Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Farming is a lot more comfortable now that I have a lot of +damage on the CEs. (Still taking like 7-8 turns, but eh.) Pity I'm basically done with the shop already seeing how I have 100+ lamps and black beast grease, so I won't get to enjoy the easy farming for long. Still need to grab some bronze materials & about a million points, but that shouldn't take too long.

Waiting for 500% damage before I do the CQ, although I doubt it'd make much of a difference. But it's not like I lose anything by waiting, so I might as well optimize a little.

Edit: Did the CQ, card type damage buffs are pretty stupid on characters designed to spam their NPs, so Artoria cleaned up without any problems. That said, the CQ felt pretty undertuned to begin with, considering the fact we have access to damage up CEs. I 'like' how I bring Skadi and Merlin in to support Artoria rather than Tamamo, though...

Until we get Caster Artoria an Arts servant probably live and dies on whether they have their own Arts Up buffs or not, because Tamamo is really hard to justify outside of extremely slow Arts based stall. (And even for that I think I'd rather have people like Jeanne and Merlin.)

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like another 4* ticket is coming in 4 days or so.

I kind of want to pick up NP2 on a few servants like Nitocrisis or whatever, but considering the fact I've ran out of servants to level I should probably pick up a new one. I'll probably be grabbing either Tomoe Gozen or Valkyrie. Neither are that interesting from a gameplay perspective, although I think Valkyrie might have the highest base refund* on her NP out of the Quick AoE servants, don't quote me on that, though.

*She lacks Golden Rule in her kit, though, so people like Lancelot or Dantes should still have more actual refund in a Skadi lineup.

For the 4* Ticket, I'm set on Valkyrie as I'm a sucker for Valkyries. I also plan on grailing them to 100, serving as my "100" Lancer servant. (I thought about grailing Lancer Alter up to 100, especially since she's already NP2 and Lvl 85, but I like the Valkyries more.)
-- Other choices would have been Siegfried (I have my 90 Georgios, but no Dragon Slayer), Ana (Medusa Lily), or Herc (NP4, current focus for 2000/2000).

Speaking of grails, I used to spread them around more and never really planned on going all the way to 100, until I started fielding Waver myself and hunted for Level 100 Supports, since they usually have a good CE and are maxed out (capped skills, at least 1000/1000 on Fous). Now I have Heracles and Ishtar serving as my 100 Berserker and Archer servants.
-- Saber will likely be ruled by OG Artoria. While I personally like other Saber servants more (like Saber Alter), I cannot deny the power OG Artoria has with her NP and future skill upgrades.
-- Lance will likely be Valkyries, as stated previously.
-- Rider is forever Georgios at 90, and he'll probably never be fielded by anybody. At least he may surprise some people by being present.
-- Caster will just be standard Waver at 90. I don't see the point in placing grails on Casters, unless one loves them very much or is using Illya to nuke people.
-- Assassin may end up being MHX, since I have her at NP3 and she's sorta cool. (All Slot may be King Hassan, provided I ever actually get him.)
-- Extra is currently unknown, although Summer BB works well as a hybrid support/damage dealer.

Gacha luck is a funny thing. I spent a lot of SQ trying to get Napoleon during his debut banner and didn’t get him at all. Now, I got both him and Danzo with a few YOLO single rolls I did with the 30SQ I got from the login bonus today.

Oh hey, I forgot, but 5* embers are a thing now.

Time to put every one of those I get into the 2nd archive and never end up using them.

Edit: The success rate x2 campaign is also mocking my box full of max level'd servants. At least I can use up my exp CEs to make CE bombs, now, since I'm much too lazy to wait for a x3 campaign before doing that.

Edited by DehNutCase

The SQ quests allowed me to try a comp I've been wanting to do for a while to see how reliable it is. Quick looper/Paracelsus/Double Skadi with Plugsuit. It works wonders! As long as Paracelsus is able to deal with wave 1 I'm able to loop Zerkers and Assassins very reliably. It's nowhere near the optimal DSS setup of having a superscope with 2004 MC that needs less button presses, but the dmg ceiling is higher as I can swap Kscope for a 50% charge CE. 

As for other things, I looked at it again and the Valks are going to be my farming Lancer of choice because waifu reasons. I might roll for Kama so Parvati could get her NP2+ around that time. For now I'll use the ticket to NP2 Valkyrie and then go back to farm 10 Aurora Steel because of course I lack them

Spamming interludes got me all the download campaign quests except the bicorns. Kind of odd how bicorns feel like they're everywhere usually but now that they're a quest target I don't run into them that often.

Probably because I mostly run into them during event maps, though.

I could do some bond grinding on servants I haven't touched to unlock some more interludes and see if I run into bicorns, but I don't care enough to do that. I'll just look up bicorns in the wiki once I'm finished with the 3 interlude I have left. I'll guess I'll go grind seeds once I'm done with that since Tamamo isn't maxed yet. (Usually I prioritize maxing out 5*s over everything except events, but I don't actually use Tamamo for anything so *shrug.*)

Edited by DehNutCase

It just dawned on me, but the writing quality in this game has increased ten-fold (if not more) from what it was at the beginning. I decided to use this dead week to do some Interludes and the difference between stuff like Ushi's Interlude and Circe's is like night and day. Ushi's was just, "We stranded because reasons, we kill mooks, master praise me and give headpat" and the options for Guda were so robotic.

