Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

23 minutes ago, Shahrivar said:

Finally it's Abby's time to shine :3 I'm really looking forward to LB2, another attempt to get Brynhildr to NP2 or 3 (didn't get a single copy with 1000+ SQ last year). I'm still full of regret ;_;

Best of luck.  My last 5* was Okita Alter, and she was pretty handy in the Guda event.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Best of luck.  My last 5* was Okita Alter, and she was pretty handy in the Guda event.

Thanks, I'll probably brute force my way since there aren't many interesting upcoming banners this year.

Slow loading time made me did a lot of non battle stuff. 60 FP 10roll and no Inshun. I got my 1st Angra and every 3 stars under the sun but not him. Turn to Napolean banner with 120 quartz, last roll finally gave me 1 Inshun, guess that will have to do for now.

Gold border does not fit well with Kotarou final ascension card, and I dont like all his previous cards.

On the good side, Anastasia chapter is way easier than I thought, only final Ivan and tree needed some command spell and restart due to my lack of ST assassin.

The engine change didn't disappoint, it feels soo nice to be able to do LB1 free quests without the super lag caused by the blizzard. And that's not all, the load times went down by a lot. Damn, this is pretty great!

The only thing I don't get is the MIX portion when choosing a support, it seems to be like a random setting? I don't get what that's for.

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

The engine change didn't disappoint, it feels soo nice to be able to do LB1 free quests without the super lag caused by the blizzard. And that's not all, the load times went down by a lot. Damn, this is pretty great!

The only thing I don't get is the MIX portion when choosing a support, it seems to be like a random setting? I don't get what that's for.

It displays a full list of supports from all other slots.  It's meant to be used with the improved CE filters for events, which allow you to only show MLB CEs, and specify which specific event CE(s) you want.

Engine update made the text instantly display if I click to fast forward now, which is, ironically, slightly annoying. (Before when I clicked to see all the text there was enough of a delay that I can usually read all of it without needing to backtrack by reading the log, but now all the text displays instantly.)

That said, as long as the text fits within two lines it's a strict upgrade over the previous, where it lagged for a bit to display text, so I'm fine with it.

Edit: Oh cool, looks like we finally got text speed options now.

Double Edit: ...My reading speed is exactly fast enough that I can't use any speed except the fastest option (without feeling like 'this is too slow,' I mean), but I'm not a machine so I can't read a line in the split second before it moves to the next line if the text doesn't fit in the box. PepeHands. (Oh well, I'll just use the log more. For text that fits into the box the way it is now is basically ideal, so it's an improvement over the previous where I'd have to wait for the text unless I clicked to fast forward.)

Edited by DehNutCase

3 hours ago, Magical Glace said:

It displays a full list of supports from all other slots.  It's meant to be used with the improved CE filters for events, which allow you to only show MLB CEs, and specify which specific event CE(s) you want.

I see, that's nice too. I only have like 2 whales on my friend's list and 99% of the time I just take any Waver/Merlin regardless of CE to farm quickly so I probably won't use that perk all that much.

Not sure why the fights are undertuned in the 2nd Lostbelt. (Just about everything is level 88 recommended, meaning they're deliberately undertuned.)

We've had harder fights in earlier story chapters, so it's not like they're worried about people hitting a wall. That said, it's possible section 6 is just the midpoint, so maybe the fights will get harder later.

Edit: Oh, 'restricted formation' means I have to bring Mash, not that I can't bring Mash, lul. Mash is usually about as useful as my third front-line Servant, since I run jank, so it doesn't hurt to bring her in terms of combat. Main reason I don't is because 20% bond additive is slightly less than what she costs---putting a different, Bond gaining Servant is worth 25%,* and multiplicative at that.

*You go from 4 Servants gaining Bond to 5, and it stacks properly with other Bond Point increasing effects.

Double Edit: ...The Crypter is debuffing their own Servant, I think that's a gameplay bug?

Edited by DehNutCase

6 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Double Edit: ...The Crypter is debuffing their own Servant, I think that's a gameplay bug?

It's not, it happens due to story reasons.

Spoiler

Mash is important to Ophelia, and she casts the debuffs if Sigurd attacks Mash as punishment.

16 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Not sure why the fights are undertuned in the 2nd Lostbelt. (Just about everything is level 88 recommended, meaning they're deliberately undertuned.)

