Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Kogetsukan stuff (Not really spoilers, but it's my reasoning about the mystery):

Spoiler

If we go about it logically, the fact that Chris said "Ms. Ann may as well be my mother" means there's a good chance he didn't actually know Ms. Ann is his mother.

'mom' then probably meant his stepmother, i.e. Marie Antoinette, one of the least likely people to murder someone if we go by just appearances. (Which fits with the game going on and on about not going with your first impressions.)

Motive is obviously because the mother in law can't really stand the fact that her husband is a giant playboy + if the older sons died her kid inherits the family business. Both the families' businesses, once the engagement with Cain gets turned into a marriage. Neatly explains why the murders didn't keep happening, too, even though Chris got dragged in despite the fact that only Ms. Ann and Mr. Goldie knew about who he was.

This is mostly working with meta-knowledge, though. Since this is supposed to be a lighter type of detective novel I assumed that things people say can be taken at more or less face value*, although information might be omitted, and alibis can be taken at face value in terms of how reliable they are (Edit: This doesn't mean that the alibis are all true, but rather than you can rank the alibis by how many people back them up).

*If they couldn't then Chris's statement about Ms. Ann can be taken as him talking around the fact that he's a bastard (i.e., he knew Ms. Ann was actually his mother), but working with the meta-knowledge that this isn't supposed to be a brain teaser level of story means that possibility can be safely discounted.

I'll go double check everyone's alibis during Chris's murder like Holmes is telling me to, though, with some attention to Ms. Ann, Mrs. Goldie, and Mrs. Violet.

Edit:

Alibi Notes (Ranked by number of people who can back the alibi up):

Spoiler

Time of death: Around 11:25

Ritsuka: Sleeping in the room next to where most of the adults were playing in a poker game. (5)

Hawthorn, Aaron, Adamska, Ann: Playing poker game until 3 in the morning. (3 + 1)

Wu: Watched above poker game until midnight. (0 + 4)

Cain, Laurie: Playing hide and seek, got caught by Eva (assumed) around 11:20. Probably sent to bed afterwards. (2)

Juliet, Harriet: In their rooms together. (1)

Eva: Went to sleep around 10, maybe 11---doesn't remember exact time. (0 + 2*)

*The 2 is assuming she was in fact the one who caught Cain and Laurie. It's also possible, although unlikely, that it's the other way around, and Dorothy was the one who caught Cain and Laurie. (All the other adults were busy with the poker game---or murdering/getting murdered.)

Dorothy: Put Laurie to bed around 10, fell asleep beside her, says Laurie fell asleep before her. (0 - 3*)

*Laurie was playing hide and seek and got caught by an adult. That is, Laurie, Cain, and the adult who caught them (Eva assumed), know that Laurie wasn't asleep @ 10.

Eva and Dorothy have the weakest alibis, and it's barely possible that they could swap roles. (While Eva was busy murdering Chris Dorothy caught Laurie & Cain playing and sent them to bed. However, Eva's alibi is consistent with everyone else's, whereas Dorothy's isn't.)

Sherlock: Busy being 'dead.' (0)

Edit:

Morris: Actually being dead (he's stated to be dead for a while when his body was found). (0)

Strictly speaking, Eva, Dorothy, and Sherlock have the worst alibis, but we're doing detective story rules so Sherlock didn't do it, but this is meta-knowledge. Eva and Dorothy have more or less tied alibis, and going by detective story rules then Dorothy has a good motive and Eva's doesn't, but that's meta-knowledge.

If we ignore meta-knowledge, then Sherlock, Eva, and Dorothy have the weakest alibis (nobody backs up their alibis, at least right now, once the mystery is revealed then it seems pretty likely that Eva will have been the one to catch Laurie and Cain), but Dorothy is the only one who's alibi is contradicted by other people.

Double Edit:

In multiple choice questions, the answer is most likely to be 'B.'

Triple Edit:

Mash's handy chart:

fuJIpvz.png

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tfw I try summoning Marie who I somehow haven’t gotten after over a year of playing this game but end up getting Sherlock and two god forsaken Fionns instead. Not that I’m disappointed with the former. When his niche is helpful, it’s REALLY helpful.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:29 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

By 15 mob, do you mean the fight right before Old Li?  Because that's literally just a matter of grabbing a friend's Amakusa and letting him go nuts, since he basically nopes the entire gimmick of the fight because those buffs are removable for some reason.  

