Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

32 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

You're really underestimating that 1% SSR rate on the gacha. I've been playing this game for like 4 years now and I needed the ticket to get Tamamo (and still don't have Waver). And it's not like I didn't get those 2 by a lack of trying, they just never showed up whenever I rolled on their rate up banners. I'm sure those that are extremely happy about the SSR ticket are in a similar spot, they tried time and time again to get whatever permanent SSR they wanted but luck wasn't on their side. 

Some get what they want in the first try, out of the list I was missing 5 of them, and I have been playing as long as you. I don't spend a ton either, I know a lot of people are happy with this but I find nothing more wasteful then using a GSSR ticket for a dupe.

This list really seems tailor made for those without Waiver or Tamamo, if you have them it's just not that interesting of a choice.

Edited by ciphertul

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, how do the "Mega-Rerun Events" work? For example, I remember there was an event that ran multiple "Halloween Events" all at once or in a short period.
-- Is it just story based, or is there also an Event Shop to clear out?

The main reason I ask is that I tend to scrap the Event CEs that I don't use after the first re-run, as I could use the CE EXP for the ones I do regularly use. I'm wondering if I should try saving the Event CEs instead (although I doubt I'll end up doing that).
In other news, I ended up getting NP2 Waver as my 5-Star choice for that +10% DEF Down on his NP. Looking back at the x2 EXP for the 5-Star Servant (and the recent buff to Altera), a part of me may have gotten her instead, but NP2 Waver may serve me well in CQs or looking good in the support lists.

Man, we are about to leave the drought and enter the leech tempest. Why did they have to have so many good banners right in a row?

Next is Board game, which I do want Kijyo but I don’t really care for Voyager. Then we get the summer rerun which thankfully I got everything I needed from it last year, Se.Ra.Ph after that which every fiber of my bones wants that Np 2 Protea. However my head tells me I need Castoria who is gonna milk me dry. Summer Kiara is right after her and I can only hope the Lewd Nun is feeling sweet this year. Then it’s what Gudaguda? I can safely skipped Himiko as I don’t have the heavyweights of Buster nor do I have Merlin. Then Van Gogh in scramble who I’m on the fence about, and every last SQ I have is going to Ibuki. Damn I don’t have enough SQ for this

Mostly finished with the re-run. While I probably should clear out the shop, I think I'll be fine without full clearing it.

As for me, I finally got a MLB Kaleidoscope and the MLB Sweet Crystal (spent spare Rare Prisms for this). I don't remember if I was active during the Sweet Crystal Valentine Event run or not, but if I was, I likely got rid of the CE without realizing how useful it can actually be.
-- MLB Kaleidoscope is great. I can save time by not using Arash's NP Charge, try the full NP Loop setups (Single Servant, 3 NPs), or just use other Servants to fire their NPs.

On 4/21/2022 at 3:04 PM, Sire said:

Out of curiosity, how do the "Mega-Rerun Events" work? For example, I remember there was an event that ran multiple "Halloween Events" all at once or in a short period.
-- Is it just story based, or is there also an Event Shop to clear out?

The Halloween trilogy you're referring to as a "mega-rerun" was story based only.  There was no shop, though the summoning campaign with it did have the old CEs.  It was more like how events added to Main Interlude work.  So you should be safe to eat CEs after the rerun.

Though they can still decide to do something different.  Nero-fest (and similar lottery events) were only run once, which meant you didn't need to keep CEs, until just before the sixth anniversary, when they suddenly decided to effectively rerun the second Nero-fest.

Man, I wish this event was better.

I love the board game theme and the dice-rolling gimmick is fun (who knows if it will stay that way), but the story is lackluster.
-- The small mini-events from the board spaces don't have any real impact. // I don't mind them being short, but I wished they had better writing/jokes.
-- The main story (especially the one I'm currently on, Werewolves at the Haunted House) is frustrating. This may be because I play some tabletop games myself, but seeing how Guda reacts to some things takes me out of the experience. Also, the pacing of the dialogue is not good. I don't need to see 5 screens of each individual person going "!!!" or "Wha?!" Just do it all at once if there is nothing significant there.

Hopefully it improves, but right now (especially since this is supposedly a Collab event), I'm not too impressed.

