Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

The Okita banner took me by surprise! I have Mordred at NP2 but having a Quick Saber wouldn't be bad...is what I thought. 

I got a GGPG copy (very awesome CE, although I don't really now how to use it), NP2 Yuri Pirates and Zerker Nyanta.

The pirates are ehh now that Ridertoki is a thing, but I use them every now and again to recall the good ol' times when I was a newbie and they were my best Rider. 

As for the angry cat, her design is top tier but I'm already overloaded with Zerkers that I need to level up so she's going to stay in the bench for a good while. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

The Okita banner took me by surprise! I have Mordred at NP2 but having a Quick Saber wouldn't be bad...is what I thought. 

I got a GGPG copy (very awesome CE, although I don't really now how to use it), NP2 Yuri Pirates and Zerker Nyanta.

The pirates are ehh now that Ridertoki is a thing, but I use them every now and again to recall the good ol' times when I was a newbie and they were my best Rider. 

As for the angry cat, her design is top tier but I'm already overloaded with Zerkers that I need to level up so she's going to stay in the bench for a good while. 

GGPG is actually very simple once you realized that in FGO taunt is broken

The gist of the way you use it is you now have taunt on everyone you want, so this allows a lot of creative strategies to be built around where you can stack more buff than you normally have, or just generally get more value faster

For example, you want to run Merlin Tamamo DPS but team is too slow? Take GGPG waver, drop his buff, stagger his def buff to turn 3 to ensure he's dead and boom! now you accelerated the team's pacing while also getting an extra waver buff

The sky is the limit when it comes to how much you can use it

As for quick saber.... honestly Saber gacha right now is fucking dead in long term because of how stupid Julius Caesar is. Okita is good if you want advanced shenanigans, but its really hard to justify investing on Saber with him around. I actually expected the next round of SQ to be heavy on gold sabers since atm, a lot of sabers got heavilly humiliated by him

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Spent three 10 rolls on Poster Girl and snagged one on the third.  Now I can do more memes and help get rid of Mash without plugsuit when the game insists on bringing her with that defense buff and guts in Olympus.  

21 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Spent three 10 rolls on Poster Girl and snagged one on the third.  Now I can do more memes and help get rid of Mash without plugsuit when the game insists on bringing her with that defense buff and guts in Olympus.  

Forced Mash wouldn’t bother me if it was original Mash, but who the hell decided that it was a good idea to turn Mash into an offense based Servant?

7 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Forced Mash wouldn’t bother me if it was original Mash, but who the hell decided that it was a good idea to turn Mash into an offense based Servant?

Yeah OG Mash is really good, but LB Mash... My heart kinda broke when I saw her "buff" in Olympus.  Just make that skill targettable, that alone would have helped so much.  A Defense ignore doesn't help when Mash isn't an offensive servant to begin with.

It's even worse in the Zeus fight, where the one kind of useful thing LB Mash can do, have two taunts, is basically rendered utterly moot by the fact all the boss's attacks are AoE.  And you can't even plugsuit her out because there's a fight specific Mystic Code.  So she's just there, eating up space that could have gone to someone much more helpful, and likely dying slower than the more helpful non avengers you brought due to the story buffs to her defense.  Why

24 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah OG Mash is really good, but LB Mash... My heart kinda broke when I saw her "buff" in Olympus.  Just make that skill targettable, that alone would have helped so much.  A Defense ignore doesn't help when Mash isn't an offensive servant to begin with.

It's even worse in the Zeus fight, where the one kind of useful thing LB Mash can do, have two taunts, is basically rendered utterly moot by the fact all the boss's attacks are AoE.  And you can't even plugsuit her out because there's a fight specific Mystic Code.  So she's just there, eating up space that could have gone to someone much more helpful, and likely dying slower than the more helpful non avengers you brought due to the story buffs to her defense.  Why

That Zeus fight really baffles me. On one hand, the forced Romulus is really good and they gave him a skill to allow everyone to deal regular to Ruler enemies and on the other hand we have LB Mash who doesn’t contribute and doesn’t die easily. What even more infuriating is that if it was regular Mash that was forced it would have been perfect for this fight as she would help keep Romulus alive for his skill to deal normal damage to Rulers.

Edited by Water Mage

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

That Zeus fight really baffles me. On one hand, the forced Romulus is really good and they gave him a skill to allow everyone to deal regular to Ruler enemies and on the other hand we have LB Mash who doesn’t contribute and doesn’t die easily. What even more infuriating is that if it was regular Mash that was forced it would have been perfect for this fight as she would help keep Romulus alive for his skill to deal normal damage to Rulers.

