Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

10 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I know none of you wanna hear me bitching but, I’ve really hit the edge on Fate. It’s to the point where I just get my login bonus and quit. I haven’t gotten any new characters in 5 events and missed 3 out of 4 of the characters I wanted more than anything. I play for fun and do enjoy the gameplay but it really feels like the game is just hating me right now. Any support or suggestions?

Been there aswell friend. Honestly, no harm in taking a break or just doing the log ins for the SQ in the long run. Let a few big stories pile up and get back to enjoy the game later down teh road. Or just drop it altogether

My reality check was tossing 700sq trying to get Saber Empireo, after some minor failures aswell. Sometimes a break is important =]

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm on break mode too from FGO. I mostly just log in and that's it.

Most of it is because I'm playing other games or doing other things, I'm finding "time-exclusive events" to be more and more of a turnoff for me. I want to farm on my own time and not be forced to farm for efficiency when the game tells me to.

I love the characters and story of FGO, but the time aspect is still killing me. The gacha elements hasn't really hit me hard yet despite wanting King Hassan and Eresh (and failing to get either), as well as losing out on Summer Ishtar, but it is what it is. I have yet to go back and finish the Babylon anime even though I was on EP 16 or so...

Yeah the gacha rates are really harsh. If you're on the wrong side of the bell curve then the 1% (really .7%) is going to ruin your life. And the 4* gacha rates  (1.5%) aren't much better than 5*s if you're gunning for someone specific, it's brutal.

Part of why I don't mind the gacha as much is because I can find pretty much anyone on my friend's list, so if I ever wanted to try a servant I can just grab them as a support.

I guess it also helps that I don't actually have a lot of servants that I consider 'must haves,' even though I have a lot of servants that I'd like to have. In this coming year, for example, I think only Skadi would make the 'must have' list (I guess Archuria might also count, if a fifth copy of a 5* could count as a 'must have'). There's a ton more servants I'd like to have, and I'd be really happy to get them, but I wouldn't be that sad if I missed them.

The new Servants were release and here their stats and skills:

Dioscuri

Stats:
Lv 90: HP 14824, ATK 11840
3rd highest HP out of Sabers, tied with Nero Bride. 6th highest ATK out of Sabers

Internals:

QQAAB, A Noble Phantasm

Q-5, A-4, B-2, E-5 hitcounts

NP gain: 0.51

Passives:

Magic Resistance A: Increase debuff resistance by 20%

Riding: Increase Quick Card performance by 8%

Mad Enhancement B-: Increase Buster Card performance by 7% maybe, I’m told B-  rank is new so they’re just assuming

Avenger B: Increase own NP gen rate when taking damage by 18%. Reduce party’s debuff resistance by 8% except self

Oblivion Correction: Increase crit damage by 6%

Self Replenishment (Magic) :Charge own NP gauge by 3% every turn

Double God Double Core?: Increase own damage by 225, increase own NP Gain/Star Gen by 5%, does have the symbol for the Divinity passive

Skills:

1: Generate 5%-10% NP Gauge when using Quick Cards (3 turns). Generates 5-10 Crit stars when using Arts Cards (3-Turns). 8-6 CD

2: Teamwide 10%-15% NP damage buff (1 turn), 10%-15% ATK buff (1 turn), and debuff immunity (1 time, 3 turns). 7-5 CD

3: Increase own Quick/Arts performance by 10%-20% (3 turns), Grants self evasion (1 turn). 8-6 CD

NP:

8 Hits

Grants self Ignore Invincibility

Ignores defense

Applies Quick/Arts card resistance debuff (10% -30%) scaling with overcharge

Caenis

Stats:
LV 80: HP 11532, ATK 9896
3rd lowest HP out of 4* Lancers, 2nd highest ATK out of 4* Lancers

QQABB, B Noble Phantasm

Q-3, A-3, B-3, E-5 hitcounts

NP gain: 0.86

Passives:

