Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

11 hours ago, Silverly said:

@Rezzy This is hell you're walking into, but hop on aboard! I’ll send you a request myself (ign is Kris). What brought you to FGO btw? Was it word of mouth or being naturally curious of the Fate series?

Your 5*s are actually a very great start! Arthur is... merely serviceable, but Waver is a premier support servant while Drake is one of the best farmers. 

My friend Caster got me into playing Stay Night, and I've been getting a bit burnt out on FEH, so I wanted to try something new.

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I’ll send a friend request to you as well! My name there is Luiz.

Neat, I'll accept when I get back on.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oy oy oy oy! Is Mordred on rate-up or something? I just tried to see if I could nab Semiramis from the Apocrypha banner and I got NP2 Mordred! Haaah...there goes my luck, it seems. 2 spooks in like 2 weeks after like 5 months of no SSRs. Guess Karna's going to be waiting even longer now for his 10/10/10 because Mordred will take priority now, if only because right now she became my best farming Saber, although she's only going to be 10/x/10 until the instinct buff drops on NA.

Anyways, I've been pretty busy so I just started the Apocrypha event like 3 days ago. Luckily the raids are pretty simple so I went from 0 to ~1.6M. The only annoying part is that farming for the silver stuff in the shop is going to be a pain, but that's the price for not playing every raid. 

@Rezzy I sent you a request as well. My name is Alexmender, just like in the forum! 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Oy oy oy oy! Is Mordred on rate-up or something? I just tried to see if I could nab Semiramis from the Apocrypha banner and I got NP2 Mordred! Haaah...there goes my luck, it seems. 2 spooks in like 2 weeks after like 5 months of no SSRs. Guess Karna's going to be waiting even longer now for his 10/10/10 because Mordred will take priority now, if only because right now she became my best farming Saber, although she's only going to be 10/x/10 until the instinct buff drops on NA.

Anyways, I've been pretty busy so I just started the Apocrypha event like 3 days ago. Luckily the raids are pretty simple so I went from 0 to ~1.6M. The only annoying part is that farming for the silver stuff in the shop is going to be a pain, but that's the price for not playing every raid. 

@Rezzy I sent you a request as well. My name is Alexmender, just like in the forum! 

Thanks, nice to be friends.
I think I've got the +60% coin CE on my Waver, so hopefully that can help a little.

I've been playing for a while so I have some good servants figured since I just lurk here may as post my ID 371,337,722. 

On 4/27/2020 at 4:59 PM, Rezzy said:

I started playing FGO a few months ago.  I'm still a noob, but if anyone wants to be my friend, my ID is 005253296.

The only 5*s I have currently are Arthur, Drake, and Waver, but hopefully they can be useful.  If you do send a request, send me a PM, so I can give you priority over randoms.

Welcome aboard man! Hope you have some fun here aswell =]

If you still need some friends, I sent you mine. Feel free to ask for any specific servant on support, I do have a nice variety but by no means all of them =p

IGN is the same? I am pretty sure it is =]

4 hours ago, QKumber said:

Welcome aboard man! Hope you have some fun here aswell =]

If you still need some friends, I sent you mine. Feel free to ask for any specific servant on support, I do have a nice variety but by no means all of them =p

IGN is the same? I am pretty sure it is =]

Thanks, I'm not a man, though

I went ahead and accepted.  As soon as I get some Dragon Fangs, I should be able to get Drake promoted.  It seems her and Waver are the most popular units my friends like to use.

I have been waiting for a year and a half for Achilles to come stateside. Jerk freaking sent his Teacher instead, as well as Karna, Drake, and Anastasia. Cost me over 800 SQ, so my reserves are at 0 for the coming summer banners. At least those are still 2-3 months away.

With the Gudaguda 4 rerun announced and which started today, Maou Nobu got a strengthening. On Fire Field, her NP gains [Special Attack vs Sky/Heaven Attribute]
Wow Maou Nobu’s buff is pretty…underwhelming. While a lot of Sky enemies are also Divine, not every Divine enemy is Sky. So it really doesn’t cover a wide base at all. In fact, no Ruler other than Luvia has this combination I think, so Nobu can’t use it to it’s full advantage. And Maou Nobu even has an attribute disadvantage against Sky! Holy crap, what goes through DW’s mind when it comes to Maou Nobu?! Why they have the worst ideas regarding her?! 

