Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

YOLO Ticket rolled again, and got another Shinjuku Assassin, hopefully, he can fill my assassin needs for me.

He’s not the best Assassin, but hey NP2 is pretty good for NP damage. Plus he’s hot! I use him a lot because of that.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Why do they have to make event unplayable now? I just don’t get what they are thinking anymore

I heard there was some glitch with quartz buying on android, so I guess they had to take the servers down to fix it.

51 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I heard there was some glitch with quartz buying on android, so I guess they had to take the servers down to fix it.

Not what I meant, but thanks

Assuming you're referring to the story lock on the event, that's there mostly so that they can explicitly set events at a particular time in the story, and so that they can refer to events from the main story without spoiling them for players that haven't played the story yet.  It also lets them make the story fights a bit harder, since you can be assumed to have a decently built box, and it provides incentive for people to actually play the main story, rather than just ignoring it.

This is isn't the first time an event has been story locked, and it won't be the last time.  The new Halloween event coming this year will require Lostbelt 2 completion, for example due to focusing on a character introduced during the Lostbelt.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

I got my supports decked out with the craft CEs, since I seemed to get lucky with those pulls, hope they can help.  Waver and Drake are probably my best supports at the moment.

The fact that the first nobu fight was timed bothers me a little.

(Because I didn't take out the min-nobus for their drops before the fight was over, lul.)

The story missions seem to be tuned to be basically roughly the same level as lostbelt missions, so I should really be running serious teams rather than jank.

...But I'm so used to running jank for events.

Edit: Also I kind of wish Okita Alter was forced. I don't mind bringing a hilariously under-leveled servant, but I usually run full event CEs in event missions, even story ones, so bringing a story support that doesn't boost drops is a hard sell unless they're forced.

Edited by DehNutCase

The first fight caught me by surprise and almost TPK'd me.  Not having a real support really hurts, when my own roster is pretty limited.

The only reason I didn't get wiped by the first Nobu fight was because I randomly had Jeanne chilling in the back lines for Bond points. She had the durability and sustain to solo the fight, but the fight timed out before I got to the point where she was the only one on the field. (Once she could spam arts chains all day I was going to clear out the mini-Nobus, since I didn't need them to take Nobu's turns to reduce incoming damage anymore.)

The event played a Camelot/Babylonia for me. AKA, I brought some jank thinking the first fight was going to be a joke and I get greeted by a 250k break bar Nobu that basically wiped my team. I had to retry the fight with Parvati (despite being a NP spamming machine she's sooo weak, must be the NP1)/Jeanne/Mash. 

Lesson learned, if an event entry requirement says "Finish Solomon/Lostbelt x to participate" then I'm going to bring the big guns from the beginning.

The first fight with Nobu caught me off guard, but Izo also was a rather annoying boss. Made me realize there's no difference in using Medea or a AoE Caster against a single Assassin boss, the damage is the same.

Changing the subject Ryouma is a solid Servant but he would have been so much better if his party NP battery was 20% or if his NP was AoE.

7 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I need help, for some reason, I have summoned 4 Li shuwan of this one banner... just why? Like seriously, That isn’t good luck I don’t use him at all.

Do you have many Lancers? I don't know Tier lists very well, but a level 80 NP4 lancer is still decent, or if you haven't merged him and have no plans to use him, I guess rare prisms are a thing.

Maybe to more experienced people here could weigh in, I'm still quite a noob.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do you have many Lancers? I don't know Tier lists very well, but a level 80 NP4 lancer is still decent, or if you haven't merged him and have no plans to use him, I guess rare prisms are a thing.

Maybe to more experienced people here could weigh in, I'm still quite a noob.

I have more then enough lancers and better ones too, but yes, I got a few more rare mana prisms. It’s just pulling 4 of the same 4 star on one banner is... well I feel like it’s eating my luck.... and SQ

8 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I need help, for some reason, I have summoned 4 Li shuwan of this one banner... just why? Like seriously, That isn’t good luck I don’t use him at all.

Arts Lancers are a rarity so a NP4 Li Shuwen will fill a role that you may not have. Although next year he will be outclassed the GugaGuda 4’s welfare.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Arts Lancers are a rarity so a NP4 Li Shuwen will fill a role that you may not have. Although next year he will be outclassed the GugaGuda 4’s welfare.

At NP4?  Li has an NP buff coming in like, January, so he'd likely be outdamaging her with those extra NP levels.

The Welfare has significantly better NP gen and refund. If you're doing low turn count stuff that doesn't matter, though, and Li's better NP and Crit damage should carry him.

Mind this is just me looking at the numbers, I don't use Li and I don't play on JAP.

Different Topic:

After using Achilles for a bit I feel like 4 hits on the Quick card is about where I'd be happy with a Quick card even if it's NP gen is low. (And, of course, its damage is shit because it's a quick card.) I'm not sure I'd be happy if it's utter garbage NP gen like 1% from Beserker Vlad or Lancelot, but 2% base with some natural modifiers (Quick Up in Achille's case, and occasionally his Golden Rule) feels alright.

