low attack sometimes but that doesn't stop him from being very useful in farm comps, sometimes even against non-Assassins.  Mine on JP is currently like 90k bond away from 11 just because he's so key to my farm comps there.

Bear in mind Anastasia has a debuff resistance down effect on her Mana Burst & a stun stapled to her NP battery. Her kit is actually pretty amazing. It's a bit hard to use, but it's pretty well-rounded for everything you might want to use her for.

For me, Sieg has the slight issue where he's competing against Nitocris as a farming caster, and it's pretty hard to beat High Speed Divine Words when it comes to spamming NPs. He's still good, though, especially if you happen to be farming dragons and Instant Kill the ability to proc instant kills isn't a factor.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Bear in mind Anastasia has a debuff resistance down effect on her Mana Burst & a stun stapled to her NP battery. Her kit is actually pretty amazing. It's a bit hard to use, but it's pretty well-rounded for everything you might want to use her for.

For me, Sieg has the slight issue where he's competing against Nitocris as a farming caster, and it's pretty hard to beat High Speed Divine Words when it comes to spamming NPs. He's still good, though, especially if you happen to be farming dragons and Instant Kill the ability to proc instant kills isn't a factor.

Not saying Sieg is better than Niticris, but as a guaranteed NP5 he’s very reliable. And there’s the chance of Instant Kill not working which can mess up farming. I mean Nitocris is still the best farmer Caster overall, even better than some SSRs, but Sieg is still a valuable addition. While I do think Anastasia has a pretty good kit, I still think Sieg’s NP5 and NP looping are better.

In my attempt to get Ivan with 120 sq my highlight are: Ivan, Fionn, 2nd copy of Ibaraki, final copy to mlb Prisma Cosmos, 2 copies of Limited/Zero Over, 2nd copy of Another Ending.

Happy I got Ivan with the amount that I have, needed a 5* aoe rider. Ibaraki being np2 is solid, a zerker with a harder hitting np was missing for me. mlb Prisma Cosmos good for slower fight with supports. Next on my saving list, lancer Rakiou and caster Nero. 

Finally done with Gunpowder farming for Nyalter. Now only 216 left for Anastasia -.- In addition to 190 Void Dust.. at least my Apples finally have a use.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:36 AM, DehNutCase said:

A better battery and charisma aswell. Sieg certainly isn't bad, but one shouldn't undersell 5* in general (even Arjuna had his uses, he served me well for 3 turn farming).

I kinda fell on the trap and threw a few quartz on Anastasia, I got NP2 Avicebron and Mordred. She's my first SSR Saber and her mats are stuff I have plenty of and with the recent costume she got on JP and the Apocrypha event coming soon that's a partial win...but it's not like I'm going to use her all that much when I have my level 100 Suzuka.

I know none of you wanna hear me bitching but, I’ve really hit the edge on Fate. It’s to the point where I just get my login bonus and quit. I haven’t gotten any new characters in 5 events and missed 3 out of 4 of the characters I wanted more than anything. I play for fun and do enjoy the gameplay but it really feels like the game is just hating me right now. Any support or suggestions?

8 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I know none of you wanna hear me bitching but, I’ve really hit the edge on Fate. It’s to the point where I just get my login bonus and quit. I haven’t gotten any new characters in 5 events and missed 3 out of 4 of the characters I wanted more than anything. I play for fun and do enjoy the gameplay but it really feels like the game is just hating me right now. Any support or suggestions?

If that's the case, you're probably best just taking a break.  No reason to play if you find it frustrating right now.

-----

In JP news, I find it amusing that Dioscuri being added as a Saber means that technically Rowan and Lianna were added to FGO before they were added to FEH.  They have similar designs, and they share VAs.