Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, plus, with the exception of Berserker, there's a 3* bonus unit, so most people should have one, plus Mash, and the CEs are in the general pool, so I had tons of those saved.

I think this is one of my favorite events, story wise, too.

This event is a sort of a fix-fic for Fate/Zero, so it’s a very nice what-if. 

On other news I had 1 SQ and managed to get 2 SQ from a Servant’s bond level up. I decided to do a yolo roll and managed to get Saber Diarmuid! I just have to wait for late October/Early November for the free SR ticket to get Kiritsugu.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, weird, I could've sworn Waver had all three of his skills when I used him as the support for the fight against the Black Grail (in the original Fate/Zero event). Instead he's just in his 3rd ascension but with only his first two skills just like all the other story fights.

Finishing all the missions will probably be a pain in the ass, but at least I get to skip the Irisivel ones since they already count as complete.

5 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Huh, weird, I could've sworn Waver had all three of his skills when I used him as the support for the fight against the Black Grail (in the original Fate/Zero event). Instead he's just in his 3rd ascension but with only his first two skills just like all the other story fights.

That’s because it’s an old event. The support Servants only start having 3 skills from the Lostbelts and events that first appeared after LB1.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

That’s because it’s an old event. The support Servants only start having 3 skills from the Lostbelts and events that first appeared after LB1.

They didn't have their skill rank ups for a long time either for some reason... I was so surprised while I was playing Summer 5 and noticed the forced Story Support Emiya had all his buffs. 

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Eh, supports occasionally have all 3 skills and level 90 (regardless of rarity) even before this, although usually only for 'important' story fights. Like Sanzang and Bedivere in a few fights from Camelot.

I remembered this fight being one of them for Waver, at least in the original event, but the wiki doesn't show what skills support servants have, so I don't know for sure.

Mostly done with the Fate/Zero revival (gotta wait for the new quests to open up to finish the missions, also there's a few stuff mats left in the shop). So, I decided to hop back into the main story where I left off...

Finally finished Shinjuku after taking a long hiatus in the middle (before the Assassin of Shinjuku fight). It's definitely one of my favorite arcs, but Babylonia and Camelot are still the highlights for me. I enjoyed hanging out with Salter and Jalter, as well as the intrigue between Holmes and Moriarty. I wouldn't mind an anime of this arc somewhere down the line!

Then I went into Agartha. I remembered it being "different" from the others and had low expectations. What I got was, something, to say the least.
-- I'm just at Chapter 4 and already I see why this singularity's storyline is considered one of the weaker ones due to the whole "slavers" aspect. It doesn't help that I'm not too attached with the arc's characters either.
-- I suppose I'll just have to try and blaze through this story to get to Shimosa and Salem, which I hear are better story-wise. Not sure if they surpass Shinjuku, but I'm eager to get past Agartha and onto better grounds.

@Sire Nice to hear you continue on with EoR! Shinjuku also happens to be one of my personal favorites. Agartha... the less said, the better. 

I can safely verify that the upcoming stories are better than what you’re currently going through. While I got my problems with Shimousa (particularly with the writing and presentation... not to mention those damn boss fights), it’s still decent at the very least. Salem meanwhile is tied with Shinjuku as my favorite of the four, with Salem barely edging it. It’s funny to look back on how hyped Shimousa before release while Salem was largely slept on, feels good to be vindicated.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Mostly done with the Fate/Zero revival (gotta wait for the new quests to open up to finish the missions, also there's a few stuff mats left in the shop). So, I decided to hop back into the main story where I left off...

Finally finished Shinjuku after taking a long hiatus in the middle (before the Assassin of Shinjuku fight). It's definitely one of my favorite arcs, but Babylonia and Camelot are still the highlights for me. I enjoyed hanging out with Salter and Jalter, as well as the intrigue between Holmes and Moriarty. I wouldn't mind an anime of this arc somewhere down the line!

Then I went into Agartha. I remembered it being "different" from the others and had low expectations. What I got was, something, to say the least.
-- I'm just at Chapter 4 and already I see why this singularity's storyline is considered one of the weaker ones due to the whole "slavers" aspect. It doesn't help that I'm not too attached with the arc's characters either.
-- I suppose I'll just have to try and blaze through this story to get to Shimosa and Salem, which I hear are better story-wise. Not sure if they surpass Shinjuku, but I'm eager to get past Agartha and onto better grounds.

Please don’t skip Argatha’s cutscenes. Not because it’s good, but because it’s so bad you have to see it for yourself.

On 8/23/2020 at 8:55 AM, Silverly said:

I mean, it’s a summer event. I can at least understand why someone might balk at normal Abby (though I’m personally indifferent), but what did you really expect here? Of course she’d be wearing a swimsuit.