Magic Resistance : Increase own debuff resistance by 15%

Mad Enhancement Ex: Increase own Buster Card performance by 12%

Poseidon’s Core?: Increase own damage by 225, Increase own Arts Card performance by 8%, does have the symbol for the Divinity passive

Skills:

1: Increases own Atk 20%-40% (2 turns). 7-5 CD

2: Increase own ATK 10%-20% (1 turn) when normal attacking and decrease enemy ATK by 10% (1 turn) when normal attacking (3 Attacks, 3 turns). 7-5 CD

3: 2000-3000 damage cut (3 times, 3 turns) and Guts 1000-3000 (1 time, 3 turns). 8-6 CD

NP:

3 hits

Increase NP damage by 10%-30% (Scaling with overcharge)

Grants 50% crit damage buff

Gotta say the twins look impressive but Caenis seems really mediocre.

Edited by Water Mage

Surprise LB servant spoilers

Spoiler

God Roma's kit is hilarious.

Literally just turns everything into ROMA.  Allies, enemies, everyone.  Then the NP is just spawns a golden sparkly Rome. 

I love all of it.

For the upcoming lostbelt:

Spoiler

Wonder if lb 6 will be in several parts? I assume not due to that timeline is falling apart.

I really hope that Musashi isn't the grand saber dual-wielding both versions of Excalibur or some nonsense like that.  The writers or Nasu really want to wank her as the best saber, having a big moment in a good amount of the lost belts. At this point feel that she steals other people's potential thunder. Don't wish to see Nero 2.0

On 4/9/2020 at 4:57 AM, DehNutCase said:

Yeah the gacha rates are really harsh. If you're on the wrong side of the bell curve then the 1% (really .7%) is going to ruin your life. And the 4* gacha rates  (1.5%) aren't much better than 5*s if you're gunning for someone specific, it's brutal.

In most cases it's easier for me to get the SSR than the SR on a banner. Like the LB1 one - got Anastasia 3 times before getting a second cat. But yeah, the rates are harsh. I won't forget the 1000 SQ I spend on the last Brynhildr banner and not getting her.

Finished LB5

Worth the wait, its easilly the best LB so far, and the generally the best singularity experience in terms of gameplay

Theres one bossfight thats hilariously terrible, and is likely taking the spot as the worst fight in the game by a massive landslide but it didn't really change the other stuff being great

I'm beginning to think that maybe I shouldn't run completely jank teams to maximize drops.

Double Stheno + a 4* is kind of painful to run when your CEs basically don't do anything. (I've tried taking a support Mordred too, but Stheno is actually better, thanks to the Scathach node having so many dragons in it.)

On the plus side, as long as that 4* is OG Nero there's basically no risk of losing the map, it just takes a damn long time to grind everything down. (I can't run +6 lotus since I don't actually have 5 servants that give additional lotus drops & the 5* ones can't fit into the team due to cost limits anyway.)

Edit: The best part about running support Stheno is that you don't have to take it from your friend's list. Stheno doesn't have an NP anyway.

Edited by DehNutCase

Ah JttW always hurts my soul! 45 tickets got me a 2nd copy of Mr Fister. All in all, 900sq + 90 tickets on solo rate up and got 0 rate up SSRs on both JttW runs! Noice!

The event is much better with prior CE and a much stronger account aswell, just breezing through. Already done with the 1st part shop since I dont need that much stuff

On 4/13/2020 at 2:08 AM, QKumber said:

Ah JttW always hurts my soul! 45 tickets got me a 2nd copy of Mr Fister. All in all, 900sq + 90 tickets on solo rate up and got 0 rate up SSRs on both JttW runs! Noice!

The event is much better with prior CE and a much stronger account aswell, just breezing through. Already done with the 1st part shop since I dont need that much stuff

Damn that hurts. This won't help you, but I also wasted over 1000 SQ in the last gilfest banner without the rate-up SSR  That's gacha for you.

While I'm done with farming since a week, I still dislike this event. Too many different currencies and the only event where I skipped the story in the first run already. For some reason I can't stand Sanzang.

