Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

19 hours ago, Silverly said:

Shoutouts to @Rezzy for being THE ONLY PERSON ON MY FRIENDS LIST WHO HAD AN MLB OF THE EVENT *4 CE. I mean, sheesh. I know Osakabehime isn’t exactly desirable gameplay wise and it doesn’t help that she’s in the permanent pool anyways, but I’d think finding mlb’d gacha CEs wouldn’t be quite as miserable. Trying to farm the two higher currencies has been nothing short of a bottleneck for me and I essentially gave up on the cookies. I’m all but ready for Oniland.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I had real trouble finding anyone with CEs at all, especially the gold ones, I'd have to refresh to even get a non MLB gold one sometimes.

Thankfully, I got everything I needed out of the shop now.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, between classes and GI I had to rush the event for the last 2 days because I left it at 45 missions. Luckily it wasn't all that painful as it only cost me like 10 Silver apples and I managed to clear like 80% of the shop along the way. 

I didn't even bother to try a fun comp for the CQ, I used Parvati+Double Skadi to be done with it ASAP. It took 7 turns and 1 Skadi died but at that point I was already done with the battle.

Still on LB 1, Anastasia. Specifically, Chapter 13.
-- It's been enjoyable so far, but there are definitely moments that take the immersion out from me.
--- There was more examples of "I wouldn't do/say that," even though Gudao is his own character. You can't save everyone, buddy.
--- I completely annihilated the Chapter 13 encounter with Mama Raikou and Rider Kintoki (2 turn encounter), but the story says otherwise. Classic gameplay/story segregation...
--- Also, Paxti. I liked him initially, but then they started moving his character arc in a different direction. So far it seems a bit predictable what will happen, but I guess I'll have to wait to find out for myself.

So, at this halfway point or so and it's an average story arc. Granted, most of the hype stuff typically happens near the end so my opinion may change by then, but I'm currently leaning towards the EoR stories (barring one) being better than LB 1.

* * * * * EDIT * * * * *

Currently on the final chapter of LB 1. I would wait until I actually finished it, but I needs sleeps and to write this out before I do so. This one is going in spoilers.
-- The short version, a decent story ruined by immersion breakers. I'm leaning even more towards EoR having better stories than LB 1...

As an aside, Dual MHX with Kerry was fun in taking down the big boss. Mama Raikou handled most of the normal battles, while Double Jalter + Waver easily handled another boss.

Spoiler

1. I'm not a fan of how Gudao is depicted in this chapter. I know he's supposed to be a paragon of good, but he's also the savior of flipping Humanity. Sacrifices must be made and you can't save everybody, and I call BS with the realization that "saving the Lostbelt means killing the world to save your own." I don't consider it any different from fixing a Singularity, as soon as it's solved, it disappears and "dies." I suppose the proper way to explain is that history fixes itself and "everything is sunshine and rainbows," but as far as I am concerned the Singularity being fixed means killing it off and everyone in it (or at least that version of them.) This concept must be new if it catches the Gudas so off-guard.
-- Some of the choices Guda makes completely took me out of the ongoing narrative, which I found to be somewhat enjoyable.

2. Also, not a fan of Paxti. I understand what his role is supposed to be in the story (the perspective of a Yaga where strength rules all), but he seems to constantly flip-flop back and forth between his ideals. He goes from being somewhat compassionate due to his father and is found helping his mother at the start, joins the rebellion, betrays the rebellion because he doesn't understand his own actions has consequences, and then wants to see Guda suffer. I've seen people liking the guy and I guess he makes some sort of speech at the very end, but I'm with Billy regarding Paxti. Just get rid of him.

3. I don't know if he's written that way, but Kadoc wants me to actively hate him. I understand that he's supposed setting up pieces on the board and is supposed to be two steps ahead, but I'm sitting here going "that's not going to work." A part of the animosity may also be because he's a competing Master, but he completely disregards Guado for his accomplishments.
-- I think "Entitlement" is a fitting term to use here. Okay, so there was a huge explosion and you didn't get to save Humanity yourself. Who cares? I get that the guy has an inferiority complex, but man, he just ticks me off.

