Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Finished the event too.

I really hate the fact that some missions are locked, this force the use of a walkthrough.

For the CQ I used a 100% Rng dependent party wirh Skadi - Abigail - Dantes - Mash - First Hassan + a support Ryouma lv 80 10/10/10, in the last round was kill or be killed lol !

Well, now I can stop and only return in 6 days for Reines banner.

I farmed a lot in theĀ last 23 days to get 104 rolls for Reines, if I dont get her my salt level will be infinite after all my hard work (more or less 90 apples).

Spoiler

IMG_20210421_122036.jpg

Edited by supreme123

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeanne's buff is interesting, and so is Helena getting a 50% battery after factoring in her Mana Tuning. I probably won't use Helena much despite the battery since I have Caster Nero, but Jeanne getting NP damage down on all targets should come in handy if the team has other NP damage debuff servants. (Another Jeanne, or, ideally, someone like Melt or Nightingale who has 50% NP down.)

The defense down is great, but not having an NP battery means that she'll still be something like 30% slower than Waver just because you'll need to spend turns making Arts Chains despite the fact that the damage output during NP turns will be similar. 30% slower than Waver is a pretty great place to be, though, considering the fact that the team's basically indestructible with Jeanne in it.

Ah, Waver will beĀ back on Rate up soon. As much as I'd like to get his superb battery powers, I think I'll throw what little I got at Reines instead. I've survived 3+ years with only Friend Wavers and have a couple of months knowing how to make the most outĀ of 30% batteries thanks to Miyu and Reines is a straight upgrade over her, so it's a matter of 50% Crit Up vs 2 hits of Invul and I kinda prefer the Invul. NP doesn't matter, I think Waver's is better with the drain and stun, but every time I tried using a Friend Waver on a CQ he explodes pretty fast so I'd rather bring a Friend Merlin for those.

Edited by Alexmender

Man, this event took forever to complete. While I did enjoy the story, the mechanics (6-7 turn clears instead of 3), did not help matters. I don't even think the KnK event which was similar in structure to be this grindy.

For the CQ I used BB, Waver, Support Merlin, Melt, Mash, and Herc Insurance.
-- I accidently removed the DEF buff early due to my Waver's Command Code, but my strategy remained unchanged.
-- I used BB and Art Chains to spam NPs as long as possible. Nobu started getting in some crits though which started to devastate my team, but I never feared her NP as I had Merlin to invul through it or managed to keep it delayed.
-- In the end Herc Insurance won the day, as usual.

18 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Ā ...

I've survived 3+ years with only Friend Wavers and have a couple of months knowing how to make the most outĀ of 30% batteries thanks to Miyu and Reines is a straight upgrade over her, so it's a matter of 50% Crit Up vs 2 hits of Invul and I kinda prefer the Invul. NP doesn't matter, I think Waver's is better with the drain and stun...

A wise decision because Reines is a limited servant with only a one time rerun banner and Waver is from the normal pool, plus you can use the SSR ticket to get Waver next year if Waver not spook you before.

That said, dont forget that Reines have a exclusive role of Berserk support with her NP class disadvantage nullifier, def buff,Ā  Invunerability against 2 atks and 40% atk buff.

The only problem is the Rider class star absorption, but Xiang Yu will receive a buff of 5000% starĀ  absorption for one turn next year.

Ā 

6 hours ago, supreme123 said:

A wise decision because Reines is a limited servant with only a one time rerun banner and Waver is from the normal pool, plus you can use the SSR ticket to get Waver next year if Waver not spook you before.

That said, dont forget that Reines have a exclusive role of Berserk support with her NP class disadvantage nullifier, def buff,Ā  Invunerability against 2 atks and 40% atk buff.

The only problem is the Rider class star absorption, but Xiang Yu will receive a buff of 5000% starĀ  absorption for one turn next year.

Ā 

If we're speaking of spooks, I seem to only get Mordreds so I don't have any hopes for a Waver spook. The SSR ticket is 100% going to be Tamamo for me, as she'll enable the X/Castoria/Tamamo arts stall team for CQs.Ā 

I'm not too keen on using Berserkers outside of farming because they require too much babysitting (Cu Alter and Herc aside. Maybe Ibaraki and that new arts Zerk with the super high Def up, too), so I probably won't be using that aspect of Reines much, if at all. DPS races and min-turning stuff just isn't my thing.