At least Roma could be thrown in the backline in favor of a more suitable damage dealer (and from what I remember you still get the normal damage to rulers buff if you do this).  Mash has to be in the front, wasting that precious slot that could have gone to a real buffer.  Regular Mash would have been amazing to have instead with her better NP gain via skill 3, skill based teamwide defense buff, and targetted invincible + battery.  

Honestly, I'd love the Zeus fight and it'd be one of my favorite boss fights in the game if it just didn't force LB Mash.  The gimmick was legitimately cool, but Mash just made the whole thing much less fun.

12 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

At least Roma could be thrown in the backline in favor of a more suitable damage dealer (and from what I remember you still get the normal damage to rulers buff if you do this).  Mash has to be in the front, wasting that precious slot that could have gone to a real buffer.  Regular Mash would have been amazing to have instead with her better NP gain via skill 3, skill based teamwide defense buff, and targetted invincible + battery.  

Honestly, I'd love the Zeus fight and it'd be one of my favorite boss fights in the game if it just didn't force LB Mash.  The gimmick was legitimately cool, but Mash just made the whole thing much less fun.

This makes me fear for LB6. We’re definitely facing a Rhongo user in that LB if regular Lartoria has AoE Ignore Invincible, the new one’s NP could have it too. And if LB Mash is forced in fight against them it’s going to be hell since she contribute nothing.

23 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

This makes me fear for LB6. We’re definitely facing a Rhongo user in that LB if regular Lartoria has AoE Ignore Invincible, the new one’s NP could have it too. And if LB Mash is forced in fight against them it’s going to be hell since she contribute nothing.

At the very least, of the three Rhongomyniads we have currently only regular Lartoria has Ignore Invincible, Lalter and Gray don't.  

So long as regular attacks aren't AoE, LB Mash can slightly contribute by soaking up some damage, like in the Arjuna Alter fight in LB4.  But when all attacks hit your whole frontline regardless (Like Zeus) this strength is pretty useless.

15 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Ortenaus Mash is actually really good too because of 2 turn controllable timing taunt

I would agree that some forced cases in LB5 is dumb though. Orten mash actually humiliates Castor and Pollux, and Caenis had a hard time

Orten Mash also destroys Toilet paper

Zeus?

Fuck off

Also they give you roma who is useless too. Seriously i hate that fight.

21 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

GGPG is actually very simple once you realized that in FGO taunt is broken

The gist of the way you use it is you now have taunt on everyone you want, so this allows a lot of creative strategies to be built around where you can stack more buff than you normally have, or just generally get more value faster

For example, you want to run Merlin Tamamo DPS but team is too slow? Take GGPG waver, drop his buff, stagger his def buff to turn 3 to ensure he's dead and boom! now you accelerated the team's pacing while also getting an extra waver buff

The sky is the limit when it comes to how much you can use it

As for quick saber.... honestly Saber gacha right now is fucking dead in long term because of how stupid Julius Caesar is. Okita is good if you want advanced shenanigans, but its really hard to justify investing on Saber with him around. I actually expected the next round of SQ to be heavy on gold sabers since atm, a lot of sabers got heavilly humiliated by him

Sounds like having a support version of Arash to make my DPS go nuts fast. That's real nice, although I'm seriously lacking in supports because they hate me and I can only summon offensive servants so it's not like I'll be the most out of it. At the very least it'll help to make my stall team work slightly quicker by having Liz buff BB and then go "BOOM". 

Now that I think about it, that CE may be the key to allow me to use Raikou on gauntlet type CQs. She melts as fast as she can deal dmg, but having a buffer with this CE and then bringing Mash/Leonidas/Georgios from the backline is the same as having a 8~9 turn invincibility on Raikou (buff removal and AoE NPs aside). Heh, now I'm starting to like GGPG more. 

- - - - 

So, they announced the Engine update. I'm glad about the shorter load times, and I hope this will also make Lostbelt 1 bearable to play. I had to stop playing it halfway through because I couldn't stand the lag provoked by the eternal snowstorm (the game even freezed during a fight if I didn't put it in slow mode). 

Edited by Alexmender

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wodime

Oh.  Out of curiosity, where'd that nickname come from?  It seems pretty random.  I did read about a meme about him begging Daybit for help on reddit recently but that doesn't seem like it'd be related and it's the only Wodime meme I can think of.