There was no Amakusa on my FL(still none actually lol), so i ended up using a megashit strats using Eresh where her S3 nulifies the damage the 15 mob done

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

There was no Amakusa on my FL(still none actually lol), so i ended up using a megashit strats using Eresh where her S3 nulifies the damage the 15 mob done

Ah.

If you ever need one, I have him NP2'd on JP and usually put Black Grail or event damage CE on him.  

In other news, a cute shota!

I must pull.

*300 quartz later*

Darn, no 5* servants.  I did NP2 the Berserker, and I got a dupe Parvati which I burned.  Nothing else really interesting, oh well.

EDIT: Well, I did one more 11 pull and got him.  And NP3'd the Berserker in the meantime.  Nice.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

18 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Ah.

If you ever need one, I have him NP2'd on JP and usually put Black Grail or event damage CE on him.  

In other news, a cute shota!

I must pull.

*300 quartz later*

Darn, no 5* servants.  I did NP2 the Berserker, and I got a dupe Parvati which I burned.  Nothing else really interesting, oh well.

sure, whats your FL

My account is REALLY weak though, only notable unit is Jojorion

oooo Two new servants. Kijyo  who looks like Ibaraki if she has more option to benefit the party. Maybe Ibaraki can get her 2nd or 3rd skill improved. Voyager, interesting being the "newest" servant in Fate. I'm not sure how to calculate how good he is without mention Skadi memes.

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

oooo Two new servants. Kijyo  who looks like Ibaraki if she has more option to benefit the party. Maybe Ibaraki can get her 2nd or 3rd skill improved. Voyager, interesting being the "newest" servant in Fate. I'm not sure how to calculate how good he is without mention Skadi memes.

Speaking of Ibaraki, I was watching Honako’s 4* tier list and she was a pretty low on the list. To be fait, she aged badly. And Herc beats her at her own niche.

About Voyager, I see videos and damn, he can loop stupidly easy, his only real flaw is his low damage.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Speaking of Ibaraki, I was watching Honako’s 4* tier list and she was a pretty low on the list. To be fait, she aged badly. And Herc beats her at her own niche.

About Voyager, I see videos and damn, he can loop stupidly easy, his only real flaw is his low damage.

Ibaraki is low on Honako list because shes unable to turbo her NP, and is not a wellfare so no free damage

Her niche was actually not survival, it was her 4.0 quick card so really its Penth that make her look meh.

As a whole i agree she's the weakest Berserker atm. A lot of SR currently is in an annoying state because of how DW set up wellfare system tbh.

Hokusai is unoptimized, to the point that shes weaker than Kenshin without Kenshin having to use her arts buff when hyper buffed, but she still shits on all ST saber except for high investment Medb in terms of damage output(no, seriously Medb is the queen for ST Arts saber when it comes for damage. She actually shits on the competiiton really hard). Of course St saber nowadays have to ask if they are stronger than Caesar, a servant so ridiculous he can outdamage NP5 Sigurd that is punching Dragon. No, thats not a joke

Kuro is a 50 battery with 2.2 Arts card lmao. Night can't loop easilly but still her AOE damage is persistent and very close to Dantes so that should say everything

Kenshin.... is Kenshin. It says a lot that shes arguably stronger than Li who have almost everything you want on a DPS.

Rider wellfare is so broken it literally deletes gacha rider from existing can't get worse than that

Caster theres only Shuten

All the top end non wellfare SR are essentially completely broken character so unless DW keep making character on that power level most SR release are essentially pretty worthless in the long run. Seriously it says a lot that on Honako's review for Parvati he basically spent 90% of her breakdown mentioning how nothing about her skillset makes any sense whatsoever. 2 years after her release and theres only 2-3 servant i can think off whose overall skill design is even close to Parvati

Also yeah you probably would need NP2-3 for Voyager to really hit it. Because of his NP effect you can make a solid mid-range quick set up though, since you get so many charge you can use Skadi NP to stall things out

A thing you can do is during the turn where your going to use Skadi NP, use the S3 on the Skadi that NP''s when they have arts card on rotation which potentially allows you to loop their NP. Skadi Arts card is 2.0 so this can be a solid fallback plan

English, madame, do you speak it.

