Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

This is the smoothest lotto farming I've ever had in this game. I'm on box 40 and I am 1 CE drop short of getting a second MLB copy while keeping my 5 CE comp intact which is awesome! It also helps that grailing my Valks to 90 (and giving them a few gold Fous) allows them to clear the lotto node in 3~4 turns without a MLB Kscope because Moriarty requires either a Quick crit or a BNPx chain to die but the Harry Potter Mystic Code tends to cover for bad RNG 80% of the time or so. 

I just got a 2 week vacation from College so I'll make the most out of it and start farming like crazy. I still have 315 golden apples left so let's see if I can reduce that number to 150 or so. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of tempted to go farm the bone node rather than using up all my apples on the lottery node. If I swap to plugsuit or hogwarts I only need a single non-drop CE to farm, but I'm too lazy to do that. I think I have a 0 CE automation comp in my box if I run Plugsuit, Arash, and Nito, but plugsuit is level 10 and I don't care about the lottery that much.

About halfway done with my apple stash* (used all my silvers and 1/3 of my gold), but I'm not sure I want to use everything up. Pretty sure I'm getting dangerously close to max QP already.

*Wasn't a very big stash, mind, started with a bit more than 100 of each.

Managed to Ascend and Level all but 7 Servants who are lacking materials. Currently trying to farm some Ghost Lanterns (Camelot Node) to continue Ascension on 3-4 of my Servants so I can continue the Lotto farm for the EXP cards. I may also try to farm some more Mics so I can get more Demon Hearts (which I need for Eresh but spent on leveling skills), and to clear out some more of the shop.
- - - - -
As for my Lotto Farm strat, I'm using my makeshift "Valkyrie + Support Skadi" loop. Takes around 3-4 turns to pull off depending on RNG. Gotta use my maxed out Plugsuit, but I get to field more Lotto CEs, so its not a bad trade in my opinion.
-- Arash nukes first wave, Valkyrie starts her NP gain skill.
-- Para places +NP Gain on Valkyrie, Swaps out for Waver.
-- Waver tops off Valkyrie with 2 skills, Valkyrie buffs herself, Skadi buffs Valkyrie, Valkyrie NPs 2nd wave
-- Skadi tops off Valkyrie for another round of NP, with Waver as insurance for 10%. While the Valkyrie's NP won't kill the boss, he usually goes down to normal attacks within the turn or the next. All the crit stars help with this.

I'm on box 70, and I still haven't gotten enough CE drops to MLB it without losing towels per run, let alone gain them.  The RNG gods hate me.

I've actually been MLBing the drop CEs really early and filling the empty spaces with bond CEs. I knew QP wasn't an issue and I was burning gold exp cards from the 10th box or so, so the lottery itself was more like a bonus on top of the excellent drops from the nodes themselves, the decent amount of master & mystic code exp, and bond points. Pity the lottery node has the best exp but only mediocre material drops. Feathers and Claws are decent, but I think I'm going to farm the Giant's Ring node until I have a stash of 100. The skeleton node is great, but a stash of 200 is enough to keep on hand. I used a fair amount to make sure every 4* has at least 6/6/6 skills barring the other version of Mecha Liz, but now that I'm done with that I don't have any pressing need for materials.

Other than Aurora Steel, that is, but I'll work on that after the lottery's over.

I've been considering using a master exp CE, but I think the gains from getting more APs from apples earlier isn't going to make up for the lost bond points of not running bond point CEs. (Haven't done any hard math, mind, so it's just my gut feeling.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Well, turns out I do have a 3 turn comp with all drop CEs. Problem is it relies on RNG (works about half the time, I think), needs plugsuit, and I can't automate it. Only have 20 Golden Apples left, though, so I think I'll just manually farm the rest of the event. Pity the Nox recorder doesn't work (it records a black screen), because OBS makes the game run a lot choppier. Even the initial loading time went from ~30s to 42s.

Link that skips loading time.

Spoiler

Got around to the Challenge Quest. It was a little dicey because the wiki's page was misleading, but I managed it in my first attempt. Herc Insurance is wonderful.
-- Mostly focused on AoE NPs, but the Evasion buffs were a pain to deal with. I also didn't get to fire off Support Raikou's NP as she went down right before the NP Down debuff expired.
-- Last enemy standing was Cursed Arm Hassan, with the Protection from Wind being annoying.