We've had harder fights in earlier story chapters, so it's not like they're worried about people hitting a wall. That said, it's possible section 6 is just the midpoint, so maybe the fights will get harder later.

I agree, but I still enjoy the LB a lot, I hope it doesn't let me down in the end like Anastasia did.

Guess I can't complain about having no SSR ST Sabers anymore: 

Spoiler

smAx6V7.png

So, how useful is Sigurd? Outside of his super crit steroid and demolishing Artorias he doesn't seem all that great with his long CDs, but maybe it's just me missing something.

Edited by Alexmender

I'm not a fan of Sigurd personally. If you're using him you're using him for his high Atk and pretty much nothing else. Yeah, he has 50% Buster Up and 100% Crit, but that's literally what Merlin brings to the table, so you wouldn't notice much difference in damage between him and pretty much any other 5* Saber---although the difference is definitely there. I'd unironically like him better if his third skill was Instinct, because as is he still needs support from his teammates despite having Merlin's buff numbers, since he can't make stars by himself. (Yeah, he has 100% Stargen for 1 turn, but that type of effect is way worse than Instinct unless you go the Mash route and make it 300% or something.)

On the plus side, since his 'niche' is being a giant stat stick to beat people to death with crits, he doesn't need high NP levels to function, and he doesn't fill the same role as lower rarity servants,* so there's reasons to bring him even with Saber Hokusai (and Caesar, to a lesser extent), existing. Lower rarity servants rely on supports to recharge their NP Gauge and to buff their NP damage, but someone like Sigurd mostly want supports who can manipulate draws and provide crit stars. Summer BB and Ruler Artoria are the obvious supports for him, but anyone who can die or cause other people to die reliably---taunters or sacrifice NPs---also refresh your command cards for face card manipulation.

*Being a 'stat stick' is a job almost exclusive to 5*s, since they're the ones with good bases. Even for that job Avengers, Rulers, and Beserkers tend to trump Sabers, though, thanks to their 1.1x damage multiplier and arguably better class affinities.

That said, the face card manipulation type of crit team is only theorycraft from me, since not playing on JAP means I don't actually have access to Summer BB, Ruler Artoria, or Chen Gong to test that kind of team. I feel like consistency might be an issue for a team like that, as well as getting enough damage buffs on your damage dealers on top of manipulating command cards. (Poster Girl is almost ideal for manipulating command cards, since you can just have a servant die every turn and trust in RNJesus to get a brave chain every time, but obviously that's inconsistent as hell in exchange for giving you maximum access to skillslots for buffing damage.)

Anyone planning to pull on the 5* GSSR?  I'm thinking of pulling on the Archer one, since I would really like Gilgamesh, archer is one of the several classes I have no 5*, and there's only a couple on the list I'd be bummed if I got, instead of him.

Gilgamesh has a banner in early September so if you’re interested you can try to get him there. Of course pulling of the Archer banner is still a good idea. There’s no bad Archer as FGO players often say. And it’s honestly true. Well, maybe Summer Helena is bad but really only her and she isn’t that bad.

Edited by Water Mage

16 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm not a fan of Sigurd personally. If you're using him you're using him for his high Atk and pretty much nothing else. Yeah, he has 50% Buster Up and 100% Crit, but that's literally what Merlin brings to the table, so you wouldn't notice much difference in damage between him and pretty much any other 5* Saber---although the difference is definitely there. I'd unironically like him better if his third skill was Instinct, because as is he still needs support from his teammates despite having Merlin's buff numbers, since he can't make stars by himself. (Yeah, he has 100% Stargen for 1 turn, but that type of effect is way worse than Instinct unless you go the Mash route and make it 300% or something.)

On the plus side, since his 'niche' is being a giant stat stick to beat people to death with crits, he doesn't need high NP levels to function, and he doesn't fill the same role as lower rarity servants,* so there's reasons to bring him even with Saber Hokusai (and Caesar, to a lesser extent), existing. Lower rarity servants rely on supports to recharge their NP Gauge and to buff their NP damage, but someone like Sigurd mostly want supports who can manipulate draws and provide crit stars. Summer BB and Ruler Artoria are the obvious supports for him, but anyone who can die or cause other people to die reliably---taunters or sacrifice NPs---also refresh your command cards for face card manipulation.