Sounds like ReinesĀ has nice synergy with Xiang Yu, but I don't have him (nor want to get him, if I'm being honest). I'm not too worried about Reines stealingĀ stars because I'll mostly use herĀ as a Plugsuit support or pair her with a strong star generator like Kama.Ā 

Finally, I literally farmed all my free quests to haveĀ 133 rolls for Reines! Happily, this will give me 180 quartz in next anniversary, but I burned more or less 120 apples andĀ  all my sanity in 27 days of farm lol.

Anyway, time to decide if I want to watch 13 multi or skip 130 singles.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I saved like, almost 500 rolls for Reines.

...I needed 20.

I kept going until I got MLB Whydunit though (Waver Waver Wave--) so in the end I spent ~470 quartz.Ā Ā 

I also got NP3 Astrea, plus a Liz (now NP2), a Helena (now NP5, also my first np5 gacha gold on NA), an Anne and Mary (now NP3), and a Nezha (first copy)Ā 

Well, I'll consider that a win against the gacha.

I also got a second Waver off a ticket a few days ago, so that's neat.

132 summons give me:

- Reines NP2;

- Astrea;

- Fion;

- Suzuka Gozen dupe aka NP2;

- 6 x Waver CE and 1 x Vessel of the Saint.

Ā 

Okay, now Im happy withĀ  Reines NP2, even if the first come with only 111 draws and nearly give me a heart attack.

Ā 

With this, I got 5 SSR (Orion spook, Illya, Kama, Reines NP2) with my last 664 draws. Rngesus need to give me 2 more SSR before 700 draws yet, because my ratio is much lower than 1% but today was a huge win without 5* spook !!!!!!!

Ā 

60 quartz and 6 tickets got me...A 4* CE and three copies of the 3* one. Oh well, it's not like it matters all that much when I got that NP2 Kama a while ago. I'll probably use the tickets we get from the event, but that's it. I need to start saving for a NP2+ Space Ishtar.

about 270 SQ got me
NP2 Reines
NP2 Luvia
Sherezade
d'Eon
Smol Medusa
Kscope
MLB of the Flat and Sven and Gray CEs, only one copy of the Waver CE

Honestly it might be better for me to take a 5* event servant rather than just bringing Bunyan everywhere, but between Waver and Reines she's decently survivable despite being level 60. (If we napkin math a level 90 servant to have 50% more Atk than Bunyan it's not really useful to bring her, since the higher Atk basically cancels out her Berserker type effectiveness.)

Also, it's a very good thing this event drops QP in its nodes, because I'm like 600 million QP in the hole just to level and skill all the new servants I got since the last lottery event. I'm also getting killed by materials, but one problem at a time. I don't have Mona Lisa to boost the 500k drop but even for QP nodes I run the bond CE anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Ā 

My pulls got me everything I cared about (at least 1 5* CE and MLB of the more common ones). Luvia didn't show up, but I don't really care enough to roll just for her, especially considering the 11 roll thing is only a few months away.

Managed to get Luvia with the Monthly tickets but other than that, I gotta save for Godjunaā€™s banner. Gotta say though, this event is very light on the farming side despite being a mission event. A lot of the times when I unlock a mission itā€™s already completed.

The Mecha Eli-chan fight really showed me how bad I am at handling Rulers with Break Bars. I had to do that quest like 5 times and only won by stalling with Jeanne/MerlinĀ imgaine losing with the ultimate stall coreĀ after removing the Pierce Invul with Medea.Ā 

That aside, this event goes really fast. I went from 30 cleared missions to 64 in like 10 minutes. It feels a lot better than the endless grind in GudaGuda 3.

I've went back and rewatched Prisma Illya series, as well as finally getting around to seeing the three Heaven's Feel movies.

