Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Done with the event (kinda rushed it during the weekend because it was my only free time and the story was good enough to binge it). 

Space Ishtar being such a cool character makes not getting her hurt, but it is what it is. It's very interesting that for what's supposed to be a joke event the lore was really deep (although of course it had it's fair share of SW memes and some others). Space Tokiomi was a nice surprise, considering I find his Fate/Zero incarnation to be the epitome of dullness.

As for difficulty. The Liz Rodeo was rough because they were so bulky that I had no way of breaking their bar in one NP (I'm sooo gonna crush them on the rerun with Double Castoria). 

The second one that gave me trouble was the infamous Dark Round. Turns out it's an RNG fiesta, and it can clown on you if the mechanics say something like "Crit the guy with the Taunt" on Turn 1. I had to retry that thing like 15 times, and also used one CS to NP immediatly to meet one condition during the fight. I used my recently grailed Summer Musashi/Skadi/Friend Waver/Mash/Helena/Ishtar. Musashi lived a lot longer than I initially anticipated, but that was the key to let Ishtar clean up the last 2 knights easily. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That feeling when you find out you need to farm another 1k artorium just to do the CQ.

(Gonna be a few days until I do the Dark Rounds, haha.)

Edit: Finished the dark rounds. Most of my requests had been card type, and that's pretty easy considering I ran Space Ishtar. Messed up my first attempt though because I didn't know how the formation worked---and even my 2nd wasn't good because I buffed too early. I should break formation before starting my buffs other than NP Gauge. Helped that my other DPS was Ruler Artoria, who both resists everything and shuffles if needed.

Never got the Crit Requirement, which was nice, since that's ass. (I did get a NP requirement on my first run, when I had Mash/Merlin/Skadi out...)

Edited by DehNutCase

Finally finished the main story of Saber Wars II.
-- Overall, I loved it. While the Seraph event still remains supreme, Saber Wars II is definitely up there in the top events for me regarding story and lore. Gameplay was relatively standard, although I am relieved that the missions are fairly easy to go through.

I just finished the Liz Bounty Quest, and it was somewhat of a pain as I didn't 3-turn it as expected. I ended up using a Command Seal to get off an extra NP from Space Ishtar, and popped in Herc in the back without his CE for discount insurance. In the end, Mash finished the fight by bashing Hero Liz twice with Brave chains.

I have yet to do the Dark Rounds or the Galaxy Guardian CQ. I'm hoping I'll have somewhat of an easier time doing so, although MHXX being a Foreigner means that Herc Insurance will likely be worthless.
-- EDIT: Galaxy Guardian complete. It went much more smoother than I thought. // I decided to use Melt as my DPS, buffed her up, and then sent her to the backline. I slowly chipped away at MHXX's health in the first phase, and Melt easily cleaned up second phase. I guess I was nervous that Melt would not do enough damage and the fact I was stalling the first bar, but it turned out I had nothing to fear. // Now to just get the mats to try out Dark Rounds...
-- Edit 2: Dark Rounds complete. It is definitely an RNG CQ. First attempt was completely shut down by RNG due to the formation requirements, and the second attempt required lots of resets to prevent my DPS (Space Ishtar) from dying. In the end I had to use my three backup command seals to finish off Gawain as I am not thrilled at the prospect of trying to do the CQ normally and hoping for good RNG. // Now all that is left for me is to clean out the shop...

Edited by Sire

Welp, spent all my Quartz for Space Ishtar, and any savings I had went on sudden rolls for MHXA so she could be reunited with MHX. I guess the ability to manifest snacks and nap was stronger than the power of friendship since MHXA decided to not appear for 2-seperate 10 rolls. Perhaps she may answer the call another day, for today it is a sleep day.

Now I'm just tossing whatever scraps I have towards Skadi in the hopes that I get one. While I could function without Skadi, being able to Quick Loop and generate Crit Stars for Super Quick Crits is rather useful.
-- That said, I am starting to see nodes that do not work well with looping setups (currently doing LB4 Free Quests for quartz and completion), so I think my boy Arash may have to continue his stellar work for a while longer.

Looking into 2022, Artoria Caster in August is the most major thing for me, followed by potentially trying to NP2 Kama in July. There's of course other servants and impulse rolls, but considering I have NP2 Ishtarin available having more options to loop with Caster Artoria wouldn't hurt.

Farming quest overlapping with 2x exp is pretty amazing. But... I don't think there's really anything I need to farm?