I already felt that way a little from using Eresh, but her Arts card is so absurd that she can probably have a 4 Buster deck and still be fine on NP generation.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:01 AM, DehNutCase said:

The Welfare has significantly better NP gen and refund. If you're doing low turn count stuff that doesn't matter, though, and Li's better NP and Crit damage should carry him.

Mind this is just me looking at the numbers, I don't use Li and I don't play on JAP.

Different Topic:

After using Achilles for a bit I feel like 4 hits on the Quick card is about where I'd be happy with a Quick card even if it's NP gen is low. (And, of course, its damage is shit because it's a quick card.) I'm not sure I'd be happy if it's utter garbage NP gen like 1% from Beserker Vlad or Lancelot, but 2% base with some natural modifiers (Quick Up in Achille's case, and occasionally his Golden Rule) feels alright.

I already felt that way a little from using Eresh, but her Arts card is so absurd that she can probably have a 4 Buster deck and still be fine on NP generation.

Li have better damage but from my experience Kenshin looping is hilariously trivial but JP looping meme usually assumes being able to secure kill with NP alone
thing is Kenshin NP is nuclear bomb already so lol.

I agree 4 hitcount is where Quick feels fine since thats where card 3 quick averages 6 stars AKA producing more than instinct with full card set threshold and considering the crit threshold is arguably 25(2 card crit, 5 to buffer bad distribution).... yeah

Not sure about 2.0 though. Modified 2.0 is along the lines of 1.5 card BASE >_>(2.0 x 2.3 = 4.6/3 = 1.5). I personally feel 3.0 is the sweetspot for NP gen on card but this is very ymmv anyway

At least for ST imo 3.0 is when it feels comfortable. The most common looper used in JP meme meta goes from "Kintoki Rider and Kama" for most consistent, and drops to "MHX and MHXA" which are both 3.0 with Caesar NP for least consistent. Melt i think is essentially Caesar NP with 3.0 but i remember Melt NP being significantly worse than Caesar/MHX/MHXA trio

Funny enough Caesar is surprisingly common because his NP refill makes him much better than he looks, its the single best refill in the entire game, so despite 2.0 card he could triloop surprisingly well(its the same concept as Astolfo - his card sucks and his NP sucks but he have the 20% regen acting as a buffer). If you love consistency so much you'd still use Okita over him although of course Okita's damage is much lower unless you invest on her a lot(GGPG boys represents)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Not sure about 2.0 though. Modified 2.0 is along the lines of 1.5 card BASE >_>(2.0 x 2.3 = 4.6/3 = 1.5). I personally feel 3.0 is the sweetspot for NP gen on card but this is very ymmv anyway

At least for ST imo 3.0 is when it feels comfortable. The most common looper used in JP meme meta goes from "Kintoki Rider and Kama" for most consistent, and drops to "MHX and MHXA" which are both 3.0 with Caesar NP for least consistent. Melt i think is essentially Caesar NP with 3.0 but i remember Melt NP being significantly worse than Caesar/MHX/MHXA trio

Mind I'm talking about 2% or better with 4 hits. Without four hits the quick card needs to have better NP gen for me to be happy with it. Conversely, I'd probably be fine with a 6 hit Quick having 1% np gen, but that's probably never going to happen since it'd need .17% NP per hit, which is hilariously awful.

On 6/6/2020 at 11:44 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Funny enough Caesar is surprisingly common because his NP refill makes him much better than he looks, its the single best refill in the entire game, so despite 2.0 card he could triloop surprisingly well(its the same concept as Astolfo - his card sucks and his NP sucks but he have the 20% regen acting as a buffer). If you love consistency so much you'd still use Okita over him although of course Okita's damage is much lower unless you invest on her a lot(GGPG boys represents)

Speaking of Caeser and Okita, do you think if Okita got a NP interlude she wouldn´t have to compete with Caesar so much? It feels like it's hard to justify using Okita over Caesar since he offers team support and has a lower cost. I mean Okita has a star gather skill and a evade but a support can easily do that as well, plus her evade is tied to her crit buff which makes it akward to use. Man, Okita really needs a buff.

10 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Speaking of Caeser and Okita, do you think if Okita got a NP interlude she wouldn´t have to compete with Caesar so much? It feels like it's hard to justify using Okita over Caesar since he offers team support and has a lower cost. I mean Okita has a star gather skill and a evade but a support can easily do that as well, plus her evade is tied to her crit buff which makes it akward to use. Man, Okita really needs a buff.

