Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

21 hours ago, Skurge said:

sent a request. I have a sorta shitty lineup too! (VLad/Tamamo/Jack are the only ones that seem to get used by others.)

I feel you. Karna and occasionally Emiya are the only ones on my support team that get any use.

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Azure Sen Sent you a request. Hope I can help!

Nice Karna btw

I appreciate any help I can get.

Karna is the result of me using way more Fous than I realized I was using on him, just because I got so excited that I pulled him at all. Not gonna complain though, Karna's the best.

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

Fuck does anyone have those gold servants they forgot existed? I rolled medea lilly in that filler banner after gudaguda and idk if she's gonna be worth using in the long term. I guess I could use her with tamacat to debuff the stun? I mean she's a pure healer.

I regularly forget that Atalante and Tamacat exist, even though the former I got lucky with on a ticket and the latter I pulled on my starter roll.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

I feel you. Karna and occasionally Emiya are the only ones on my support team that get any use.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Karna is the result of me using way more Fous than I realized I was using on him, just because I got so excited that I pulled him at all. Not gonna complain though, Karna's the best.

I regularly forget that Atalante and Tamacat exist, even though the former I got lucky with on a ticket and the latter I pulled on my starter roll.

you get the cats.

hell, I keep wondering why i forget tamacat exists when she was my second gold servant. I even rolled tamamo right after her.

Yolo pull tamamo lancer in summer go go go

I have a suspicion that nero doesn't wanna show up to a chaldea that's had tamamo's in it since the first week.

spoilers from datamine

27164626_1739155302772208_6869944613009234290_o.thumb.jpg.b8712859097337a782d9ecbc0ea14a13.jpg

Ivan the terrible huh

What kinda ruler class would that be?

Edited by Czarpy

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Is Iskandar worth it? I've heard he's underwhelming, which is sad.

He is worse Drake, basically. He has better stats in HP and Atk, Charisma and a Mana Burst for his NP, making him hit quite a bit harder than her.
... Problem is that he has far less NP gain than her. Less hitcounts, doesn't have Golden Rule or Pioneer of the Stars and compared to Drake's Star gain he has to actively hit things to produce a similar count (though his Mana Burst boost his Star generation and the NP hits eight times which is decent).
Ionian Hetaroi has a Def debuff ... but 10% at base and maxes at 30% with full Overcharge. He got an NP interlude but it adds Crit Down instead of magnifyng the better effect. It makes you want to cry how bad it scales.

Seriously, why did he get Tactics? The rest of his kit is pretty cool all in all but this is one of the worst skills alongside Instinct and Iskandar really needed some boost on his NP gain. I really hope that he gets a Strengthening for it that fixes his problem because for a limited SSR (and 50% of Fate/Zero) Gawain's treatment seems pretty tame.

... He is also my biggest fear considering all my Quartz will be dedicated to him. If I don't get him I will be very dead inside.

@MrSmokestack ... Did you just say NP2 Stheno? What evil sorcery is this?

Edited by Zeratul

17 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Alongside NP2 Atalante, NP2 Carmilla and NP3 Martha. At least the latter two are actually worth using though. I got Stheno in my starter roll after d'Eon, and again sometime during Moon Harvest when I got my first 5* CE.

Someone, somewhere, really doesn't want me to play this game, do they?

Edited by MrSmokestack

FA's Diarmud because the lancer node's up and why the hell not.

He's got one job, help out during Fate/Zero. As for being a lancer, I sure hope he's not as bad as his boss is. I mean two spears=better, right?

oh hey i got Cu to max level. is he worth grailing?

31 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

FA's Diarmud because the lancer node's up and why the hell not.

He's got one job, help out during Fate/Zero. As for being a lancer, I sure hope he's not as bad as his boss is. I mean two spears=better, right?

Probably the best 3* Grail but kinda overrated at that because the accepted best grail target is Herc and Cu is basically Irish Heracles

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

He is worse Drake, basically. He has better stats in HP and Atk, Charisma and a Mana Burst for his NP, making him hit quite a bit harder than her.
... Problem is that he has far less NP gain than her. Less hitcounts, doesn't have Golden Rule or Pioneer of the Stars and compared to Drake's Star gain he has to actively hit things to produce a similar count (though his Mana Burst boost his Star generation and the NP hits eight times which is decent).
Ionian Hetaroi has a Def debuff ... but 10% at base and maxes at 30% with full Overcharge. He got an NP interlude but it adds Crit Down instead of magnifyng the better effect. It makes you want to cry how bad it scales.

