Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Locking the CQ behind completing every mission is just...

I still need to do like 10 or so maps before I complete every mission, and I've been chugging a fair amount of apples---although, mind, I haven't followed a guide or anything so I did a lot more maps than I had to. I'll should have a good amount leeway at this point, though, so I'm just going to let natural regen take me the rest of the way rather than chugging more apples.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the CQ, this one was actually quite a bit difficult. It seems to be made for Alter Egos, problem is both Melt and Mecha Liz remove buffs and that is a big no no in this CQ. Passionlip doesn’t hit as hard so she wasn’t that useful. Managed to clear Li Shuwen, though in retrospect, I could have used Sherlock.

The biggest gimmick of the CQ seems to be the defense stacks, but my default frontline is Archuria, Nero Bride, and Waver,* all of whom have Atk Ups, so the damage race was basically unlosable. (Waver and Bride even have Defense Downs, for when the Atk Ups wear off. But Nobu lost defense stacks every time a bar was broken, so that wasn't as necessary.)

*The fact that Nero stomps Lancers is pretty neat for mixed nodes, too, but Nobu didn't have a Lancer form so that bit didn't matter.

My support Waver (which I picked up from the friend's list, since my Waver's max Bond) bit the dust since he got targeted by the Rider form, but it was Merlin who popped up in his place so it didn't really make much of a difference. I pretty much only run him for the Battery & AoE Invul, his NP is lower priority than Archuria's face cards and Hero Creation is basically just a heal.

The weird thing about my teams in CQs is that while I avoid running my own Waver since he's max bond, I have no problems with running Mash. (Part of it is because I tend to run a bunch of 5* CE and 5* Servants, though, so it's pretty much either Mash with a CE or a CE-less Servant in her spot.)

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

The biggest gimmick of the CQ seems to be the defense stacks, but my default frontline is Archuria, Nero Bride, and Waver,* all of whom have Atk Ups, so the damage race was basically unlosable. (Waver and Bride even have Defense Downs, for when the Atk Ups wear off. But Nobu lost defense stacks every time a bar was broken, so that wasn't as necessary.)

*The fact that Nero stomps Lancers is pretty neat for mixed nodes, too, but Nobu didn't have a Lancer form so that bit didn't matter.

My support Waver (which I picked up from the friend's list, since my Waver's max Bond) bit the dust since he got targeted by the Rider form, but it was Merlin who popped up in his place so it didn't really make much of a difference. I pretty much only run him for the Battery & AoE Invul, his NP is lower priority than Archuria's face cards and Hero Creation is basically just a heal.

The weird thing about my teams in CQs is that while I avoid running my own Waver since he's max bond, I have no problems with running Mash. (Part of it is because I tend to run a bunch of 5* CE and 5* Servants, though, so it's pretty much either Mash with a CE or a CE-less Servant in her spot.)

Sorry if it was my Waver who died.

29 minutes ago, Magical Glace said:

After months of putting her in backline for as much grinding as I possibly could I finally got this:

Hide contents

9COgf42.pngA4lPUg1.png 

It's quite satisfying.

Congrats, the closet I have is Bond 9 on Cu.

Whew, that was too close for comfort. I was at like 45 missions so I had to no life the event. Luckily I managed to get it done a couple hours before it was over. Also the CQ was no match for stall memes:

Spoiler

npf6Uou.png

43 turns despite Nobu having like 3 stacks of Def up. Not too shabby.

Edited by Alexmender

Just reinstalled yesterday after 8 months, any banner coming up?

Thinking of deleting it again cuz the loading time is too long on my phone currently (at least 5 minutes every time), but want to see if I can spend any quartz on new servant before that.

EDIT: Nvm the ingame notifcation is working now. I can see the Napolean campaign

Edited by MagicCanonBalls

10 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Just reinstalled yesterday after 8 months, any banner coming up?

Thinking of deleting it again cuz the loading time is too long on my phone currently (at least 5 minutes every time), but want to see if I can spend any quartz on new servant before that.

EDIT: Nvm the ingame notifcation is working now. I can see the Napolean campaign

The loading time should be fixed soon enough, assuming you're on a very new iPhone, they announced the engine update will be coming in June last month.

39 minutes ago, Magical Glace said:

The loading time should be fixed soon enough, assuming you're on a very new iPhone, they announced the engine update will be coming in June last month.

It's the opposite, I am using an old android phone. But nonetheless I will probably keep it and collect the daily reward and pull for Napolean. And play my switch while FGO loading (probably due to my unstable internet connection even after I disconnect my switch from wifi)

3 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

It's the opposite, I am using an old android phone. But nonetheless I will probably keep it and collect the daily reward and pull for Napolean. And play my switch while FGO loading (probably due to my unstable internet connection even after I disconnect my switch from wifi)

Oh.  Dunno how much the engine update will help you then.  I suppose it'd still be worth checking when the update in question happens, though.

42 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

LB2 is coming pretty soon and from what I heard, using Divine Servants is pretty bad idea there?

For Surtr's fight, he does more damage on Divine servants.

Rest of the LB Divine servants can go nuts.

1 hour ago, Magical Glace said:

For Surtr's fight, he does more damage on Divine servants.

Rest of the LB Divine servants can go nuts.

But aren’t there Berserker enemies that focus on Divine Servants?

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I don't remember the berserkers having something effective on Divine servants... Even if they did, it didn't slow down my weakling JP account way back when I was quite reliant on Chiron...

The only fight in the LB that I really found difficult at all was Surtr.

22 minutes ago, Magical Glace said:

I don't remember the berserkers having something effective on Divine servants... Even if they did, it didn't slow down my weakling JP account way back when I was quite reliant on Chiron...

The only fight in the LB that I really found difficult at all was Surtr.

It’s the the giant Berserker enemies introduced in that LB. I looked them up and it they seem to focus on Divine Servants. As in if you have a team of Artoria, Emiya and Cu, they would only target Cu since he’s Divine.

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Hrimthurse
All three types seem to target Divine Servants.

9 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

It’s the the giant Berserker enemies introduced in that LB. I looked them up and it they seem to focus on Divine Servants. As in if you have a team of Artoria, Emiya and Cu, they would only target Cu since he’s Divine.

Interesting, I never noticed.  It won't really affect much though, since you can easily low turn most nodes with them either way iirc.

6 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Im taking this based on my experience playing it with shit account

No, that thing is SPECIFICALLY why you want to run Divine Servant over everything else because thanks for giving me free taunt game. Also its a mob so not that big of an issue if it ever were one

Its not until Surtr that it even comes close to being an issue, and the general idea of LB2 is "use archers" either way since the fight are jokes except for one that requires you to use Archers

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Pretty good team and congratulations on getting Okita Alter!

Thank you!  I got super lucky and got her with my last 10 pull.  She helps me a lot with class coverage, too.

Once I find me some phoenix feathers, Waver will finally max a skill or two.

Here's my team properly embedded
c3vGVMq.png

Edited by Rezzy

LB1 Finished! Turns out I was closer to the end than what I thought. I really liked the battles that came after Ivan, those were pretty neat although the tree was a pain with the Invul Pierce. 

I finished it on the first day of LB2 pre-campaign so I'm not sure if I'll ge the 10 quartz. It'd suck if I don't but I'll wait until reset to see what happens.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:45 PM, Water Mage said:

Finally it's Abby's time to shine :3 I'm really looking forward to LB2, another attempt to get Brynhildr to NP2 or 3 (didn't get a single copy with 1000+ SQ last year). I'm still full of regret ;_;