* * * * * EDIT 2 * * * * *

Finally finished everything. More thoughts in the spoiler below.
-- In short, in the end I was not a fan of LB 1. While it has its moments, some of the stunts it pulls completely ruins the story for me, even though I know what they were trying to go for.
-- In another manner, the ending pissed me off. Seriously, that's how they are gonna do this? It did not resonate with me at all...

Iskander [Support], Rider Kinotiki, and Maid Alter assassinated the Duchess, with advisement from Waver. Let the real boys and girls handle defending Proper Human History. Ionioi Hetairoi!
-- Maid Alter fired the last shot. which felt great as it seems I rarely have the chance to field Rider servants. Seriously, there are far more Assassin enemies to deal with than Casters...

Shiki got the killing blow on a tree, with some help from Support Gramps (First Hassan). MHX and Kerry also helped out.

Spoiler

1. For some positivity, the fight between Ivan and the Primodial Man was somewhat hype. Beowulf had a good head on his shoulders. Even Atalante Alter had a good arc, even if it was predictable. I did tear up slightly at her finale.
-- Billy the Kid is MVP. He is basically the embodiment of my emotions for this story arc. If we had him in the driver's seat, the Lostbelt would have went so much more smoothly.
-- Salieri's arc was also highly enjoyable. Seeing him play at the end of the world for the survivors was a nice touch.

2. Yeah, Gudao's actions in this story arc completely ruins the immersion for me. This is one of the cases where an "Avatar" and a "Character" blurs, and in this arc Gudao is definitely his own character instead of being a representation of the player. Losing the will to fight completely? I understand what they are trying to do (Destroying other worlds to save your own is rough), but here I was thinking Gudao is the Savior of Humanity who experienced so much **** throughout the Singularity, and this is what supposedly breaks him? He faced Goetia, by himself, in Solomon, and now he wants to give up?
-- If I was sympathetic to Gudao's plight, then maybe things would've hit harder. However, for me this is just another day at the office. We fixed Singularities before, and Lost Belts are basically the same at its core, even if it has its own "lore and world building."  Again, I believe the proper explanation is fixing the Singularities had everything end up with sunshine and rainbows as history corrects itself, but this time fixing the Lost Belts means destroying them as history corrects itself. Both are still pruned, but I guess Chaldea now has a front row seat which placed some doubt in their minds of "what is right."
-- Oh, and Paxti does a self-sacrifice moment to bolster morale? PAXTI?! I guess this is the fond moment that players may look back on, but since I already viewed both Gudao and Paxti in a negative light, this moment just set me off a bit more. Was it nice? Yes. Do I agree with it? Hell no. I get that he is a Yaga who is struggling with his place in the world and conflicting ideals, but man I do not like his depiction here. 

3. Musashi being present was an unexpected surprise. However, I feel her inclusion is somewhat tacked on. I know she wanders worlds and seems to be the "Heroic Spirit" incarnation (I think the Shimousa one perished in the fire, which is why this Musashi doesn't have the eyepatch.) Yes, I loved seeing her again, but I feel like the execution of her being present was off. It just didn't feel right seeing Musashi here

- - - - - - - - -

Man, after that wild ride of Lost Belt 1, I sincerely hope the other Lost Belts are better. The storytelling in LB 1 isn't bad, it's just that it does not resonate with me at all. I'm actively yelling at the protagonist instead of cheering for him. I didn't care about Kadoc's grand ambitions or how he was "two steps ahead," because I knew we could counter his moves.
-- In other words, the overall story was decent. It just wasn't for me.

Edited by Sire

@Sire
I think the Lost Belts are different than the Singularities because

Spoiler

The Singularities are a focal time where something went wrong.  Eliminate the singularity, and things go back to the way things were like a few weeks/months tops ago.  The Lost Belts, however have hundreds of years of divergent history.  The people in the Singularities still exist in the "real world" once things return to normal.  The people in the Lost Belt, however, don't, and they're just wiped from existence when the Lost Belts are destroyed.  That's why there's a moral factor at play here there wasn't in the Singularities.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

@Sire
I think the Lost Belts are different than the Singularities because

Hide contents

The Singularities are a focal time where something went wrong.  Eliminate the singularity, and things go back to the way things were like a few weeks/months tops ago.  The Lost Belts, however have hundreds of years of divergent history.  The people in the Singularities still exist in the "real world" once things return to normal.  The people in the Lost Belt, however, don't, and they're just wiped from existence when the Lost Belts are destroyed.  That's why there's a moral factor at play here there wasn't in the Singularities.