In other news, DL campaign 11 coming soon! Here comes my last decent shot at pulling Squirtoria.

About the swimsuit, I have no problem with normal swimsuits aka ascension  2 and 3.

My only problem is with fanservice bad taste like in ascension  1.

That said, Abby is one of  my top 5 favorite servant because the Cthulhu reference and I created a casual japanese  account to get her. When she was released I used all my 60 rolls and only got gamer Tomoe and the spider Murasaki.

Today I farmed all Orleans singularity to roll 7 more times and Abby summer came home in the first draw, LOL !

The funny part is that I rolled with serenesforest page open because I was going to reply your post about Abby swimsuit after my rolls. Looks like it worked as a catalyst, hahaha  !

Now I only need to unlock ascension  2 and 3, because  the first ascension  is a aberration to me.

Still playing through Agartha, had to stop for a moment to just make this post.

For a brief second I was considering "Hey, it's not that bad. If they just keep it like this with the camp and the different territories, it might be fine." Then I got to the Water City. I thought the earlier stuff was bad, but this takes it to a new level. Might as well call Agartha unsalvageable at this point, especially considering the implications that one of the villains is canonically one of Chaldea's own Servants. Now I see why some people were angry with Agartha, especially if they enjoy that Servant.

Again, for a moment I thought "This had potential. I can see where this could be going." Now its all "Nope. Let me out. Let me out! I want off the Agartha wild ride!"

In more precise terms, it's in the spoiler below. 

Spoiler

Agartha goes too far with its themes, even if its supposed to be on the opposite end with men being the ones screwed over instead of women.
-- I'm getting to this point at just Chapter 7, and it feels like its just there for shock factor or "that's just how this world works."  I understand painting a picture and showing, not telling, is a powerful narrative tool, but I believe there is a better way of "showing" if attempting this particular subject. Perhaps a more classy approach of "black screen implications" may be better than outright describing everything, I don't know.
-- Also, "Drake Alter." If it was a separate form with similar ideas "Take what you want, when you want," then maybe it could have given a pass. However, when they outright say it has the same Spirit Origin as Chaldea's Drake, I can imagine a lot of unhappy Drake fans because their favorite Servant just did a bunch of horrible things. // Personally, I'm indifferent about Drake so it doesn't affect me as much, but I think I remember there being general unhappiness about that topic.

I am not looking forward to how the story progresses, especially since I know some things happen later. Man, when I played through Septem, I was in bliss due to ignorance. Now that I played through Camelot and Babylon, I'm expecting high-quality storylines and I'm greeted with Agartha. Hopefully I'll be able to digest through all the dialogue quickly enough and forget that it exists and move on to better storylines...

7 hours ago, Sire said:

Still playing through Agartha, had to stop for a moment to just make this post.

For a brief second I was considering "Hey, it's not that bad. If they just keep it like this with the camp and the different territories, it might be fine." Then I got to the Water City. I thought the earlier stuff was bad, but this takes it to a new level. Might as well call Agartha unsalvageable at this point, especially considering the implications that one of the villains is canonically one of Chaldea's own Servants. Now I see why some people were angry with Agartha, especially if they enjoy that Servant.

Again, for a moment I thought "This had potential. I can see where this could be going." Now its all "Nope. Let me out. Let me out! I want off the Agartha wild ride!"

In more precise terms, it's in the spoiler below. 

Reveal hidden contents

Agartha goes too far with its themes, even if its supposed to be on the opposite end with men being the ones screwed over instead of women.
-- I'm getting to this point at just Chapter 7, and it feels like its just there for shock factor or "that's just how this world works."  I understand painting a picture and showing, not telling, is a powerful narrative tool, but I believe there is a better way of "showing" if attempting this particular subject. Perhaps a more classy approach of "black screen implications" may be better than outright describing everything, I don't know.
-- Also, "Drake Alter." If it was a separate form with similar ideas "Take what you want, when you want," then maybe it could have given a pass. However, when they outright say it has the same Spirit Origin as Chaldea's Drake, I can imagine a lot of unhappy Drake fans because their favorite Servant just did a bunch of horrible things. // Personally, I'm indifferent about Drake so it doesn't affect me as much, but I think I remember there being general unhappiness about that topic.

I am not looking forward to how the story progresses, especially since I know some things happen later. Man, when I played through Septem, I was in bliss due to ignorance. Now that I played through Camelot and Babylon, I'm expecting high-quality storylines and I'm greeted with Agartha. Hopefully I'll be able to digest through all the dialogue quickly enough and forget that it exists and move on to better storylines...

Here’s two fun facts: First, the NA version of Agartha is actually somewhat censored. The tried to make things a little less...weird. JP had even more stupid stuff for shock factor. Second, Agartha’s story was written by the Prisma Illya author. That should explain a lot of things.

