Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I just beat the story. Using Kama to beat Kama has some irony that escapes me, but I'm sure it's there. Anyways, after summoning her everything got absurdly easy so I think I'm going to try beating Kama at 25% & 50%. But first some door farming, I need to max Kama's battery at the very least, having it at level 9 feels awful. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This... is going to take a while.

Spoiler

32ydcPb.png

40 turns for one break bar, gods... Still have all 3 of the permanent guts from 30 turns ago, though, so unless Kama gets some ridiculous permanent buff in the later break bars I'll kill her eventually. I'm estimating like 200-300 turns. It's no-whip Kiara all over again.

Edit: 300 turns might be too optimistic, the later bars have more hp. Maybe 500 turns...

Double Edit: Halfway mark, I think. Used 2 out of 3 guts in the 99 turn cd. Going to take a break because I think I've been at this for 2 hours or something already.

Spoiler

pPKSIXm.png

The Damage Up buff from the 2nd break bar does surprisingly little, but if Kama gets another damage boosting buff on the last break bar it might push things over the edge. (Wish I had a maximally invested ST Berserker in the backline, now, especially if it's Hercules or something. Or at least some kind of clutch ST damage dealer to damage race the last bar.)

Edited by DehNutCase

And here I was thinking I had quite the patience when I stalled Kingprotea for 130 turns or so...that's pretty amazing. 

Someone in my friend's list whaled for a NP5 Kama so I used that one alongside mine, Skadi and a Taunt conga line George is pretty amazing, isn't he? to see if I could beat 100% Kama. I had to use CS because my Kama's Guts isn't at level 10, but that happened when the boss was in her last bar and had only 1M Hp left so that's a win in my book. 

Spoiler

3T4VkSA.png

jBx31L2.png

Okay, apparently my backline was pretty good after all, even if I didn't have a ST DPS to damage race. After Merlin died it was Medea Lily, and after she died it was Waver, who sped things up a lot since he had actual damage buffs to give out. (20% Atk Up from Merlin or, if you squint, the ability to clear all the offensive debuffs using Medea Lily;s NP don't really count as buffs.) Took ~180 turns and a command seal but Kama went down.

Used the command seal because I was too aggressive with my cooldowns at the end, and ended up having nothing up to survive the main Kama's NP.

Spoiler

LvZmqod.png

The buffs from the last breakbar, it was just enough to tip things to the point where Jeanne and Merlin couldn't quite keep everyone topped up anymore. If they had NP2 it would've been fine, probably, but they didn't.

Spoiler

tzuoLUO.png

And this picture probably shows why I don't actually use Poster Girl that much. I RNG abuse like crazy whenever I need to so that only the person I want to die dies. Once it was the final stretch I didn't need sustain anymore so Jeanne was allowed to die, but before that she was 2nd to only Shikibu in terms of who I needed to keep alive.

I'm probably going to grab NP2 for Shikibu, Merlin, or Jeanne for this. If they were 4* I'd toss a grail instead, like how Medea Lily got a grail for beating no-whip Kiara, but they're 5*.

Hmm...the CQ was kind of a joke compared to super Kama. Parvati+Double Skadi cheeses it really hard, just pop Parvati's 2nd skill before breaking Shikibu's bar and you're golden. 

Technically it took 2 attempts for the CQ. The first attempt I went in with two ST damage dealers, saw it was a 6 enemy CQ, and nope'd out immediately. (It was probably doable with my team, but I didn't feel like trying.)

2nd attempt I saw one of my friends' NP5 Kiara with the event CE, so I built a team around her and with Kama all the way in the back to close everything out. People went down but the team expected that to happen, so it wasn't really a problem.

Haven't finished the event yet, but I definitely appreciate how it handles its subject matter and themes when compared to Agatha. Heck, the CCC event even did it well even though it was only covered near the end of that one.

Taking on the main missions with only 3 Servants is getting rough on the last floor. I use Summer BB with the DMG CE and Ishtar with the Holy Night Supper CE, with a support Skadi. While it sucks not having class advantage, this trio can usually handle whatever is thrown at them. // That said, I am starting to rely on the busted Command Codes, but since I'm full clearing everything and hear there are ways to handle the gauge, I'm not too worried.
-- I am wishing I had a Skadi of my own so I can do the Quick Loop for farming purposes. I have a variety of servants who can pull it off, although I plan on investing in my Valkyries since they are favorites of mine.

