Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, finished the event with time to spare after starting it 3 days ago. I had to chug on quite a few Silver apples, but I still have over 100 of those and 300 gold ones so no need to be stingy with them. 

Having all the CEs from the first run made it a breeze, the only one I didn't had was the Quick Up one but that's because it's new. 

The CQ was really easy, I started with Valks+Double Skadi to kill Chloe and take care of one of Illya and Miyu's bars. After that it became a semi stall war of Mash/BB/Skadi vs Illya and Miyu. It's pretty odd, but Skadi works nicely in a stall comp like that and her NP starts showing it's value with the one hit Evade for not taking too many hits and the Crit up to make BB hit even harder. If the enemy used AoE NPs she'd crumble, but she's pretty nice versus ST enemies. 

On gacha stories, I threw all the tickets during the Medb/Miyu day because I still have no SSR Lancer and Medb would be kinda neat. Got 2 copies of Magical Girl of Sapphire and NP2 Miyu...haaah. Miyu is a really rare servant but her rarity is directly proportional to how bad her gameplay is...well, at least she's a 30% NP battery with the extra perk of making Imperial Privilege's buffs 100% accurate so she isn't complete deadweight like Caster Gilles and the like. 

Personally I think Miyu's pretty good in terms of gameplay, the main issue is that Merlin has almost the exact same niche. Except his Crit Buff is stronger and targetable and his defensive skill is for the whole team, so her lunch gets stolen from her and eaten in front of her face. There's also the issue where her NP's buff is on her, so unlike Merlin's NP which keeps healing other Servants even if he goes down you actually need to protect Miyu.

That is, it's not so much that she's bad as there's another, older, and almost strictly better Servant already, so there's rarely a reason to use her unless you need to run a comp with 3 or more Merlin-like Servants for some reason. I ran into a situation in Nero Fest where I needed 3 Waver like servants---the Third slot was covered by Helena---to 3T a node, so it's not impossible, but I only needed to do that once in like... 3 years?

Edit: Also, wow you finished fast. I only finished the story rn, haven't even completed all the missions to do the CQ yet.

Double Edit: I just watched the enemy Ilya's NP do 0 damage to my Drake, wow that Atk Down debuff at the start is outrageous.

Edited by DehNutCase

Decided to say "screw it" and went all in on the Prism Illya banner, specifically for the 5* CE. Managed to MLB it, but didn't get any 5* Servants. I did get a copy of Lancelot and Kerry though.

Also finished the event, getting all quests done alongside the challenge one. Didn't fully clear out the shop as I didn't feel like grinding that out.

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Kind of wish we had a week off to farm free quests so I can get some pages, but it looks like Valentines also has some page nodes so I guess that's alright.

We won’t get a dead weak for a quite bit. From the Prisma Illya event we will got straight into Valentines, which will got straight into the CCC rerun which will go straight into the Chaldea Boys event which will have farming this year. We won’t get a dead week until Mid March. 

To be fair the Chaldea Boys event is rather small, but it has a really good shop, with Hearts, Proofs, Stakes and Dust in it so it’s worth farming.

More or less 345 rolls after summer 3 and  I finally got a new SSR servant ( mahou shoujo Illya ), now the curse is finished I want believe. I got Orion  NP2 in Hokusai banner but dupe dont count, lol.

Sadly I failed in Xiang Yu / Ereshkigal  banners and I continue without a Berserk/Rider/Saber/Lancer SSR. Now my next target is Reines and Ivan if he get another banner, Xiang Yu will need wait because trash banners with 0.4% drop rate and  I will only roll in a banner with 0.7%. Worst case scenario, I can wait for the SSR ticket to pick Xiang Yu and with some luck DW can give us the SSR ticket this year, like the SR tickets that we receveid before Japan.

Talking about this, how many SSR you guys have and for what servants  you are saving ? Here  I have only 11 SSR, but at least I have Skadi + Dantes and Tamamo + SJeanne, but tbh I never use arts team because double  skadi works really well. 

* * * * * SSR Servants * * * * *

Saber - Artoria (NP3)
Lancer - Eresh, Scathach
Archer - Ishtar, Orion
Rider - Maid Artoria Alter
Caster - Waver, Tamamo (NP2)
Assassin - Mysterious Heroine X (NP3)
Berserker - Nightingale
Extra - Jalter, Melt, Summer BB

* * * * * Desired Servants * * * * * 

July
- Dantes

August
- Merlin

October
- Ishtar (NP2)

November
- Space Ishtar
- MHXA
- Skadi

Huh, that's interesting. Unlike last year you can get duplicates of valentines CE you already have.

Saves me some busywork in using up the CEs I kept from last year, which is nice.