Meanwhile with Circe it is about her telling a story about the Argonauts, Medea's inevitable fate as a witch, it even mentions a could-be future servant in Theseus! Also, while Guda's options don't affect the way things play out (they never do outside of that one time in Babylonia) at least they're cheeky enough at times and can get a reaction line from Atalanta or Jason which is a lot more than the robotic answers from the early interludes.

Edited by Alexmender

Well my strange ass luck struck again, managed to NP5 Eresh before I MLB'd Starry Nights.

Almost the second time this happened. (The first time was when Archer Artoria kept pace with Knights of Marines until NP4, but Knights ended up being MLB'd at NP4.)

At least I managed to get the one copy of Starry Nights I needed after all.

I had 749 Quartz saved for up for Eresh. I ended up spending 150 (Five 10-Pulls) and she showed up. I also got Ana (Medusa Lily) on my first 10-Pull. Rather happy with the outcome, although now I'm at loss for what to do next.
-- I debated spending further Quartz to get Eresh to NP2 or to potentially get a Starry Nights CE, but I tend to stick with MLB CEs with most of them from events.

Looking ahead, there's Illya and Miyu in January while Dantes appears in July. There may also be an unexpected NA surprise due to Thanksgiving, so I guess its back to hoarding Quartz again. I may end up tossing my Summon Tickets at the Story Gacha and see if I get anything exclusive.

* * * * * EDIT * * * * *

Did some more summons on Story on a whim, got Saber Alter (NP2) and Nitocris in the same pull. Then I got Saber Diarumuid.
-- Was sorta fishing for the LB 2 Story CE as I would love to MLB it and place it on someone, but all these new Servants are nice.

Edited by Sire

Here i am happy that I'll have 200 quartz by New Year's to try getting Gil to NP4...

I also seem to be having really good luck with tickets, since Sitonai came on one a couple days before he event ended. That's, like, the third 5* I've gotten off of tickets since the summer events.

But I finally got Caster Gil to NP5! And he, Archer Gil, and Arthur are all sitting at level 98, patiently waiting for more xp cards to get to 100. Not sure who I'll grail to 100 next, probably Achilles or Vlad. Vlad's NP3, so he'd be a better choice. 

Oh that's interesting, OG Artoria got her animation update already in NA. Got to say she looks a lot better now. (I guess it's nice that non-costume related animation changes can get ported over a lot quicker than 2 years later.)

Only just noticed since I don't use her that often.

Edit: Oh right it was part of the theatrical release campaign, that'll learn me not to read news messages.

Edited by DehNutCase

Wrapped up the Christmas Re-Run with time to spare, finishing all lotto boxes and clearing out the shop of essential items.
-- The Challenge Quest was relatively easy, even though Lalter wiped out my front line on her last bar (rip Support Lancelot). My Bond CE Heracles ended up carrying the rest of the fight, with the curse meaning nothing when I have Command Codes to dispel it.
-- Was sorta surprised to not see a Grail at the end of the event (I missed the first time around), but I guess it makes sense in terms of the story. Was sorta counting on a grail so I can get OG Artoria up to 100 before the end of the year, so now she'll awkwardly be in the 90's.

Man, a part of me can't wait for the actual Christmas Lotto for all the Bones and Embers so I can get back to ascending my Servants and leveling them up. I have 19 Servants to level and 11 others who are bottlenecked by Ascension.
-- Of course, some Servants receive priority (such as Eresh and the Valkyries), and I'm looking into maxing out skills on certain Servants. The rest of the Servants are fine either at rank 4 skills (skill gems only) or rank 6 if I use them on the rare occasion.

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

Man, a part of me can't wait for the actual Christmas Lotto for all the Bones and Embers so I can get back to ascending my Servants and leveling them up. I have 19 Servants to level and 11 others who are bottlenecked by Ascension.
-- Of course, some Servants receive priority (such as Eresh and the Valkyries), and I'm looking into maxing out skills on certain Servants. The rest of the Servants are fine either at rank 4 skills (skill gems only) or rank 6 if I use them on the rare occasion.

I desperately need Bones for several servants, most important of all for ascending Tamamo, who I got spooked by a few weeks ago.  She would be great support for my Anastasia, Sitonai, MHXX, et al.

Whew lad, the Thanksgiving banner was a real blindside. I expected the usual Gil/Da Vinci/Shishou with maybe Kintoki as an extra, but they brought pretty awesome servants in Saber Shiki, Musashi and Ishtar. 

Still, for me Eresh is way more waifu than anything on the banner and as such I used those 13 SQ on her banner with little hopes why did I waste all I got from the anniversary on that 2nd Skadi and I got her...I really got her. The roll wasn't gold nor rainbow and had no lag, I'm still in shock about this...Still, I swore if I got Eresh she'd take priority over anything else so sorry Valks 2nd skill but right now I'm going all in for Eresh. Level 100, 10/10/10 and 2k/2k fous. 

