Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@Rezzy @Sire Thanks! Eresh is one of the few servants I'd always try to get no matter what, and after last year's failure I'm still extremely happy about her coming to my Chaldea. 

Which also leads to this. Almost a full week of doing nothing but doors and hands, but it's finally done:

Hide contents

TSrDidz.png

All that's left is to gather gold fous from events to really max her out. That's a WIP because getting enough fous is going to take a while.

Nice congrats!  I got mine to 90 and her second skill maxed, just need to work on mats for the other two skills, might Grail her eventually, but working on Grailing Berserker Cu to 100.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended up using the Lantern on Summer Artoria. Nero Bride's still max bond so I can't run my normal setup of Artoria, Bride, and a +1, but the supportish side of Eresh's kit is pretty similar to Bride's, so she can take her spot decently well. Her support isn't as ideal as Bride's, since Bride also covers Artoria's Lancer weakness, but it's not like I'm running the pair for CQs. Being more casual also means I can use Kaleidoscope on Artoria rather than Black Grail, which helps a lot in fixing Artoria's normally slow start.

Seems like Summer Artoria also got the minor animation update at the same time as OG Artoria, since unless my memory is total junk it looks like her command card has slightly different art compared to before.

Next Lantern will probably go on Arash since I use him a lot for farming, and his low point cost means I can bring a wider selection of backliners to farm bond. (I might even grail Arash eventually, although we'll see.)

Edited by DehNutCase

I already tossed a single grail on my Arash, that 10-level gain (60->70) is too good to pass up, especially since I use him a lot. Grailing him further seems a bit redundant since the first wave tends to be the weakest and he doesn't need that much overkill, unless you want him to reliably one-shot Lancers. I find simply giving him an "enhanced CE" for the extra attack to be more useful.

The Lantern went to my own Waver. Since I have a Waver of my own, it allows me to field the "Fully Built" servants on my friend list instead of having to field a support and just run my own team. I'm finding Okita Alter to be rather useful when dealing with the "Cavalry" classes (Rider, Caster, Assassin), especially on mixed nodes.
-- Next Lantern may end up going to either Arash, Artoria, or Ishtar (once she hits Bond 10).

And now, to start marathoning through Lost Belt 3. While I know a bit of what happens due to Clairvoyance EX, I'm interested in seeing what actually occurs firsthand.

I also gave my lantern to Waver.  I use him almost every map in story mode, so not wasting bond is nice.  I got spooked by Tamamo a while back, so running both of them for support for an Arts servant is really fun.  Too bad Arts seems to be my lowest amount of gold servants I have.  Anastasia, MHXX, and Sitonai certainly like it though.

Just finished LB3 and it was rather short compared to the other two. There were a lot of tough bosses however, particularly Old Li. I had a lot of trouble with him. And man, I know he’s a Berserker, but Xiang Yu hits like a truck!

Edited by Water Mage

My last 27 draws only given me a Kaleidoscope.

Now, with 207 draws I got ZERO SSR and 2 SR. RIP luck !!!!!

Well, at least Kaleidoscope help me use less skills for 3 turn farm with Arash and put Waver in the bench.

About the lantern, my choice was Skull Knight because I really like his design.

IMG_20201126_113804.jpg

IMG_20201127_174347.jpg

Edited by supreme123

I haven't used my lantern yet because lack of QP. I'm torn between giving it to Ishtar or Arash. I'll probably choose Arash first because he's that useful for farming while Ishtar is less splashable. 

I'm just finished with LB3 (Free quests aside, I'll do those at my leisure). I'm not good at talking about the story stuff, but I liked it well enough even if it's not in my top 5. It's not much of an spoiler but I liked Mothman's treatment of Tamamo Vitch, that was pretty cool. 

As for battles, the standouts were 13-2 with those annoying buffs that forced me to do a Jeanne solo and the battle vs Yu in the prison when she spams her NP every turn (that one would make you think she's really strong, but when you face her later on she's super weak).

