Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tawara fight got cleared using Enkidu/Merlin/Ereshkigal for the most part. Until the end where he slapped seals on everyone. Then my level 60 Cu came in and swept him for the last 300k.

For the banner, I really hoped for Gil, but expected nothing. With only 30sq to my name I put in the pull and saw gold...it was Moolah. BUT, but, just like in the summer banner with BB, immediately following the 4* was rainbow sparks and my king made a reappearance! Archer Gil is NP3 now and, hopefully, I can get the last two copies in the New Year's pulls. I doubt it, but maybe he'll be generous. 

Did the Tawara quest with a solo Scathach. Mostly followed a guide that suggested a solo and she was my ST Lancer, so with 2 attempts of figuring things out I managed to beat it.

Regarding Lotto Boxes, may have went a bit overboard with the early farming since I'm already on Box 50. Simplifying things to make runs faster is quite effective, and with the materials and QP I got an amazing jumpstart to maximizing my servants again. I still have 243 Golden Apples left and I'm aiming to try to save 200 of them for the finals since they have the best drop rates. // Meanwhile, gonna conserve my Silver and Bronze for Story quests or whatever else I feel like playing.

So far the farming is going smoothly. I've only opened 5 boxes but have enough tickets to get up to box 15 or so. I'm going to open them when the qualifiers end to max Sieg and Paracelsus to make my life easier on the semi finals. 

As for the CQs. The Touta one was a joke. I used Tamalancer/Jeanne/Support Merlin and beat it first try (I didn't look at any kind of guide, I just saw Rice Man and knew Tama was the go to). Outside of the first 3 turns or so I wasn't even close to dying and the card block means nothing when I can just Dispel Jeanne with the Atlas MC and then NP spam. Although I think I made the battle last longer than it should've, it took me 20 turns but I think a Lancer solo would clear it in 10. Eh, 20 turns is still a good record for a stall-y team. 

The Leonidas one is basically "AoE NP spam" the CQ. Leonidas himself is barely threatening so just focus on getting rid of the mooks before they become a pain. It took me two tries, the first one I used Raikou/Mash/Merlin but Raikou exploded halfway through and I had no other AoE servant. For the rematch I used Nero Caster/Mash/Merlin with Da Vinci as backup. Going at it with Neutral dmg made it take longer than I would've liked but Nero has enough firepower to smash through those mooks like butter. Mash is better than Jeanne here because 3 turns of Def Up is better than 1 turn of Invul and the Taunt is a lifesaver when the mooks get too Crit happy while every skill is on CD. 

I accidentally went into Leonidas with the lottery drop CE rather than the damage CE, LUL. I don't know if the break bar would change things, but considering I wasn't having much problems slowly chipping Leonidas down without the damage CE I don't see Leonidas being a problem once I actually use relevant CEs.

Assuming the 2nd break bar doesn't have hilarious amounts of hp, it should be pretty doable even without damage CEs. (A tanky team with Prisma Cosmos should be able to stall pretty much forever, and skill seal isn't an issue if you run Jeanne since her NP dispels. Edit: Apparently the debuffs are undispellable, feelsbadman.)

Edit: Kind of wish I used Semiramis rather than Eresh as my damage dealer in the Eresh/Merlin/Jeanne comp---Semi does way less damage but she has 2 more Arts cards in her deck + her defense buff is tied to her NP rather than a skill, so the more you spam her NP the tankier the team gets, and a team with 9 arts cards + 2 arts NPs spams a LOT of NPs. I'm actually considering picking up NP2 for Jeanne since it gives 10% more defense when she uses her NP.

Double Edit: Took 47 turns, but nobody died and it was pretty safe overall. Would be hard for Eresh to do a no damage CE run, because without damage CEs the enemy mooks will get to stack a lot of offensive buffs, meaning you'll want a team that can stack a bunch of defensive buffs. Semi might be able to do it, like I mentioned, but Jeanne also might need NP2 for the extra 10% Defense on her NP.

Edited by DehNutCase

Okada Izo seems like a pretty easy fight, but I like the mechanics of it, making you care about the last attack card in a turn. It feels like it's a bit too easy to make Arts the one that gives a basically irrelevant demerit, though, since crit stars doesn't matter as much enemy crit damage up or a stun & casters tend to have tons of Arts cards.

If I knew about the mechanics beforehand I would've went with a Melt + Caster Nero combo rather than just running a full lineup of casters, though, since Melt's buff dispel is pretty relevant & her having a Quick NP type along with Nero's Buster and a bunch of caster Art face cards makes controlling what card type I use really easy.

Edited by DehNutCase

Had some problems with the Okada fight, specifically in the 2nd phase due to the high health.