*Being a 'stat stick' is a job almost exclusive to 5*s, since they're the ones with good bases. Even for that job Avengers, Rulers, and Beserkers tend to trump Sabers, though, thanks to their 1.1x damage multiplier and arguably better class affinities.

That said, the face card manipulation type of crit team is only theorycraft from me, since not playing on JAP means I don't actually have access to Summer BB, Ruler Artoria, or Chen Gong to test that kind of team. I feel like consistency might be an issue for a team like that, as well as getting enough damage buffs on your damage dealers on top of manipulating command cards. (Poster Girl is almost ideal for manipulating command cards, since you can just have a servant die every turn and trust in RNJesus to get a brave chain every time, but obviously that's inconsistent as hell in exchange for giving you maximum access to skillslots for buffing damage.)

Yeah, seems about what I expected. Huge stat stick with killer burst dmg but no consistency and horrible CDs. 

I can kind of pull off the pray to RNJesus strat because I got 3 GGPG copies from the Okita pull failure but even then I find that too unreliable from the couple times I tried that strat with Suzuka (whom I think is better at the Saber crit role, her NP creates a good amount of stars and her crit up has higher uptime on average despite having a slightly lower %). 

Eh, I'll ascend Siggy but he'll probably stay at 4/4/1 until he gets an strengthening for his NP, star absorb for his 3rd skill or lower CD on the Mana Burst. It's not like he'll see a lot of use in the era of Break bars anyway.

Rider is the only class I’m missing a GSSR in, so I’m going to roll with that one. I’m cool with about anyone there aside from Summer Salter and Iskander to a certain degree, and even then they’re less offensive compared to duds like Artemis or Nightingale. It feels odd having the limiteds be less lucrative than the permanents, but as someone who almost never gets SSR spooks it doesn’t matter so much. 

Definitely planning to roll during the GSSR. I have SSRs of every class except Beserker and Foreigner, but I'm probably going to wait for Arjuna Alter before I grab an AoE Beserker, and for ST Beserkers Summer Jeanne Alter is coming soon + I have Atalanta Alter, who I like for non-gameplay reasons, so I doubt I'm going for the Beserker Banner.

The Lancer and Assassin pools have the highest portion of people I'm fine with. For Lancers Eresh and Scathach would only get extra NP levels, but I'm fine with that, although I'm not too fond of Karna or Enkidu. For Assassins I'd be fine with getting anyone except Shuten Doji, although 1 Okita Alter from the Extra pool trumps 2 Assassins unless they're both MHX. Biggest issue with the two classes is that between Eresh, Scathach, Jack, and Semiramis I already have both ST and AoE covered.

The Extra pool is most interesting in terms of servants I don't have yet, and I'd be fine with getting extra copies of the Jeannes or Meltryllis. I'm not too interested in Amakusa, Sherlock, Kiara, or Abigail, though, so it's a almost a 50/50 shot of me getting someone I want. On the other hand, Okita Alter and Hokusai are the two SSRs I want the most in the entire pool.

Third place in terms of SSRs I want would probably go to Ishtar, but the Archer pool has a lot of people I don't really care about. Randomly getting Archer Artoria to NP5 her would also be acceptable, but I really don't care about anyone else in there.

(Strictly speaking, the SSR I care about the most is Archer Artoria, but rolling to NP5 a servant in the GSSR is too much of a big brain play for me.)

All things considered, I'm probably just going to roll the Extra banner and pray I get someone I like.

Bigger issue for me with the 3rd Anniversary is choosing event CEs, since there's a lot of amazing ones. (It's going to be Nero and either Eresh, Kiyohime, or Artoria Alter, I think. Mash and Atalanta also have a shot, but I don't see those two beating the other 4.)

Edited by DehNutCase

The classes I'm missing SSRs for are Archer, Lancer, Assassin, Berserker, Moon Cancer, Avenger, Foreigner, and Berserker, so I've got quite a few open roles, still.  I've only played since January, though.

I don't have SSR in Assassin, Berserker, Avenger, or Foreigner.  Moon Cancer doesn't have any SSR until Summer 3 so don't count that.  I'll be pulling Extra, as while I have two Extra class SSR dupes of them are still better than a character I just don't like such as Cu Alter.  

Completed the second Lostbelt; overall I thought it was okay.  Felt it didn't have enough materal to work up so the writers had to repeat the same conversation multiple times in order the get the length need. The ending made up of majority of the highlights. Game-play wise I went through most battles with Da Vinci and Abby. On the easier side wit the expectation of town fights that being Sigurd/Valkyrie and Skadi/Valkyrie.