Spoiler

kWEAphU.png

This is actually proof for Eva being the mother, as long as you speak English. The question was directed towards Ms. Violet, who Eva Violet certainly is (along with Juliet, and Harriet), so if she responded as if Ritsuka is talking about Mrs. Violet (that is, the person married to Adamska), then it means Eva is the mother.

The line should've been translated as something like "What was Mrs. Violet doing around bedtime last night?"

I don't really have a problem with Harriet being the mother, the story is consistent with that. The problem is that the story is also consistent with Eva being the mother. The same way you can just say Harriet was joking around when she called Adamska 'daddy' you can also just say Eva (if she was the mother), was pretending to be her daughter.

Oh and I also missed the part where the scene where Dorothy caught the kids was supposed to be around mid-night rather than early in the morning, meaning her alibi was fine and it was the Violet mother who was missing one, but I would've ignored that anyway. Ritsuka had no way of knowing that bit unless Holmes told them, seeing how the player saw the scene but they didn't.

Edited by DehNutCase

Could you guys give me some advice for my support list? I’m also planning to replace Herc for Hijikata when I raise Hijikata’s skills. You can suggest any CE and I’ll see if I have them.

A0C9BE67-8E94-4EDD-8628-BA3775634361.png

Edited by Water Mage

Personally I'm at the point where I only look for Lunchtime or one of the 50 Bond Point Heroic Spirit Portraits, so your friend's list looks fine to me. (Outside of events, of course, where first priority is whatever event CE I'm looking for and 2nd priority is a servant that's fun to farm with.)

Since Achilles doesn't have a 50% battery he might be better off with Kaleidoscope or a MLB Imaginary Element, but Mona Lisa is probably better for most people. (Not for me, personally, but I farm hard enough during events that I usually don't need to farm doors for QP.) And is that a non-MLB Dive to Blue?

15 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Could you guys give me some advice for my support list? I’m also planning to replace Herc for Hijikata when I raise Hijikata’s skills. You can suggest any CE and I’ll see if I have them.

A0C9BE67-8E94-4EDD-8628-BA3775634361.png

Most people really only look at Merlin with CQ CE(Pricon, HRP, 2030), or grinding CE(mainly lunchtime)

That set up is fine

APEX OVERLOAD

Screenshot_20200527-173256_Fate_GO.jpg

10 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally I'm at the point where I only look for Lunchtime or one of the 50 Bond Point Heroic Spirit Portraits, so your friend's list looks fine to me. (Outside of events, of course, where first priority is whatever event CE I'm looking for and 2nd priority is a servant that's fun to farm with.)

Since Achilles doesn't have a 50% battery he might be better off with Kaleidoscope or a MLB Imaginary Element, but Mona Lisa is probably better for most people. (Not for me, personally, but I farm hard enough during events that I usually don't need to farm doors for QP.) And is that a non-MLB Dive to Blue?

My reasoning for not giving Achilles a Mona Lisa CE is because I thought that since everyone puts Mona Lisa on their Rider Support, I thought someone could need Rider support for a hard battle and wouldn’t be able to find it since almost puts Riders for farming.

And yeah, that’s a non-MLB Dive to the Blue, I’m really at a loss at what to give to Nero Bride. I’m putting her there because I know that some people may want to use double Bride or even a single Bride for 3t farming shenanigans. Especially when she gets her upgrade to her first skill.

And thanks to the both of you for your opinions! And congrats on NP5 Lancelot! Now if only he would get a NP interlude. Maybe he would even outclass Saber Hokusai! 

4 hours ago, Water Mage said:

And yeah, that’s a non-MLB Dive to the Blue, I’m really at a loss at what to give to Nero Bride. I’m putting her there because I know that some people may want to use double Bride or even a single Bride for 3t farming shenanigans. Especially when she gets her upgrade to her first skill.