Rolled for NP2 Ishtar, using my ~230 Quartz savings.
-- Caster Gil NP2
-- Ana (Smol Medusa) NP2
-- Kaliedoscope 3

...and after the first 3 good 10-rolls I got absolute garbage. Then I cashed in my SQ Fragments, giving me 20 Quartz to use, and NP2 Ishtar arrived!
-- Now to continue spending all my Tickets and Quartz on the banner to see if I can raise Ishtar's NP levels higher, even though I am completely broke now.

* * * * EDIT * * * *

Finished the event a while ago. I ended up using Melt as my DPS for the final boss, which felt right due to story connections.

As for the CQ, I got a friend's Kiara with +200 damage and went to town. First time I accidently disabled the Ooku skills, so I had to restart. Second time I had to reset due to stray Crits, but the third time I managed to prevail with Herc Insurance finishing off the match. (I was multitasking during the CQ and noticed too late that Kiara died, so I couldn't RNG manipulate things.)

Edited by Sire

Finally an exp campaign, now I can get rid of all the exp CEs and Valentine CEs I've been holding for like 2 months now.

I don't usually leave stuff in the mail box, but right now I have like ~80 CEs in the mail on top of a completely full inventory. Strictly speaking if I moved stuff to the 2nd archive I should still have some space left over, but there's not much difference between moving all the exp CEs to the 2nd archive and leaving a bunch of valentine CEs in the mail. Also, I don't know when they added it, but the fact you can filter for CEs by what they do means it's a lot easier to separate Valentine CEs from everything else, now. Just search for CEs that do literally nothing.

Now I'll just need a lottery event to refill my QP and level up the new servants I got.

Not sure if I'll be rolling for MHXA. I do need a ST Beserker, but I have a decent selection of 4* ones and, while I do like MHXA's aesthetics, it's not to the point of rolling a bunch for her. For gameplay I'm probably just going to wait for Galatea.

Edit: Ended up rolling for the Choco Angel CE since I needed one more to MLB. Took more than a few rolls, considering it's a 4* CE, but MHXA also came along for the ride. (Also, Yan Qing showed up twice for some reason.)

Edited by DehNutCase

The quartz infusion really helped me here:

Spoiler

LAjhzyq.png

NP2 Kama should suffice for pulling off some memey strats during Gilfest so I'll settle at that. Tomoe was a nice surprise as I really like her design and ST Archers are quite rare. Well, now it's saving mode until Space Ishtar's release.

EXP Campaign is great. I can finally use up all my CEs and EXP cards, as well as start burning FP points. Managed 1-80 Passionlip and 80-90 my Valkyries.

With the extra tickets, I tossed some at Kama and she showed up with the 2nd Ticket. While I have MHX at NP3 (and I'm still in awe on how that happened), Kama should be useful and fun to use.
-- Almost managed to get Kama 1-80 with my remaining Embers, but I'll have to make up the rest of the levels with FP Embers.
-- The rest of the Tickets and Quartz may end up being spent sparingly for MHXA and NP3 Ishtar, although I may end up saving for later servants down the line.

Although with all the upgrades, my QP supply is starting to get low again despite farming hard on the last Lotto. At least I have +100 Golds available for the next one.
-- And I have a feeling I'll need the EXP since we'll be getting new 1-3 star Servants some time in the future, and I would like to max out their levels. (Skills I tend to leave at 4 since they usually just need gems, they only go higher if I actively use them.)

* * * * * EDIT * * * * *

With 100 or so extra Quartz, I spent them in attempts to get NP3 Ishtar and did a 10-roll for MHXA.
-- Instead I got Qin and Drake, alongside 2 5-star CEs that I did not need...

While I'll be keeping Qin, getting Drake was not necessary as I already have plenty of riders with AoE NPs. While I have nothing against Drake, I also don't care much for her either.
-- In the end I found getting 5 rare prisms to be more useful than another AoE NP Rider. I could use the Visionary Grails more, and I currently do not have the resources to raise another Servant. Missing the interludes is not fun, but I think Drake's were some of the earlier ones which weren't that amazing story-wise anyways.