: /

Edit: There's a guy in my friend's list farming for 2k bones. He has 1.8k already. ⊙︿⊙

Edited by DehNutCase

Skadi obtained! Now my Valkyries and Atalante will be able to function well with looping... as soon as I get all the mats needed to get Skadi up to 10/10/10. I'm gonna need a lot of Void Dust...

In the meantime, I managed to get NP2 Circe, Np2 Fran, and a Yan Qing. At the moment I'm out of EXP, but the Christmas Lotto should solve that issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Got Artemis in 4 multis...

Orion himself took 1k quartz.

Edit: Story fights felt a lot easier than previous lost belts. Ended up using a command seal revive on the final fight, but that was with a total jank comp where I had 2 people in the back purely for bond + went in blind. (Cursed Arm and Miyu.)

Edited by DehNutCase

• 2 weeks later...

Started Atlantis like 2 days ago because I was extremely busy with finals stuff. Kinda regret a little doing it before Olympus released because turns out Losbelt 5.1 ends on a pretty big cliffhanger (not to mention the whole deal of the story was reaching Olympus). I'm gonna give this one a re-read before LB 5.2 releases because it really feels those two should be played back to back. 

Fights weren't very hard. I used CS to NP spam the final boss into submission. Funnily enough most fights ended up with Eresh soloing the last bar of whatever boss I was facing, which is a plus for me. 

I decided to roll for Orion after finishing the story because, while I don't need him gameplay-wise, he's such a cool character and I'd surely regret it if I didn't try to get him. He appeared on the first multi alongside a 2030. Bad news is that I'm almost out of Hero's Proofs and I can't max his skills, so I'm likely going to be stuck grinding them in Okeanos while there's no events going on. 

Was in the middle of Atlantis when the Christmas event hit, so I guess I'll be shifting over to the event.

As for Atlantis, I'm probably about halfway through with it. It has been enjoyable thus far and I've been enjoying the cast of characters. Difficulty does seem easy despite some of the gimmicks involved (although I hear the next part spikes hard in terms of difficulty), so maybe taken as a whole it makes sense for storytelling purposes.
-- One of the things that I find myself needing to do more and more is treating the Avatar as the writer's version of Ritsuka Fujimaru instead of the version I have in mind. This is mainly because some of the choices and dialogue options do not resonate with my version of Gudao (a veteran who saved Humanity during the first arc, and went on more adventures in 1.5). The second arc highlights Gudao's vulnerabilities, which is fine, but it goes about it in a manner that seems to disregard his previous experiences.

As for the Christmas event, it seems like the usual event stuff with the usual enjoyable storyline. While my Skadi isn't fully maxed out yet, I do look forward on seeing if I can do a triple Quick NP loop. If not, I always have options to use Arash and then just do a Double NP run instead.

You know I haven't really paid attention to it before, but Saber Astolfo's 3rd skill has a buster star gather... and only 1 Buster card in his deck.
:psyduck:

The lotto event is great though, since the lottery CE has starting gauge. Will make farming a lot easier.

Edited by DehNutCase

The event's CQ was really easy. Valks/Double Skadi/Hans/Mash/Eresh got it 1st try. It took 9 turns, so like an average non-looping run on a node. 

I was kinda worried about the lotto node because my zerkerlot is NP1 and he'd end up missing the kill on the demon. Luckily Summer Musashi can loop this easily with a support Tamamo, Paracelsus and Asclepius. The only annoying part is trying to get Tamamo in a sea of Skadi/Waver, but that's to be expected when she's very niche and the other 2 are staples for many farming comps.

CQ took two attempts, the first attempt got owned by the evade buff. And it seems like there's permanent unremovable buffs if you leave people alive too long? I saw a 5 turn NP gauge up on my 1st attempt but didn't see it attempt two, possibly because Nightingale died early attempt 2.
The mechanics feel like you're maybe supposed to do multiple attempts to figure them out, but just killing everyone ASAP seems to circumvent them, so *shrug*.

On 12/20/2021 at 10:05 AM, DehNutCase said:

CQ took two attempts, the first attempt got owned by the evade buff. And it seems like there's permanent unremovable buffs if you leave people alive too long? I saw a 5 turn NP gauge up on my 1st attempt but didn't see it attempt two, possibly because Nightingale died early attempt 2.
The mechanics feel like you're maybe supposed to do multiple attempts to figure them out, but just killing everyone ASAP seems to circumvent them, so *shrug*.

The unremovable buffs are cast by the kids if you kill Nightingale before them.  Bunyan casts the NP per turn, Medusa casts a Def Up, and Chacha casts a Crit up.  You didn't see the NP per turn on the second attempt because you killed Bunyan before Nightingale.

