Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Been enjoying the event thus far, although some of the territory control nodes took me by surprise with their gimmicks. (Still managed without the "proper guest servant," though.)

I was originally trying to farm Embers and save them for the new FP summons, but some whimsical summoning netted me the the 3-star caster healer (who seems better than Iri), Mori, and 4* Summer Nobu. Almost all my Embers went down the drain, and I think I mainly just have some Saber ones left over. // I still have two Avengers who need to be leveled too...
-- If we do get the 3x chance after burning everything after the 2x event, I'm gonna be a bit miffed. Granted, it's all RNG anyways, but I was expecting there to be some downtime to replenish my stores.

When the Summer Rerun comes around, I'm thinking about trying for NP2 Summer BB because she has great utility and can farm general waves even though she doesn't have advantage.
-- However, at the same time, I really should be saving for Skadi as a Quick Loop team would help me a lot, even though I can still use the classic Arash composition for 3-turn clears.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoo boy, unexpected King Hassan banner out of nowhere has many freaked out as this is his last banner in the forseeable future. Guess this means banners tied to Movie/BD releases don't follow the Clairvoyance EX rules. Then again, NA also has those Thanksgiving banners (that usually are just a reskin of the Kyomaf banners) so...

Luckily that stuff doesn't affect me as I already have Kama to cover all my Assassin needs.

EDIT: Started a JP account for shits and giggles. The start was kinda boring being carried by a Bond 10 Herc, but then I found you can follow 3 people and got someone with a NP5 Arjuna Alter and another person with a NP3 Morgan. Then I used the newbie luck and got a Castoria in 60 SQ and damn...she really is OP. The guy with the AA also had a NP5 Space Ishtar and seeing her refund 60% NP charge with the Castoria at 1/1/1 is nuts. 

EDIT 2: Guess the JP account really wants me to run the full Arts meme comp. This is what I've got so far:

Spoiler

EOFvJwa.png

Edited by Alexmender

Finished the CQ and I really enjoyed it. I used my Arthur for a lot of facecard damage, but right at the end he died and I had to finish Shibata off with Abby. Kinda funny, I was so stressed out during the CQ but after I finished, I realized I had a ton of fun. 

Double Waver + Archer Artoria ended up rolling over the CQ. Defense buffs means Shibata doesn't do any damage with regular hits, the trio of NP gauge draining NPs means that he never gets to NP, and the defense down & Atk Ups from Waver & Artoria meant that Shibata's stacking defense buffs didn't matter.

Basically I lucked into bringing an optimized front-line for the CQ despite going in blind.

Spoiler

bycYfxZ.png

Everyone was alive at the end (although it was close), so obviously the incoming damage wasn't a lot---seeing how the only sustain on the team is Artoria's self-heal.

Finished the CQ, although I just ended up using my Command Spells for a revival instead of dealing with it.
-- Tried a Kagetora setup with Waver and Summer BB to set up crits (a support Skadi was present but was swapped for Summer BB). I didn't end up with the right cards and I didn't feel like resetting constantly, so I just kept fighting normally.
-- Managed to get the boss to the final bar with around 700 HP, as his defense and damage reduction meant Herc Insurance didn't get to do much.
-- In the end, I said screw it and used the Command Spells.

However, I did think about using Emiya Alter as my main DPS since he ignores defense buffs and is supposedly a discount Archer Artoria, but I never tried that composition. // A failed comp I ran was Scathach since she does high damage and has a stun, but the difficulty of recharging her NP quickly ruled out that composition.
----------
The event itself was rather enjoyable, although now I'm on farming duty to try and clear out the shop. At least the summer re-run won't be too grindy for me as I have the CEs from the original run, so hopefully things will proceed smoothly on that front.

As for King Hassan, I would love to have him on my team, but I already has NP3 MHX (mostly a stat stick) and Kama (who I should use more). Then there's also Shiki and Kerry for single-target NPs.
-- I also sorta want to get Avenger Nobu as well, since I rolled some on the banner and got Summer Nobu (and I still have the welfare Archer Nobu). I may just wait though as other characters have higher priority.
-- There's also the question of when the "11-rolls" will be implemented, so I'm trying to hold off on any more rolls until I see confirmation on that.

Then I already talked about wanting Summer BB (although MHXX would be cool too since I don't have a Foreigner servant), but there is still the case for saving for Skadi. I do still need two more Kaleidoscopes though to MLB, so Arash may still be my go to for the foreseeable future.

Kama and double Skadi 3 turned the CQ and took no damage because the boss was perma charmed the whole fight. It required 1 Command Spell because Kama was 4% short of using her NP twice (if only she had a NPAQ chain available on turn 2...) and I wasn't going to reset for perfect card RNG. 