Replies in spoilers since its story related.

Spoiler

Here's my thought process. I may be misunderstanding or misinterpreting how these concepts work in FGO, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Singularity - When fixed, history corrects itself onto the proper pathway. Memories may be modified to eliminate the Singularity's irregularities and replaced with "normal memories." However, this only happens after the Singularity itself is fully mended. Using Camelot as an example, the normal civilians there still linger briefly, remembering the war and the Lion King. However, once everything is fixed, that version of the individual is essentially destroyed/killed, as they no longer have any memories of the event. For them, the Singularity never happened and they just continue living their normal lives.

Lost Belt - A failed timeline to begin with, Lost Belts were given the chance to manifest and compete for the "Proper Timeline" due to the actions of the Alien God and Crypters. Yes, they have a full history of their own, but it diverges from Proper Human History one way or another.
-- When fixed, Lost Belts will fade away, just like Singularities. The entire history of the Lost Belt and all of the inhabitants are also destroyed/killed when the "World" properly fixes itself, just like when a Singularity is fixed. The main difference here is that Lost Belt peoples have their way of life and are fighting to defend themselves from extinction, even if the extinction is supposed to happen.
-- Also, what's there to say about the Proper Human History counterparts? Yes, the Lost Belt version of that person may be purged, but they may still present during the course of Proper Human History, but in a different fashion.

In other terms, I believe Singularities are branches off the Main Tree, needed to be pruned to preserve Humanity. Lost Belts are not branches, but trees of their own completing with the Main Tree. In order for Proper Human History (Main Tree) to survive, the other trees (Lost Belts) need to be purged.
-- I personally see it no different from pruning from the main tree, but it is on a wider scale.
-- Taking Paxti as an example, yes he was born a Yaga in Anastasia. However, what's to say he wasn't born normally in Proper Human History? The two may never know of the other's existence, but they are still born, just in different timelines.
== As another example, perhaps Singularties (pruning) isn't seen that bad as everyone wants Humanity to go back to its proper place. The people you save are from your timeline anyways, so everything is sunshine and rainbows.
=== On the flip side, Lost Belts are also fighting for their own survival and deny Proper Human History. While you may save their potential counterparts in Proper Human History, you condemn these versions of the individuals to be forgotten and lost into the void.

The way FGO sees it is the moral factor of destroying other worlds/timelines to save your own, and the Lost Belts are fighting for survival as much as you are fighting for Proper Human History. Most Singularities were concerned with simply destroying Proper Human History, and defending it was easier. Now that Chaldea is fighting other factions with desires and dreams of their own, it may beg the question of "is Proper Human History the right thing?" I personally think the answer should be obvious for the "Savior of Humanity" (Yes, preserve Proper Human History, even at the cost of other timelines), so the whole moral dilemma didn't really work for me.

Granted, most of my viewpoint is due to there being a potential counterpart to everything. If Ivan the Terrible turned into a monster in Anastasia but was just a normal man in Proper Human History, what about the regular civilians? Yes, you have to purge one version of them, but the "Proper Version" will still remain. If this is covered in a later Lost Belt, then maybe LB 1 may make a little more sense. However, completely losing the will to fight for Proper Human History, even momentarily, after everything the Gudas went through? I find that extremely difficult to believe. Even if the Gudas are supposed to be the shining example of all that is good and can never bring themselves to sacrifice something, there have already been sacrifice plays in their adventures. 

Hopefully I explained it somewhat decently in the wall of text and I don't make a fool of myself when things are potentially explained in the other Lost Belt story arcs.

Honestly from my perspective there isn't a significant difference between the Lostbelts and the Singularities in terms of morals. Goetia's end goal isn't the extinction of humanity, after all, merely it's replacement by what he considers a superior version by using the old Proper Human History as an energy source, meaning even if he succeeded there would still be humanity, just not as it was in Proper Human History.

That is, in the event the Singularities were allowed to succeed Proper Human History would disappear, and a different one would take its place. Same for the victory of any particular Lostbelt. In both cases it's more or less a battle royale where the last history standing gets to continue existing*---there's no particular need to value the Lostbelts above the history Goetia would have created, so even in saving the case of saving proper human history from Goetia we killed a possible branch of humanity.