• 2 weeks later...

So FGO finally got a real pity rate, huh? 900 SQ for 1 SSR copy is kinda steep but at least it's 100x better than the USO thing.

The New Years servant is...eh. I don't know about what happens in the story at all, but I'm not a fan of getting the same character twice for both anniversary and New Years. Guess 2024 will begin with me saving quartz, lol.

I've been taking it easy on FGO. I should get back to Atlantis at some point, but FFXIV's free trial has me hooked. I already beaten AAR and am currently working on leveling a Dragoon and a Warrior so I can do sidequests while my Paladin continues the main quest without being too overleveled.

Back to FGO stuff...
-- Christmas CQ was handled by my Valkyries, who cared not for Evade as their NP has Sure Hit. A Double Skadi setup with the Miyu CE worked wonders.
-- As for boxes, I got 76. I mostly wanted the mats as I already have all of my Servants leveled, although the mana prisms gained from selling the EXP were welcomed.
-- As for the news on the JP front, the new servant is an interesting pick. I'm not sure if I'll roll for it as I think that year is already loaded, and I need to focus on other Servants.

• 2 weeks later...

1st Monkey CQ: I also don't recall what I did here the first time around, but this time I had Space Ishtar clean up the monkeys while Herc Insurance and Kuro finished off the boss.
2nd Foreigner CQ: Double Skadi + Melt annihilated the boss in 3 turns.

As the event was a re-run, I mainly skipped over the story and went straight to the grind, I guess the re-run made things easier, especially with having the MLB CEs. Just need to clean up the shop and I'll be done with it.

In other news, I finally got a Siegfried of my own, so I can finally pair him up with my Georgios for some dragon-slaying action. Not sure when I'll actually give that a whirl though, just like how I have a King Hassan who wants to try some solos with the poison stacking command codes.

For the Beni CQ I used Ishtar to beat the Monkeys and then Super Orion to beat Beni. Those 500k+ crits are really nice to see. 

Foreigner CQ: Double Skadi+Kama (with some extra buffs from Wu Zetian) ended it in 3 turns. The boss was Charm locked the entire time so it was a breeze. 

My roster is a lot more developed than last years, so I think I won't have too much issues with the Amazoness event as long as I don't slack off. 

I kind of feel like maybe I wasn't supposed to blitz through 50 deliveries in 2 days. One of the benefits of a big roster, I guess, although I don't get to focus my bond gains.

Edit: There's a guy on my friend's list with the MLB CE though, meaning they finished 100.

Double Edit: The grail comes out of an amazones box, that's amazing. Haha.

Edited by DehNutCase

Getting 100 floors in 2 days isn't all that hard, although the Super Orion fight caught me off guard and he nuked the friend Scathach I tried to use. 

Yesterday I only did the CQ, which ended up needing CS revive because it seems you're pretty screwed if you don't kill both bosses at the same time. Kagetora is pretty good here because said bosses love to buff their Atk and Buster and she removes those buffs with her NP. 

At first I was just fielding 3 Servants expecting to speed-run through the thing, but as I got the Event Bond CEs I've been slowing down my pace so I can farm Bond Points.
-- I think I'll manage 10-20 floors a day, and if things start to get down to the wire I'll look at rushing through the event. I've just been focused on other things instead.

Finished the event completely now, I believe. Did 200 floors, all the raids, and the CQ. Edit: I fielded full teams every level, so it was very tiring to switch to a new team every floor.

For the CQ Super Orion and Kama (Kama last, Orion in front) ended up doing pretty well, thanks to the fact that I spammed taunts and both of them have guts. I went in expecting a single target CQ so didn't run Hokusai. I was even using the event CE on Orion and Merlin.

Edited by DehNutCase

150 floors so far. I end up wasting too many servants trying to 3 man the raids, but I think I'll use a full team from here on out. It's not like it'll cost me that much when I kinda refuse to use SSRs for normal floors due to the hoarder mentality of "What if I end up needing them for later?". I think I'll be done with the event in 2 or 3 days at most.

On another note I finally watched the Solomon movie. I liked it despite it feeling slightly rushed in some scenes and them not using some music from the game RIP Last Grand Order. It wasn't anywhere near as epic as it was during the game, not that I expected it to be when I read that most servants didn't even get a line while the game has almost everyone saying a line or two at the very least. But that's to be expected because it's not feasible to call so many VAs just to say a line or two and there's also the time constraints to consider.