I'd like to use Kagetora, but I don't have any arts supports to let her spam her NP. If only that JP Tamamo was on my NA account

Oh man, it's a good thing I used 20 AP right before the FGO server went down (or something) when login time rolled around. Otherwise the fact that I was max AP would've bothered me.

Wish I paid more attention to when GudaGuda was ending, though. Wanted to spend my AP farming the mixed node---needed reactor cores for Demon Nobu.

One downside about the anniversary is that, since the dailies are half AP, I can't really justify going back to farming for the materials I need for Arjuna Alter. (I try to have all my 5*s 9/9/9 at least, so right now my box is actually bothering me by quite a lot.)

On a different note, wallet-kun is probably going to get murdered since a bunch of servants I want are going to be showing up soon.

Anniversary stuff went better than expected, save for the current "Server is too busy, please try again" prompt I'm getting. (Reddit confirms the issue, so I'll write this post instead.)
-- Luckily I ran some dailies and drained my AP before it happened. I was just in the middle of depleting my Friend Points when the servers decided to do their thing.

Random Reports:
-- Spent 5 Tickets and did a 10-roll on the King Hassan banner, even though it doesn't have the bonus. I was rewarded with a spare Gorgon and King Hassan himself! // I'll probably just keep him at NP1 and have him out of favoritism instead of trying to build him for the support lineup.
-- Also spent two 10-rolls on the Story Summon, as I like to collect Story Servants and plan on maxing out a certain Story CE. I got another copy of Salter, a Kaleidoscope, as well as two new 4-star Servants (Yagyū MunenoriMochizuki Chiyome).//  I also got excess Black Grail and Before Awakening, since I already have those two CEs MLB'd. All I need is one more Kaleidoscope copy to MLB it, and I'm tempted to keep rolling instead of saving for NP2 Summer BB and potentially MHXX. Out of the current lineup, the LB2 rate-up with Shimousa looks nice as I can potentially get NP2 Valkyries.

Anyways, once the servers get back online, I'm likely to continue the Friend Point summons and consider rolling on a later Anniversary banner (or to save for other stuff).
-- Not sure if I'm gonna try the GSSR, although a shot for an early Skadi is pretty tempting...

The servers exploded when I was about to start the LB2 CQ...Well, at least I managed to dumpster on Ivan. 

As my in-game message says, I ended up wasting 180 quartz on the Da Vinci Rider banner. I wasn't going to roll for her at all, but after trying her in JP I ended up wanting her for the fun shenanigans she enables. I got her on the first multi after using 5 tickets, but I got greedy trying to get her to NP2 and managed to stop myself a little too late. She hits like a wet noodle, but her NP spam is pretty fun if a little hard to time with Tamamo/BB. After so many years my support list is now full of SSRs, I was worried I'd never fill the Rider slot. 

I was weak and spent a bunch for Da Vinci Rider.  I got her, so that'll be fun when we get Castoria I guess.

Anyway, yearly reminder to PUT YOUR PORTRAIT CES ON SUPPORT FOR THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO.  It makes CE hunters very happy.

I got a double SSR on the GSSR this weekend, Ivan the Terrible and Okita Alter. Okita is NP2 for me, which will help a lot with mixed node farming and Ivan is new, but kinda redundant since I have Drake, Achilles, and Iskandar already.

I used my tickets and a 10 pull trying to get another Hassan or Caster Gil, but got nada, and am going to quit while I'm ahead and wait for the summer banners, especially Merlin. 

Who do you guys think I should ascend? Siegfried, Suzuka or Medb saber? All would be final. And I guess since others have said it, I pulled Gilgamesh and Cumhail while getting Np2 Demon King.

42 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Who do you guys think I should ascend? Siegfried, Suzuka or Medb saber? All would be final. And I guess since others have said it, I pulled Gilgamesh and Cumhail while getting Np2 Demon King.

Suzuka will receive a very strong buff next year.

Skill1Buster 40% buff will become for 3 atks (not turns),  crit star will become 3 turns and gain 3 turns of 50% crit. dmg too. Really powerfull in the paper.

2 minutes ago, supreme123 said:

Suzuka will receive a very strong buff next year.

Skill1Buster 40% buff will become for 3 atks (not turns),  crit star will become 3 turns and gain 3 turns of 50% crit. dmg too. Really powerfull in the paper.

The trade off is that Medb is Np 5 but... her damage is still garbage.

16 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

The trade off is that Medb is Np 5 but... her damage is still garbage.

Suzuka is AOE buster, much better for farm than Medb art np because Medb atk is one of the lowest.

Suzuka is your only option tbh, Medb and Sieg are more for meme or niche teams.

1 minute ago, supreme123 said:

Suzuka is AOE buster, much better for farm than Medb art np because Medb atk is one of the lowest.

Suzuka is your only option tbh, Medb and Sieg are more for meme or niche teams.