*In the case of Goetia there's really only 2 major sides, though, so it's not much of a battle royale.

In both cases, the result was (in the case of vs. Goetia) and probably will be (Lostbelts) 'wow, it sure sucks to try to erase the branch of history that the god damn Main Character is living in'. Given that Ereshkigal & the Goddess Rhongomyniad had methods to save a small subset of humanity (those already dead & under Ereshkigal's protection, the <100 chosen to live in Camelot), it's probably possible to preserve a small subset* of those from the history Goetia was going to create and the Lostbelts as well, but neither Goetia nor the leaders of the Lostbelts even bother considering that possibility.

*Especially relevant in Lostbelts where the population is tiny.

It's not the responsibility of Proper Human History to preserve the Lostbelts or Goetia's version of humanity, so if they decide to attempt suicide by Main Character the only thing you can do at that point is kill them, because they've chosen the path of either Proper Human History surviving or their own history surviving, their own choices meant that compromise isn't possible.

Edited by DehNutCase

The whole 'loss of memories = loss of that instance of a person' is a perfectly valid view.  Romani actually stated that this was how Singularities worked at the start of part 1, and in that aspect Lostbelts and Singularities are similar.

However, there is a difference in how Chaledea's actions within a Singularity or Lostbelt affect the Proper Human History.  In Singularities, people that survive the Singularity are going to still be alive in the Proper Human History, while people that died in the Singularity will die in the Proper Human History (with the cause of death modified).  If Chaldea saves someone from dying during the Singularity, they will live longer in the Proper Human History.  Gilgamesh explained this during Babylonia, and congratulated Chaldea on making a difference for the proper Human History.

In contrast, when Chaldea resolves a Lostbelt, all of its inhabitants completely disappear, regardless of any actions taken by Chaldea.  There is no version of them in the Proper Human History at all.  It doesn't matter how many Chaldea saves during their time in the Lostbelt, they will all die when Chaldea wins, with nothing to show for it, unlike Singularities.  Even if the inhabitants of the Lostbelt have counterparts in the Proper Human History, their survival during the Lostbelt does not affect their survival in the Proper Human History.

Gilgamesh gave Guda/Mash hope when he stated that their actions during a Singularity were not meaningless, and they approached the first Lostbelt with that in mind.  I think learning the difference after having worked hard to save the inhabitants of the Lostbelt like it was a Singularity would be fairly demoralizing.  To make a comparison, it's like making a contract to become a Counter Guardian in order to save more people, and then finding out that all Counter Guardians do is kill people instead.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Slowly grinding all the bones I need is pretty relaxing---no point doing the half AP embers since I have literally 0 servants left to level. A bit tempted to do some rolls just so I can get a 5* (or maybe even just a new 4*) to dump embers into, but I'm not that interested in anyone left in the year. Might not even end up farming all that much during the Christmas lottery because of that, since all the Embers would just get turned into mana prisms rather than anything useful.

Sitonai isn't bad, but I already have Archer Artoria filling a very similar role of bulky single target Arts DPS with lots of refund on their NP. And AoE servants tend to get more use in general since that's just how farming works most of the time.

The next servant I'm interested in is probably Kingprotea, but I'm not sure if I'll go for her rather than just stashing quartz for Arjuna Alter & a second attempt on Summer Jeanne. (It's a pity the rerun happens less than a month from the Anniversary that turns 10 rolls into 11 rolls, though...)

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

The next servant I'm interested in is probably Kingprotea, but I'm not sure if I'll go for her rather than just stashing quartz for Arjuna Alter & a second attempt on Summer Jeanne. (It's a pity the rerun happens less than a month from the Anniversary that turns 10 rolls into 11 rolls, though...)

Maybe, maybe not.  NA anniversary is earlier than JP anniversary, and has been happening before the summer reruns most of the time so far due to the event shuffle around that time.  It's possible NA will get the anniversary and the rolling improvements before the Summer 3 rerun.

Finally finished my journey to clear all the story arcs as I just completed LB2 (and just in time for the event). To think I started this in early September with finishing Shinjuku, and then I went on to clear the rest of EoR and LB 1&2. Good thing I have an excellent support list and a well built roster of older Servants!

