Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Reines only having two arts cards is kinda counterbalanced by how absurd the two arts cards she has are.  She gets more NP gain off them than many servants with single arts decks.  It's incredibly easy to keep Reines NP up 24/7 once she gets it off once, even stack it on top of itself.  

Also, Reines has a notable farming use that Waver cannot do in that she can charge two team members 30%.  So you can have two servants with 20% battery carry a 50% gauge CE with Reines, while you can't with Waver.  Or you can tote around two MLB Imaginary Elements instead of Kscopes to save on party cost unless you're like my NA account and somehow still have not managed to mlb one IE.  

Also, Reines class disadvantage cancel thing does have one more thing I feel is worth mentioning other than getting rid of weakness to Berserkers, and that is it gets rid of Caster Weakness to Riders.  While I was doing the Ivan fight on NA recently I found myself really wishing to have her around, even in her unbuffed state, since that'd mean Ivan wasn't just instantly murdering Merlin or Waver.  I did the Megalos + Rider of Resistance fight in JP yesterday with a freshly buffed friend Reines, and not having my Waver die or come close to dying when the Rider finally NP'd was a godsend, because I was using Karna as DPS since he could kill Megalos quickly with his effective vs Divine thing so the Rider was relatively slow to go down.

In the end, I'd agree with the assessment that it really depends on the situation which is going to be better.  Reines is definitely in the big leagues of good supports now though, imo.  Any servant with 50% battery is going to be.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind the main issue with the 2 arts deck is that she's worse at making arts chains. Her personal NP generation isn't much worse thanks to the quality of her Arts cards, but the team she's on has worse NP gen in exchange. The fact that her arts cards have good numbers means you get the option to put her card third in the chain and get buckets of NP for her, but generally speaking a damage dealer's NP is more valuable than a support's*, so it doesn't really change the fact that the best slot for her arts card is near the start of the chain rather than the end.

*There are exceptions like Jeanne's NP, and Reines herself is an exception if uptime on her NP is important for survival, but the issue with prioritizing a support's cards is that the boss takes longer to kill, so there's a definite trade-off.

Regarding the support Caster being eaten by Rider enemies thing, I personally don't have too much of an issue with it thanks to the fact that my roster is pretty deep, but I do see how it can be valuable.

I have non-Caster supports like Nero Bride and Semiramis, and I don't mind if my Caster supports bite the dust since the replacement would be almost as good anyway---not too much of a loss to lose Waver during the middle of a CQ if Merlin pops up to take his place, for example.

Regarding cost, Dragon's Meridian (50% NP) and Kaleidoscope is 5 + 12 = 17 cost, versus 9 + 9 = 18 cost for double MLB Imaginary Element. Usually damage would be an issue since Dragon's Meridian has worse Atk than Imaginary Element, but Waver's AoE Atk Up compensates for that. (And Reines' better single target buff compensates for the fact that Kaleidoscope has better Atk than Imaginary Element.)

Reines only "100%" beat Waver in super meme mega optimized 3TK setting where you only push 1 servant damage and flood yourself with resource. Anywhere outside that Waver is still stronger. Its something a lot of people kinda dismiss, but frankly for example i consider the best farming set up in the game to be the AA Arash Waver Skadi set up* and Waver is better than Reines by miles for that due to his ATK being AOE, and anywhere lower than that(when you can't simply flex bomb waves casually so had to go 2 DPS 1 support route) the flex of buffing multiples can get value

*Super advanced version would be Merlin AA Arash Skadi but its much harder to enable properly

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

It's been a while since the last time I asked about this in here, so might as well.

Does anyone here have any of the following Bond CE on NA?

• Sabers: Suzuka, Yagyu, Sigurd
  • Archers: Moriarty, Emiya Alter, Altera the Sunta, Chiron, Napoleon
  • Lancers: Fionn, Li Shuwen, Pavarti, Nezha, Valkyrie
  • Riders: Anne and Mary, Kintoki, Ivan, Achilles, Ryouma,
  • Casters: Halloween Liz, Paracelsus, Geronimo, Scheherazade, Circe, Anastasia, Sieg, 
  • Assassins: Jing Ke, Phantom of the Opera, Hassan of the Hundred Personas, Chiyome, Danzou, Osakabehime, Semiramis, Izou
  • Berserkers: Atalante Alter
  • Extra Classes: Hessian Lobo, Mecha Eli Mk II, Hokusai, Salieri, Okita Alter

If you do have them, could you put them on support so I could register them?  It would be much appreciated.

Edited by Magical Glace

4 hours ago, Magical Glace said:

It's been a while since the last time I asked about this in here, so might as well.

Does anyone here have any of the following Bond CE on NA?