Seriously, why did he get Tactics? The rest of his kit is pretty cool all in all but this is one of the worst skills alongside Instinct and Iskandar really needed some boost on his NP gain. I really hope that he gets a Strengthening for it that fixes his problem because for a limited SSR (and 50% of Fate/Zero) Gawain's treatment seems pretty tame.

... He is also my biggest fear considering all my Quartz will be dedicated to him. If I don't get him I will be very dead inside.

They DO improve Iskander NP gain. It goes from dumpster fire into average

And lets be honest for a second here the main reason Iskander sucks is Ionian Hetairoi. 

I mean if Caesar is an SSR even with 3rd being a selfish skill hed be better than Iskander just because Crocea Mors is better than that shit

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Screenshot_2018-01-21-23-07-30.png.b3acb409e79e9631b6dc8707fb33d332.png

my waifu came on a ticket roll, all is good in the world.

now it's the long grind to stash lancer cards just for her, for use after the event.

Edited by Czarpy

8 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Yes. Considering his kit and Lancer having an base 1.05x multiplier he is a very good 3* to grail.

And EX rank luck strikes again!

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

They DO improve Iskander NP gain. It goes from dumpster fire into average

And lets be honest for a second here the main reason Iskander sucks is Ionian Hetairoi. 

I mean if Caesar is an SSR even with 3rd being a selfish skill hed be better than Iskander just because Crocea Mors is better than that shit

He has still worse NP gain than Drake though and that's the problem with him defining a niche. At least she can realistically spam hers and supply you with Crit Stars, so she stacks up the damage but Iskandar has serious trouble to fill his NP gauge a 2nd time and beyond, even with his now Saber-like NP gain.

Ionian Hetairoi does pretty decent damage all things considered but that's because he has 3(!) ways to buff it. He reaches around the same mark as an Buster ST NP with a multiplier upgrade or a normal Buster ST NP with Mana Burst. That's pretty good for an AoE.
Problem is that both side effects have the worst scaling in the game and Crit Down is pretty useless on top of that. I would have understood a straight Atk debuff or a much higher base multiplier on the Def Down but no they screwed up.

Maybe we get another Rider Iskandar with Gordius Wheel ... (or it's his Tactics Upgrade).

4 hours ago, The Geek said:

broke down and whaled for Bryn (partly because I'm getting a raise at my job).  In the process of getting Bryn I got Mordred, a third Jack, a second Fran, Tamamo Cat, and two Fionns.

Sooo, you got her, right? right?

Edited by Zeratul

25 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Yes. Considering his kit and Lancer having an base 1.05x multiplier he is very good 3* to grail.

He has still worse NP gain than Drake though and that's the problem with him. At least she can realistically spam hers, so she stacks up the damage but Iskandar has serious trouble to fill his NP gauge a 2nd time and beyond, even with his now Saber-like NP gain.

Ionian Hetairoi does pretty decent damage all things considered but that's because he has 3(!) ways to buff it. He reaches around the same mark as an Buster ST NP with a multiplier upgrade and that's not bad for an AoE.
Problem is that both side effects have the worst scaling in the game and Crit Down is pretty useless on top of that. I would have understood a straight Atk debuff or a much higher base multiplier on the Def Down but no they screwed up.

Maybe we get another Rider Iskandar with Gordius Wheel ... (or it's his Tactics Upgrade).

all things considered, isn't Iskandar really popular among fate fans solely because of his fate/zero portrayal? I'd imagine lots of people saving or whaling for him.

holy fuck i didn't realize Jalter comes like a month from now. I'm gonna roll on the KnK event once and save everything else to try for a shot at jalter.

(checks banner list)

Is Medb any good? I'm curious for varying reasons that are completely healthy.

Edited by Czarpy

5 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Sooo, you got her, right? right?

Sorry I thought I made it obvious.  Yes I did.

5 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Is Medb any good? I'm curious for varying reasons that are completely healthy.

IIRC Medb is not considered very good.  I don't remember what makes her weak but I seem to remember that being the case.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

This thread is not good for my heart health. Sorry @Czarpy but I’m putting you on ignore once the Jeanne banner drops

I’ll just finish leveling my Carmilla today and save all exp from this point forward for Shiki

I thought you were anti-bulli. Karma will come and bite you

why does dw keep making the low rarity riders so decent. I mean the only real flaw with them seems to be that horseshoes are a total bitch to get. 