And believe me you haven’t seen the worst it yet. You barely scratched the surface of how bad Agartha is.

Edited by Water Mage

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Here’s two fun facts: First, the NA version of Agartha is actually somewhat censored. The tried to make things a little less...weird. JP had even more stupid stuff for shock factor. Second, Agartha’s story was written by the Prisma Illya author. That should explain a lot of things.

And believe me you haven’t seen the worst it yet. You barely scratched the surface of how bad Agartha is.

Regarding Prisma Illya, it's not the manga author. It apparently was one of the screenwriters for the Anime version of it (which may explain the amount of fanservice scenes in the anime compared to the original manga version.)
-- Also, Prima Illya is actually a good show if you can get past the fanservice elements (which while present, can be skipped without consequence). The show takes a different tone once the third arc hits, which is Season 4 of the anime as well as its movie.

Also, NA got a "toned down," version, eh? If so, a part of me wonders how bad the source material is...

Hot take, Agartha is worse than Septem.

While certainly not good by any stretch, at the end of the day Septem is merely a giant, boring nothingburger. Everyone comments on how much of a “trainwreck” Septem is, but what’s a more accurate description is it is a train that never bothered to leave the station. It’s just lame, plain and simple. Plus, at least Septem can be given some slack for being part of the early stages of FGO when nobody knew what direction to take the story. What excuse does Agartha have? We had excellent stories in Camelot, Babylonia, Solomon, and Shinjuku during that time span and we’re given this garbage? Like come on. Now you can say what you will concerning “hurr durr Mary Sue Nero is so unbearable and I hate her guts”, and yeah I get the character isn’t for everyone (personally I find Nero alright). I’d still take that over the abomination that was Agartha.

Huh... When the CQ showed Saber and Assassin I was assuming it was Artoria & EMIYA, but it turned out to be Saber Diarmuid and EMIYA.

...I was running an Beserker Atalanta comp with 2 copies of Poster Girl, so the fight ended up really easy. Since all the damage went to the designated damage sponge.

It's a bit annoying they walled the CQ behind all missions complete and another quest, though.

Edit: Shop's cleared, of course, thanks to the massive piles of +drops I have from being a lunatic who always uses maximum drop boni---in fact, I had enough tokens leftover to buy 80M QP.

Edited by DehNutCase

I had 20 SQ and 2 tickets and on whim decided to roll for Raikou. And holy hell, I managed to roll her with 2 tickets and 12 SQ! Now with Emiya, Iri, some other Servants I have on more mom to the team, and now I have the complete Yandere trio! Plus with Kintoki, Ibaraki and Raikou, the one team is almost complete! But Caster Shuten will fix that! And with Emiya, Boudica and Raikou I almost the the Chaldea kitchen almost complete as well! I’m just missing Cat! Damn, Raikou is a part of a lot of groups huh?

Edited by Water Mage

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

So, anyone ready for Gilfest? Not only for the farming but for the challenge quests as well? I’ve heard horror stories about the Jaguar, Summer Jeanne, Summer Nobu CQ.

I'm ready. Wish there wasn't maintenance, so I could get started tonight, but I got my Dantes ready.

My only issue with Gilfest is that the best farming nodes in terms of drops, for me, is in the finals. I prefer to get my farming for events done early so that I can chill and only farm if I want to near the end of an event, so having the best farming nodes be at the end means that to be optimal I can't afford to do that.

According to the wiki's farming guide the Garden difficulty in the prelims drops fangs, which would be great, but looking at the tournament page says the node only has one big dragon in it, meaning it's probably mostly (if not all) reverse scales. (The 30 AP node seems to drop fangs, but it's a 30 AP node...)

On the plus side, I should be able to max out Skadi, finally, between void dust from the lottery and aurora steel from the last day.

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm ready. Wish there wasn't maintenance, so I could get started tonight, but I got my Dantes ready.

I wish best of luck on your Gil rolls!

On a different note, JP had another batch of Interludes released and they came with some buffs:

Atalanta Alter: Skill 1 upgraded: 50% Buster Crit Up at lv 10 and 20 stars. 

Suzuka: Skill 1 upgraded: Buster Up (3 times, 3T) + Crit star gen rate (3T) + [new] Crit DMG up (3 times, 3T, 50% at lv 10) 

Shuten: Skill 3 upgraded: Now has scaling NP charge (30% at lv 10) and revives with 4k instead of 3k at lv 10 and guts revive scales better.

Avicebron: NP buff and 20% np strength up on OC.

What do you guys think? Honestly, I think these buffs are great, now Avicebron hits as hard as NP1 SSR Caster which makes him a great budget farming choice and this makes Shuten arguably the best AoE Assassin, which we really needed more because honestly the only worthwhile AoE Assassins before were Cleo and Fuuma. Hell, Fuuma is arguably better than any of the SR AoE Assassins especially after his buffs.

