Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much just farming whatever I feel like right now. I need either new mats from lostbelts, hearts, or dusts, but it looks like none of the aid battles drop them so I'm just doing whatever.

Also, seems like Command Codes are bugged at the moment, because right now the healing ones just apply a buff that does nothing. : /

Right now I'm just messing around seeing what I can 3T with double Skadi (so far Sabers and Zerkers are safe with Atalanta, I need to see if Parvati can do it reliably for Archers considering she's only at NP1). It also helps that doing all that testing will let me buy the shop CEs quickly to MLB it and still have 3 to spare for my lineups. 

After the testing is done I'm going to focus on getting Chains because you can never have too many of those so probably I'll stick with Helena for the remainder of the round. 

Okay, minor rant here (towards no one in particular, just letting off some minor salt). What is wrong with you people? Y’all really couldn’t wait until the fourth round to go all in on Team Choco huh? You do realize that horns are one of the most useless mats out there that given out like candy despite their gold status but nooooooooooooo gotta have your narratives fulfilled for the poor “underdogs”. Thanks for nothing, FGO community. *cries in gears and dust*

The more important thing about helping a team is what drops during the aid battle itself instead of the rewards for ranking, tbh. Feathers and seeds are pretty decent to spam farm, and being an Assassin node means you get to bring Caster Nero (should be easy to find on support lists).

Only downside is that the node drops silver mats rather than gold, so excessive farming isn't rewarding. (With a bunch of drop bonuses and using the boost item running a gold node drops about as much QP as doing 40 AP doors, so it ends up being really efficient since you get mat drops on top of the QP.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

Okay, minor rant here (towards no one in particular, just letting off some minor salt). What is wrong with you people? Y’all really couldn’t wait until the fourth round to go all in on Team Choco huh? You do realize that horns are one of the most useless mats out there that given out like candy despite their gold status but nooooooooooooo gotta have your narratives fulfilled for the poor “underdogs”. Thanks for nothing, FGO community. *cries in gears and dust*

It’s not because of 5 horns but because of the of the possibility of getting 10+ Feathers while farming.

58 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Only downside is that the node drops silver mats rather than gold, so excessive farming isn't rewarding. (With a bunch of drop bonuses and using the boost item running a gold node drops about as much QP as doing 40 AP doors, so it ends up being really efficient since you get mat drops on top of the QP.)

While I do agree that the silver drops are weakest I wouldn’t put it down, plus I heard that Summer Jeanne needs a lot of Ice so it’s useful for that too, since I imagine a lot of people are going for Summer Jeanne not only because they like the character but also want her for looping madness.

Edited by Water Mage

3 hours ago, Silverly said:

I feel your pain. All I want is to get some Reverse Dragon Scales but apparently people are too good for those. Just let Nobu and Heroine get third place damnit.

1 hour ago, Duham said:

I feel your pain. All I want is to get some Reverse Dragon Scales but apparently people are too good for those. Just let Nobu and Heroine get third place damnit.

If you wanna get angry at a Team, get angry at Team Nero. Team Nito at least has the excuse of having a node that is great for farming Feathers. Team Nero on the other hand, has a bad prize and a node that’s not particularly good for farming.

A Fate  Extra remake got announced. Might give it a shot when it comes out. Also on Kiara got a np buff having the second largest healing the the game, first being Enkidu. Hey her np hit like a damp towel instead of wet paper. Nightless City Caster received a 30% battery buff on her 1st skill. DW has some odd choices when it comes to strengthenings.  

38 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

A Fate  Extra remake got announced. Might give it a shot when it comes out. Also on Kiara got a np buff having the second largest healing the the game, first being Enkidu. Hey her np hit like a damp towel instead of wet paper. Nightless City Caster received a 30% battery buff on her 1st skill. DW has some odd choices when it comes to strengthenings.  

Kiara NP buff?  Finally.  I always thought her NP1 damage was pretty meh.  Extra healing is nice too I guess though.

I wonder if Arthur will ever get a buff.  He seems to do pretty well for me, but the made a new bottom tier just for him and a few others.  Maybe add a charisma to his intuition, since most of the other Artorias have it.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder if Arthur will ever get a buff.  He seems to do pretty well for me, but the made a new bottom tier just for him and a few others.  Maybe add a charisma to his intuition, since most of the other Artorias have it.

If you’re looking at the Gamepress’ tier list, then don’t worry, everyone in FGO fandom consider that list bullshit. That being said Arthur admittedly still isn’t high tier. However he will get a buff next year, to his Intuition skill. It will give 30 stars and boost his critical damage. 

Edited by Water Mage

I don't remember the CQ being this much of a pain last time around. Then again, I probably had Caster Nero* being the main damage dealer last time around, and her sustained damage is better than Artoria's. (Better face cards for getting NP & 3 turn duration on her 50% Atk Up compared to a 1 turn Mana Burst.)

*It's also possible that I had Archer Artoria as the main damage dealer last time, don't really remember what I did. Once the first two Lancers are gone she'd be able to kill things off one by one at a steady clip while avoiding NPs.

Ended up brute forcing it by using 2 command seals near the end, but I can't be assed to keep retrying different team comps.

Parvati and Double Skadi is a strong comp for gauntlet type CQs, with all the NP charge she produces and the charms giving free turns. Yep, I need to get Parvati to NP2 when the SR ticket becomes available. I had to use Command Spells at the end because I ran out of options, but only Marie and Martha were alive at that point (mostly Marie due to her invincibility, Martha was almost dead) so that's a win for Quick memes in my book. 