12 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I thought you were anti-bulli. Karma will come and bite you

I mean I don’t want to die of an aneurysm if I burn all of my Jeannu quartz for ~300 mana prisms only to open up Serenes and see you pull her off of a yolo ticket

But seriously, no hard feelings. It’s great you’ve gotten all those SSRs! There’s only two or three that I really want and I’d be fine with having just those. Who needs SSSSSSSRs when you have Nero

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I mean I don’t want to die of an aneurysm if I burn all of my Jeannu quartz for ~300 mana prisms only to open up Serenes and see you pull her off of a yolo ticket

But seriously, no hard feelings. It’s great you’ve gotten all those SSRs! There’s only two or three that I really want and I’d be fine with having just those. Who needs SSSSSSSRs when you have Nero

Gacha game threads are hilarious with reactions though. Like there's a smitten of trading people do on fb fgo groups to get accounts with their waifus.  After hearing about the shinjuku outfit, I kinda want to go for jalter but then saber shiki comes right before it hnnng. 

There's a shitfest on fb right now with shishou fans fighting Bryn fans over the best 5 star  Lancer in na and it's hilarious. 

Now all I need for my fgo is to open serenes and have eclipse screenshot a Gacha roll with 5 siegfrieds or fions in a row.

38 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Gacha game threads are hilarious with reactions though. Like there's a smitten of trading people do on fb fgo groups to get accounts with their waifus.  After hearing about the shinjuku outfit, I kinda want to go for jalter but then saber shiki comes right before it hnnng. 

There's a shitfest on fb right now with shishou fans fighting Bryn fans over the best 5 star  Lancer in na and it's hilarious. 

Now all I need for my fgo is to open serenes and have eclipse screenshot a Gacha roll with 5 siegfrieds or fions in a row.

Side 1: SHISHOU IS BEST

Side 2: NO BRYN IS BEST REEEEE
Facts: Lalter is the best for like 2 years alongside everyone from Lancerpocalypse 1, until Karna get buffed, then Karna is the best before Lancerpocalypse 2

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Tamamo Lancer and Lancer Raikou are way better if we’re talking about gameplay.

If I don’t get Jeanne Alter, I will grail Alter Santa Lily to 100, with 10/10/10 skills. Mark my words. Quote me if you have to.

Or I could, you know, buy an account with Jeanne Alter on it. I don’t know how I’d go about doing that though.

I would add @Sire but he spent money on the 5* gacha if I recall correctly. @eclipse has some catching up to do! You’re 5-4 in the lead right now.

15 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

how is Lalter the best? KscopeMana burst AoE NP?

Shishou is a Quick Lancer which is autobad while Bryn is a s u p p o r t Lancer with a weird kit and NP. Lancer Alter has a job and she does it better than the other two Buster Meme and crit

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

If I don’t get Jeanne Alter, I will grail Alter Santa Lily to 100, with 10/10/10 skills. Mark my words. Quote me if you have to.

Or I could, you know, buy an account with Jeanne Alter on it. I don’t know how I’d set that up though.

I would add @Sire but he spent money on the 5* gacha if I recall correctly. @eclipse has some catching up to do! You’re 5-4 in the lead right now.

Shishou is a Quick Lancer which is autobad while Bryn is a s u p p o r t Lancer with a weird kit and NP. Lancer Alter has a job and she does it better than the other two Buster Meme and crit

Tamamo Lancer will come. Both forms popped up in my chaldea on tickets within my first two weeks of playing.

I've got shit luck when it comes to CEs though. I'm relying on event CEs and stuff like limited zero and MLB dragon's meridian. Hell I'm grateful MHX popped up so I don't get my ass handed to me if I have situations where I need more assassins beyond Jack since we don't have access to any AoE Assassins until the KnK event.

man I can't wait until we get America and Billy the Kid. I've heard he's a good crit archer and he's not story locked. 

I've heard geronimo is shit though. Why do casters keep getting fucked like that.

17 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

how is Lalter the best? KscopeMana burst AoE NP?

Her skillset is literally Mana Burst Charisma Self modification. Thats actually the skillset of more than half the top tier in JP, and was so good that when DW created Raikou all they did is copy paste her skill, and they take her hitcount and give +1 into it

Her only issue is her buff lasting a turn, but Blessing have Instinct Tied on it. The only servant who have anything simmilar is Lancelot but Lancelot have Instinct and Innocent Monster EX+ so he doesn't count

Honestly i would even put Rama above Okita if Rama have Instinct as one of his skills

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Or I could, you know, buy an account with Jeanne Alter on it. I don’t know how I’d set that up though.