• Sabers: Suzuka, Yagyu, Sigurd
  • Archers: Moriarty, Emiya Alter, Altera the Sunta, Chiron, Napoleon
  • Lancers: Fionn, Li Shuwen, Pavarti, Nezha, Valkyrie
  • Riders: Anne and Mary, Kintoki, Ivan, Achilles, Ryouma,
  • Casters: Halloween Liz, Paracelsus, Geronimo, Scheherazade, Circe, Anastasia, Avicebron, Sieg, 
  • Assassins: Jing Ke, Phantom of the Opera, Hassan of the Hundred Personas, Chiyome, Danzou, Osakabehime, Semiramis, Izou
  • Berserkers: Atalante Alter
  • Extra Classes: Hessian Lobo, Mecha Eli Mk II, Hokusai, Salieri, Okita Alter

If you do have them, could you put them on support so I could register them?  It would be much appreciated.

I don't have of those now, but in time, I should have Anastasia and Okita Alter at least.

1 hour ago, QKumber said:

Working on CasterLiz myself. Ask me again in couple months 😛

I started LB2 and boy... I am LOVING LB2 archer! His smug/smile looks SO good on him hahaha! 

Liking it a lot so far =]

Funny, I'd been working on hers as well, via the same method I used for Stheno... Maybe I should switch to someone else for that then.  Perhaps Santa Altera.

19 hours ago, Magical Glace said:

Funny, I'd been working on hers as well, via the same method I used for Stheno... Maybe I should switch to someone else for that then.  Perhaps Santa Altera.

I usually stop at bond9, but since Skadi is finally around, I can top off some ppl. Phantom, Geronimo, Gilles, and a few more of the lower star dudes.

Such a slow process outside lottery events >>

Huh...

With Hokusai from the GSSR that makes it 3/3 in terms of me getting my highest priority servant from a GSSR. Only 4 copies of Salieri, but I don't really care about him too much, so whatever.

I was going to shank wallet-kun for Skadi if necessary, so getting her wasn't a problem unless I suddenly ended up with F rank luck, but picking up another copy of Black Grail* in the process was nice. (Also picked up another copy of 2030, but I pretty much never use it.) A second copy of Parvati and NP1 Wu Zetian also popped up, but I doubt I'll use Wu much---not a fan of her art & Assassin is already covered anyway.

*Already have an MLB, but I'm actually pretty close to a second MLB copy.

Would've liked to pick up a copy of Tale of Hope and Love since it's limited, has good art, + the effect is pretty decent even non-MLB, but it's not important enough to roll for exclusively.

Skadi is really nice, she only cost me 150sq and 20 tickets. 

Spoiler

f4jwGG1.png

Other notable things is that I got 2 copies of the 5* CE, MLB the 4* CE, NP2 Vlad Lancer and NP1 Shinjuku Assassin. 

Getting Skadi to NP2+ is just for bragging purposes so I'll stop at NP1, after all the crit up isn't that big of a deal when there's many other sources for getting that buff.

45 tickets:

- Tamamo caster;

- Waver;

- Napoleon;

- Skadi !!!

- 2 x A Tale of Hope and Love;

- Stheno.

Better impossible !!! Funny that I got 3 spooks, but 2 are from the other best casters of the FGO !!

Soo good in catch Tamamo, Waver and Skadi in the same day.

My GSSR was none other than the king of the sun, and I’m perfectly satisfied with that.

HbjF5tA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Rolling for Skadi meanwhile only took me two 10 rolls. Guess I’ll hoard the remaining quartz for Summer 3.

X2lqibW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The anniversary is off to a great start for me. Yahoo!

Well, it's that time of year again...

I really can't stress this enough, PLEASE PUT YOUR TRAVELLING PORTRAIT CES ON YOUR NON-EVENT SUPPORT LIST THIS WEEK.

It doesn't matter if you picked one that's more common.  Anyone who puts their CEs on support raises the chance of those CEs being found by just resetting supports.  

Still need everyone other than Eresh and Merlin who I picked and Abby and Hokusai which I found already.

EDIT: Down to needing only Martha, Kojiro, Sanson, Yan Qing, Nightingale, and Atalante.

Edited by Magical Glace

GSSR gave me a rare prism (np9 Yuri Pirates) and np3 Ozy. Which I am ok with. Rolled rider to avoid being unhappy and Ozy is ok! Sadly, not a single Columbus but alas. Now np3 Ozy and Quetz here... single caster bosses are not something I fear :P

Skadi came home with just the tickets! 54 of those for Skadi, Kscope and my first Atalanta Zerker! Now I am left with all my savings (1400+ SQ) and not sure what to do

edit: still finishing lb2, will get portraits right after Glaceon =p

Edited by QKumber

Guaranteed SSR was Maid Alter! After try hard for her last year to no success, I'm happy it was her~

Haven't tried for Skadi, I'm thinking of holding off until the summer banners.

