Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I managed to beat KP in about 30 to 40 turns, I can’t remember the exact number. I initially started with Mash, Jeanne and Merlin but Mash died early on so I had to keep my Enkidu alive alongside Merlin and Jeanne, wasn’t too hard since Enkidu is so tanky. In about turn 34 or 40, I swapped in my Cu, after realizing Enkidu could not one shot KP, used a CS to fill Cu’s NP gauge and had Enkidu and Cu bust out their NPs on the big girl defeating her.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I wish Tamamo wasn't so bad, because my best ST DPS is Artoria Archer. (As is I believe I do around 600k/turn, which is 400k/turn lower than what I'd need to kill KP in 3 turns.)

Gonna test stuff like whether buff prevention and stuns prevent growth before I try and find out if I can squeeze another 400k out of my lineup.

Edit: Neither stuns nor buff prevention help, which was expected, but still sad.

Double Edit: Okay, from the math it looks like double Tamamo & perfect draws (including servants dying so I can redraw my Arts cards) is barely enough to squeeze out a 3 turn kill. I guess I'll set aside a few hours to pray to RNJesus. Later, though, gonna play more Genshin Impact.

Triple Edit: You know the saddest thing I found out? I think NP5 Herc kills KP in 3 turns without even trying as long as he has max grails and fou's. (And it's probably doable without that much investment as long as you get good RNG.)

X4 Edit: Things I learned over 2 hours of trying to 3T protea. Bunyan is a better support than Merlin.

Cons:
Worse numbers on Crit & Buster. (100%/50% vs. 20%/20%)

Protection against AoE thanks to 2nd skill.

Pros:
Dies in a single turn if she's holding GGPS---KP only getting 2 attacks turn 1 sucks for getting non-Bunyans killed. (So she secretly has a third skill that swaps her with someone in the back line, which is stronger than anything Merlin can bring to the table, because she can bring Merlin to the table if you wanted to.)

Amazing star weight that allows any type of DPS to grab stars without needing star weight buffs.

X5 Edit: I give up, RNJesus bested me. (I need to draw double Quick on Atalanta Alter, who only has two quick cards, two turns in a row to kill KP in 3 turns.) I'll just go arts stall with Artoria Waver and Jeanne.

X6: And... of course arts stall obliterates KP. (Took two stacks of KP's debuff before I can OTKO, but the team could stall more or less indefinitely if I had to.)

Fight felt a lot like no-whip Kiara, except Medea Lily isn't as useful.

The fact that I lack a invested Beserker is painfully obvious, though, since even something as simple as a max grailed Herc could probably walk all over KP rather than the massive amounts of hoops I had to jump through to try---and fail---to get a level 80 Beserker to 3T KP. Too bad you can only run once, else I'd keep praying to RNJesus with my spare AP.

Edited by DehNutCase

22 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

So apparently there exists 3 wave farming nodes where the third wave can have 7 mooks in it. I wonder why I didn't remember that from the last time I did SE.RA.PH.

Is it because of the spawn bonus?  IIRC, the type 1 spawn bonus (from the Hans CE) and the Shapeshifter and Eater bonuses (from the Rin and Rani and Gil CEs, respectively) are rolled  separately, so the same Type 1 enemy can be duplicated by both CEs at the same time (thereby turning one enemy into three enemies).

1 hour ago, Magical Glace said:

Is it because of the spawn bonus?  IIRC, the type 1 spawn bonus (from the Hans CE) and the Shapeshifter and Eater bonuses (from the Rin and Rani and Gil CEs, respectively) are rolled  separately, so the same Type 1 enemy can be duplicated by both CEs at the same time (thereby turning one enemy into three enemies).

That's probably what it was---my default setup runs at least one of every spawn CE.

...I forgot my box is freakishly whale. Whip-only Kiara is by far the easiest out of no-whip Kiara, King Protea, and whip-only Kiara due to the fact I have a fully invested Artoria Archer and she kind of dumpsters whip-only Kiara.

She went down in two attempts, and the first attempt was just me figuring out the mechanics. (I didn't do whip-only last time since no-whip took all of my free time.)

A story in 5 pictures.

Spoiler

MT1TQUY.png

Don't want to command seal, so Artoria needs to get 50% gauage before I swap her into the backline.

Iacydmb.png
Kiara AoE'd my frontline down, as I intended. Full NP guage is a bit risky but I have Artoria so it doesn't even matter.
KDaoVWT.png
One bar down.
AsRhBPK.png
Two bars down.
PRmTyeT.png
Circe was in the lineup because I wanted to see if I can turn Kiara into a pig.

The fact both of the Tamamos had their team NP Damage buff meant that Artoria got a bit more refill than needed, but damage wasn't an issue since I didn't need to use Plugsuit's Atk Buff, and I only would've needed it for the very first break bar.