I tried going in a different direction with a Crit Build as recommended by Kscopedia, using Melt as my main DPS. I also attempted to use Summer BB to lock in the cards, my own Waver, a support Skadi, Mash, and my Lvl 90 George (with Bond CE). Of course, as it relied heavily on RNG (Crits being landed, hoping Melt doesn't die, and getting the right cards to lock in), it was not fun to run.

Somehow managed on my 4th attempt, even with terrible starting RNG. I forgot about Grudge Match giving a single Guts to Melt, which ended up saving the match. The fight itself lasted about 14 turns with my setup.

Edited by Sire

The Izo fight was tricky until I stopped trying to Jeanne+Merlin it and instead took a support Melt. Melt/Skadi/Jeanne/Sanzang/Stheno was more than enough to get rid of him. It took 21 turns which is pretty fast for me. Skadi exploded first, followed by Jeanne at the end of the fight. Melt can really do a number to bosses that rely on buffing themselves (as long as it isn't unremovable stuff), all the more reason to try and get her during the CCC rerun. 

I'm pretty sure this fight can be trivialized by using Medusa lily/Euryale/Stheno. With all the charms, stuns, NP drains and Stheno's NP removing buffs it shouldn't be too difficult to keep Izo in check. I kinda want to try this but raising Ana isn't one of my priorities so eh. 

First attempt exploded because I went with a ST saber dominated lineup and got eaten by Archer Jeanne, 2nd attempt went better since I went with a gameplan of having Eresh kill Nobu and Jeanne and having Nero Bride in the backlines to finish off Jaguar, but I didn't quite have enough damage. (Jaguar had like 150k left, which is about 2 NPs worth, and I wasn't willing to command seal to finish the fight.)

Part of the mistake was me running Nero Caster in the backline, though, since I was expecting to need another AoE Servant before Jeanne and Nobu are down, but since that ended up unnecessary Nero didn't really add a lot of damage.

Backline is Hercules & Nero Bride now, hopefully that'll work better. (Honestly OG Nero might be better than bride, sure, her NP is AoE but she has Thrice Setting Sun, so the sheer amount of face cards she gets to use might make up for it.)

Edit: Only Herc and Nero Bride were alive at the end, but done without using command seals. (Full lineup was Eresh/Merlin/Support Waver/Ortinax Mash*/Nero Bride/Herc.)

*Probably worse than regular mash, but I'm setting up her command codes under the assumption she'll be Ort in all cases, since OG!Mash and Ort Mash want different Command Codes.

Edited by DehNutCase

That Jaguar CQ was hellish, I ended wasting all my Command Spells but I beat it (although not in the way i would've wished). Parvati does a number to Nobu and Jeanne but Taiga is a pain that forced me to rely on support Cu Alter...I really need to work on my Herc, I hate being carried by friend support when I have quite a few good servants. 

Update on the Jaguar CQ, after I calmed down I managed to beat it! By the skin of my teeth and with a lot of save scumming but damn I don’t regret it! And with the ticket I pulled Tamacat, a new SR for me! I guess that ticket was worth it!

9 hours ago, Alexmender said:

That Jaguar CQ was hellish, I ended wasting all my Command Spells but I beat it (although not in the way i would've wished). Parvati does a number to Nobu and Jeanne but Taiga is a pain that forced me to rely on support Cu Alter...I really need to work on my Herc, I hate being carried by friend support when I have quite a few good servants. 

I finally managed to get my own Cu to 90 with lotto embers.  I've put off doing the challenge quests, but I might try to hit them tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I finally managed to get my own Cu to 90 with lotto embers.  I've put off doing the challenge quests, but I might try to hit them tomorrow.

He'll serve you extremely well. I think you only need to level his 2nd skill to max and it's all good from there (his 1st is also valuable to avoid stray crits, but Taiga likes to spam her crit up so it doesn't help all that much on that CQ). He's godly if you leave him in the back, can last a good while with Pfa/Guts/CE guts/Invincibility from the Atlas MC. He'll get rid of Taiga with only BBB chains as long as you break her 1st bar before everyone else dies. 

Well this happened.

Spoiler

34TLEFC.png

Feels like another one of those fights where going solo makes it trivial. The rest of the team only managed to break a single bar*, but Achilles casually solo'd the rest of the fight.

*Part of this was because I didn't expect Kintoki to die first, though, so the front-line had a period where it was Skadi, Waver, Merlin just sitting around twiddling their thumbs & buffing Sheba from late payments.

Doing it 'properly' with a full team would probably require supports with damaging NPs, and also a good amount of crit star & NP generation, because otherwise the buffs and debuffs get too annoying to deal with (NP damage up buff on a non-damaging NP is basically stuck until your servant dies). The fact that the on kill taunt goes to the killer means that you can control who dies and when to some extent, though---it also frees up CE slots since Poster Girl doesn't really do anything in the fight.