Overall, I loved LB2. It helps I'm a sucker for Valkyries and actions of the MC made sense and kept me immersed (save for two points, but it worked out for the greater narrative). It is definitely one of the better ones, but is still nowhere near the masterpieces of Camelot and Babylonia. Sigurd and Bryn were great, the Valkyrie Trio were great, Napoleon was awesome, and seeing Skaldi in the story makes me want to roll for her more (and I could use one of my own, even though Waver is the excellent all-rounder).
-- Also, that ending. That is how its done. One hop can break a man...

MVPs were the supports who helped me along the way, Okita Alter and Mama Raikou. Having AoE NPs and effective damage does wonders for clearing out waves of enemies. It makes me want to get an AoE Alter Ego of my own since dealing with the "Horseman" classes (Rider, Assassin, Caster) is easier when you can wipe them all at once if there's a mixed wave, instead of only being effective against one.
-- My own Lvl 90 Summer Scathach helped a lot with wave clearing the Rider Valkyries, while my NP 2 Artoria handled the Valkyrie Sisters. Sure. she was max bond, but losing out on some bond points for an easier fight is fine. I think my Herc insurance only came in handy once, otherwise almost any other servant on the back line would've been fine.

As a random aside, potential speculation on the future of the Lost Belts. Spoilers on a future plot point.

Spoiler

I remember reading something about a potential traitor being in Chaldea, and I think this info comes from LB 5.2, Olympus.
-- Current speculation says it may be Holmes, but I wonder if it may be that new Chaldea NPC made for the Lost Belt arc, Meuniere. I have no evidence for this save for a feeling.
--- Holmes being the traitor would definitely be a plot twist and a punch to the gut, but if they played it straight and keeping Holmes as a good guy, it may be Meuniere.

Alternatively, it could be a new NPC that joins the crew, like Sion. I'm trying to predict something without the appropriate information since I'm still 3 story arcs behind, but it is something on the back of my mind.

Whew, so yeah, that's done. Now to wait for the next event and stuff so I can start clearing out the backlog of Interludes and Rank Up quests for my other Servants...

4 hours ago, Sire said:

Finally finished my journey to clear all the story arcs as I just completed LB2 (and just in time for the event). To think I started this in early September with finishing Shinjuku, and then I went on to clear the rest of EoR and LB 1&2. Good thing I have an excellent support list and a well built roster of older Servants!

Overall, I loved LB2. It helps I'm a sucker for Valkyries and actions of the MC made sense and kept me immersed (save for two points, but it worked out for the greater narrative). It is definitely one of the better ones, but is still nowhere near the masterpieces of Camelot and Babylonia. Sigurd and Bryn were great, the Valkyrie Trio were great, Napoleon was awesome, and seeing Skaldi in the story makes me want to roll for her more (and I could use one of my own, even though Waver is the excellent all-rounder).
-- Also, that ending. That is how its done. One hop can break a man...

MVPs were the supports who helped me along the way, Okita Alter and Mama Raikou. Having AoE NPs and effective damage does wonders for clearing out waves of enemies. It makes me want to get an AoE Alter Ego of my own since dealing with the "Horseman" classes (Rider, Assassin, Caster) is easier when you can wipe them all at once if there's a mixed wave, instead of only being effective against one.
-- My own Lvl 90 Summer Scathach helped a lot with wave clearing the Rider Valkyries, while my NP 2 Artoria handled the Valkyrie Sisters. Sure. she was max bond, but losing out on some bond points for an easier fight is fine. I think my Herc insurance only came in handy once, otherwise almost any other servant on the back line would've been fine.

As a random aside, potential speculation on the future of the Lost Belts. Spoilers on a future plot point.

Reveal hidden contents

I remember reading something about a potential traitor being in Chaldea, and I think this info comes from LB 5.2, Olympus.
-- Current speculation says it may be Holmes, but I wonder if it may be that new Chaldea NPC made for the Lost Belt arc, Meuniere. I have no evidence for this save for a feeling.
--- Holmes being the traitor would definitely be a plot twist and a punch to the gut, but if they played it straight and keeping Holmes as a good guy, it may be Meuniere.

Alternatively, it could be a new NPC that joins the crew, like Sion. I'm trying to predict something without the appropriate information since I'm still 3 story arcs behind, but it is something on the back of my mind.

Whew, so yeah, that's done. Now to wait for the next event and stuff so I can start clearing out the backlog of Interludes and Rank Up quests for my other Servants...