Edit: Ah, no, it's not that you can get duplicates, it's that you can watch the scene. Which seems to eat up a chocolate exchange token without giving you a duplicate, it gave me a message saying I can't claim until I use up the CE I had, but even after using the CE I had for exp I didn't get a replacement. It just sits there in the shop saying 'not claimed' without a copy arriving in my mailbox or inventory. Maybe they'll deliver the replacement copy at the end of the event? *shrug*

Double Edit: Turns out you need a lock on chocolate to collect unclaimed chocolates, gotta be careful to keep one lock on until the very end of event, I guess.

Edited by DehNutCase

On 2/3/2021 at 3:08 AM, Sire said:

Saber - Artoria (NP3)
Lancer - Eresh, Scathach
Archer - Ishtar, Orion
Rider - Maid Artoria Alter
Caster - Waver, Tamamo (NP2)
Assassin - Mysterious Heroine X (NP3)
Berserker - Nightingale
Extra - Jalter, Melt, Summer BB

July
- Dantes

August
- Merlin

October
- Ishtar (NP2)

November
- Space Ishtar
- MHXA
- Skadi

You have nice servants, but isnt a better choice to roll for Summer Jeanne instead Dantes ?

Dantes banner comes before Skadi banner and  I think is better to save for Skadi or roll for Summer Jeanne NP2, because you can 3 turn with Waver + Tamamo + Hohenheim+ SJeanne with a lv 80 Imaginary Element. 

Sadly, this is the last chance to get Skadi / Dantes and thats why I think is better to save every roll for Skadi.

Here is mine collection and desired servants for this year:

Saber - Zero
Lancer - Zero
Archer - Summer Jeanne NP2, Napoleon, Orion
Rider - Zero
Caster - Waver, Tamamo, Skadi, Illyasviel 
Assassin - King Hassan
Berserker - Zero
Extra - Abigail, Dantes NP2, Summer BB

March

- Xiang Yu

April

- Sima Yi (Reines)

October

- Sitonai

November (if they appear in thanks giving):

- Shiki

- Ereshkigal

- Ivan

December

- Super Orion

ED2SMKgU8AAgHjM (1).jpg

Edited by supreme123

7 hours ago, supreme123 said:

You have nice servants, but isnt a better choice to roll for Summer Jeanne instead Dantes ?

Dantes banner comes before Skadi banner and  I think is better to save for Skadi or roll for Summer Jeanne NP2, because you can 3 turn with Waver + Tamamo + Hohenheim+ SJeanne with a lv 80 Imaginary Element. 

Sadly, this is the last chance to get Skadi / Dantes and thats why I think is better to save every roll for Skadi.

These are just desired Servants. I was planning on saving my Quartz for Skadi when the time came (and just spending the tickets on whatever), but then on a whim I decided to MLB the 5* Miyu CE which ate up my quartz stash.

As for Dantes, I like Dantes more than Summer Jeanne. Also, I have Valkyrie and Atalante if I do ever get a Skadi for the Skadi looping.
-- Besides, I got my 70 Arash for the classic method of wiping out enemy waves if I don't get a Skadi. Sure, it uses up an extra Servant slot and CE, but that's fine.

3 hours ago, Magical Glace said:

Does anyone here have Assassin Li and/or Shikibu?  I still need their Vday CEs in my SOL.

I got Old Li but I don’t have Shikibu, I’m gonna put Old Li’s Valentine CE on my Assassin Support. Also, if it is like Semiramis’ last year, Shikibu’s Valentine CE will only be available after the final story chapter of the event.

9 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I got Old Li but I don’t have Shikibu, I’m gonna put Old Li’s Valentine CE on my Assassin Support. Also, if it is like Semiramis’ last year, Shikibu’s Valentine CE will only be available after the final story chapter of the event.

Thanks!  I got it.  

I figured as much but it's still worth knowing if anyone here has her so I can quickly grab it once it's released.

The main thing I have to say about the CQ is that it's very unmannered to have an anti-Female component when Shikibu is the sole event Servant. (Fortunately one of the three damage dealers I brought was male.)

Was a pretty fun fight overall, though.

more or less skipping this event except to farm up the tickets. I'm pretty much done with trying to summon servants except for Artoria alts. I accomplished my goal of maxing out both my Gilgamesh and am experiencing Zen. Now, it's just a matter of finishing off all my currently summoned servants for ascensions.

I've been slacking pretty hard at this event, I'm at 1.5M points (and have been for the last 4 days...). Anyways, there's still plenty of time so I think I'll be able to clear the ladder and still get most of the shop done. 

For the CQ, I wasted my CS on a failed run where Shikibu outhealed my dmg (30k heal per turn is no joke) so trying stall-ish strats was a bust. I blitzed it in two turns with Eresh/Ridertoki/Skadi/Skadi, although it required some luck. Eresh killed the books, then Ridertoki took out Shikibu's health bars and the lucky part was that he didn't get hit with the Charm (neither did Eresh thanks to her 1st skill Debuff Immunity). It was kinda anticlimatic to clear it that quickly. 