Event clear! I don't remember how I did last time, but now Sitonai just rampaged through the Shikis very easily. Sitonai helps me cope with the pain of throwing 180 SQ at Melt and getting nothing. The shop's practically done too, MP aside but I don't want to farm for those. 

As for Kiara, I beat the ultra nerfed version to be done with the story. Last time I did the No Whip version so now I'll try the Whip only version...although that one's pretty scary with all the buffs she has and my only strong buffer is Skadi. 

Haven't finished grinding yet, but I don't think I'm gonna do any more for the event. All that's left in the shop are prisms, warhorse horns, and monuments. And I have 28k, 269, and [don't care] of those.

All I'm going to say is that spending 1k quartz to only get 1 copy of King Protea and not even MLB 5* CE wasn't cool. (Wallet-kun is bleeding to death in the corner, but please ignore him.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Haven't finished grinding yet, but I don't think I'm gonna do any more for the event. All that's left in the shop are prisms, warhorse horns, and monuments. And I have 28k, 269, and [don't care] of those.

All I'm going to say is that spending 1k quartz to only get 1 copy of King Protea and not even MLB 5* CE wasn't cool. (Wallet-kun is bleeding to death in the corner, but please ignore him.)

If it helps, in April there will be a DL Campaign that will give a lot of SQ depending on the number of interludes you did. 10 SQ for 10 interlude. So if you did 100 interludes you will get a 100 SQ and if you did 150 interludes you get 150 SQ. It goes all the way to a potential 190 SQ as a reward.

I've been slacking off on the event, especially since I want to actually re-experience it and go through the story instead of jumping straight to grinding.

I did get EMIYA (Alter) on summoning tickets, so that's nice.

EDIT: Also got Passionlip on tickets when trying to NP2 Melt, so I have stuff to spend Embers on!

EDIT 2: Attempted the KP challenge quest and tried to mimic an "Enkidu solo." I placed Waver and Mash in the front lines alongside a support Enkidu and no one else.
-- It went poorly. I decided to say screw it and ended up using my command spells for HP, which then snowballed into also needing Saint Quartz for revivals. I ended up finishing the fight around turn 60 with 3 SQ spent. The team comp was tanky, but not tanky enough.
== Also in the middle of rushing to finish everything, but I'm on the end stretch. Just need to finish up the last couple of missions and beat the main story, as well as the bonus area afterwards.

As an aside, I went through the Valentine's gifts for the first time during that event. While I did have to skip though the dialogue for some of the guys since the event was nearing its end, some of the scenes were pretty interesting. Summer BB stood out to me, as well as the few scenes that features other Servants aside from the main.

Edit 3: Managed to clear the 100 missions. Couldn't clear out the shop completely, but at I least I nabbed the important stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to take it easy for a while...

Edited by Sire

• 2 weeks later...

Cleared the challenge in my very first time! Admittedly I did prepare for it, but still surprised me! I didn’t have much of a hard time at the start, and Lobo was a very good boy through the whole battle. He was the star of the show. Though it was fairly  simple, I wouldn’t say it was easy since after a broke the 2 bar, Holmes’ crits hit like crazy and he pretty much one shot 3 of my Servants. I was very lucky he didn’t go after Lobo!

Regarding the CQ, I have a level 100 JAlter. And that's pretty much all there is to say.

The story was short and sweet, so that was nice. Not a lot of days to grind the event, so I might have to apple if there's a lot of things in the shop I need. It's more relaxing than normal events in exchange for not having basically a dead week to rest near the end because I usually apple through them.

Just finished the event's story, it was short and sweet so no complaints there. 

As for the CQ, it took me like 7 tries due to bad RNG but when the numbers aligned it was awesome! I used MHXA, Double Skadi and a Taunt conga line. It was hilarious to see MHXA do like 500k dmg per NP and refund like 40%. There was a run where Holmes caught me off guard because he removed all my offensive buffs after breaking his 2nd bar, so I was forced to save the Combat Uniform's Stun for that moment. 

I also caved in and maxed Georgios and Leonidas skills, I think it'll be a good investment if this CQ is anything to go by. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Kama's dropping tonight. I wish she didn't have such heavy overlap with Jack, but I'll probably toss some quartz at her anyway. (Wallet-kun would scream for mercy right around now, but he already bled to death.)

Really wish they wouldn't start events on random weekdays, though.

this will have to wait, but the free sq let me do a 10 pull. Lo and behold, I get Kama and no event CEs! Gacha luck is weird...I want the Servant, I get a ton of CEs; I want the CEs, I get the Servant. Granted, after researching her, I'm not too upset about getting her. Just hope I'm not using up my luck for Rulertoria.