I’m surprised you used Raikou effectively in LB2. I’m not sure if you know this, but all three types of Giants have a special behavior where they will always target Divine Servants over regular Servants, and considering Raikou is Divive I’m surprised she lived that long fighting them.

16 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I’m surprised you used Raikou effectively in LB2. I’m not sure if you know this, but all three types of Giants have a special behavior where they will always target Divine Servants over regular Servants, and considering Raikou is Divive I’m surprised she lived that long fighting them.

Survivability isn't an issue when you can nuke waves with AoE NPs, but I mainly used Okita Alter when dealing with Berserker/Assassin waves. Raikou was more for Assassin/Caster matches.

Although that does explain why my Ishtar kept getting targeted by the the enemy...

* * EDIT * *

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention I dusted off my Orion to handle Sigurd. I thought about bringing Euryale, but since Sigurd has Mental Debuff Immunity (or resistance), her charms won't really be effective there.
-- Only time I used Orion, otherwise I tend to use Kuro as my Single-Target Archer.

Edited by Sire

The White Vessel Command Code should make Summer Tamamo and Summer Ishtar a bit more usable, assuming it properly removes the stun timer debuff from their 3rd skills, although only offensively. It's not reliable enough for you to always have it ready when you need to invul something, but Tamamo's charm gives you two turns to draw it before an NP turn and Summer Ishtar has a dodge, so the two of them should be fine defensively regardless.

Since I have Achilles Summer Ishtar isn't really interesting, though, and I don't have Summer Tamamo.

Can't really think of another servant that would want the White Vessel off the top of my head, though. (There's people like Avenger Nobu, but she's fine with the 2* Command Code for her self burn.)

Spent like 900 quartz and got only 1 Sitonai, 3 Ibarakis, 1 Chiyome and a Herc to show for it, rather unlucky all things considered since the average for that should be 3 SSR and 9 SR.  Oh well, at least I got one I guess.

An album if anyone's curious: https://imgur.com/a/ah5OVVL

Edited by Magical Glace

Welp, there goes the Eresh luck again. Sitonai and the Tomoe CE for 36 SQ is crazy lucky, but I don't have enough embers nor QP to max her out right now. I'll get the embers from the shop and the QP will wait until Quetzmas, I guess. 

My insane FGO luck continues.  120 quartz and 11 tickets got me Sitonai as well as Arjuna and Tamamo spooks, plus plenty of CEs.  I was planning to only pull for some CEs, but I wanted to ride this good luck out.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

My insane FGO luck continues.  120 quartz and 11 tickets got me Sitonai as well as Arjuna and Tamamo spooks, plus plenty of CEs.  I was planning to only pull for some CEs, but I wanted to ride this good luck out.

Getting Sitonai and Tamamo was really quite serendipitous, since the two work well together, and Arjuna’s not that bad. He gets a buff later on that gives him a mini Garden of Avalon. And really Sitonai is great, and if it wasn’t for the insane buff Melt gets with the CCC Main Interlude, I would call Sitonai the best ST Alter Ego. But seriously Melt’s buff is that insane.

I guess the 'nice' thing about things like black beast grease and bicorn horns that you pretty much always have too much of (unless you just started playing or something) is that you don't have to waste AP farming event nodes to exchange for them.

Farming seems to be going extremely well, I spent a few apples at the start (no real reason, I think I just felt like farming) but afterwards it was just natural AP regen, and I think I'm only a few days of natural AP regen away from clearing the shop.

I probably won't be using apples on the raid because of that, but it's not like I need QP seeing how we just went through a lottery event. Still 300kish QP left, which is more than enough to get a 5* max level'd and 10/10/10'd.

Man, this seems like one of those events where having Double Skadi would work wonders. However, as I don't have Skadi, I'm stuck with compositions that take 4-6 turns to clear a node instead of a simple 3 turn clear.
-- I've been mostly been using Bronze and Silver Apples as I'm saving my ~120 Golds for the Christmas Lotto. I'm likely to farm the Raid Event with Silvers for the sake of simplicity as I don't want to farm separate nodes constantly for the shop. Also, my QP is around 110k and I could use a buffer before the resupply comes in during the Christmas Lotto.