Oh, so that's why Ridertoki only got hit with the Star drop rate down. I see, well that certainly encourages blizting the CQ with him, double Skadi and an AoE Offensive Support to deal with the books. 

Ah yes, the legendary 10 turn farming run, brought to you by an all +2 Sakura Chip team (except for Nero Bride) combined with all event CEs. In retrospect I should've used Tamamo Cat or Drake in place of Nero, but oh well.

Not sure what my free time's gonna look like, but since I already did no whip Kiara last time around I guess I'll try doing Whip Only straight off the bat once I unlock it. (Too bad you can't go back to no-whip after buying the whip, because no-whip is pretty interesting itself, even if it takes forever to do.)

That Kingprotea battle is hell. I died like 6 times before resorting to the ultra stall team of Merlin (I'd appreciate it a lot if anyone could put Prisma Cosmos on theirs, all I see are CEless Merlins and a ton of Tamamos)/Jeanne/Irisviel/DPS/Buffbot. My recent run ended at turn 47 because RNG said Protea will crit everything and Jeanne was like 2% shy of using her NP...

Edit: I found a Merlin with a MLB 5* Gacha CE and managed to beat Protea after 3 long hours. This is the closest I've felt to losing my sanity for stalling the fight so hard. This clear went full degenerate when each arts card gave full refund (yes, even Iri with her trash NP gain got to 300% in one hit) and the team was practically immortal. Like, I made a ton of mistakes after turn 100 and the heals were outpacing Protea's dmg. 

Spoiler

8rgJyt9.png

I don't know if it's common knowledge, but I found out here that GoA has a limit in how many stacks you can have at once (it's like 3, afterwards it erases one stack with the new one). I also got a strange music bug where after Iri's NP the music stopped completely and it didn't came back until I used Iri's NP a second time. 

Edited by Alexmender

13 hours ago, Alexmender said:

That Kingprotea battle is hell. I died like 6 times before resorting to the ultra stall team of Merlin (I'd appreciate it a lot if anyone could put Prisma Cosmos on theirs, all I see are CEless Merlins and a ton of Tamamos)/Jeanne/Irisviel/DPS/Buffbot. My recent run ended at turn 47 because RNG said Protea will crit everything and Jeanne was like 2% shy of using her NP...

Edit: I found a Merlin with a MLB 5* Gacha CE and managed to beat Protea after 3 long hours. This is the closest I've felt to losing my sanity for stalling the fight so hard. This clear went full degenerate when each arts card gave full refund (yes, even Iri with her trash NP gain got to 300% in one hit) and the team was practically immortal. Like, I made a ton of mistakes after turn 100 and the heals were outpacing Protea's dmg. 

Hide contents

8rgJyt9.png

I don't know if it's common knowledge, but I found out here that GoA has a limit in how many stacks you can have at once (it's like 3, afterwards it erases one stack with the new one). I also got a strange music bug where after Iri's NP the music stopped completely and it didn't came back until I used Iri's NP a second time. 

Congrats, after trying to see if I could 3 turn it with mega buffs failed, I managed it with a team of Waver, Mash, d'Eon, Lanling, Cu Alter, and a support Jeanne.  I had to blow my command seals, because I made a stupid mistake and used Lanling's NP forgetting that it decreased charge by one, which made me waste Jeanne's NP and die, but apart from that snag, my team worked pretty well.

Also, how were you managing to get full NP on a single Arts card?

...The fact I don't get to use HCA story support for all of the Cage disappoints me. Been pretty busy with other things meant I haven't even made it to KP yet, only at 6/10. (Just running double Skadi + AoE DPS after Hans disappeared---Achilles + Nero Caster in the back is pretty consistent since Nero smacks any Assassins Achilles can't handle.)

Should be able to get to KP by tomorrow, though, which will leave next weekend free for Kiara.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Congrats, after trying to see if I could 3 turn it with mega buffs failed, I managed it with a team of Waver, Mash, d'Eon, Lanling, Cu Alter, and a support Jeanne.  I had to blow my command seals, because I made a stupid mistake and used Lanling's NP forgetting that it decreased charge by one, which made me waste Jeanne's NP and die, but apart from that snag, my team worked pretty well.

Also, how were you managing to get full NP on a single Arts card?

Thanks! I also tried mega buffing with a Quick Crit chain with MHXA, Double Skadi and Liz but they came 500k dmg short of a 1T kill. Then I blew my CS trying to use a friend's QSH+Taunters which also failed. 

As for the full NP per Arts card, I think the debuff Protea gives herself also increases each card effect by a bit (or it may have something to do with the huge numbers you're dealing with after Turn 50). Around turn 50 you get 50% NP gauge on the 3rd Arts card when inflicted with the NP gain down, and with the Def down you get 100% NP charge. After turn 80 or so, you start hitting Overcharge levels when hit with the Def down and after turn 100 you get Overcharge even with the NP gain down. I may be off with the turn numbers, though.