As for boxes, I'm at 144 and am basically done with the Lotto. I still run it with natural AP, but the farming is done. I need materials more than I need QP, Mana Prisms, and EXP Embers.
-- Aside from materials, I got plenty of Interludes and Rank Up Quests to finish, although I may just wait for a campaign to run those with lowered AP.
-- Then there's also the Free Quests left to finish. I just need to finish up Salem and the LB ones.

169 boxes and .991B QP. I'll either farm a few more boxes (skilling up some random Servants I'll probably never use to burn QP) or get back to Aurora Steel farming depending on my mood later.

Hopefully the New Year GSSR gets me a new Servant so I can actually spend some of these QP. Not a fan of a 43 Servant GSSR Banner, assuming it's like JAPs, but whatever. On the plus side, there's no one I absolutely detest on that banner, so even the worst roll should give me someone I'd tolerate. (Not sure what I'll end up doing if I end up with a NP5 duplicate---might just level and ascend them anyway.)

I finally had some luck on the CE drops and have gotten to about 130 boxes.  I've only got a few gold apples and I'm not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow, but I'll try to squeeze a few more in if I can.  I seriously need pieces and monuments now, though.  I've hit roadblocks for ascending dozens of servants now, but at least I have most of the servants leveled that I really wanted to.

At long last I finally got all my bronze servants to max ascension. For silvers there's only like 8 left and none of them have a RUQ in NA so it's fine leaving them at level 1 until the Nightingale lotto. Now it's just a matter of doing all the RUQ I have available and also get those with interludes to Bond 5 while I'm at it. All those things are worth like 80 quartz or so. I think I'll save those for Melt or Kama. 

I also maxed Summer Nero, Kuro, Valkyrie and Sitonai's skills. Jeanne's star gen skill is also at level 10 now, the only reason I didn't max her on the spot is that her 2nd skill isn't worth that much QP so that'll wait until it recieves a buff. 

As for box count, I stopped at 119 and a half because some IRL stuff came up so I didn't do anything for the last 2 days of the event. Still, I got a lot out of this lotto and that's pretty sweet! 

Kind of want to roll a bit for NP2 Hokusai, but her banner gives 2020 CEs rather than 2021 CEs, so I can't use them for the NY event.* But it's the last campaign for her if I don't count GSSRs.

*That said, her Banner's last so even if it was 2021 CEs I still wouldn't get to use them for most of the event.

I'll probably toss a 10-roll and maybe some loose tickets at the Beni-enma banner. On the other hand, the only people I care about on the NY banner is for getting NP2+ so I'm not sure if I'll be rolling on them.

Nice thing about new years is getting to stay up as late as I want since it's a holiday. (I mean, I occasionally do that even if I have work, but I like to get 10+ hours of sleep or else I feel like shit the entire day.)

Look who’s the JP New Year Servant: 

A preview of his skills:

AOE art saber with 2 art cards and 2 buster cards.

1st skill: Increase self art, buster, quick up for 50% in 1 turn, gain 15 critical stars and increase star gather rate for 1000% in 1 turn.

2nd skill: Applying self ignoring invincible for 1 turn, and increasing star drop rate for 100%, and increasing self critical strength for 100% for 3 turns. Further increase self critical strength for 100% against enemies who have evasion buff or invincible buff for 1 turn.

3rd skill: Gain 50 NP at level 10 and gain(not yet known) NP when using commands for 3 turns

NP: AOE art. Increase self Art before damaging the enemy, and this is the overcharge effect(10% at OC1). Increase self NP strength for 10% before damaging the enemy. Remove enemy attack buffs. Ignoring Defense. 3 hit with 0.59 NP refund rates.

Significant Passive: 10% art up and special attack against king trait enemies(% unknown). Increasing team critical strength(% unknown) when he is on the field.

Muramasa's nice and all, but did you see the Fate/Grand Carnival season 1 part 1? It was hilarious! I'm hoping Orion will be the new Lancer ga shinda, seeing Artemis do a 100 arrow combo on him and the one that looked like Unlimited Lost Works with the stuffing coming out instead of a sword was mega funny. 