All the buffs are interesting, although personally I don't care about buffs to 3*s and below---when you're used to using 5*s with NP2 and better lower rarities can't really compete. Well, pure supports might be an exception---if Hans get another buff I'll probably care.

Atalanta is extremely self sufficient now, since she has 50% Buster Up (58% if you include her passive, but that's neither here nor there), 100% crit (1st and 3rd) and 20 stars tacked onto her absorb skill. On the down side, a double buster deck means you'll usually only have 1 of her Busters, but eh, you can't have everything. She's well suited for a secondary damage dealer position anyway, thanks to Crossing Arcadia, so you should have another damage dealer's card deck to work with as well.

Suzuka is nice, but there's a lot of crit sabers, and the 5* ones have the advantage of better bases to work with. Nothing wrong with having a lot of options, though, since it means if you're a fan of her for reasons other than gameplay you can use her a lot more often\a lot less painfully.

AoE Assasins suffer from the demerit of competing against AoE Beserkers and AoE Alter Egos, and thanks to the .9x Assassin damage multiplier the damage is 1.8x vs. 1.65x (1.5x effective * 1.1 Beserker mod) vs. 1.5x, and Assassins tend to have low base Atk in general. In that respect Semiramis might have it the best, since her kit is naturally suited to a secondary damage dealer position. Triple arts means she's good at helping the team build NP Gauage via arts chains, and 50% Buster Resistance Down is amazing for damage, albeit only for 1 wave.

Shuten's buff is good, but a 30% battery (with a 7s cd at that), probably won't change too much about her, especially since her NP has basically negligible refund. Having 40% effective Atk Up between her debuff and team buff (50% after her NP) means her team support is comparable to Semiramis, so they're more or less comparable after the buff. I would very slightly favor Semiramis over her in general, but I'm a bit baised because I really don't like Shuten's art.

Regarding Gilfest, I have a pretty consistent 3T clear of Garden, but it requires a Kaleidoscope (meaning no crazy 6 CE lineups like I used in past lotteries) and also needs Achilles to draw one of his Quick cards for the last turn. On the plus side, I use the shuffle Mystic Code to make up for the fact Kaleido isn't MLB anyway, so I can take a mulligan if the first draw doesn't pan. The fact that I need to click face cards also means it can't be automated, but eh.

Odds should be 1 - 13/15 * 12/14 * 11/13 * 10/12 * 9/11 + (13/15 * 12/14 * 11/13 * 10/12 * 9/11) * (1 - 13/15 * 12/14 * 11/13 * 10/12 * 9/11) = 0.816326, or about 81% chance to 3T, assuming I did my math right. It's basically as consistent as relying on Helena's NP Damage Up for a 3T.

Later on I'll probably try to find either a 3T clear that doesn't rely on Kaleido (will probably need Plugsuit, which is unfortunate since the shuffle Mystic Code is gaining exp still, but Plugsuit is maxed), or a clear that can be fully automated (I might have to use 2 CE slots for this, though). Since the best nodes in terms of material drops are during the finals, I'll probably wait until the finals to look for a fully automated 3T clear.

Edited by DehNutCase

I got plenty of Apples (over 300 Gold), so I'm set for Gilfest. Also, I could use a replenishment of gems and QP, as well as Embers.

At the moment I'm getting the Shop out of the way so I can focus exclusively on the Lottery when the finals show up. Currently I'm cooking Burgers since I got two Burger CEs out of tickets, and may try to finish up orders on Fries and Hotdogs later (with Lotto CEs mostly likely).

Currently I'm sticking to Arash, 2 NP Servants, Support Waver, and Plugsuit Caesar to get me though. I only get 2 CEs to raise drops since the other 3 need NP Gauge to function, but at least I get faster clears.

I'm grinding with Dantes, Double Skadi, trying to do burgers first, since I could use the extra caster gems.

Seems my Waver and Skadi are popular supports.

Huh... apparently Medusa Lily is kind of outrageous in single target fights. First time through I wasn't sure if it was a ST fight or not, so my damage dealer was Eresh + a backup support Scathach, which didn't work so well because I didn't pack enough dispels to make sure I can actually attack.

Second time through I basically played a stall team with Medusa Lily, Merlin and Skadi---lost Merlin because once the bar breaks a single buster crit does 20k or something, but since BB was right behind him it meant I picked up a dispel and a stun in return, so the fight ended basically immediately after that. (Since Medusa Lily does 1.5 million damage per NP for some reason---probably because the buffs from rice balls have outrageous numbers on them.) The fact that I swapped to the Atlas Mystic Code also helped---all three skills are extremely relevant for the fight.