Spoiler

l8IwoID.png

10 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Still, for me Eresh is way more waifu than anything on the banner and as such I used those 13 SQ on her banner with little hopes why did I waste all I got from the anniversary on that 2nd Skadi and I got her...I really got her. The roll wasn't gold nor rainbow and had no lag, I'm still in shock about this...Still, I swore if I got Eresh she'd take priority over anything else so sorry Valks 2nd skill but right now I'm going all in for Eresh. Level 100, 10/10/10 and 2k/2k fous. 

Congrats on getting Eresh!

Ishtar on Thanksgiving Banner, eh? I may try to get her to NP2 so she can use her NP more effectively (and to make her stand out a bit more in my Support List).

All I know is that I need to get myself a Skadi for farming purposes, especially now that I have the Valkyries (and Atalante). A Merlin would be nice, but he's more for challenging content and I have other means to handle such things (like my Bond CE Herc).
- - - - - - - - - -
That aside, I'm starting to have doubts about maxing out Valkyries instead of Lancer Alter (or Eresh) for my Support Lancer slot.
-- Lancer Alter is a unique pick and it helps I have her at NP2 and at 85 already. Her burst capability is great which is useful for a majority of content, but she expects a Waver or a support who can charge the rest of her NP.
-- Eresh is a solid pick due to her 50% NP Charge and being an all-rounder, but everyone loves Eresh and has her on the support lists already. I like Eresh as well (and she will pair well with Ishtar already being the Archer support), but a part of me wants to be different for Lancers. // Also, my Eresh isn't maxed out in levels or skills yet, unlike Lancer Alter and the Valkyries.
-- Valkyries seem to be built for NP Looping and survivability. While maxing them out will help me personally (whenever I get a Skadi of my own), fielding the Valkyries as support will be more for durability instead of damage potential.
== I could go the route of simply maxing out two Lancers instead of one (to fill out the "All" slot), but a part of me wants to place Tamamo there as I'm not seeing many Caster Tamamos, at least in my friend list. Also, it will delay grails for the other classes.

As for Georgios in my Rider slot, I'm tempted to place a different servant there that will see more use. I love my Georgios, but no one ever seems to use him. I can either have a unique list by keeping him there (and essentially wasting the Rider slot), or start trying to raise a Rider that is fielded more, such as Kintoki Rider.

18 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Whew lad, the Thanksgiving banner was a real blindside. I expected the usual Gil/Da Vinci/Shishou with maybe Kintoki as an extra, but they brought pretty awesome servants in Saber Shiki, Musashi and Ishtar. 

Reveal hidden contents

l8IwoID.png

Definite congrats on Erishkegal!  I got her too, and she was my last major target for a while.  The Thanksgiving banner is nice.  I think I'll try for Musashi, since all my sabers are AoE currently.  Would have been really nice if Merlin was on this banner, but can't have everything, I suppose.  A Gil merge would be nice, but not going to shell out more quartz.  I did a 10-pull and got nothing of note.  I like Rin, but have no real use for Ishtar, since I am saturated with Archers in general, and Gil fullfilled all my AoE needs and then some.  The only LB3 servant that really interests me is Lanling, but he's going into the pool, and could be a target for next year's SR ticket, so I can throw some trying for Musashi and not put myself in too bad a place if RNG does not favor me.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:27 AM, Magical Glace said:

So how many resets did it take before you got both double arts hands?

Like 2

No seriously, literally 2 I was only needing AxA iirc, but it shows double AAA and im like "oh pog"

Spent all of my remaining Quartz (~300) to get Ishtar to NP2. I didn't get Ishtar or any 5-Star servant. However, I did get a few 4-star servants, some new and others to NP2. Also managed to MLB Before Awakening and Origin Bullet CEs. 

Bit disappointed that Ishtar didn't get NP2, especially since my Quartz stash is entirely gone. At least she seems to have rate-ups semi-regularly so I may be able to try again at a later date.
-- Now its back to hoarding I guess for next November for Skadi. Gonna miss out out Illya, Miyu, Dantes, and Merlin though. I may also miss getting Ishtar to NP2 as her rate-up is in October and I need to have spare Quartz for Skadi.

106 draws in Sitonai banner = Zero SSR and 2 SR ( Archer and Frankenstein).

74 draws in Ereshkhigal banner = Zero SSR and Zero SR.

In other words, 180 draws with Zero SSR and only 2 SR.

I feel your pain, @Sire !

Plus, my friend got Abby and Ishtar with less than 20 draws, lol.

Now I need a miracle to get Xiang Yu with only 25 draws. /shrug

Last but not least, Parvati is my 3rd bond 10 servant !!!

IMG_20201124_220605.jpg

Edited by supreme123

@Rezzy @Sire Thanks! Eresh is one of the few servants I'd always try to get no matter what, and after last year's failure I'm still extremely happy about her coming to my Chaldea. 

Which also leads to this. Almost a full week of doing nothing but doors and hands, but it's finally done:

Spoiler

TSrDidz.png

All that's left is to gather gold fous from events to really max her out. That's a WIP because getting enough fous is going to take a while.