Old Li was super easy. He has no way to protect himself against BB and Euryale so he spent most of the battle stunned. 

Mothman's battle is very easy to cheese. I used MHXA/Double Skadi (GGPG on mine)/Georgios/Mash/Gorgon with guts CE. Taunt trivializes the fight super hard, although you might get a Surprised Pikachu face close to the end when all your buffs get removed and your DPS dies to a 200k crit. Still easy and I used no CS.

I finished Lostbelt 3 today.  I think it's my favorite of the Lostbelts so far.

Spoiler

Weirdly enough, the hardest fight was probably Old Man Li.  It was the only one I needed to use Command Spells on, and even then I was this close to beating him without any.  I'm really hoping we find a way to save the Lostbelt citizens somehow, because I'm getting a little tired of genociding everyone wherever we go, especially after they help us.

Oddly enough, the ones I actively struggled with was the solo NP spam Consort Yu fight and 15-2 with those stupid evades and NP ticks. Old Man Li went down like a chump with double Skadi + Melt. Xiang Yu/Consort Yu was noticeably trickier but still manageable, and QSH wasn’t that bad.

As for what I think of LB3 personally.

Spoiler

I liked it enough. While the other two Lostbelts appealed to me more, this one isn’t too far behind. This one particularly redeemed Jing Ke (and to a lesser degree Spartacus) in my eyes, whom I was indifferent to for the longest time. QSH had a very colorful and interesting persona, and I liked that he was more involved than Skadi and especially Ivan. Xiang Yu and Consort Yu’s relationship, while bizarre, was genuinely touching.

There were a couple of gaffes though. Mordred, Nezha, Chen Gong, Red Hare, and Old Man Li were kinda just... there, as was Qin Liangyu whose become one of the newer additions to my disliked characters for being one of the most insufferable lawful stupid characters I’ve come across in a story so far. Also Akuta Hinako/Consort Yu’s backstory, while tragic and kinda sympathetic, also felt rather convoluted and even cliche at points. There was that part in the story that was rather annoyingly filler-ish with the ice monsters which was only addressed offhand later, which was lame. Still, it’s a solid story in all, and I look forward to going to India... in 7 months.

Edited by Silverly

Li was the hardest fight for me, since even with a prepared team I still ended up using a Command Seal for him---mind, I was limiting myself to people without full bond, so I couldn't ask Caster Nero to punch his face in. That said, no fight took more than 2 attempts and I always went in blind the first time, so 'hardest' isn't saying a lot.

Medea Lily ended up doing a lot of work, oddly enough, since if she showed up at all it meant damage was a concern (I have her in slot 4 for most fights), and debuff cleanse is helpful for a lot of fights. She'd be less useful if I passed more of the Cure command codes around, but they're rare enough that I'm holding onto most of the ones I have for the moment.

Qin Shi Huang Di was pretty much hard countered by Jeanne Alter once I actually knew what I was dealing with, since Jeanne's NP blocks his first NP (the break bar gives him debuff immunity, but it doesn't clear the debuffs that are already on him), and Jeanne breaks a bar with a single crit or NP---I think the fight took 4 turns total. He did manage to one shot Archer Artoria in a single crit during my first attempt though, so that was... something. Artoria has like 20k hp...

Xiang Yu gets an honorable mention not because any of his fights were hard, but because him being a Beserker meant that Artoria only manages to get 40% NP refund rather than 50%, so it's a lot more annoying to spam NP when I'm fighting him compared to anyone else. Bloody Beserker .8x NP mod. (Assassins have .9x, but Artoria still manages to hit 50% most of the time vs. Assassins so they don't actually matter that much.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Old Man Li was relatively easy, until he decided to crit one of my Melts to death (I could have reset the turn so she could use her NP, but I didn't). Luckily, due to the efforts of Euryale and Herc, he was defeated. Shoutout to Medea who helped get rid of his initial buff. // Team was Double Melt, Waver, Medea, Euyrale, and Herc Insurance
-- Also, just noticed Euryale got an animation update. I don't use her a lot, so it was a surprise to see.