If I had to do it over now that I know the mechanics I'd probably run Caster Nero and Nero Bride as supports, and maybe Ozy over Kintoki as the first damage dealer (Achilles was in the very back of the lineup last time, and I'd put him in the same spot in a do-over). Not sure how well it would work, though, and I don't care enough to test the lineup.

Edited by DehNutCase

Not that hard of a CQ especially compared to the Jaguar one. I managed to beat it in a few tries after realizing that stalling was a bad idea. The debuff for not paying the loans aren’t actually that bad, so I had a easier time. I did use two CS to spam Melt’s NP in the last two turns but other than that it was a relatively easy time. I helps that neither Sheba or her goons hit that hard even with crits.

Edited by Water Mage

The Sheba quest wasn't that bad, although I got stuck twice because RNG screwed me over and I got spammed with NP down and Atk down debuffs while Sheba got a ton of Def up (thanks for not dying when you should've Mash). The winning team was Friend Ozy/Jeanne/Mash/George/Ridertoki/Skadi. Skadi never saw action and only Mash and George died so it was ok, it took 28 turns which is quite a bit but nowhere near close to the 50+ of memorial Salter.

Ugh, the bones node has really bad drop rate for bones despite being a 40 AP node. (I got 1 bone in something like 6 runs or so.)

I'll still keep farming it since I can use some of the materials you exchange hotdogs for, but one of these days I'm going to need to get like a thousand bones from somewhere. The Christmas lottery has bones in it, but 3 a box might not make a dent in the massive amount of bones my servants need. : /

Hopefully Aurora Steel is more common once I'm done farming hotdogs, otherwise Skadi might not be maxed even by the end of this.

Edit: Bought everything I cared about from the shop, so now it's Garden automation time. Pity that I'm running out of servants to level, so I'll probably be burning embers into QP and prisms soon. (If I hadn't been so unlucky this summer Summer Jeanne and BB would've been here to eat embers, but whatever.)

Can't quite 3 turn Garden with a macro unless I bite the bullet and make a MLB Kaleidoscope with all the Kaleidoscopes I have, but a single turn of face cards is enough to end it in 4 turns, so I'm fine with it for now, even if I'm forced to use a Kaleidoscope & Plugsuit.

NP4 Atalanta also works, since she misses the KO on Musashi due to damage variance, so an extra NP level would fix that issue. Everyone's face cards hit for a ton vs. Osakabehime so clicking 2 random cards kills her pretty much guaranteed. Oddly enough, only the first run I used to record the macro took 4 turns, so I guess it was bad luck. It's a 3 turn run most of the time.

Double Edit: Also, I hope we get crit star overflow soon, Atalanta's NP dropping 100 crit stars only for 50 of them to disappear into the void makes me sad.

Triple Edit: I just realized I'm an idiot. No reason to use Kaleido if I'm pushing a 50% NP button anyway, all I have to do is give Atalanta one of my 50% Battery CEs, which will give her enough damage to consistently 3T.

Edited by DehNutCase

My 3-Turn setup involves...
- Arash [70], Artoria (NP2), Support Waver, Ishtar [MLB DMG CE], Waver, and "Extra"

1. Arash handles the first wave. // Other cards clean up if necessary.
2. All the buffs are fired, including swapping Support Waver with my Waver for extra ATK buff.
-- Artoria fires off her NP, with the other cards cleaning up if necessary.
3. Ishtar gets a buff from the Mystic Code and annihilates the final wave, especially since she has her Mana Burst active.

However, it is not completely foolproof. In the rare event Arash or Artoria roll low and the cards can't clean up, the match does take a bit longer since the buffs wear off and Ishtar can't do her super NP on the final wave. Luckily, it is a rare enough occurrence to overlook for farming purposes.

I still need to finish up the shop as I've been leveling my Servants left and right. I never imagined the day where I needed more Monuments for Ascension, but I am running low on Silver Berserker Monuments. That aside, I have lots of QP (that will likely vanish immediately once I get around to skills), and I'm back to being in material shortage for further level ups and ascension.
-- Right now Demon Hearts are my bottleneck for many skills and ascensions, although I also need Bones as well.

Took 3 attempts*, but MHXA went down to B.B., Jeanne, and Merlin just sitting there and stunning/being invulnerable thanks to the fact that she loses 2 million hp per turn after a while. Pity you can't run duplicate servants, because double Jeanne would probably beat the CQ without even trying.

*The first 2 runs were mostly just to discover the right stall comp, to be honest---the first run was a bunch of ST damage dealers since I didn't know what the mechanics were, the 2nd was to see if AoE DPS would work---doesn't feel like it since MHXA's damage output is just so damn high. Trying to damage race MHXA is probably possible, but it's definitely harder than just running a stall team.