When I use my Bride it's usually to support Archuria, so she tends to have either Kaleidoscope (to use her NP with Waver's 20% NP Gauge) or else, rarely, Golden Carp for some crit stars.

If she's being a damage dealer I just grab Black Grail* and run double Waver. But you can't run double Waver if you're taking a friend's Bride, so that doesn't really matter.

*Black Grail isn't always the best choice, but it's always one of the top picks, so I usually just use it. If I'm optimizing my CEs it means I already played the CQ once to know what I'm dealing with, and most CQs so far can be done blind.

The price of having a lack of self control is getting spooks. I went and used the extra shop tickets to see if I could get Okita again...I got my 2nd GGPG, another copy of the 4 star CE and NP2 Lolidusa. Technically I got good stuff for 5 tickets, but I still feel the salt flowing through my veins. 

After powering through the story up through Solomon, I had quite a bit of Quartz and Tickets, and felt the gacha itch, been pretty insanely lucky.

Spoiler

xNdjieS.png5nGG9EO.png7bJcxqg.pngLi96rsf.pngQs70EQx.png

Just now, Rezzy said:

After powering through the story up through Solomon, I had quite a bit of Quartz and Tickets, and felt the gacha itch, been pretty insanely lucky.

Hide contents

xNdjieS.png5nGG9EO.png7bJcxqg.pngLi96rsf.pngQs70EQx.png

Holy shit, that’s insanely lucky! Summer Mordred is a great looper and a great farmer! Anastasia is a great Arts Aoe Caster, but do you have Sieg at NP5? If so his NP might hit a little harder, though both are pretty similar. Sieg loops better but Anastasia can offer support. Stheno is...Stheno. She’s not that good, but she would have been amazing in the Gawain fight teamed with Euryale. Sherlock is a Ruler so congrats in getting your first Extra class Servant outside of Mash. He can be a little hard to use effectively, but he is amazing in the right situation.

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Holy shit, that’s insanely lucky! Summer Mordred is a great looper and a great farmer! Anastasia is a great Arts Aoe Caster, but do you have Sieg at NP5? If so his NP might hit a little harder, though both are pretty similar. Sieg loops better but Anastasia can offer support. Stheno is...Stheno. She’s not that good, but she would have been amazing in the Gawain fight teamed with Euryale. Sherlock is a Ruler so congrats in getting your first Extra class Servant outside of Mash. He can be a little hard to use effectively, but he is amazing in the right situation.

Thanks, I'm now at five 5* servants total: Arthur, Drake, Waver, Holmes, and Anastasia.  The last two I need to level.  I do have Sieg max NP, but he also needs leveled.  I have the problem of lots of nice Casters and not enough XP cards.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, I'm now at five 5* servants total: Arthur, Drake, Waver, Holmes, and Anastasia.  The last two I need to level.  I do have Sieg max NP, but he also needs leveled.  I have the problem of lots of nice Casters and not enough XP cards.

It’s still a little far away but an event called Gilfest will solve your exp problems. It’s a lottery event so it gives a lot, and I mean a lot,of exp cards. It’s in early September so as I said, it’s a little far away. Also are you planning to do Part 1.5 first, or do you plan you to rush straight into Part 2? The events that require completing Part 2 are still far away, so you can take your time with Part 1.5 if you want.

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

It’s still a little far away but an event called Gilfest will solve your exp problems. It’s a lottery event so it gives a lot, and I mean a lot,of exp cards. It’s in early September so as I said, it’s a little far away. Also are you planning to do Part 1.5 first, or do you plan you to rush straight into Part 2? The events that require completing Part 2 are still far away, so you can take your time with Part 1.5 if you want.

First, I'm going to try to go back and read the dialogue I skipped, after that, I'll probably try to play them in release order, unless I get into another time crunch.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

First, I'm going to try to go back and read the dialogue I skipped, after that, I'll probably try to play them in release order, unless I get into another time crunch.

Ah, all right then. And don’t worry there’s no need to rush. The next event that requires having a late story chapter completed is in October.

14 hours ago, Water Mage said:

My reasoning for not giving Achilles a Mona Lisa CE is because I thought that since everyone puts Mona Lisa on their Rider Support, I thought someone could need Rider support for a hard battle and wouldn’t be able to find it since almost puts Riders for farming.