Shishou main issue is really NP gain, and her 2nd skill being able to miss make her a bit worse in theory. Although with Merlin Meme meta, i actually think she's underrated as all hell. She have a very strong Merlin synergy when you think about it since Merlin allows Shishou to gamble evasion, and the NP gain allows her to use Game Boy Advance multiple times for tons of Stuns. Idk why she isn't rated a bit higher in memelist(although its probably because the 9.0 bracket is fucked up and 7.5 servants are broken as shit)

Bryn is actually underrated imo and her main problem comes from a bad 2nd skill and low power mana burst(and Mana Burst flame being trash).  If you think of her 3rd skill as a pure offensive buff, she's basically reverse Karna with a REALLY DAMN GOOD NP, and a solid NP gain. Personally i think Absorb is a better buff to have atm since theres only so much stars you can get, and Waver/Hans provides you with CDUP, and on CE choice Bazzet is a weaker overall CE than Buster Up, as much as i like Bazzet Lalter

Honestly i'd rank them Lalter > Bryn > Sca, even disregarding that Sca at current time is supposed to be such a bad servant that she's probably a 4* that got 5*'d for money grabbing

25 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

.I've got shit luck when it comes to CEs though.

Lots of event CEs are good at least. Fate/Zero, Christmas 2017 (2018), and DaVinci and the 7 Fake Heroic Spirits are events I can name off the top of my head with exceptionally good CEs. Empieta is incredible and Holy Night Dinner is just ridiculous.

I’ve still never pulled Imaginary Around or Kaleidoscope. I haven’t spent too many quartz but I was hoping I could at least get one of each 5* CE before pulling repeat Heaven’s Feels or stuff like that.

I've heard geronimo is shit though. Why do casters keep getting fucked like that.

Um. Casters are easily the best class in FGO. For every Geronimo there is a Waver, Merlin, and a Tamamo. It’s actually very hard to make a Caster bad unless you design them to do something they aren’t supposed to be doing, like dealing damage. Looking at you Babbage.

I’m looking forward to Kid Gil and Nightingale personally.

11 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly i'd rank them Lalter > Bryn > Sca

I mean that’s exactly my ranking as well so no arguement there.

Mana Burst Flame is pretty good though. Making the NP more damaging in exchange for making your other two Buster cards slightly weaker is a very fair trade considering the NP makes or breaks most units. And for a niche one like Bryn she needs hers to hit hard to be worth considering. Other than that though, her second skill is awful and her 3rd skill is alright.

Star Absorb seems like the solution to fix your card rng if your team doesn’t have good stargen. Once you have a very high amount being pumped out consistently, like 35-40+, it starts to lose value though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Lots of event CEs are good at least. Fate/Zero, Christmas 2017 (2018), and DaVinci and the 7 Fake Heroic Spirits are events I can name off the top of my head with exceptionally good CEs. Empieta is incredible and Holy Night Dinner is just ridiculous.

I’ve still never pulled Imaginary Around or Kaleidoscope. I haven’t spent too many quartz but I was hoping I could at least one of each 5* CE before pulling repeat Heaven’s Feels or stuff like that.

Um. Casters are easily the best class in FGO. For every Geronimo there is a Waver, Merlin, and a Tamamo. It’s actually very hard to make a Caster bad unless you design them to do something they aren’t supposed to be doing, like dealing damage. Looking at you Babbage.

I’m looking forward to Kid Gil and Nightingale personally.

I mean that’s exactly my ranking as well so no arguement there.

Mana Burst Flame is pretty good though. Making the NP more damaging in exchange for making your other two Buster cards slightly weaker is a very fair trade considering the NP makes or breaks most units. And for a niche one like Bryn she needs hers to hit hard to be worth considering. Other than that though, her second skill is awful and her 3rd skill is alright.

Star Absorb seems like the solution to fix your card rng if your team doesn’t have good stargen. Once you have a very high amount being pumped out consistently, like 35-40+, it starts to lose value though.

Yeah but lets be real here the only servant who could 35-40 super consistently without Merlin is Jack and Gyarados neither of which make use of Crit that well compared to crit skillset servants. Less 2030 can also means Prisma Cosmos

And some class have Star weight low enough that you need to go all the way before they can really crit, Lancer is arguably one of them