Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to get Jalter in a few rolls. I got Hokusai in less than 100 SQ as well...I’m scared I’m using up all my luck for this year.

That aside, Extra Classes seems to be the way to go this event. Even with all the mixed class nodes, this event feel so much easier than Christmas 3. Am I just imagining it?

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Managed to get Jalter in a few rolls. I got Hokusai in less than 100 SQ as well...I’m scared I’m using up all my luck for this year.

That aside, Extra Classes seems to be the way to go this event. Even with all the mixed class nodes, this event feel so much easier than Christmas 3. Am I just imagining it?

Chr 3 is BY FAR the hardest lotto in the game's history. Everything else is lol compared to it and basically nothing will ever even come close really so no, its not just you

To give an idea Chr3 was so dumb that when it was coming to NA people actually thought theyre going to use the rerun version. The rerun not only adds bonus damage it also make all the bosses 60% less bulk(no, really)

It was such a dumb outlier that likely is caused by them making it Babylon locked and they quite simply never did it again. ever. 2018 events should be tame except for like India Strikes back, summer, and GudaGuda maybe, while the "shitty event" of 2019 is mostly caused by technical issues.... and the rerun of the one from 2018 which is Summer because it loves spamming texts on you

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Marie is finally getting an animation update!

Of course, since I don't actually play JP, I have to wait for 2 years, but hey, at least I have a concrete date to look forward to now, rather than it just being sometime in the future.  Now if only she could get some more strengthenings...

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Marie is finally getting an animation update!

Of course, since I don't actually play JP, I have to wait for 2 years, but hey, at least I have a concrete date to look forward to now, rather than it just being sometime in the future.  Now if only she could get some more strengthenings...

I legit dont know whats sadder

The fact that i agree Marie needs a buff because her skillset is sad or the fact that shes better than 90% of sr rider because she can actually loop and the class doesnt fucking exists

Thanks Kintoki

48 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

You know, I really wish they made either Europa or Mandricardo a 4 star rider, because damn, when was the last time Rider was added to the general 4 star pool?

Astolfo was the last SR Rider added to the general pool.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

At least Astolfo is in the SR Rider pool, lul. (I've been using him in place of Drake since Drake's been Bond 10 for ages---he's like 50% of a Drake but that's plenty for Caster nodes.)

It's a pity that most quick servants can be improved significantly if they used only 1 Quick card in their deck, and Astolfo has 3...

5 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

At least Astolfo is in the SR Rider pool, lul. (I've been using him in place of Drake since Drake's been Bond 10 for ages---he's like 50% of a Drake but that's plenty for Caster nodes.)

It's a pity that most quick servants can be improved significantly if they used only 1 Quick card in their deck, and Astolfo has 3...

Curious what you mean by this

Agree Astolfo is p decent though

10 hours ago, Water Mage said:

You know, I really wish they made either Europa or Mandricardo a 4 star rider, because damn, when was the last time Rider was added to the general 4 star pool?

Don't get me started on Europa lmao. Shes such a unique case of trainwreck

I mean shes not bad. Shes just so fucking textbook that when the review dude on reddit said shes a contender for the worst servant released in 2019 i agree despite Nobuvenger being a thing. Shes THAT boring

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Curious what you mean by this

Agree Astolfo is p decent though

A lot of servants with Quick NPs have some real shitty quick cards, is pretty much what I mean. Astolfo has a 1.32% 2 hit quick and 3 quick cards, but fortunately he's pretty much as bad as it gets. (Unless we count Artoria Rider Alter, who actually has anti-synergy between her kit and having Quick cards in her deck---she'd want one, but 1 Quick Card every three turns is all she wants or needs. 1.68% 3 hit Quick is actually pretty good if we're talking about people with crappy Quick cards, but god damn.)

OG Scathach is a more typical example with 1.42% 2 hit quick and 2 quick cards, while having amazing numbers on her Buster and Arts---and because of how she works even if you nerf her NP gain per hit in exchange for going to a 1/2/2 (Quick/Arts/Buster) Saber Deck it'd still be an improvement overall, since more Arts means she can get more NP uses from thanks to being able to join more Arts Chains and Arts cards crit harder than Quick cards. Her ideal deck would be triple buster and getting to keep her NP generation numbers or maybe even getting better numbers, since she only has 2 cards that gain NP with a triple buster deck---let's just ignore the fact that her Busters generate as much NP as her Quick cards when there's an Arts lead. God her numbers are stupid. You trade maybe 3-6% NP every 3 turns for losing a crappy quick card and get a buster card in return, and that's assuming you wanted to click her Quick card at all.

There's people like Okita, Kintoki Rider, and Jack who don't mind having lots of Quick cards, but you have to wade through a lot of people like Rider Ishtar with her 2 hit 1.36% Quick card to find them.