3 hours ago, Shahrivar said:

Damn that hurts. This won't help you, but I also wasted over 1000 SQ in the last gilfest banner without the rate-up SSR  That's gacha for you.

While I'm done with farming since a week, I still dislike this event. Too many different currencies and the only event where I skipped the story in the first run already. For some reason I can't stand Sanzang.

What? How come you don`t enjoy playing a node to get currency to play ANOTHER node for 4 diffent drops? It is so much FUN! 😛

Yeah this event blows. Way too many currencies (you know something is wrong you have to use two hands to count them), expensive prices, overall bad/unbalanced bonus servants, etc. Hot take, this is worse than Saber Wars by a mile. I heard Apoc is at least decent, so I’m looking forward to that.

My only issue with the raid quests is that the materials I want are mostly in the gold currency nodes, so I'll have a bunch of those left over, probably. On the plus side, gold currency trades to QP the best, so it's better than the materials being in silver or bronze.

Can't reliably 1TKO yet (need to draw face cards), but that'll change once I MLB the damage CE. (I can probably find a consistent 1TKO if I'm willing to plugsuit, but that's massive overkill.)

Farming raids is really relaxing, though, whether I'm trying to optimize or just grinding them down with jank.

And then, everyone playing JP obtained Waver.  

Because yes.  We finally got a free SSR ticket.  It's only non-limited non-storylocks released prior to Odysseus, but that's still amazing since Waver's in that pool.

Picking Waver for JP, will probably pick Tamamo when it comes to NA assuming she doesn't spook me by then.

I got Achilles and damn he’s good. One thing I noticed is that he is rather self-sufficient. Is it true that he’s one Quick Servants that least rely on Skadi? Not to say he doesn’t completely need her, he does, but compared to say, Berserk Lancelot and Dantes, Achilles doesn’t rely on her as much.

That sort of depends on what you're using him for. If you're farming with lazy ass jank teams and grinding things down with face cards he'll do a lot better than Dantes or Lancelot thanks to not being made of toilet paper + being better at controlling incoming damage, but for optimized farming comps he traded away good NP refill for that 30% battery.

Golden Rule (both Lancelot and Dantes effectively have 50% Golden Rules, assuming everyone NPs 3 times each, and their base refill is about double Achilles') isn't that great in general, especially compared to NP batteries, but in min-maxed comps refill becomes a bigger factor since NP batteries would be mostly used for refill purposes anyway. Achilles has issues on that front thanks to low natural numbers and his kit boosting them via Quick Up rather than Golden Rule. In that sense he probably depends more on Skadi than Lancelot or Dantes, since if you need more NP gauge Skadi is the one who gives the most, thanks to 50% battery & 50% Quick Up, whereas Waver only has 50% Battery, and Nero Bride has 30% Battery and 45% Golden Rule (if Achilles had better numbers for refill Bride would be great for him, since Golden Rule and Atk Up meshes better with his Quick Up heavy kit, but he doesn't). If you have refill to spare you're allowed to look at supports other than Skadi, but Achilles probably doesn't.

For CQs he doesn't really rely on Skadi, but the thing about Skadi is that she doesn't really help you survive CQs*, she just compresses the damage output of your team into a smaller number of turns. Because of how her teams work she can support servants that only add damage to a team, but Achilles isn't one of those servants thanks to his invul (meaning he can slow roll a CQ if he wanted/needed) and taunt (meaning he can handle single target NP turns). Rather than saying Achilles doesn't rely on Skadi for CQs it's better to say that Skadi lets you bring people who really have no business being in a CQ team into a CQ. In that sense she's exactly the Quick version of Merlin, though, since he also lets you bring people who only add damage into a team.