A bit strange that we get two 50% NP Battery Sabers almost back to back after having a drought of them since the start of the game. Muramasa's kit is pretty pushed in general, and it's even more concerning because the 5* saber pool (in my view) is pretty weak overall, so there's a bunch of randoms hanging around the 6-7 range and there's this one weird guy that's 9.5 or something.

As much as I like triple Buster decks, the fact that Castoria exists means that Arts is just in a better place than Buster at the moment, so Ibuki* kind of got shafted. Maybe they'll release a support caster that lets Buster servants farm, which would have the added bonus of, presumably, making people like Artoria who get a bit of refund from their Buster NPs pretty crazy.

*She's still stellar compared to the 5* Saber pool sans Muramasa, but that doesn't actually say anything.

Edit: Got Da Vinci in the GSSR. Pretty much an exactly in the middle of the road roll for me. Don't need her for gameplay and don't care about her either way characterwise. But it's not a bad roll, so I'll take it. Does end the 3 GSSR streak of me getting more or less the exact Servant I was looking for though.

Edited by DehNutCase

18 tickets and 93 quartz were all i could scrounge up for Gil's return...but I got him to NP4! I just need one more copy~ If I don't get the funds for more quartz today, I'll have to wait until the 7th. Hopefully, I'll get him with GSSR ❤

This is also where I didn't read ahead to realize you have to complete SIN in order to play the new event. Well...guess I'll work on it next year. Too much irl stuff coming up with management changes and my own upcoming promotion. Same reason I didn't get as much done for the Christmas event this year outside of barely scrapping out NP5 Quetz.

Edit: Thought my stimulus check came in, so I threw $25 at it. Got Sessyoin as my GSSR and did another pull for Gil...score! I just need to max out Gil's second skill and get him to 2000/2000 now! 🥰 The king is truly generous. 

Edited by silverserpent

Oh baby a double! Got my first ever 2 (G)SSR in one roll, being Raikou and Kiara. They’re both dupes, but I’m content with them. Both of them are getting NP upgrades in the future so they’ll clap a bit harder. 

I threw in tickets for New Years to see what happened. I got a gold saber, but it wasn’t a birb. Artoria came for the first time ever, and despite it being a hard spook I’m not mad about it. I in fact welcome the OG Saber.

Spent a lot more than I planned on Beni & Nero's banner, but I did pick up a bunch of CEs and another copy of Caster Nero*, so I'm pretty content with the results. Not sure if I'll end up rolling on Hokusai's banner at this point between my lower quartz stockpile and the fact that literally everything kills Beserkers.

...The fact that the NY banner is the last banner for Nero and Hokusai is pretty annoying.

*Slightly tempted to NP5 her, even, but I don't feel like shanking wallet-kun at the moment.

I'll probably end up giving the anti-stun Command Code to Rider Ishtar, since I do use her occasionally for caster maps when I'm running a 4* damage dealer due to cost constraints. Not sure if I'll give her White Vessel (the remove 1 debuff) code as well, since that one is a bit more general purpose & I don't use her that often---she gets the anti-stun one since I don't really use anyone else that stuns themselves.

Not the biggest fan of this event's mechanics, although I did enjoy the story a fair amount.

I'm debating if I want to try and clear out the shop or not as I don't particularly want to be spending any apples. Maybe natural AP will be enough to get everything I need...

Yeah the 'you have to spend at least 4 days on this no matter what' mechanic is pretty annoying. (Also I wish it's more obvious which buildings unlocked more free quests, I think it's always the bottom 3, but you'd have to check on a wiki or something to learn that.)

On the plus side, it does also mean you get the best nodes like 3 days in rather than them being time locked, so that's nice. The NY2020 banners dropping the same CEs as the event is also pretty neat.

Edit: CQ was fun, in retrospect I should've brought some AoE servants, or at least more Buster Cards (Buster Lead is the same modifier as Card Type Mod when it comes to damage).

Spoiler

I knew it was Beni going in so it wasn't exactly a blind fight (meaning I brought Archer Artoria), but I didn't know that the monkeys would buff Benievery turn for free. The monkey buffs really made me regret focusing one monkey down at a time. RNG abuse let me keep Artoria alive until the end, though, and once it got down to Artoria only the fight was more or less unlosable thanks to her massive sustain and the fact that Beni isn't going to get another NP off between Artoria's massive damage & her NP's NP drain.