If you have a Quick NP and lots of Quick cards the vast majority of your damage will come from NPs, since Quick Performance Up does very little for face-card damage (having a Buster lead is about as good as 50% Quick Performance Up, and these two effects don't stack multiplicatively---they'll both add damage, but 50% Quick Up and Buster Lead gets you about 200% damage on your Quick cards rather than the 225% you'd expect from multiplicative stacking) but it's pretty great for resource generation. Yet, for some god damn reason, a lot of Quick NP Servants have awful Quick cards for generation stats, whether for crit stars or NP, so they might as well give up and just rely on batteries and Arts Chains and just add more damage to their face cards by dropping quick cards from the deck.

Skadi makes it so Quick cards actually do damage, but her existence means people with a kit like Astolfo Rider but huge Atk* simply can't exist without unbalancing the game. She's a band-aid fix that severely limits future design of Quick servants just by existing.

*So their Quicks are worth clicking for damage---imagine Astolfo with JAlter stats, it won't even matter that the Quick card doesn't generate stars for shit and Quick Cards suck for damage, you get stars with quick chains and your Quick cards melt people. Mind, the deck would still probably be better if you dropped some Quick cards for Buster or Arts, but that's the price for having Quick cards that don't have generation stats, and in exchange it gets more synergy with Quick Performance Up. Which is why it'd be completely stupid with Skadi's 50% Quick Up and 100% Quick Card Crit, since the synergy would push it beyond 'weird but fair and balanced' and into 'basically Quick Super Orion with extra steps.'

Edited by DehNutCase

@DehNutCase Fair, although i would say Rider Ishtar is one of those who cheats about it lol. Her 1st is fucking busted

I would argue one of the reason why Quick sucks so hard(quick perf) is because they kinda fucked the numeric standard? I mean think about it this way, the average for Quick is likely 2.0, while the average for arts is 1.6 yet we define "acceptable quick" by 3.0, and broken by 4.0+. In contrast Arts is already acceptable at around 1.5, the modern quicks are at 1.9s and the most broken of all broken quicks for "not one off standard" was 2.5 on Sheba, the difference between Quick from bad to good was almost 100%, yet Arts only have 50% disparity

I always said that Arts is the most broken mechanic in this game but its likely because they didn't make the card with the intent each are used in vacuum alone but meant to mix, and Quick happen to eat the short straw lol

Man i always got suckered by how buster starter works. IIRC its along the lines of Buster starter x crit + Card x crit x CTB x ATK? Its.... such a weird shit that only makes sense if you know the nunbers background lol

Oh yeah hot takes. I don't think Super Orion is broken. I know thats not what your talking about(since Super Orion is just a metaphor for how much damage it deals) but seeing him being called broken so often is amusing >_>

34 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Man i always got suckered by how buster starter works. IIRC its along the lines of Buster starter x crit + Card x crit x CTB x ATK? Its.... such a weird shit that only makes sense if you know the nunbers background lol

Easiest way to remember about the starter bonus is probably just to remember it's basically a really weird Card Type Up buff, it falls under the same multiplier as Card Type Buff like how Damage Up, Crit Up, and NP Up are fall under the same multiplier (and are therefore additive) when you're calculating damage. All of the fist card bonuses stack additively with what a Type Up buff does for you, rather than multiplicatively like you'd expect.

Re: Super Orion, he's someone who does one thing really well and has a bunch of holes in other places, but he does happen to be very self-sufficient in his core role (click red card and win), so I'm not quite sure how to evaluate him yet. He's obviously very good at his core role, but I'd have to do some number crunch about how much not having a damaging NP costs him as a damage dealer if I actually wanted to evaluate him properly, and that would take a lot of looking into possible teammates for him, which is way too much effort.

His self-sufficiency does mean I'd probably rate him as the best crit servant overall, though, even if comps with him on the team top out at a little less than someone who needs to jump through a bunch of hoops to function. He's kind of like Saber Lancelot in that department.

Re: Quick Cards. The reason quick cards needs such high generation numbers to be good is actually pretty simple in my opinion. Quick cards need 25% extra damage to match an Arts (1/.8), and 87.5% extra damage to match a Buster (1.5/.8). If a regular Arts card and Quick card crit generates the same NP then the quick card better be giving me around 7.5 (30 * 25%---that is, 25% chance to crit on all my cards, and that's assuming I have perfect star control) stars* or something because otherwise why the hell am I clicking the Quick card, I'm getting dumpstered in face card damage for the exact same NP gain.

*Even at 160%, which is 3rd slot Quick, you'd need 4.7 hits for that many stars, although if you have a lot of Quick cards you can assume, say, a 50% Quick Up more or less constantly active and napkin math it to around 3 hits.

And if the Quick card gave bad NP gain then it better god damn rain stars since Buster cards with Buster leads exist, so you need some insanely high Quick specific damage buffs before it's worth clicking Quick cards for the damage.

40 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

During my failure to get Melt again I ended with my 3rd 2030 CE. I wonder if there's a team that would want to get 24 stars per turn at the cost of lower dmg.