Edited by Sire

I've been fooling around with some of the level 80 free quests to see how Kama fares without external buffs (only the Atlas MC for emergencies). She's quite the soloist, isn't she? Low CD perma guts and recovering 6k health if she has the Tamamo CC is nothing to scoff at, then add the turns she buys with her charm and you got quite the menace. She only needed the Invincibility from the MC on a node full of 3 bar Assassins, everything else she could handle with only her skills.

Although I'm not sure if that'll translate well to CQs and bosses. DW has a vendetta against Euryale & Stheno, I guess for what she did to Gawain, which makes Charm a lot worse than Stun or Petrify so that's not something you can rely on. The guts and heal combo is still pretty strong, but Buff wipe on break is becoming kinda common...What I'm getting at is that Santa Nightingale can't come soon enough. 

Edited by Alexmender

Hmmm... Can anyone who did the event before tell me if they got the 3* CE from the first node? I believe I saw the drop screen for it, but then I checked my inventory afterwards I didn't actually get an extra copy of the CE.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. The 3* CE is given in a later node. My memory is just garbage.

Edited by DehNutCase

Guda 3 is my first rerun, kinda nice to have all the CEs from last time and a fully leveled Ryouma and Okita Alter to use.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Guda 3 is my first rerun, kinda nice to have all the CEs from last time and a fully leveled Ryouma and Okita Alter to use.

It’s an odd feeling isn’t it? The first rerun of an event you already played. It’s the first sign you became a veteran of the game and looking at how your Servant rooster grew is amazing. 
I’ve been playing this game for two years now and it’s so weird finally playing events that I first seen on the JP Server.

Thinking back, it's been a little over 3 years since I started this game. My first event was the Da Vinci lotto, it was quite the struggle to get 10 boxes of each currency, haha.

I still remember when I had to be carried by my friend's list DPS servants while fearing sometimes that they'd unfriend me one day because my roster was so barren and it took me weeks to improve just 1 servant. I was always asking "I got x SR servant, are they good?" because of Mat hell and treated my Euryale as preciously as an SSR due to how hard she carried me through Camelot and many events. I don't use her as much nowadays because DW hates Charm locking and that reduces her to an anti-male glass cannon that has survivability issues during longer fights without an specialized team she still dunked on Surtr, tho

Heh, it's funny to look back to those days. Nowadays I think my roster is deep enough to let me run meme comps or solos if I so desire, my friend's list is practically full at all times and my support setup went from Mash and other underleveled servants holding whatever CEs I could get to an almost exclusive SSR list with a mix of MLB event CEs and Kscopes. Then again, the full friend list didn't happen until I got Skadi, so it hasn't been that long for that particular part, haha.

I started English at its launch, but didn't play very much before the first CBC, when I rolled Waver.  After that I got much more into the game.  

It's kinda crazy how weird the entry curve is in this game.  Getting things raised early is hard.  But after a while of playing you have lots of excess.  I'm ready to lv 100 and 10/10/10 both Reines and Gray as soon as I get them, which would sound insane to a newer player struggling to get mats and EXP.  

My first rerun was the Halloween 1 rerun.  It was neat, I guess.

Reminiscing about our starts of FGO eh? Don’t mind if I do! I jumped in around early December in 2018, just right when the Babylonia singularity was released. I pulled Merlin when his banner dropped so my journey through my early days wasn’t particularly arduous, but I otherwise had some pretty miserable luck for roughly 2/3rds of 2019. It wasn’t until I pulled Illya off a ticket when things really turned for the better and by 2020 it’s been straight up sacking of the gacha. Oh, and I’d rather forget about the mat hell,  its pretty nasty at the start. Don’t even get me started how back then demon hearts couldn’t even be farmed outside those bloody caster nodes. Nowadays aside of some annoying bronze mats like bones and especially dust (ugh), I usually have healthy stash of what I need for ascensions and skills. I feel this is a game that has an initial sharp grinding curve, but once you reach the hurdle it’s pretty smooth sailing and most new additions to your roster can be brought up to snuff immediately. 

As for my first rerun, I think it must’ve been Gudaguda 2. When you reach the encore it’s nowhere near as difficult since you’re aren’t scrambling for currency to buy CEs which you might not even need (case in point this event). Instead you can just go right into the farming. 