Current have 300 sq. I'm almost ready to have a change for Skadi.

And the streak of luck continues (I hope it'll stay that way when Skadi releases):

Spoiler

4lXcD3t.png

With this I now have an SSR Assassin to show off in my support list. Eventually. It's too hard to get out of QP hell without a lotto or something that can easily net you 100+ Million QP I also ran out of EXP cards after my 4* levelling spree so.... I rolled more for sentimental reasons (wanting to reunite Sigurd and Brynhild, but that'll have to wait until Bryn's next banner which I think won't happen until two years from now?), but guess it's too soon for that.

As for Valkyrie, they'll just sit around in My Room because 3x1 is awesome but I already have Parvati maxed out for farming purposes.

There’s a new interlude batch in JP and Reines get a buff. And there’s people already claiming she’s better than Waver now since she also gives a 50% NP charge. While Reines’ buff is amazing I don’t think it makes her better than Waver. I would say it puts them at the same level. Plus Waver is still a little more flexible than Reines, mostly because of their NPs. Unless you’re using Berserkers, Waver’s NP will still be more universally useful than Reines’ NP. It depends on the situation which is better.

I mean, lots of people are better than Waver in their specific niches. Even Tamamo is better than Waver in her specific niche, minuscule as it might be.

The issue is:

A, Outside of their specific niches, Waver is better.

B, Inside of their niches, Waver is probably something like the 2nd best pick anyway.

Waver's NP battery is just way too good (yeah a lot of people tie him at 50% for a single target, but Waver has 90% battery if you consider the entire team), and his buff numbers aren't bad either.

Reines specializes in supporting a single target, so Waver is noticeably better basically everywhere else. Take farming, for example, there are farming comps that only use a single damage dealer, but they're relatively uncommon. Whereas Waver's AoE Atk buff & better battery means that his teams have easier time farming, and even for single damage dealer comps Waver's not going to be significantly worse than Reines.

For CQs Reines suffers from the fact that her face cards somehow manage to be worse than Waver's (double quick card deck rather than triple Arts, Atk demerit, and capping it all off with a Rider's star weight because why not) and that she isn't actually that much better than Waver's at preventing effective damage in exchange for her 2 hit invul buff.

Assuming 2x effective damage to 1x damage, over 3 turns that's 300%. That is, we take 200% damage every turn, but we reduce it by 100% a turn, to 300% over 3 turns.

50% Stun prevents 100%---we take 200% a turn, but we have a 50% chance to prevent it for a turn. (Odds can be boosted with overcharge, item construction, and any debuff chance improving skills while lowered by stuff like magic resistance, but we'll ignore that.) And Waver's defense buff is also slightly better. Two Wavers would have 60% defense and 1k damage cut compared to two Reines with 50% defense and 800 damage cut.

Over 3 turns a double Reines' team would take 600% -> 300% (Reines NP) -> 150% (50% defense, ignoring damage cut or enemy Atk Ups).

Double Waver team would take 600% -> 500% (from 50% chance to stun for a turn on Waver's NP) -> 200% (60% defense, ignoring damage cut or enemy Atk Ups).

Mind, I'm ignoring Reines' two hit invul here, which should be amazing for CQs. But I'm also ignoring the fact that you don't really run into situations where you take 2x effective damage on everyone unless you're a nutjob. 1.5x is more realistic (fighting Beserkers.)

Reines would have the damage go from 1.5x effective to 1x effective, 3 turns preventing 150% damage.

Waver's 50% stun prevents 75%---since we're taking 150% a turn.

Double Reines team takes 450% -> 300% (Reines NP) -> 150% (50% Defense)

Double Waver team takes 450% -> 375% (50% chance to stun for a turn) -> 150% (60% Defense).

Double Waver and Double Reines is basically identical if you're fighting Beserkers, ignoring her invul. (Which, mind, is a huge thing to ignore.)

It more or less just boils down to Reines having a heavier star weight, a worse deck (2 Quick cards, and crappy ones at that), slightly worse teamwide battery, and worse AoE Atk buffs in exchange for a 2 hit invul and slightly better single target Atk buff.

Reines isn't bad or anything, but Waver's honestly kind of a freak.

Edited by DehNutCase