QSH meme often runs that kind of CE set up, sometimes with Priscon on the 2 Merlins

Welp, after being afflicted with the sickness and wondering what to do to pass the time, I decided to marathon through the Case Files anime and caught up with the Babylonia episodes. Watching the series drew me right back into FGO, and at the moment I'm trying to do Shinjuku (although I probably should be doing the event for materials and the like).

Case Files was fun. While I wasn't blown away with the animation quality (Babylonia surprised me with how much stuff is animated), I loved seeing the adventures of Waver as he solved cases with the occasional "Fate Fight" tossed in for good measure. Seeing characters that I recognized from other series (Luvia and Kairi Sisigou) was also an added bonus. Gray is also adorable.

Babylonia is Babylonia, what else can I say? If you played through the FGO singularity, you know what to expect. Seeing it all voiced acted and animated is icing on the cake. I wonder if they will re-use the "white flag animation" anytime soon...

As for Shinjuku, I am rather enjoying it as well. While I initially tried to go with all Bonus Servants, this method was quickly dashed as I came across the first boss and realized I actually had to beat him instead of simply break one bar for "story purposes." While I can get away with putting the bonus servants on the backline for the minor fights, I go ahead and put on my "tryhard team + backup Heracles" for the boss battles.
-- My one complaint is that our Protagonist's thoughts about the whole affair do take me out of it a bit, especially considering Gudao is our avatar character. While I think I see what they are going for, having our avatar be of one opinion while the player has has another is one easy way to break immersion.

Edited by Sire

Turns out double waver kind of trivializes the challenge quest, but I guess that was kind of expected since you need to do a lot of weird things to a multi-target quest for Waver's NP not to buy you an obscene amount of turns while providing a constant stream of defense downs for more damage. (Brynd KOs a Servant every turn with just her face cards, though, which was interesting---but my team had 3 damage dealers in the lineup so losing 2 damage dealers + both my Wavers didn't matter.)

22 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

QSH meme often runs that kind of CE set up, sometimes with Priscon on the 2 Merlins

Hmm, using Mothman's ridiculous crit buffs to nuke everything seems like it would be fun but I have no plans to pull for him and I still lack one of the big casters, might as well wait and see if I'll end with 2 MLB 2030s one day. 

- - -

The challenge quest was a joke. BB/Jeanne/Support Merlin/Mash ended it in 25 turns. Jeanne was the only casualty but it happened after Jalter was left alone so the battle was basically over by that point. It's funny how Jalter's high hit counts worked against when she NP'd Mash because that allowed her to fire 2 Lord Camelots in a row. 

Just about every role I care about is already covered by 5*s, with the exception of Beserkers, so I'm probably going to NP2 Beserker Lancelot unless I already have 2 copies of him in my box. (I tend to sit on extra copies of 4* Servants in case I'd rather burn them for rare prisms---I'll wait for the Bond 11+ unlocking items to be in the rare prism shop before I start burning people, though.)

A brand new servant would be nice, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that I care about, meaning I probably don't care about any of the 4*s in particular.

Oh, actually, there's Circe---although I had to look up the unit list to remember her. I've been brute forcing solo Assassins with Nero just punching them to death, but she was pretty nice when I used her in Salem. Pity about her third skill, though---she didn't have it in Salem, but it's not going to make too much of a difference for her whether or not she has it. (Pretty sure Nero out-damages her even against single targets, especially considering the NP level difference, but eh.)

Well, I guess it'll be Circe, although she'll put me in Stake hell for even longer... (Eresh isn't even 10/10/10 yet herself.)

Not feeling any need to specifically prep my box for Skadi since she's good enough that I'll find good partners for her without effort.

SR ticket eh? I’m pretty undecided on that one. There’s Lancer Alter who never gets rate ups and is very solid, and probably the only SR story lock remaining who I don’t have that I’d care for. I’d also like Sheba, but I’m planning on rolling the Gilfest banner and she’s on it so I’ll likely get her then. Edison would be interesting, I guess. Li Shuwen I don’t really care for and Tristan can fuck off. 

As for the permanents, I’d actually like Nezha for her endearing behavior alone despite her being a rather average servant. I do need a new Berserker since my banana will max out her bond soon enough, so Herc and Penth are on the table as a practical choice. Even Zerkerlot could work as a pick for me. 

I might just leave this up to rng due to how conflicted I am. 

Edited by Silverly

This caught me off guard, but I think I’ll pick Parvati even though I might not roll for Skadi. I like the character at any rate. To be fair, my pick this year was going to he Saber Diarmuid, but I think we’re still gonna get another free 4* ticket this year.

That feeling when you farm and farm but your apple count only goes up. Mostly because I'm doing 5-8 turn clears, though---I've optimized slightly by bringing in Eresh and Nero rather than a bunch of Avengers or whatever, but I'd need to sacrifice too much bond and Mystic Code exp gain if I wanted to 3-4 turn it, especially with a macro.

Bones and Fangs are great, but I have plenty of everything else and it's not like they're in the same lottery (if they were I'd consider farming this like crazy).