Edited by Water Mage

14 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

With the Gudaguda 4 rerun announced and which started today, Maou Nobu got a strengthening. Second Skill: On Fire Field, her NP gains [Special Attack vs Sky/Heaven Attribute]
Wow Maou Nobu’s buff is pretty…underwhelming. While a lot of Sky enemies are also Divine, not every Divine enemy is Sky. So it really doesn’t cover a wide base at all. In fact, no Ruler other than Luvia has this combination I think, so Nobu can’t use it to it’s full advantage. And Maou Nobu even has an attribute disadvantage against Sky! Holy crap, what goes through DW’s mind when it comes to Maou Nobu?! Why they have the worst ideas regarding her?! 

I want to be a bit more patient before completely writing her off. Until the update comes out, we don't know the actual numbers of the buff. Hopefully it can be more than 50%. With the amount of divine enemies in the lostbelts. it's pretty helpful.

Okita alter got +attack up (3 times / 3 turns) on her 2nd skill . She could use it, since before she had a hard time clearing tougher waves by her self.

And zerker Nobu got a np buff  (higher dmg special attack against divine enemies and adds buff that turns field to burning (3 turns)). With that I assume it put her in the top 5 berserker nps . Being able to punch dinve of most classes is a treat and able to make her 3rd skill better after np gives her more utility.  

Summer Nobu got the best out of the bunch. Need to see where does Okita and venger Nobu numbers are. I was expecting og Nobu and Okita to get some attention, maybe next time.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I want to be a bit more patient before completely writing her off. Until the update comes out, we don't know the actual numbers of the buff. Hopefully it can be more than 50%. With the amount of divine enemies in the lostbelts. it's pretty helpful.

Okita alter got +attack up (3 times / 3 turns) on her 2nd skill . She could use it, since before she had a hard time clearing tougher waves by her self.

And zerker Nobu got a np buff  (higher dmg special attack against divine enemies and adds buff that turns field to burning (3 turns)). With that I assume it put her in the top 5 berserker nps . Being able to punch dinve of most classes is a treat and able to make her 3rd skill better after np gives her more utility.  

Summer Nobu got the best out of the bunch. Need to see where does Okita and venger Nobu numbers are. I was expecting og Nobu and Okita to get some attention, maybe next time.

They just found the numbers and Maou Nobu’s damage against Sky enemies is just 50%. That’s pretty disappointing. 

And like you said, Summer Nobu got the best out of them because poor Okita Alter is still outclassed by Kingprotea.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

They just found the numbers and Maou Nobu’s damage against Sky enemies is just 50%. That’s pretty disappointing. 

And like you said, Summer Nobu got the best out of them because poor Okita Alter is still outclassed by Kingprotea.

50%? Should have been more. Next time DW should improve her np since the damage widely fluxuates, or her 3rd skill. 

Okita Alter issue of being a jack master of none bites her.

My main issue with Avenger Nobu is that her NP doesn't have an interlude, the anti-Sky buff is neat, but really not too important either way due to Sky being one of the rarer attriutes.* (Both her and Okita seem to have gotten 'safe' small upgrades that don't really change them too much.)

*50% Damage Up is actually pretty amazing, since NP Damage Up is really difficult to get as a modifier outside of Black Grail (which gives way too much of it). I personally prefer Helena's 50% NP up more, since 80% proc chance is good enough for farming as long as you aren't automating it, but Damage Up does suit Nobu pretty well since it's also Crit Damage Up and non-Crit Damage Up, and her face cards are a big part of her kit.

Giving Nobu an NP interlude is pretty dangerous since her raw damage is so high, though, so personally I'm fine with the way she's buffed. She gets a major boost in a small number of maps, rather than an NP interlude which would buff her significantly in just about every map. (Nobu being basically a Berserker means that she occasionally joins maps where everyone is just red carding things to death.)