Prisma Illya was more for seeing a lighthearted Fate anime while I was sick since the others tend to be more serious. Watching it for the second time made me appreciate Miyu a lot more since I have context of her past due to Season Three and Oath Under Snow. I still loved the adaptation, although I could do without the fanservice scenes. I remember them existing, but I did not remember them being so "detailed" when they do decide to appear. // Also, I didn't remember the "Erica" character at all, and I do not like that character. My dislike of the character brings down the brilliant Season 3 a bit, since Season 3 is when things get serious.
-- I still plan on getting through the original manga at some point as I am interested on what made it through the anime adaptions and the future of Prism Illya. I hear talk the upcoming movie will have an excellent stopping point before the next arc, and I look forward to seeing what happens (although I already heard in passing what occurs).

As for Heaven's Feel, it was interesting seeing another route that is not UBW. I haven't seen Deen's version of Stay Night as I keep hearing conflicting reports, but I may end up watching it someday anyways. // The main thing that stuck out to me is how much I should actually read the original VNs. There's so much stuff to unpack and I know adaptations usually cut stuff for pacing, but I want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes.
-- But man, seeing a different route and perspective really is something else. Seeing certain characters fates be changed depending on the route had a profound impact on me. It mostly makes me want to rewatch UBW again so I can compare and contrast things.
-- As for Sakura herself, I have some more appreciation for her character (as well as her FGO counterparts, OG Sakura did some horror before Summer BB did). However, I think I still prefer Rin and Illya. Rin is always there helping out, and I'm a sucker for Illya's backstory and the ties with Kerry.
-- Overall, while I enjoyed the films, I'm not sure if its my favorite anime adaptation. I feel like I have a stronger connection to UBW and Zero than Heaven's Feel, although that may be because those two were the first ones I've watched. Babylonia was great, although that ties more with FGO instead of the original lore.
-- As an aside, I see why Miyuverse Shirou is often compared to HF's Shirou. I personally like Miyuverse Shirou more, but that may be because I'm a bit more biased towards Miyu and her character when compared to Sakura's.Ā 

As for FGO itself, the event is all right thus far (section 4 or so). Luckily I watched the anime adaptation of the Case Files, so I have some reference on what is all going on.
-- I just hope I have the proper time to dedicate to its story and be able to grind out the event after doing so.

Took a few apples, but mostly done with missions until 5/5. There's still some farming ones I have to do, but I got to the point where the rest of the event will unlock immediately on 5/5.

Ā 

Pity the missions means that I have to farm some nodes I don't really want to farm, but whatever. I'd prefer to just spam the node that drops pages, which also happens to drop all 3 types of currency.

Been making significant progress on the event. Man, going down memory lane is great. Fighting all these previous battles from the various stories and events is amazing, even if some of them are altered.
-- Although watching the Case Files anime really didn't do much as this event mostly seems to focus more on FGO's storyline instead of the collab. The only real tie-ins are the investigation angle and the characters involved, otherwise the story mostly seems to be FGO related.
--Ā Bullying Gawain was also fun. I brought out Euryale for old time's sake and I finished him off by turn 2. Guess they didn't want to put us through Camelot hell again.

As for the raid itself, I'm planning on using Melt, Np2 Saber Alter, Waver, and Support Skadi in an attempt to take down the boss in one turn. I'll have to do some tests to see if I can do a one-turn clear reliably with my team setup, and I don't mind losing out on Mystic Code EXP to do so.
-- A part of me wants to see if I have any Illyas in my Friend's List to see if she can just nuke the boss on her own with minimal support. However, finding an Illya is much harder than a Waver or Skadi, so I doubt I'll be able to do Illya runs reliably.Ā 

I spent the last two days running calcs to find a teamĀ to one shot the raid boss and I finally got a consistent way of doing it: Sanzang/Circe/Friend Merlin/Helena lets me do over 500k dmg even if both Sanzo and Circe do min-roll dmg.Ā 

I'llĀ put Sanzo with Black Grail on the ALL spot of the support list if anyone wants her, but it's likely people will only want Bella Lisa Skadi.Ā 

Looking over a handy Google Doc I found for the Case Files raid, I may be better off using Scathach instead of Melt. Not sure if I'll be able to do the one-turn clear since my Scathach is only NP1 and I don't have a Skadi of my own, but I do have a level 50 MLB Black Grail and a Waver.
-- Alternatively, Summer Jalter may also be good.

Looks like I'll have to run alternative tests once the raid comes up to see what team comp I can use to try and 1-turn the raid. Looks like I'll be using standard BB for debuff clear as I don't have other options.