If I had to do it over I think I'd run Eresh and 1 or 2 Merlins in the front to clear the monkeys out slowly so all 3 die at the same time (2 Merlins + Eresh means the frontline only starts dying when Beni comes in, between the two invuls, Eresh's defense buff, and all the AoE heals from Merlin & Eresh), with the back line being Artoria & Artoria's supports.

Edited by DehNutCase

I managed to do the Challenge Quest on the first try.  I had Dantes/Double Skadi take out the first wave of monkeys, then Cu Alter/Emiya Alter/Gil finish off Beni.  If I had to do it again, I probably would have brought someone with debuff clear and/or sure hit, because she would go several turns in a row with evades and NP seals to prevent me from getting an NP off, so it just became a question if I would ever get a turn where one or the other wasn't up.  It was closer than I thought it would be, but I got the last turn here.

Spoiler

Wonder why they decided to drop Prisma Codes on Wednesday instead of Saturday or Monday. Today's MLK day so I would've been able to stay up for the midnight release if it had been on Monday, but I won't be doing that before a workday.

I kind of like how Miyu and Anderson's kits complement each other between Anderson healing off Miyu's self damage and Miyu getting Anderson the NP gauage he needs to hit 100% even with a level 9 skill while also fixing his buff chance issues, but practically speaking Merlin and Tamamo eats Miyu's lunch. (And being compared to Tamamo isn't exactly a good scene for a support.)

If it wasn't for the fact that 4* Rate Ups only have 1.5% I migh've seriously tried for her anyway, though, but 1.5% isn't that much better than the odds of getting an SSR. And that's assuming you roll on Miyu only days. If it's a double 4* rate up then the odds drop to 1.2% each and you're basically rolling for an SSR.

Edited by DehNutCase

On 1/8/2021 at 6:59 PM, DehNutCase said:

Yeah the 'you have to spend at least 4 days on this no matter what' mechanic is pretty annoying. (Also I wish it's more obvious which buildings unlocked more free quests, I think it's always the bottom 3, but you'd have to check on a wiki or something to learn that.)

On the plus side, it does also mean you get the best nodes like 3 days in rather than them being time locked, so that's nice. The NY2020 banners dropping the same CEs as the event is also pretty neat.

Edit: CQ was fun, in retrospect I should've brought some AoE servants, or at least more Buster Cards (Buster Lead is the same modifier as Card Type Mod when it comes to damage).

Reveal hidden contents

I knew it was Beni going in so it wasn't exactly a blind fight (meaning I brought Archer Artoria), but I didn't know that the monkeys would buff Benievery turn for free. The monkey buffs really made me regret focusing one monkey down at a time. RNG abuse let me keep Artoria alive until the end, though, and once it got down to Artoria only the fight was more or less unlosable thanks to her massive sustain and the fact that Beni isn't going to get another NP off between Artoria's massive damage & her NP's NP drain.

If I had to do it over I think I'd run Eresh and 1 or 2 Merlins in the front to clear the monkeys out slowly so all 3 die at the same time (2 Merlins + Eresh means the frontline only starts dying when Beni comes in, between the two invuls, Eresh's defense buff, and all the AoE heals from Merlin & Eresh), with the back line being Artoria & Artoria's supports.

Late since I had no PC access for the last while

On the nodes that unlock free quests, it said "tasks added"  in the name, since that's what the event called it's free quests.  I think the exception was the hot spring since you had to do that immortal Musashi mission first.

I officially have no self control when it comes to rolling on banners. R.I.P. saint quartz stash.

(Wallet-kun is going to get shanked so hard when King Protea drops.)

Kind of want to MLB Sapphire, since it's basically the best NP generation% CE in the game, but between Kaleidoscope and Prisma Cosmos it doesn't really have much of a role.

Tried three 10-rolls on the Illya/Miyu banner, got absolutely nothing worthwhile. Was just gonna try a single 10, then it went to two, and then stopped on the third of absolute nothingness.

Otherwise just cruising through the event casually since I cleared the original.

...I just averaged 1 Sapphire per roll looking for NP5 Miyu. (I have no bloody self control when it comes to rolling, apparently.)

I guess I was technically getting a lot of Miyus, but I think my luck is officially EX rank today.

Spoiler

lEjEcdT.png

LTgZ3pJ.png