And thanks to the both of you for your opinions! And congrats on NP5 Lancelot! Now if only he would get a NP interlude. Maybe he would even outclass Saber Hokusai! 

Funny thing about this, i actually think Saberlot > Hokusai when things are put into context in JP as is now

IMO Saber arts ranking right now is Caesar > Twins > or >= Medb > Saberlot = Hokusai but yeah a lot of people does tease me about Hokusai when she was released(i actually joked about it as well) but after testing her some things just doesn't click

It doesn't help that Hokusai skillset is in the worst possible position for arts servant

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Funny thing about this, i actually think Saberlot > Hokusai when things are put into context in JP as is now

IMO Saber arts ranking right now is Caesar > Twins > or >= Medb > Saberlot = Hokusai but yeah a lot of people does tease me about Hokusai when she was released(i actually joked about it as well) but after testing her some things just doesn't click

It doesn't help that Hokusai skillset is in the worst possible position for arts servant

Interesting you mention that, I remember when Saber Hokusai was released, everyone was saying how she outclassed Saberlot because she’s guaranteed NP5. But honestly that’s all she really has above him. 
Summer 4 was weird. A lot of people’s first impression of the new Servants ended up not being true. I remember people calling Summer Hokusai a god and was the new Chloe/Rider Kintoki, while saying that Summer Musashi and Summer Okita were trash because of their demerits. And while they’re annoying, you can work your way around them. It’s a little difficult but possible.

However my first impression of Summer Lartoria was the she was trash and that she was the worst SSR Ruler and that impression hasn’t changed to this day. She just sucks.

Edited by Water Mage

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Interesting you mention that, I remember when Saber Hokusai was released, everyone was saying how she outclassed Saberlot because she’s guaranteed NP5. But honestly that’s all she really has above him. 
Summer 4 was weird. A lot of people’s first impression of the new Servants ended up not being true. I remember people calling Summer Hokusai a god and was the new Chloe/Rider Kintoki, while saying that Summer Musashi and Summer Okita were trash because of their demerits. And while they’re annoying, you can work your way around them. It’s a little difficult but possible.

However my first impression of Summer Lartoria was the she was trash and that she was the worst SSR Ruler and that impression hasn’t changed to this day. She just sucks.

to clear this up

>is it true Saberlot is not worth pulling right now?

Yes, but this is mostly because NP1 SR is sketchy. This applies to almost all SR unless they are hilariously overpowered to the point that servants with much more stacked advantage can be overpowered by sheer OPness(Parvati) or cover a niche that isn't tied to their NP levels(Chiron, LLW)

Saberlot advantage over Hokusai is that due to having a very consistent engine for 3 turns which allows better freedom for damage controlling, and 30 battery - this one is huge because battery checkmark is 30(waver 2 + 3, Merlin S1 combines with 30 to allow immediate NP using 50 bat CE). While this isn't very true on stacked as fuck account, when your stuck with non MLB Kscope thats a big factor. For more casual usage Saberlot being BBAAQ is huge too because 2 Buster card is godly for a lot of stuff. Combine this with Sabelot ability as star engine and theres enough things to separate the two even on NP disadv. This is based on my experience using both of them - i use Hokusai to burst things down but having to run Hans to back her up sometimes is kinda annoying and for more general usage Saberlot's star shenanigans and 2 buster card won out over Hokusai for Lancer nodes.

One thing people did not keep in mind beyond that is Hokusais fairly unoptimized, due to how double Tamamo works. I'd mention that the two saber thats above Hokusai is Medb(whose lowkey trait is so weird that it took a while to understand what makes her strong) and a month old SSR though. Shes definitely way below Kintoki, who until like a while ago was considered the #1 quick dps

The place i hung in for FGO discussion immediately go "wtf susashi is dirty as fuck and busted" on release so i didn't get that impression lol. Okita i remember defending her because people says shes worse than every alvailable assassin and im like "all assassin are shit also her numbers are dumb high".

Random fun fact: We only noticed how strong Medb is around a month ago lol. Shes considered really weak when shes actually so strong she completely shits on the compeititon