*Technically her NP does buy you one enemy NP turn, and the crit chance down on her 2nd skill means that you can pretty reliably see that NP turn, but getting to do that meant you spent her CE slot on filling her NP rather than generating crit stars or providing a taunt or whatever.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:43 AM, Water Mage said:

I got Achilles and damn he’s good. One thing I noticed is that he is rather self-sufficient. Is it true that he’s one Quick Servants that least rely on Skadi? Not to say he doesn’t completely need her, he does, but compared to say, Berserk Lancelot and Dantes, Achilles doesn’t rely on her as much.

Kinda he have the strongest kit for Quick servant(his kit is an almost 1:1 copy of Fionn) but consequently his numbers is weaker to he scales much worse

On 4/26/2020 at 6:28 PM, DehNutCase said:

That sort of depends on what you're using him for. If you're farming with lazy ass jank teams and grinding things down with face cards he'll do a lot better than Dantes or Lancelot thanks to not being made of toilet paper + being better at controlling incoming damage, but for optimized farming comps he traded away good NP refill for that 30% battery.

Golden Rule (both Lancelot and Dantes effectively have 50% Golden Rules, assuming everyone NPs 3 times each, and their base refill is about double Achilles') isn't that great in general, especially compared to NP batteries, but in min-maxed comps refill becomes a bigger factor since NP batteries would be mostly used for refill purposes anyway. Achilles has issues on that front thanks to low natural numbers and his kit boosting them via Quick Up rather than Golden Rule. In that sense he probably depends more on Skadi than Lancelot or Dantes, since if you need more NP gauge Skadi is the one who gives the most, thanks to 50% battery & 50% Quick Up, whereas Waver only has 50% Battery, and Nero Bride has 30% Battery and 45% Golden Rule (if Achilles had better numbers for refill Bride would be great for him, since Golden Rule and Atk Up meshes better with his Quick Up heavy kit, but he doesn't). If you have refill to spare you're allowed to look at supports other than Skadi, but Achilles probably doesn't.

For CQs he doesn't really rely on Skadi, but the thing about Skadi is that she doesn't really help you survive CQs*, she just compresses the damage output of your team into a smaller number of turns. Because of how her teams work she can support servants that only add damage to a team, but Achilles isn't one of those servants thanks to his invul (meaning he can slow roll a CQ if he wanted/needed) and taunt (meaning he can handle single target NP turns). Rather than saying Achilles doesn't rely on Skadi for CQs it's better to say that Skadi lets you bring people who really have no business being in a CQ team into a CQ. In that sense she's exactly the Quick version of Merlin, though, since he also lets you bring people who only add damage into a team.

*Technically her NP does buy you one enemy NP turn, and the crit chance down on her 2nd skill means that you can pretty reliably see that NP turn, but getting to do that meant you spent her CE slot on filling her NP rather than generating crit stars or providing a taunt or whatever.

Honestly its kinda exactly this he's kinda in the middle line between "Kintoki and Parvati" into "Zerkerlot"

Dantes kinda got buffed in between so he's.... in a weirdly good spot Skadi or not

I started playing FGO a few months ago.  I'm still a noob, but if anyone wants to be my friend, my ID is 005253296.

The only 5*s I have currently are Arthur, Drake, and Waver, but hopefully they can be useful.  If you do send a request, send me a PM, so I can give you priority over randoms.

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Welcome to FGO : )

I'll probably send you a request once someone on my friend's list goes inactive for a week.

Alrighty, thank you. What's your name on there?

@Rezzy This is hell you're walking into, but hop on aboard! I’ll send you a request myself (ign is Kris). What brought you to FGO btw? Was it word of mouth or being naturally curious of the Fate series?

Your 5*s are actually a very great start! Arthur is... merely serviceable, but Waver is a premier support servant while Drake is one of the best farmers. 

On 4/27/2020 at 4:59 PM, Rezzy said:

I started playing FGO a few months ago.  I'm still a noob, but if anyone wants to be my friend, my ID is 005253296.

The only 5*s I have currently are Arthur, Drake, and Waver, but hopefully they can be useful.  If you do send a request, send me a PM, so I can give you priority over randoms.

I’ll send a friend request to you as well! My name there is Luiz.