I was a little worried with MHXA getting a buff removal on attack buff, but since it only removes one buff and Jeanne's NP helpfully comes with hp recovery and Merlin's Invul comes with stargen the buff removal doesn't actually do anything.

Jeanne was by far the most important of the 3, Merlin & B.B. have comparable replacements in people like Waver, Tamamo, OG Mash etc. If you're not running B.B. it might be useful to use a sacrificial DPS to break the bar before your team goes full stall, though.

I really underestimated the MHXA battle, here I thought I'd be a cake walk by stalling with MHXX/Jeanne/Merlin and having stuff like George and Mash in the back to buy a couple turns. That team ended up biting the dust to crits when I had every source of invincibility and stun used up and me with 0 CS because I wasted them all trying to make that comp work. 

Then 10 tries later I said meh and went with Ishtar/Jeanne/Merlin/George/Mash/OG!Nero. Despite being AoE, Ishtar does a great job at taking the high HP mooks with strong buffs for herself and with Merlin's crit buff she can nuke even the Spriggan (although I didn't do it because bad card RNG). MXHA gets annoying when she gets the Buff removal per Atk which led to a 1 vs 1 against UMU, I was extra scared of her Guts getting removed but she pulled through and even finished Ecchan with an NP. 

The battle itself isn't BS like Taiga's but it's a bad idea to think it's a free ticket just because you have good stallers.

Finally beat the Jaquar CQ, but I did use a helpful F2P video to pull it off. It basically revolved around Cu and Support Cu Alter as your DPS servants and slowly grinding away at each of their HP, and then attempting to burst them down in the 2nd phase. // I threw in my Waver in the final slot and did not follow the video exactly (CE setup was different), but otherwise was successful.
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ill5Ozzp_Z0&ab_channel=QA

Sheba's CQ was easier to deal with since Kintoki Rider is such a beast. I had Maid Alter on the rear guard, but she didn't get the chance to do much since she went down quickly. Support Skadi and Waver did well, as well as Georgios and Mash. Man, sometimes I think I regret grailing my George up to 90, but he is saving me in these challenge quests.

I'm still working on MHXA. I don't have Jeanne or Merlin, so I'm forced to take one or the other to the fight as supports.
-- Merlin is a terrible idea by himself. Yes, he has healing and a single use of invul, but the healing doesn't matter when the party dies to critical hits (or if Merlin himself dies).
-- Jeanne works better due to the skill stun and her NP which heals and has invul, but I only have one person on my Friend List that has a maxed out Jeanne available. There is also the fact they haven't logged in in 2 days, so the Refresh list will never show them. I got lucky and managed one run, but still failed as my team faltered early.

I have Waver + Tamamo, but I doubt they alone can last long enough.

37 minutes ago, Sire said:

Finally beat the Jaquar CQ, but I did use a helpful F2P video to pull it off. It basically revolved around Cu and Support Cu Alter as your DPS servants and slowly grinding away at each of their HP, and then attempting to burst them down in the 2nd phase. // I threw in my Waver in the final slot and did not follow the video exactly (CE setup was different), but otherwise was successful.
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ill5Ozzp_Z0&ab_channel=QA

Sheba's CQ was easier to deal with since Kintoki Rider is such a beast. I had Maid Alter on the rear guard, but she didn't get the chance to do much since she went down quickly. Support Skadi and Waver did well, as well as Georgios and Mash. Man, sometimes I think I regret grailing my George up to 90, but he is saving me in these challenge quests.

I'm still working on MHXA. I don't have Jeanne or Merlin, so I'm forced to take one or the other to the fight as supports.
-- Merlin is a terrible idea by himself. Yes, he has healing and a single use of invul, but the healing doesn't matter when the party dies to critical hits (or if Merlin himself dies).
-- Jeanne works better due to the skill stun and her NP which heals and has invul, but I only have one person on my Friend List that has a maxed out Jeanne available. There is also the fact they haven't logged in in 2 days, so the Refresh list will never show them. I got lucky and managed one run, but still failed as my team faltered early.

I have Waver + Tamamo, but I doubt they alone can last long enough.

If you wish I can put the Dmg CE on my Jeanne so she can last longer during the fight (I can also put her with Prisma for NP spamming), she's NP2 and her skills are at 4/4/10 so the Stun should be reliable enough.

If anyone wants me to stick the damage CE on my Cu, or anyone else, let me know.  I've been putting off the challenge quests, so I should get to that.  I have Waver and Skadi, but no Merlin or Jeanne.

I tried going for Jeanne back in her banner way back when, but no luck there.