The only way to describe the event's story is "mid". It's not something terrible like the 1st Summer event, or something as empty as the Moon Goddess event but it leaves a lot to be desired. At least Erice's character was compelling enough by the end of the story that I ended up caring about her. Voyager and Koyo were there, I guess. 

I don't mind the board gimmick all that much, although I fell on the "Go to 11" trap like 3 times. It's a bit annoying that Dice drops are RNG, but that's about the worst part I can think of. 

The 1st 90+ node is pretty easy to farm, although I've heard that the one during the Summer event rerun is awful and not worth doing more than once. 

I still have to farm and do the Monopoly thing a bit more before unlocking the CQ, so that's probably a couple of days away. 

12 hours ago, Alexmender said:

It's a bit annoying that Dice drops are RNG, but that's about the worst part I can think of.

You can buy dice in the shop.  It's technically "wasted" event currency if you do, but it makes clearing the board a lot easier.

Finished the story for the event.

Overall, still not impressed. Erice had some cute moments, I see why Voyager is seen as a good boy, and Kiyo is a dinosaur, but overall I wasn't feeling it.
-- The best parts of the event were the alternative artworks for Marie and Mozart (at least, this is the first time I remember seeing those arts), as well as that "Orbat Duel" section (won three in a row, but I did use Command Seals to fire off an NP early.)
-- The Monopoly board game gimmick is all right, I guess. It was interesting at first, but delving deeper into it for completion purposes seems like a chore. RNG Dice drops as well as the RNG of the Dice itself can make it difficult to 100%. // I guess one could spent currency at the shop to mitigate some of this, but eh...

I haven't done the CQ yet, so we'll see how that goes.

There's also some news from the JP side of things, such as a 4-star Ticket for Servants an a CE. Things seem to be interesting over there.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

-- The best parts of the event were the alternative artworks for Marie and Mozart (at least, this is the first time I remember seeing those arts)

They aren't really new, just character art taken from previous anniversary CEs with expressions added.  Mozart's is his formal dress CE from the second anniversary, while Marie's is her festive dress from the fourth anniversary.

Edit:  I do agree that the story was nothing special though.  The start was a bit of a drag, though it did get better by the end, it was never particularly great.  The event mechanics are OKish.  The board game is a worse replacement for a point ladder overall, but the extra skits were kind of fun.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

On 5/11/2022 at 1:44 PM, YotsuMaboroshi said:

You can buy dice in the shop.  It's technically "wasted" event currency if you do, but it makes clearing the board a lot easier.

It's a bit annoying that the dices are so expensive (especially the ones with only 1 number), but that's the price for clearing the board. 

I'm done with it, so that's a relief. The CQ needed a revive because I couldn't get a CE drop to MLB it. It also took 70 turns because I played it slow with BB/Tamamo/Friend Merlin. 

Erice's first NP during the CQ insta-killed both of my wavers .

Also, bringing ST sabers into the fight was hell, but fortunately after the first NP she didn't proc any more instant kills, so I slowly whittled her down. (It helped that turn 15 or smth was her first NP, since double waver just kept gauge downing her.) If I was going to do the CQ again I'd run an AoE Saber instead, or maybe summer musashi. Also wish I had a MLB CE.

Also, by revive do you mean the 3 command seal revive? That's allowed?

10 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Also, by revive do you mean the 3 command seal revive? That's allowed?

Event challenge quests usually allow CS revives or SQ revives.  It's only exhibition matches for stuff like Nerofest/Gilfest that specifically disallow revive spam.

Finished the CQ, finally. Clearing out the board took a lot more effort than I thought. While the gimmick was initially enjoyable, completing it was not.

As for the CQ, I ran NP3 Artoria, Waver, Support Merlin, Saber Alter, Mash, and Herc Insurance. I was lucky to get a MLB CE as well.
-- I managed to clear at Turn 9, only losing Merlin to Erice's NP due to Instant Death. My Waver had MLB 2020 Fragments for crit stars.
-- Artoria spammed her NP to clear the board and I slowly whittled down Erice's health, finishing her off with twin Excaliburs to the face.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last year the Protea fight took me like 100+ turns (I think it was somewhere around the 150s). It was fun because I liked it when the numbers got so ridiculous that everyone got full OC just by doing an arts chain. 

This time I 2 turned her with Kama. And some people say it's bad to bring her against Alter Egos because her class advantage only lasts 3 turns, lol. Unless they have 4+ bars she can easily nuke them before the buff is over, and even without the buff she can hold her own with her NPs charm. 