As for my current setups for farming...
-- For the Food Court, I tried my version of the Skadi NP Loop. I used Arash to nuke the first wave, buffed up NP1 Atalante (Event CE) for the 2nd wave and fired the NP, and then hope for RNG and crits for the 3rd wave so she could fire off her NP again. On average I cleared it in about 6 turns, which was faster than my other setups.
-- On the Mirrors, I used Lancer Alter and Jalter Santa Lilly with Double Wavers. I would slowly grind out the first wave to make sure the two NP's were charged and then NP the 2nd and 3rd waves. This usually ended up around 5 turns.
-- Current plan for the Raid is to use Kintoki Rider and Caster Shuten, with Skadi and Waver, and see how far they can go with their DMG CEs. Caster Shuten is useful since she has 50% NP charge for the event and an Anti-Demonic skill, and the raid boss is Demonic. Not sure if I can clear the 2.5 Million HP reliably with +360% DMG UP, so when the raid starts I'll just have to figure out how everything works and roll with that.

Edited by Sire

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Man, this seems like one of those events where having Double Skadi would work wonders. However, as I don't have Skadi, I'm stuck with compositions that take 4-6 turns to clear a node instead of a simple 3 turn clear.

I've got Skadi, but I'm not sure.  The HP totals are really inflated, which pretty much requires the damage CE, but that leaves you needing to find a way to get 100% charge on turn one somehow.  I guess if you had a AoE Quick servant with a 50% battery, you could Waver plugsuit it, but I can't think of any offhand.

Edited by Rezzy

I've been averaging 10 turn clears, haha. (Full bonus servants + as much drop CEs as I can stuff into a team does that.) I've conceded one bonus servant slot to run Melt for the ferris wheel node, but that's because I don't have a good bonus rider and there's a foreigner so I don't want to use Beserkers.

The closest to a 50% charge Quick Servant would probably be Avenger Ishtar, but she suffers from the issue of not existing yet & the fact that her refund gets cut down a lot if you use her Quick NP rather than her Arts NP. That said, it shouldn't be a problem to just bring in Nito with a damage CE to clear one wave, meaning you'd only need to pick up 50% NP gauge somewhere to clear the two waves left. (Between 3 Waver and Skadi you have 150% charge, so the servant would only need to provide 50% between battery and refund.)

Edited by DehNutCase

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I've got Skadi, but I'm not sure.  The HP totals are really inflated, which pretty much requires the damage CE, but that leaves you needing to find a way to get 100% charge on turn one somehow.  I guess if you had a AoE Quick servant with a 50% battery, you could Waver plugsuit it, but I can't think of any offhand.

The only AoE Quick in English with a 50% battery is Astolfo... Who gets basically no refund and can only loop with a MLB Kscope and 3 50% charge supports (something anything with a 50% self battery can do, technically).

Later Voyager exists but he's not for another year and a half.  Shame since he'd probably be a bonus servant this event if he was out since he's a shota.

The stacking damage buff is pretty nice for the point ladder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uJR9MWm5ag&t=2s

http:// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uJR9MWm5ag&t=2s

It doesn't want to embed for some reason.  Click to see Cu one round the raid boss.

Edited by Rezzy

Might've went too hard on the raid boss. Spent around 30 Silver Apples and am now at 2.5 Million Points. The reason I kept going is to get currency for the shop so I can properly clear it out, but I need to wait for the main quest to continue so I can have a better idea. I'm sure natural AP will be enough for my needs to complete the event.
-- Rider Kintoki and Caster Shuten worked well enough for the 2.5M raid, using a support Skadi and my Waver.

At least the extra QP from the boss (Mona Lisa was used while farming) helps a fair amount! Now I just need the precious materials from the Christmas Lotto. Bones are needed, and I probably need more than 200 to fully ascend my entire roster...

The CQ was pretty fun, and quite easy thanks to the dmg CEs. 

Instead of doing the usual cheese I went with a friend Tamamo, Sitonai, Paracelsus, Summer Nero, Helena and Mash. Para, UMU and Helena were GGPG fodder while Sitonai wrecked havoc on the bosses. It worked pretty well even when I just fired Tamamo's NP once at the very end of the CQ. Sitonai getting up to 80% refund from Para, Tamamo and her own buffs feels like a preview of what she'll be able to do when Castoria arrives on NA. That's going to be lots of fun.