Also, the final boss battle was a little rough, but that is likely due to me running a different team and fielding the Story Support instead of doing my usual. I had to rely on Herc Insurance to carry me through the last bar.
Story-wise, it is definitely my favorite Lost Belt thus far. I enjoyed all of the characters and the over-arching storyline. Some detailed thoughts in the spoiler below.
-- To recap, I disliked LB1 as my immersion was shot. The actions and feelings of the Master did not reflect my own (I was more in line with Billy the Kid). That said, I saw what they were trying to do, but just didn't enjoy the execution. // LB2 was enjoyable since I love Valkyries and like Norse mythology. However, LB3 just seems to resonate with me more.

Spoiler

My only criticism comes from Mordred, as she mostly seems to be a supporting character for Spartacus and his arc. However, after Chapter 9, Mordred is "just there" as a Servant with no real story significance.
-- Nezha at least is the first Servant summoned due to the Shadow Border and the similarities of technology between Nezha and Xiang Yu.
-- Chen Gong and Red Hare serve as reinforcements for Chaldea after Spartacus' sacrifice. While they offer little in terms of the overall plot, I find their shenanigans to be a welcome break from the main storyline.

I enjoyed seeing Liangyu and the Emperor all throughout, from their "friendly but reasonable" introductions to "I just hit the Confucius button", and to their final dialogues during their battle and defeat. I think I liked LB3 more than LB2 because I enjoyed the antagonists more. Heck, I loved almost everything in this Lost Belt.
-- Despite this, it's still no Camelot, Babylonia, or the CCC event. I think I enjoyed Salem just a little bit more than LB3 due to its excellent handling of multiple characters with purpose. But LB3 is definitely one of the better story arcs in FGO.

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, this should be the first event with damage & bond bonuses for the event servants. Should be nice since I use the caveman method of farming (where you click face cards until everything dies).

I don't really need another AoE lancer, but I'll probably do a 10 roll or something to see if I get any CEs, at least.

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I don't really need another AoE lancer, but I'll probably do a 10 roll or something to see if I get any CEs, at least.

That's my plan.  I just got Erishkegal, so that hole is filled for me, but getting an extra event CE of two makes farming a lot more bearable.

Well, she's unique in that every other 5* AoE lancer has a Buster NP, IRRC, so being Quick means she gets to take advantage of Skadi. But the 4* pool has a good amount of Quick Lancers so it doesn't really matter all that much in the end.

Really wish she had a bit more refund or a slightly better battery, I haven't done any in game testing, but from looking at her numbers you'll probably need someone else to clear wave 1 (probably Arash) and just brute force refill wave 3 with double Skadi's 2x 50% battery. Well, I guess her 20% battery means you can get away with a non-MLB Kaleidoscope, so that's something.

I rolled 3 ten-pulls on the banner and got NP2 Martha Ruler, which is who I wanted, so I'm happy.

I tried to get some extra CEs from the FP gacha but used 200K FP and didn't get a single extra copy of the event CE.  I guess once I get more ticket CEs, it won't be a big deal, but I'm a bit salty about that.

I'm glad bones are in this lotto, because I need like a million of them.

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Well, she's unique in that every other 5* AoE lancer has a Buster NP, IRRC, so being Quick means she gets to take advantage of Skadi. But the 4* pool has a good amount of Quick Lancers so it doesn't really matter all that much in the end.

Really wish she had a bit more refund or a slightly better battery, I haven't done any in game testing, but from looking at her numbers you'll probably need someone else to clear wave 1 (probably Arash) and just brute force refill wave 3 with double Skadi's 2x 50% battery. Well, I guess her 20% battery means you can get away with a non-MLB Kaleidoscope, so that's something.

She has only slightly less looping potential than Achilles.  If you have MLB Scope, they both can tri-loop when using 2004 or Mage MCs, or you can use plugsuit+Waver and any scope.  Both have some capability using certain 50% CEs plus plugsuit+Waver, but only against Casters.  The one loop set up Achilles is capable of that she's not is vs Casters using plugsuit+Waver and Holy Night Supper.