I watched through FGO Chaldea Broadcasting Station U.S. Branch Vol. 11, seems like there's a Babylonia Blue-Ray release campaign going on with an Ishtar banner, so I'm likely to try to get my Ishtar to NP2. She's already grailed to 100 and I think she's my current target for 2000/2000 since Herc is completely maxed out.
-- It helps that my other desired Servants don't show up until much later (August for Merlin and November for Skadi), although I may end up just saving up for Skadi since farming occurs far more often than challenge quests. At least in CQ, I have Herc Insurance, may be able to use command seals, and can borrow a support Merlin, so having double Merlin may be overkill.

As for the current event, I haven't had the chance to start it yet. Hopefully I can do so soon.

I got some free time today so I started the event, and got to where you get new Mystic Code skills. Those new skills are pretty good (mostly the Star bomb) but I feel I'm going to shoot myself in the foot if I keep using them for some reason. 

I think this is the improved version of Ooku? It still feels like Unlimited Loading Works, even if the loading per node isn't super long. I do like that the nodes cost almost no AP, but you really need at least a couple of hours to deplete your AP bar make it 3 hours with all the reading. Thank goodness I'll be totally free next week so I can binge the event. 

Since I play on an emulator loading doesn't really bother me.* (I just alt tab and read something.) The fact that each post-node reward screen takes a few seconds for everything you get is a bit annoying, though. You always get a lantern, but you also take another... 3 seconds? or so to get whatever other thing you get. It's a minor delay, but it's just minor enough that I have to sit there doing nothing---since I don't really save time alt tabbing to read, like, 1 whole sentence before I tab back to FGO---and you run into a lot of them in the event.

*Edit: If you're talking about the loading between every piece of text then it's a bit annoying, but it's only like 2s for me so I don't really mind it. I guess it's a bit weird I mind the rewards screen but not the text *shrug*.

Pretty chill event overall, though, but I can tell it's probably not at all fun to binge. (Although it still beats mission events.) Doing it on natural AP regen is a lot better since I finish each day's exploration in 2 sessions.

Edited by DehNutCase

On 3/24/2021 at 7:30 PM, Alexmender said:

I got some free time today so I started the event, and got to where you get new Mystic Code skills. Those new skills are pretty good (mostly the Star bomb) but I feel I'm going to shoot myself in the foot if I keep using them for some reason. 

I think this is the improved version of Ooku? It still feels like Unlimited Loading Works, even if the loading per node isn't super long. I do like that the nodes cost almost no AP, but you really need at least a couple of hours to deplete your AP bar make it 3 hours with all the reading. Thank goodness I'll be totally free next week so I can binge the event. 

Late but don't worry about the bar.  You can un and refill it as much as you like at the end of the event.  Just sit back and enjoy the broken MC skills.

Having played Unlimited Loading Works this is better than the first run on JP, but it doesn't feel as smooth as the second run for some reason.  IDK.  It's definitely closer to run 2 than run 1 though.  There was a patch to help fix the loading that came halfway through the first run (at which point I was already done with the event) so it's probably similar to the post patch version of that.

3 hours ago, Magical Glace said:

Late but don't worry about the bar.  You can un and refill it as much as you like at the end of the event.  Just sit back and enjoy the broken MC skills.

Having played Unlimited Loading Works this is better than the first run on JP, but it doesn't feel as smooth as the second run for some reason.  IDK.  It's definitely closer to run 2 than run 1 though.  There was a patch to help fix the loading that came halfway through the first run (at which point I was already done with the event) so it's probably similar to the post patch version of that.

I see, well I might still limit myself on using those when absolutely necessary if only for immersion's sake. But it's nice that it doesn't really affect you permanently. 

Yeah, for me the loading varies between 3~5 seconds for text only nodes, and it takes like 10~15 if the node has no fights but gives mats. On their own it's not that bad, but with how many there are it slowly adds up to make it feel like ULW. I don't even want to imagine how bad the original ULW was in JP. 

Ugh, best I can do against full gauge Kama is 2 break bars, she's kind of a beating. I'll try Shikibu* as my DPS over Artoria next time, but later---too tired to try more. I was wondering how they'd make a CQ hard in an event with damage bonus CE, but I guess they do it by inflating hp like crazy.

*Buff block on Shikibu's NP means she should be able to let me use Invul servants to tank the NP, meaning I can swap in Jeanne over Medea Lily for debuff clear. Lacking gauge drain is a slight issue, and so is the fact she hits like a wet noodle, but hopefully being AoE means that she can clear the clones fast enough to not cause problems while still damaging the main Kama.

Edit: I mean, I can probably grind her down with the Artoria team if I'm willing to use 3 command seals to revive, but going that far is basically the same as throwing Saint Quartz at the problem. (It's not a CQ, so they allow revives, I believe.)

Edited by DehNutCase