I appreciate your input, but it's not about a main party member. Alter saber has all my farming needs. Just more or less I have the resources for one but none are anything I need. 

Da Vinci is a god sent for farming doors. Now I can run those meme CEs that give 2020 and 2021 extra QP alongside Mona/Bella Lisa rather than wasting slots on Kscopes. It also helps that her farming has less button presses to make things faster despite her long-ish NP animation. 

I've also been trying to use Chen Gong because everyone hails him as a god tier servant. Not impressed so far. He's as good as your support line up, aka you need 4 top tier support Casters to enable his ridiculous damage (3 of your own and a friend's). I only have Skadi so you can imagine how much mileage I can get out of him right now. At least the free Waver SSR ticket will make it easier to let Gong do his shenanigans.

At least the level 1 Gong strategy to enable solos is extremely solid, although I'm not one for doing those types of runs in this game.

I know, especially since I don't get services at work anymore so I can't even play the event. Last year I tried really hard for Summer BB, but I didn't get her. I'm just not gonna try summoning on this event and save for Las Vegas instead.

I don't keep up with the "meta", but did Merlin fall out of favor recently? Over half my friend list was Merlin and now I don't see a single one.

3 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I don't keep up with the "meta", but did Merlin fall out of favor recently? Over half my friend list was Merlin and now I don't see a single one.

With the advent of Skadi and "Quick Looping" (using the same servant's NP 3 times to 3-turn farming nodes, mainly using a Quick NP Servant and Double Skadi), many players have opted to place Skadi as their support caster.
-- Merlin is still great, especially for challenge quests and boss encounters, but when farming nodes takes up the majority of the game it's easy to see why people place Skadi instead of Merlin as their support. Also, Break Bars lessens Merlin's one-shot potential due to Buster Crits, but he's still amazing due to his sustain potential.

When Caster Artoria comes around, "Arts Looping" will become a thing (same as Quick, but using Arts servants and double Castoria). So, expect there to be more variety in the Caster slot as it competes for Waver, Merlin, Skadi, and Castoria. Tamamo supports are a rare sight as she has no NP Charge on her skills and is better suited for more challenging content using Art Teams instead of farming.

1 minute ago, Sire said:

With the advent of Skadi and "Quick Looping" (using the same servant's NP 3 times to 3-turn farming nodes, mainly using a Quick NP Servant and Double Skadi), many players have opted to place Skadi as their support caster.

I get that... but it might just be me, I don't get the fun of relying on a single damage. However I just use my only Skadi and never take anyone else's. The only friend caster I use anymore is the one with Nero(caster).

The issue with Merlin is that he isn't really a farming Servant except in events with +mob% CEs that increase the amount of mobs you have to kill. (In those events face card damage and sustain become relevant.) For the typical 3 waves of mooks you're better off with someone with a 50% battery like Waver or Skadi so that you can just spam NPs to kill the whole wave. (Which also makes it so that you can make simple macros to farm if you want to, since only skills & NP cards matters.)

He's good for CQs, but unless it's Nero-fest or the like events don't really have a lot of CQs, meaning you don't really have much of a reason to use him as a support or put him on the support list. I imagine part of the reason he was on support lists is simply because people might not have gotten Waver/Skadi yet, so people figure they might as well put him on the list. And then once they get a better farming support they replace him.

Normally I don’t care about Summer Servants, but since Summer Jalter’s bio refered to Jeanne Archer as the Water to Summer Jalter’s Fire, I feel obligated to roll for her since I love water themed characters. I managed to get her and Summer Ibaraki in only 45 SQ!

On 7/12/2021 at 10:41 AM, Sire said:

-- Merlin is still great, especially for challenge quests and boss encounters, but when farming nodes takes up the majority of the game it's easy to see why people place Skadi instead of Merlin as their support. Also, Break Bars lessens Merlin's one-shot potential due to Buster Crits, but he's still amazing due to his sustain potential.

When Caster Artoria comes around, "Arts Looping" will become a thing (same as Quick, but using Arts servants and double Castoria). So, expect there to be more variety in the Caster slot as it competes for Waver, Merlin, Skadi, and Castoria. Tamamo supports are a rare sight as she has no NP Charge on her skills and is better suited for more challenging content using Art Teams instead of farming.

To be fair, Arts looping is already a thing with generally the same sorts of heavy requirements to work as Quick loops (MLB Kscopes, etc).  Castoria just made it way more accessible for people who don't have her (as even one Castoria already lowers the bar for loops significantly, a Sieg with 50% charge CE/Paracelsus/Castoria team is able to 3 turn Assassin nodes as the most glaring example because that is a totally ftp comp), and ridiculously op for those that do have her (via black grail looping/looping off 0% charge event damage CE).  

Edited by Magical Glace