On 5/6/2020 at 11:37 AM, DehNutCase said:

My main issue with Avenger Nobu is that her NP doesn't have an interlude, the anti-Sky buff is neat, but really not too important either way due to Sky being one of the rarer attriutes.* (Both her and Okita seem to have gotten 'safe' small upgrades that don't really change them too much.)

Sky is not that uncommon, and I think all of Avenger Nobu problems would have been fixed if she had been an Alter Ego. Look at how many Sky enemies are of the Cavalry classes and Berserkers! Books, Hands, Doors, Ghosts, Demons, regular enemy Valkyires, Automatas, Golems. That would have given her such a wide range!

On 5/10/2020 at 7:36 AM, Water Mage said:

Sky is not that uncommon, and I think all of Avenger Nobu problems would have been fixed if she had been an Alter Ego. Look at how many Sky enemies are of the Cavalry classes and Berserkers! Books, Hands, Doors, Ghosts, Demons, regular enemy Valkyires, Automatas, Golems. That would have given her such a wide range!

Obligatory theorycraft warning, since I don't play on JAP:

Personally I prefer her being Avenger. Beserker would've been ideal, but if Nobu kept her kit and bases as a Beserker she'd be eating Arjuna Alter's lunch.

Alter Ego's a fun class, but only doing 1.5x damage to cavalry while dealing .5x to Knights is deceptively limiting. Beserkers deal 1.65x to cavalry because of the Beserker 1.1x damage modifier, so the main advantage of Alter Egos would be a bigger hp pool in exchange for not doing well when knights are mixed in. Nodes where there's only Cavalry have heavy overlap with nodes where there's only one class, meaning you can often run a 2x advantage class rather than a 1.5x advantage class. And in mixed nodes Beserkers are just flat out better for raw damage without randomly getting gimped by knights.

For Nobu in particular being weak against knights is a big issue because a big part of her farming kit is her triple buster deck, if she can't consistently lead the turn with one of her Buster Cards then the team's damage output suffers a lot, so you want her to be in a class that always does consistent damage. In my opinion, not doing .5x damage is a lot more important than doing 1.5x or even 2x damage for someone like Nobu, since she needs to click her face cards to properly support the team.

A Buster lead is worth somewhere between 30-50% Atk Up in terms of damage*, but if your first card for the turn does 50% damage rather than 110% (Avenger modifier) the bonus is a lot less than it could be.

*A buster lead adds the same amount of damage regardless of what type of card it is, but weaker cards like Quick would need a bigger % on the Atk Up to add the same amount of damage.

As is Arjuna Alter is better than Avenger Nobu for most situations, but between Nobu's better Atk, slightly more supportive kit (10 stars/turn), and Avengers being ideal for Beserker* and Ruler maps there are definitely situations where Nobu's the better pick. On the other hand, Alter Ego Nobu would be basically strictly worse than Arjuna Alter, since her 1k Atk lead disappears once she loses the Avenger 1.1x modifier, and Arjuna doesn't really have survivability issues thanks to his guts. Alter Ego Nobu would be better at gathering her own stars, but as a secondary damage dealer star draw isn't as important, and to properly take advantage of consistent Buster leads you want another damage dealer in the starting lineup anyway.

*Beserkers don't do 2x to themselves, only 1.65x, so Avengers are actually better at smashing Beserkers than Beserkers or Foreigners.

4 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Obligatory theorycraft warning, since I don't play on JAP:

Personally I prefer her being Avenger. Beserker would've been ideal, but if Nobu kept her kit and bases as a Beserker she'd be eating Arjuna Alter's lunch.

Alter Ego's a fun class, but only doing 1.5x damage to cavalry while dealing .5x to Knights is deceptively limiting. Beserkers deal 1.65x to cavalry because of the Beserker 1.1x damage modifier, so the main advantage of Alter Egos would be a bigger hp pool in exchange for not doing well when knights are mixed in. Nodes where there's only Cavalry have heavy overlap with nodes where there's only one class, meaning you can often run a 2x advantage class rather than a 1.5x advantage class. And in mixed nodes Beserkers are just flat out better for raw damage without randomly getting gimped by knights.