So I was checking Gamepress’ tier list again, and holy shit it’s bad. I knew it was bad before, but I noticed some new bad things about it. First, why the hell Drake is a tier above Achilles and Ivan? Yes, she’s a great Servant, the 50% battery is great but in no way she’s better than Achilles, that has a very complete skill set, of Ivan who has AoE buff removal. And Hokusai being a tier above Gilgamesh? Who thought of that? Sorry for the rant, but the tier list is really bad. Gamepress is still a good site, but fuck their tier list.

7 hours ago, Water Mage said:

So I was checking Gamepress’ tier list again, and holy shit it’s bad. I knew it was bad before, but I noticed some new bad things about it. First, why the hell Drake is a tier above Achilles and Ivan? Yes, she’s a great Servant, the 50% battery is great but in no way she’s better than Achilles, that has a very complete skill set, of Ivan who has AoE buff removal. And Hokusai being a tier above Gilgamesh? Who thought of that? Sorry for the rant, but the tier list is really bad. Gamepress is still a good site, but fuck their tier list.

Personally I would put Drake above Ivan, it takes basically 100% Golden Rule to match 50% Battery because of how math ends up working. If you have 100% Golden Rule then getting 50% NP from regular attacks will end up giving you 50% from the Golden Rule, tying with a 50% Battery---because of how command decks work it's not really feasible to get more than 1 NP from face cards every 3 turns, which is how long Golden Rule lasts. Ivan's kit and bases are pretty amazing, but not having an NP battery really puts a damper on things.

I'm not too big a fan of buff removal (it's nice to have, but it doesn't tend to change my evaluation of units just because they have them) since using buffs of the opposing type is pretty much the same as removing them anyway. Invul Pierce to 'remove' dodge/invul, Atk Up to 'remove' Defense Up, etc. There's also the slight issue of latency, since enemies get to use their offensive buffs for a turn before you get a chance to remove them. Drake having Invul Pierce also means that one of the most important categories of buffs to remove isn't as important when she's on your team.

Ivan also has an Invul, which is great, and I wouldn't diss people for valuing it more than NP batteries, but my personal perspective is that killing things faster means you need less defensive buffs to survive.

Achilles vs. Drake is pretty much how much you value refills and bulk vs. offensive consistency from Drake's Invul Pierce, so I'd put them more or less in the same tier. Drake probably does more damage and scales a little better due to her NP Interlude, but it shouldn't be enough of a damage difference to matter. Achilles should be better in CQs (unless Invul Pierce happens to matter) while Drake's better for farming.

I lucked out and managed to get the Dive to Blue CE to drop, which I really wanted and will be perfect for Anastasia.  No luck for me on getting part 1's CE to drop, but that one was lower priority.  I might grind out the free quests to clear out the shop and get lucky on that one, but I won't spend any apples for it.

I seem to remember using command seals last time I did the bull of heaven, so I guess I did better this time since I didn't have to use one.

(Took a few tries, though.)

It's kind of stupid that double Merlin + Jack somehow ended up being the winning front line. Sustain is just too important---yeah, Merlin gets KO'd from full hp if the bull focuses him, but between the 3k heal from Hero Creation, 1 turn invul & crit down, and Merlin's NP he's still one of the better choices. A more stall focused build involving Jeanne could also work, but that would make a long CQ even longer, since I'd have to ignore my damage dealer's cards to click Jeanne's.

Edited by DehNutCase

Had to use my Command Seals, but managed to beat the Challenge Quest with Cu, Waver, Mash, Holmes, Assassin Nitocris, and a support First Hassan.

Holmes has really proven useful for a lot of these fights, and grailed Cu is a nice cheap option, but the buff removal in this fight really hurt.

Welp, I'm starting extremely late as I haven't been playing FGO at all for quite some time.

Hopefully I'll be able to max out Rider Ishtar before the event is over in 2 days, and I'm just starting now. The rest (CE and Mats) I can skip on.

5 hours ago, Sire said:

Welp, I'm starting extremely late as I haven't been playing FGO at all for quite some time.

Hopefully I'll be able to max out Rider Ishtar before the event is over in 2 days, and I'm just starting now. The rest (CE and Mats) I can skip on.

Good luck, I think it ends tomorrow night.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:21 PM, Rezzy said:

Good luck, I think it ends tomorrow night.

Managed to go through the story (no skipping) and get the materials for Rider Ishtar. She is NP5 and all I need to do is level her up to ascend her to max.
-- Didn't get to do my 2nd plan of getting the Part II Shop CE which looked interesting, but it is what it is.

Summer Mordred carried me through most of the sections due to KScope and her NP Charge. I also used my Arash a couple times to speed things up as well.
-- I managed to complete all the Part II Challenge Quests, but never got around to finishing the Part I Challenge Quests (as they awarded extra fluff).

11 hours ago, Sire said:

Managed to go through the story (no skipping) and get the materials for Rider Ishtar. She is NP5 and all I need to do is level her up to ascend her to max.
-- Didn't get to do my 2nd plan of getting the Part II Shop CE which looked interesting, but it is what it is.

Summer Mordred carried me through most of the sections due to KScope and her NP Charge. I also used my Arash a couple times to speed things up as well.
-- I managed to complete all the Part II Challenge Quests, but never got around to finishing the Part I Challenge Quests (as they awarded extra fluff).

Congrats on your Ishtar!

If I'm up late enough I'm going to use the tickets I have for the month and hopefully get Dantes.  Caster Gil would also be nice, since I don't have either yet.

Gacha is suffering, and that's all I'm going to say on the matter.

(A look at my support list should give a pretty decent indication of what happened to me.)

The rest of my budget this year is going towards NP5 Archuria and MLB Starry Nights, so there's no room to try for Summer Jeanne or BB anymore.