So she's capable, but not particularly outstanding.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

...I have no idea why I treated the tag team match that needed a Lucha Belt to enter like a CQ. Because it wasn't a CQ---I mean, you probably can't go in with total jokers, but a support Bradamante can probably solo it even without a CE. Probably should've checked the recommended level before I went in with the Atlas Code. R.I.P. Mystic Code exp, Atlas was level 10.

I guess it was better safe than sorry, since it did cost a Lucha Belt to enter, but I'm planning to farm a decent amount since my QP reserves are completely empty, meaning the Lucha Belt wasn't that big of a deal. Pity about all the gold embers I'll end up burning, but that can't be helped.

Edit: Oh, and the rare prism shop restocked, so I bought a Lantern and used it on Arash. Pretty useful more or less right away since I need Aurora Steel---Arash is part of my automated farming comp for that---and the event maps don't have any. (Okay the wiki says the 5 Lucha Belt free quest has it as a rare drop, but I'm not big brained enough to farm Aurora Steel that way.)

Going to really have to start thinking about burning some of the duplicate 4*s that I don't care enough about to NP5 for rare prisms in a few months.

Edited by DehNutCase

On 12/14/2020 at 2:53 AM, YotsuMaboroshi said:

She has only slightly less looping potential than Achilles.  If you have MLB Scope, they both can tri-loop when using 2004 or Mage MCs, or you can use plugsuit+Waver and any scope.  Both have some capability using certain 50% CEs plus plugsuit+Waver, but only against Casters.  The one loop set up Achilles is capable of that she's not is vs Casters using plugsuit+Waver and Holy Night Supper.

So she's capable, but not particularly outstanding.

On 12/13/2020 at 5:42 AM, Water Mage said:

For someone with such a...unique NP, Bradamante is so forgetable and unremarkable. Her kit isn’t particularly good or particularly bad. She’s perfectly average and there’s nothing unique about her playstyle.

Brada actually have one extremely super specific but rather unique niche

Being able to use Chan Gong set up without MLB Scope

That said it IS true that shes kinda average - part of it is because her specs are weaker than Fionn in a meta where Fionn is the checkmark for viability.

Shes also competing with Parvati who is basically a Monarch

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

On JP news, the unthinkable has happened! A MALE Santa Servant! That’s amazing! I’m really excited for Santa Karna! He’s an AoE Saber which I don’t think we had a Welfare like that before other than Saber Lily but’s she a special case.

Kind of funny that I didn't notice until I started automating that Arash is on the bonus servant list. (When I'm not automating the 100% damage, 50% bond Servants take up all of my free slots, so I don't even look at him.)

But wow things are easy when you can get Arash to 100% NP with his NP Battery & Bradamante's with a 50% CE + Arash gets 50% damage buff for free. I still lose 2 CE slots, but I get to use my 2 free Servant slots on 4*s, meaning I can run 50% bond Servants rather than 20% bond.

(Besides, I might lose 2 CE slots, but I only lose 1 CE. Because I haven't had a single CE drop yet. FML.)

Edited by DehNutCase

...Okay, so the CQ has a debuff that says 'unremovable.' Except you can remove it. *shrug*

It also felt a bit undertuned, but that's neither here nor there. Would've been a bit harder if the debuff was actually unremovable like it says, but because of the timing of when they apply it the debuff would only be an issue if you didn't know it was coming.

Now that the best Lotto node as opened, it's time to get to farming. Lots of my Servants are being ascended and leveled, although I'm now being bottlenecked by Lanterns (poor Eresh), Ygg Seeds, and Pages. // I got 11 Servants left to finishing ascending at the time of this post (Chacha is another one, but I wasn't active during her event.)

As for boxes, currently on Box 75 with 91 Gold Apples left. I'll worry about the CQ later after I'm done farming.