13 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Oh.  Out of curiosity, where'd that nickname come from?  It seems pretty random.  I did read about a meme about him begging Daybit for help on reddit recently but that doesn't seem like it'd be related and it's the only Wodime meme I can think of.

unknown.png

The toilet paper refers to how "hes such a joke he hits like a toilet paper" and later evolves into "he wipes you like one!" due to the fight's ONLY threat being buffwipe

Once I finish out this event, I'm going to need to really power through the story to be able to do the next one

I don't know why, but I keep forgetting I have Semiramis when I build teams for farming. I always go looking for one of my 4* Assassins when it's a Rider node.

The bronze mat node is surprisingly pleasant to farm, with a damage CE and the 40% point CE it's fairly consistent to 3T with just face cards + a NP at the end (from someone with a battery).

Bought most of the things I wanted from the event shop already, so I'm probably just going to buyout the bronze currency mats, the exp embers, and stop farming the event. (Going to finish the points ladder before I finish farming bronze currency, so no issues there.)

Not sure how I feel about Divine Wine, Spirit Roots, and Lamp of Evil-Sealing being in shops so often. I have hundreds of the stuff, and it's not like they're used much either. On the plus side, it means I can skip farming for them without caring too much.

5 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Not sure how I feel about Divine Wine, Spirit Roots, and Lamp of Evil-Sealing being in shops so often. I have hundreds of the stuff, and it's not like they're used much either. On the plus side, it means I can skip farming for them without caring too much.

To be fair Divine Wines are a pain to farm, so I don’t mind them being in shops.

On 5/15/2020 at 3:30 AM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Ortenaus Mash is actually really good too because of 2 turn controllable timing taunt

I would agree that some forced cases in LB5 is dumb though. Orten mash actually humiliates Castor and Pollux, and Caenis had a hard time

Orten Mash also destroys Toilet paper

Zeus?

Fuck off

Also they give you roma who is useless too. Seriously i hate that fight.

I wouldn’t call Romulus useless in that fight. He can deal good damage with his roman trait niche so at least he’s not a sitting duck like Mash. Plus I believe you can put him in the backline, unlike Mash.

Edited by Water Mage

7 hours ago, Water Mage said:

To be fair Divine Wines are a pain to farm, so I don’t mind them being in shops.

I wouldn’t call Romulus useless in that fight. He can deal good damage with his roman trait niche so at least he’s not a sitting duck like Mash. Plus I believe you can put him in the backline, unlike Mash.

You can't. Hes a forced front

He's literally an instinct crit with mediocre AOE damage against ST fight. His Roman traits have to be applied on activation on 1 and its his damage enabler, of course it ended up being used on Pillar so hes a meh character when the time comes to burst the head

Seriously he's almost as garbage as Caenis in that fight. LIke i dont expect support servant to be as useful as LB5.1 Jojorion, but at least be as good as early LB5.2 Musashi

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You can't. Hes a forced front

He's literally an instinct crit with mediocre AOE damage against ST fight. His Roman traits have to be applied on activation on 1 and its his damage enabler, of course it ended up being used on Pillar so hes a meh character when the time comes to burst the head

Seriously he's almost as garbage as Caenis in that fight. LIke i dont expect support servant to be as useful as LB5.1 Jojorion, but at least be as good as early LB5.2 Musashi

...He's not forced front:

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

huh

nvm then

(not first time it happened i thought demeter forces you to run Mash lol)

If Demeter forced running Mash, I think I'd boil over with rage or something.  She's frustrating enough as it is, what with the overpowered skills and annoying first break effect and the forced Caenis, and like Zeus its a fight where Mash has no use at all.

So, I just got to

Spoiler

Gawain

in Camelot, and he completely walls my team.  I heard Euryle is good against him, but I don't have her built at all, and no real stockpile of XP or mats to build her up.  Does anyone have her built that I could borrow as a support?

This is the first time I've really run into something that I couldn't handle.

EDIT: I kept spamming refresh until one of my friends with Euryle came up and managed to beat it, not fun.

Edited by Rezzy

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

So, I just got to

Reveal hidden contents

Gawain

in Camelot, and he completely walls my team.  I heard Euryle is good against him, but I don't have her built at all, and no real stockpile of XP or mats to build her up.  Does anyone have her built that I could borrow as a support?

This is the first time I've really run into something that I couldn't handle.

EDIT: I kept spamming refresh until one of my friends with Euryle came up and managed to beat it, not fun.

I think any high level archer would completely destroy him? Would've been fine to just take the first single target 5* archer you saw, I think.

Gawain has 30% damage resistance according the wiki, so my Artoria should take off at least half his HP with a single NP. (Assuming Gawain has 500k hp.)

Edited by DehNutCase