I also threw 30sq at the Protea banner and got her alongside NP2 Passionlip. I find stalling fun when I have the time to do it, and Protea seems to fit that playstyle pretty well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to pull on the July 2018 - June 2019 banner for the small chance at NP6 SS Artoria...

The things the new append skills make me want to do.

Anni synching up with Fourth of July is pretty neat, though, since google play is doing a x4 point thing for it, which is basically 4% off.

Aaaand, I whiffed Castoria. Guess that Kingprotea I got in 30sq really ate all my luck. So now it's going to be either fish for Skadis or get used to the idea I'll be stuck with Plugsuit Tamamo and Paracelsus with Kscope for farming. 

Got my Castoria, although now I have no reserve Quatz whatsoever. (Went through like 230 Quartz and 9 Tickets.) // I then realized I had lots of Fragments which gave me 149 more, so I kept rolling. No NP2, but I had a blast.
-- Also got some extra 4-Stars, such as Penth (new), Chiron (new), Tomoe (NP2), Kerry (NP4), Saber!Lancelot (NP4), Lobo (NP2) // Kaleidoscope
== Probably not going to list my Castoria though until we get the expanded support slots. My Waver, Skadi, and Tamamo are properly raised and have Command Codes, so I'll need to figure out what to place on Castoria. Also, everyone else will probably be placing up their own Castorias instead.

Now to attempt and save for Fae Lancelot after using up all Quartz, Fragments and all.

As for the Anniversary stuff, I'm glad we get the CE and EXP bonuses. I can finally start clearing up my inventory/archives and use up these Valentine and CE EXP CEs!
-- I did miss the special Seraph interlude as I was focused on Three Hopes, but I think it becomes free for everyone in the future without the need to spend Rare Prisms, so I'll just wait for that so I can appreciate the story properly (for the third time).

EDIT: I thought my Second Archive stash of 600 Embers on top of whatever I had in my inventory would be enough, especially with the x5 Super/Great Success Rate. I was wrong. At least I managed to get all my new Servants to max ascension, with some being maxed out. I'll have to finish leveling the rest later.
-- Also, the amount of EXP from 100 to 102 is ridiculous. I decided to try and raise my Herc for fun, but after seeing like a full amount of 5-star EXP cards doing nothing, it was decided to level up the others instead.
// I think I will focus on getting a lineup of 100 for my support list as originally planned (sans Support Casters who stay at 92, and Georgios who will likely remain at 90), instead of trying to focus on a single servant.
===== EDIT 2: And for the first time in a long time, I'm actually out of Skill Gems (specifically Gold Caster). I'm also out of QP. Guess it's time to get back to the Dailies and try out the Extreme modes instead of farming mats.
===== EDIT 3: Played around a bit more and found myself with 30 extra Quartz and 10 Tickets. I now have a NP2 Castoria and Jack. I have been blessed this day.
-- Now to stop rolling on the banner and actually get to saving...
-- Extreme QP is pretty nice. I think it gives like 4 mil instead of 1 mil, although I am running some of the QP CEs. I did have to update my setup slightly as the last turn is a single boss instead of an enemy wave, but otherwise it's another easy farm.
--- I wonder about the day my Arash reaches Bond 15. I may end up retiring him and learn how to use Chen Gong, or just use Servants with NP Charge with the correct CEs to 3-turn nodes. Alternatively, I actually try to do the 3-NP Loop setups, as I tended to just stick with an Arash + 2-NP Loop setup.

Edited by Sire
It is a good, wonderful day today.

Erase the whiff from 4 days ago, I got Castoria after gathering 1 multi from Rank ups and Interlude SQ. I might try for the NP2 with the 10 tickets we'll get in a few days, mostly because I tried to beat Beast III at full power and failed pathetically. Not that I expect NP2 Castoria will make me fare much better when the main issue is a lack of damage. 

Hearing the Salem Battle Theme again is great, but it seems the usual video on Youtube is gone for whatever reason. While there are others, it's just not the same...

I haven't gotten far into the event as I'm still juggling FGO and Three Hopes, but am enjoying what I've seen thus far. Using Space Ishtar and Double Castoria (even though mine is stuck at 9/9/9), is pretty great.

• 2 weeks later...