Okita didn't need a buff at least not in a sense that "this servant is weak and requires help. She's still arguably the best Saber simply because of Skadi looping, her np debuffs defense which is neat + having defense ignoire

if anything Caesar being the (way bigger) damage with consistency issue vs Okita being much more consistent is how the variety should have been

It's too bad you can't run three Nero Brides in a team. I personally rate her above Tamamo even for Arts teams, but the fact that she's my go to Arts support means that if I built an Arts team with her as a damage dealer suddenly my lineup lost a pretty important support.

That said, Nero does have the weakness that she's an Arts servant without her own Arts up, so she depends on Tamamo more than other arts servants. The stupid thing is, being able to run 3 copies of bride would actually mitigate this issue, since you can just have the 2 supporting brides run their bond CE for 30% Arts Up---still worse than Tamamo's 50%, (65% if we count Tamamo's CE), but it should be enough to hit any damage or looping requirements.

There's no way they give her an Arts Up, though, since if you tacked Arts Up on one of her skills she'd eat Tamamo's lunch forever. (There's a very small possibility that they make it so the skill remains targeted but the Arts Up is self only, but that's still pretty unlikely.)

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

It's too bad you can't run three Nero Brides in a team. I personally rate her above Tamamo even for Arts teams, but the fact that she's my go to Arts support means that if I built an Arts team with her as a damage dealer suddenly my lineup lost a pretty important support.

That said, Nero does have the weakness that she's an Arts servant without her own Arts up, so she depends on Tamamo more than other arts servants. The stupid thing is, being able to run 3 copies of bride would actually mitigate this issue, since you can just have the 2 supporting brides run their bond CE for 30% Arts Up---still worse than Tamamo's 50%, (65% if we count Tamamo's CE), but it should be enough to hit any damage or looping requirements.

There's no way they give her an Arts Up, though, since if you tacked Arts Up on one of her skills she'd eat Tamamo's lunch forever. (There's a very small possibility that they make it so the skill remains targeted but the Arts Up is self only, but that's still pretty unlikely.)

Is two or three Brides really better as an Arts support than the Bride and Tamamo duo? Bride’s support is great but the problem is that they are all the same while Tamamo offers Art supports and NP strength UP after her Rank Up. Remember that Arts Up, Atk UP and NP UP buffs adds multiplicative and the 3 Atk UP buffs adds additively. So 3 Brides would be Atk+Atk+Atk while Bride and Tamamo would be ArtsxNPxAtk. In that case, Bride&Tamamo would deal more damage.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Is two or three Brides really better as an Arts support than the Bride and Tamamo duo? Bride’s support is great but the problem is that they are all the same while Tamamo offers Art supports and NP strength UP after her Rank Up. Remember that Arts Up, Atk UP and NP UP buffs adds multiplicative and the 3 Atk UP buffs adds additively. So 3 Brides would be Atk+Atk+Atk while Bride and Tamamo would be ArtsxNPxAtk. In that case, Bride&Tamamo would deal more damage.

JP wise Tamamo lacks kickstart from battery. If its NA, her value isn't even much better than Bride who affects all card which can come into play rather often(do note nutcase didn't specifically mention just arts but general and even on arts theres times when your still using other card when making Brave Chain)

Also multip scaling isn't THAT big of a deal since the value disparity isn't big enough. Lets use Kagetora(moreso because she have fair split). Tamamo(NA) is 1.5 Arts, Bride is 1.45 ATK

Solo - 1.2 x 1.3 = 1.56

2 Tama - 1.2 x 2.3 = 2.76

2 Bride - 2.1 x 1.3 = 2.73

1 Tama 1 Bride - 1.65 x 1.8 =2.97

So at best its 10% difference

Another thing to note here is if you want to finish stuff right there, Bride with Kscope can NP for 30% more debuff while Tama is CD recursion. Theres situation where an extra instant NP damage can be really useful since at the end of the day the win con is to kill stuff lol

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

JP wise Tamamo lacks kickstart from battery. If its NA, her value isn't even much better than Bride who affects all card which can come into play rather often(do note nutcase didn't specifically mention just arts but general and even on arts theres times when your still using other card when making Brave Chain)

Also multip scaling isn't THAT big of a deal since the value disparity isn't big enough. Lets use Kagetora(moreso because she have fair split). Tamamo(NA) is 1.5 Arts, Bride is 1.45 ATK

Solo - 1.2 x 1.3 = 1.56

2 Tama - 1.2 x 2.3 = 2.76

2 Bride - 2.1 x 1.3 = 2.73

1 Tama 1 Bride - 1.65 x 1.8 =2.97

So at best its 10% difference

Another thing to note here is if you want to finish stuff right there, Bride with Kscope can NP for 30% more debuff while Tama is CD recursion. Theres situation where an extra instant NP damage can be really useful since at the end of the day the win con is to kill stuff lol

Guess my calculations were wrong then. You know Tamamo feels a bit lacking compared to the other Card supporters, Merlin and Skadi. Maybe buff her Morph skill to something like that gives a teamwide NP charge or teamwide invincibility.