* * * * * EDIT * * * * *

Looks like I have a reliable one turn setup using my NP1 Scathach, Waver, MLB Black Grail,Ā and the Plugsuit.
--Ā Mata Hari, Waver (Kaleidoscope), Support Skadi, Scathach (MLB Black Grail, Lvl 50), Extra, Extra

1. Since the debuffs only affect the front line, I place Scathach on the backline. This way I don't need to worry about debuff cleansing.
2. I use Mata Hari to debuff the boss with DEF Down skills. (She isn't maxed out, just 7,4 on the respective skills.)
3. I swap Mata Hari and Scathach.
4. Buff Scathach (Scathach Buffs, Waver Buffs, Skadi Buffs, Plugsuit Buff)
5. Use Waver's NP first (With Kaleidoscope, he gets himself to 100%) to further lower the boss's DEF. Follow with Scathach's NP and a third card.
6. Scathach's NP deals over 500k damage, one-shotting the boss.

Mata Hari is there mostly as insurance for the extra debuffs on the boss for a more reliable one-shot since my Scathach is only NP1.

Edited by Sire

If you still need an Illya I happen to have her. She did like 700k when I used Black Grail with Waver & Skadi , so I'm assuming Kaleidoscope Illya should do fine.

Edit: Assuming the card type down debuff is 50% 700k should mean she'll OHKO even with Buster Down, since 700k * (120/170) = 494k, and two random face cards should finish. Illya gets 50% from her skill 1 and 20% from her NP, so a Buster Down debuff doesn't do much unless the number is huge.

Double Edit: Gonna go to bed and hope Barbados is still alive when I wake up. : /

Ā 

My friend code is : 896,232,609, in game name is: DNC. Give me your in game name before you send me an invite, though.

Edited by DehNutCase

10 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

My friend code is : 896,232,609, in game name is: DNC. Give me your in game name before you send me an invite, though.

Sent a request. IGN is Sire.
-- Pretty sure I had you friended before, but that was before I took a year-long hiatus.

As for the raid, I'm debating how many apples I should use. I know its limited and has access to good materials, but I wonder if Lottos have a higher return for AP costs.
-- I guess it just depends on the materials and what all is needed.

I can handle the raid with my Scathach setup, so one-turn battles are good on my end. The question is how much I should invest in it, especially since I haven't cleared the shop yet.

Mind that the raid quest gives more Bond points per AP since it's 30 AP while giving 815 AP (compared to 915 AP for 40 AP which is what usually happens). And not being a lottery event means you can use non-event CEs that boost Bond/QP drops.

Considering it's way faster to farm than a lottery node it's probably significantly better than a lottery event in terms of farming. Lottery events also tend to be backloaded, since early on you have worse nodes + don't have that many CE drops yet, but you get full efficiency here right off the bat.

Ā 

I think I'll make a macro to farm automatically for me. I need a lot of QP right now.

It's a bit sad that Barbatos QP drops are quite RNG dependant. Sometimes I get 2M QP on a kill and others I get 8k, at least it evens out with all the mat drops (I need A LOT of bones).Ā 

So far I've gotten 120 kills, it'd be 200+ but the raid started on exam day so I was quite busy until now. Turns out Sanzang deals a lot more dmg than what the NP dmg calculator said, so I'll try changing the Plugsuit for Anniversary Blonde to make the clears go faster.

EDIT: Doesn't work, Circe's dmg falls off a cliff and Sanzo leaves Barbatos at ~100k HP. Guess I'll stick with the Plugsuit comp, then.

Edited by Alexmender

Pretty much all out of apples now (have like 7 silver and 2 copper left), and I'm not going to eat rainbow apples, so a bit more than 600 runs is all I'm doing. My natural AP regen will go towards Barbados as long as he's still alive, but it won't add much more.

Don't really have anything against eating rainbow apples (I think 30% of my premium currency went towards refilling sanity in Arknights), but my box is established enough that I'm not in a hurry to farm anything in FGO.

Ā 

Despite all this farming, I think I still don't have enough QP to max all my SSRs, not to mention the materials and EXP. One downside of Barbados farming compared to lottery events, it doesn't rain EXP.