Edited by Silverly

I started the game around the first Halloween event in October of 2017. Back then I relied on an OG Jeanne support to carry my teams, as well as using Georgios to tank for my frailer DPS servants (namely Tamamo Cat since she was my starter 4-star). I remember farming the daily quests to get my allies leveled as well. I was also a complete newcomer not knowing certain terms and the like, and now I'm sitting here theorcrafting compositions for servants I don't even have. (I still don't have a Siegfried to synergize with my Georgios.)
-- I did take an extended break around 2019-2020, specifically missing the Menji Restoration event (managed to get Np1 Chacha on the rerun), Semi's valentine event, and the Apoc event for their grails. I managed to get the other missed grails due to re-runs. I came back after watching the Babylonia anime, right around the 2020 Summer event with Jalter.

These days I have Herc Insurance, rely on events (specifically lottos) to keep my materials and QP high, and can typically do 3-turn clears with Arash and two AoE servants.
-- Here's my Support List and Friend Code if anyone is interested.

As for the current event, it'll be my first time doing it since I wasn't active during its initial run. I hear its grind heavy and requires apples to 100%, so this is gonna take a while...
-- At least I can use MLB CEs from the support list to hopefully make the process a little faster.

So I kinda got overrun by some degree of Madness Enhancement and threw the 10 tickets from the download campaign into the story gacha (mostly to see if I could get a Kscope from there) and got this: 

Spoiler

6uhictt.png

So many Lancers... Well, I tried getting Lartoria when I got that NP2 Skadi so this is a welcome surprise. 

Edited by Alexmender

Man, as much as I love my OG Assassin, I can’t describe how crestfallen I was when I found out he got the buff instead of Mata Hari. DW is just so vehemently opposed to throwing her a bone...

My start in FGO was in November 2019 and I completed 500 logins this week.

The funny part is that I only started to play FGO because one friend of mine recommended and I wanted to confirm how bad is the gacha of the game. 

My idea was only to test the gacha and after some rolls drop the game, but fortunately I got my first SSR with one week of the game: King Hassan.  And King Hassan is my favorite servant because his non-moe design/voice, plus the clearly tribute to the Skull Knight from the Berserk manga.

That said, my first rerun was the Santa Altera event aka Xmas in the Underworld. But I need to say that I grinded a lot to complete Solomon in one month to get the free servant and I never used Santa Altera after the event lol. 

The worst part was the old engine with that horrrible "Infinity Loading Works", the loading was soo bad that I slept playing too many times.

I need to say too that I was shocked with the limited banners with only a rerun in FGO and without a pity system looks nearly impossible to get your favorite servant in the start. The grind of saint quartz was soo bad in the start because the need to repeat the same free  quest 3 times and the damn loading.

Now the game is much better, with a good number of free tickets/quartz for new players with the new players login  and the new engine is much faster than before, the diference is really a abyss.

Last but not least,  I only rolled more or less 200 times until the end of 2019 and only got 2 SSR (King Hassan and Abby, my two favorite 5* servants) and after that I saved everything for Skadi. Only rolled 21 times to get Fujino before Skadi  and when Skadi banner came I had 400 rolls in hand. 7 months without roll in the gacha only to get Skadi because I really wanted to use my Atalanta and now I have difficty to save 100 draws for my targets, where is the dedication of steel that I had for Skadi lol ?!

This week I rolled 14 tickets in the Hijikata banner even after I forbid to myself to roll before Reines banner and got only a Siegfried. After the end of summer 2020 I rolled 529 times and got only 3 SSR (Orion dupe, Illya and Kama), the despair is real my friends. 

After Kama banner I  wasted 41 tickets with servants that I dont care and to minimize my loss I farmed a lot for the quartz and the more I farm, more I want to roll, lol. And the more I roll, more I waste and less is the fund for Reines lol. 

Sorry for the wall of text.

Finished the event! This time it felt like a drag compared to the first time with all the 8+ turn clears and beefy mooks. At least I got like 85% of the shop done, just need to farm the bronze currency some more and I'll be done with this.

As for the CQ, the image speaks for itself. 

Spoiler

X2G5BEz.png

Kama gives no shits about 75% Def up or class disadvantage, she charm-locked Nobu for most of the fight and that was it.