For Nobu in particular being weak against knights is a big issue because a big part of her farming kit is her triple buster deck, if she can't consistently lead the turn with one of her Buster Cards then the team's damage output suffers a lot, so you want her to be in a class that always does consistent damage. In my opinion, not doing .5x damage is a lot more important than doing 1.5x or even 2x damage for someone like Nobu, since she needs to click her face cards to properly support the team.

A Buster lead is worth somewhere between 30-50% Atk Up in terms of damage*, but if your first card for the turn does 50% damage rather than 110% (Avenger modifier) the bonus is a lot less than it could be.

*A buster lead adds the same amount of damage regardless of what type of card it is, but weaker cards like Quick would need a bigger % on the Atk Up to add the same amount of damage.

As is Arjuna Alter is better than Avenger Nobu for most situations, but between Nobu's better Atk, slightly more supportive kit (10 stars/turn), and Avengers being ideal for Beserker* and Ruler maps there are definitely situations where Nobu's the better pick. On the other hand, Alter Ego Nobu would be basically strictly worse than Arjuna Alter, since her 1k Atk lead disappears once she loses the Avenger 1.1x modifier, and Arjuna doesn't really have survivability issues thanks to his guts. Alter Ego Nobu would be better at gathering her own stars, but as a secondary damage dealer star draw isn't as important, and to properly take advantage of consistent Buster leads you want another damage dealer in the starting lineup anyway.

*Beserkers don't do 2x to themselves, only 1.65x, so Avengers are actually better at smashing Beserkers than Beserkers or Foreigners.

Gotta admit, I actually forgot about the Berserker class when I wrote that. It’s actually the better choice and it would have been amazing with Star Gathering skill. And make her of the Man attribute while were at it so she can deal amazing damage to Sky enemies.

Well that CQ was... something.

The CQ was so perfectly tailored towards Archer Artoria it's not even funny. Her biggest issue is that she wants Black Grail for damage but also a starting NP CE since she doesn't have a battery to start the NP loop train going, so in most CQs she has to pick one or the other and count on her team for the rest. But teamwide damage CEs being available means she doesn't need Black Grail, so I could just hand her a Kaleidoscope to get the pain train started.

Ended up taking a hp bar every turn so Hijikata exploded without even doing a single NP. Pretty pleasant overall since even the ridiculous amounts of Crit and Buster buffs he stacked can't overcome Artoria, Nero Bride, and Waver's defense buffs.

It's a pity MLB Kaleidoscope is so hard to get, since 50% extra NP gauge compared to most other options actually makes it one of the best CEs for Archer Artoria.

It's been a while since I used my Euryale, but she's still godly against anything male that isn't a Lancer. Poor Hijikata wasn't able to get even 1 hit with all the stuns, charms and invincibility going around (I used Euryale/Jeanne/Merlin). Bringing Jeanne was overkill but I don't really use her outside of CQs so I make sure to always get a spot for her even if she doesn't contribute all that much to the fight.

I used a team of Arthur, Waverx2, Drake, Mash, and Arash for the CQ.  I had to burn my Command spells, but I managed to kill him.  Just got a Ruined Castle CE from my summon ticket

My comp consisted mainly of Jalter/Mash/supportMerlin/Abby, and I was able to complete it without much issue. I remember chickening out of this one last year because I was still pretty green to FGO at the time, but this was entered with full confidence.

I'm just now being able to use mostly my own units without having to be entirely dependent on the support units.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm just now being able to use mostly my own units without having to be entirely dependent on the support units.

It’s a great feeling to finally use your own Servants to clear a CQ. Also, CQ usually gives Crystalized Lores instead Summon Tickets, this one is just unique. 

I didn't know the Okita banner was secretly an Apocrypha banner.

Modred and Achilles showed up already and I still haven't seen a single 5* from the banner, whether it's Okita or the CE.

-_-

Mostly looking for a few copies of Poster Girl, but it doesn't look like it's happening. : /

Edit: Well, I'll call it a day at this point. Finally got a copy of Poster Girl. Wanted multiple copies, but at this rate that would take thousands of saint quartz.

Edited by DehNutCase