Edit: Scratch that, decided to do 5 ticket pulls and Skadi came on the fourth. I don't know what's going on here, but I fear for my luck on the Heroes Summer 2 banner.

Edited by silverserpent

8 hours ago, Magical Glace said:

Well, it's that time of year again...

I really can't stress this enough, PLEASE PUT YOUR TRAVELLING PORTRAIT CES ON YOUR NON-EVENT SUPPORT LIST THIS WEEK.

It doesn't matter if you picked one that's more common.  Anyone who puts their CEs on support raises the chance of those CEs being found by just resetting supports.  

Still need everyone other than Eresh and Merlin who I picked and Abby and Hokusai which I found already.

EDIT: Down to needing only Martha, Kojiro, Sanson, Yan Qing, Nightingale, and Atalante.

I have Yan Qin. I’m gonna put him on my Assasin Support.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I put the Martha CE on my Ruler Martha. She's on the Extra support.

Thanks.  That just leaves Atalante.  Looking at the CE exchange on reddit it seems like a lot of people are missing it...  Hm, I hope someone who has it posts.

Edit: Friend asked his friends if they knew anyone with Atalante's CE and one of them decided to pick it (having previously been considering picking it).  Now I have all of em registered, it's quite nice to have that part of the SOL complete!

Edited by Magical Glace

2 hours ago, Magical Glace said:

Thanks.  That just leaves Atalante.  Looking at the CE exchange on reddit it seems like a lot of people are missing it...  Hm, I hope someone who has it posts.

Edit: Friend asked his friends if they knew anyone with Atalante's CE and one of them decided to pick it (having previously been considering picking it).  Now I have all of em registered, it's quite nice to have that part of the SOL complete!

If you need another Atalante I can add you as a friend.

My Atalante will be my next lv 100 in 2-3 months, because waifu > meta !

https://rayshift.io/na/799829176

Edited by supreme123

On 7/8/2020 at 12:03 AM, supreme123 said:

If you need another Atalante I can add you as a friend.

My Atalante will be my next lv 100 in 2-3 months, because waifu > meta !

https://rayshift.io/na/799829176

Ah, for my own registration purposes I'm good on travel CE now.  I'd still recommend keeping it on support for the next week or so to help others though!

Though if you still want to help me with CE list, if you have any of these bond CE that'd help a lot!

• Saber: Suzuka, Yagyu, Sigurd
  • Archer: Moriarty, Emiya Alter, Chiron, Napoleon
  • Lancer: Li Shuwen, Nezha, Valkyrie
  • Rider: Ivan, Achilles, Ryouma
  • Caster: Paracelsus, Circe, Anastasia, Sieg, Skadi,
  • Assassin: Jing Ke, Chiyome, Danzou, Semiramis, Izou,
  • Berserker: Atalante Alter
  • Extra: Hessian Lobo, Mecha Eli Mk II, Hokusai, Salieri, Okita Alter
Edited by Magical Glace

5 hours ago, Magical Glace said:

Ah, for my own registration purposes I'm good on travel CE now.  I'd still recommend keeping it on support for the next week or so to help others though!

Though if you still want to help me with CE list, if you have any of these bond CE that'd help a lot!

• Saber: Suzuka, Yagyu, Sigurd
  • Archer: Moriarty, Emiya Alter, Chiron, Napoleon
  • Lancer: Fionn, Li Shuwen, Nezha, Valkyrie
  • Rider: Anne and Mary, Kintoki, Ivan, Achilles, Ryouma
  • Caster: Halloween Liz, Paracelsus, Geronimo, Scheherazade, Circe, Anastasia, Sieg, Skadi,
  • Assassin: Jing Ke, Phantom of the Opera, Chiyome, Danzou, Semiramis, Izou,
  • Berserker: Atalante Alter
  • Extra: Hessian Lobo, Mecha Eli Mk II, Hokusai, Salieri, Okita Alter

Sorry, I dont have any of mentioned CEs, but Skadi CE will come in more or less 1 year, hahaha .

Now I need to skip 2 subs to get the 2 grails needed for lv 100.

107567380_1121528531564916_851466776061473255_n.jpg

Edited by supreme123

After trying to do the double Skadi memes on the memorial quests I finally get what people meant with it being a "Kill in 3T or be killed" setup for any kind of boss battle. Using Ridertoki to roll over Caster Gilles and Flauros felt super rewarding but as soon as the EoR battles came with their break bars everything went to hell. Skadi's NP looks like an okay panic button on paper because it lets you bypass some NPs, but it does nothing against crits (and whatever Megalos did after getting his bar full). 

I can see some setups with ST Quick DPS (needs Black Grail)/Skadi/Skadi/Summer BB with Plugsuit working, but it is super AP costly for rerolling for the perfect deck. Too much hassle for me, I'll stick to arts stall with BB/Jeanne/Friend Merlin. At least that setup is foolproof even if it takes 20x longer.