Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

On 1/21/2018 at 4:25 PM, Zeratul said:

Let me guess ... Horseshoes?

Yeah. Horseshoes are my main bane for ascending Servants, as well as Forbidden Pages and those Cogs. Although at the moment I am in need of basically everything...

On 1/22/2018 at 2:55 PM, MrSmokestack said:

I would add @Sire but he spent money on the 5* gacha if I recall correctly.

I did. My first 5* was Orion which I got from the normal summons and my second 5* was Tamamo Mae from the paid gacha. Then suddenly 3 MHX decided to show up when I was trying for Saber Alter & Nero.
Man, I hope there is another run of the Lancer / Assassin ember daily. I wasn't able to farm the last one due to work and my recent purchase of a Nintendo Switch & Fire Emblem Warriors.

I haven't been thinking too hard about the Valentine's event yet because I've been occupied with other matters. Hopefully my team comp will be able to get the job done!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out I can use some Gold EXP on Arash to free up some space. Good thing I had just enough Ascension Materials for his FA. Sorry, buddy, you will die a lot from now on ...
Unfortunately I will have to farm 4 Seeds for Asterios after Valentine since Arash took 3.

41 minutes ago, Sire said:

Yeah. Horseshoes are my main bane for ascending Servants, as well as Forbidden Pages and those Cogs. Although at the moment I am in need of basically everything...

Well, at least there will be an event where you can get rid of your trouble with these materials ... permanently.

I just realized I'm sitting on a pile of archer pieces that likely won't get use until kid gil or billy the kid pop up. Guess the FGO archers were all worth ascending.

yay FA euryale and david's upcoming FA. idk if I should pump exp into mozart/shakespeare right now since I've got hans/tamamo as support casters. Do we have events where supports are removed?

-when does Ushi get her evade?

-Do we get any servants to add to the FP gacha bronze ones?

-What do we get for the first year anniversary?

- how are the remaining 3* servants we've got yet to get? Like, how good are taiga/bedivere/hundred faces/serenity/etc.

-Is prisma illya/kiritsugu worth rolling for? I do like their source materials.

-What's the deal with the Count of Monte Cristo? I hear he's rare as hell and gets really badly outclassed by Jalter.

-If we do reruns of events we've completed, do we get more copies of that particular welfare servant for rare prisms?

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

- how are the remaining 3* servants we've got yet to get? Like, how good are taiga/bedivere/hundred faces/serenity/etc.

-What's the deal with the Count of Monte Cristo? I hear he's rare as hell and gets really badly outclassed by Jalter.

-If we do reruns of events we've completed, do we get more copies of that particular welfare servant for rare prisms?

1.  Don't know

2.  None added to the summon but for the second anniversary we get a free 1* Servant:  Paul Bunyan.  She's pretty good.

3.  IIRC Taiga is okay, Bedi is best 3* Saber, Hundred Face I don't know, Serenity starts out underwhelming but gets buffs later on that make her the debuff master.

4.  Prillya is meh purely due to being an offense-based Caster, who are hardly ever that good (I think the only exception is post-SQ Xuanzang).  Kerry I've heard is also pretty meh.  But if you like them you should roll for them.  You get Chloe for free from the event, and she's one of the best welfare Servants alongside Biker Kintoki.

5.  Monte Cristo/Dantes is the first Avenger that comes to the game.  He's a limited 5* who's only been available a couple of times.  Jalter beats him because Dantes is Quick-based while Jalter created the Buster crit meme meta.  Jalter's main thing is that she has the single highest Atk stat in the game and the lowest HP of all 5* Servants (making her the opposite of normal Jeanne who has the highest HP in the game and the lowest Atk of all 5* Servants)

6.  Yes, I believe when the reruns come around we'll get more copies of the welfare Servant that we can then turn into Rare prisms.  IIRC Rare prisms won't be that useful until the 4* Fou cards are introduced.

2 hours ago, Sire said:

Man, I hope there is another run of the Lancer / Assassin ember daily.

It will be up again this Thursday.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Great.  I have to level my Nobu.  I have someone in all the other classes except Archer.

You say that like it's a bad thing. But what about Robin Hood?

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Well, at least there will be an event where you can get rid of your trouble with these materials ... permanently.

Seeds are going to be hell to grind up for a long time though.

If I overflow on exp I will dump it on Euryale since I can max ascend her with the materials from this event.

5 minutes ago, The Geek said:

6. Yes, I believe when the reruns come around we'll get more copies of the welfare Servant that we can then turn into Rare prisms.  IIRC Rare prisms won't be that useful until the 4* Fou cards are introduced.

Welfare servants do not give rare prisms when burned. Or does that only apply to Saber Lily? I burned my sixth copy of her and didn't get a rare prism.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Not a Valentine's bonus unit.

There are no bonus units in this event, though. You can equip the Chocolate CEs on anyone and, provided you are running the correct "Bitter" 40AP version of the quest, will recieve a boost to your droprate.

You'll still need to get Nobu's Chocolate CE if she is your only female archer, but any unit can equip it once you've obtained it.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

There are no bonus units in this event, though. You can equip the Chocolate CEs on anyone.

COOL!

The MEN are going to carry me through this event!  Mostly out of protest. :P:

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

I just realized I'm sitting on a pile of archer pieces that likely won't get use until kid gil or billy the kid pop up. Guess the FGO archers were all worth ascending.

yay FA euryale and david's upcoming FA. idk if I should pump exp into mozart/shakespeare right now since I've got hans/tamamo as support casters. Do we have events where supports are removed?

Illya suffers from being AAANPB and her NP gain is bad. Her skillset is literally Saber Liz in practice(aka i have Mana burst and invul) and her NP is Buster up overcharge with a slight downside. Shes apparently an ok solo servant post strengthen

Compared to Sanzang, Sanzang have 2 skills that is oriented towards NP gain, her overall cards are better and she have higher attack. In fact due to how taunt works her 2nd is also an np gain skill. Sanzang didnt have invul and her burst should be lower than illya though. Sanzang 3rd skill is a worse version of Fionn but thats still a damn good skill

I personally think Sheba is the lord of offensive caster, her cards are kinda bonkers and he avoided offensive servant issue of being selfish by having one of the best team buff

Iirc Hundred Face is somewhat popular after strengthen. Her NP applies arts debuff which multiplicatively increases damage by 20% on arts. You can combo this with Yew Bow for even moar damage

Bedivere is basically Mordred if Mordred have Alondite Overload as NP and its about as good as it sounds. His overall skillset looks weirdly weak and have Mash Tier scaling but at the end of the day you mainly use him for NP charge into Alondite overload for easy damage(theres some utility from his third). He would have been the ultimate budget servant if not for being story lock. The big thing about Bedi is that he have Interlude so hes noticably stronger than most servant of his class.

Dantes is basically an AOE Assassin with giant attack stats. Basically a version of Berserker Lancelot with no way to use his own stars without extra push. His NP gain is actually ok when factoring Golden Rule

52 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Seeds are going to be hell to grind up for a long time though.

While it's not easy to farm them en masse, Seeds drop pretty often during Knight dailies or if you have to farm Horseshoes on the dreaded Okeanos node.

1 hour ago, The Geek said:

how good are taiga/bedivere/hundred faces/serenity/etc.

Taiga is an incredible Buster Lancer.
Bedivere is pretty solid stat-wise and his NP is Buster ST which he can reliably fire off thanks to his 2nd skill and above-average NP gain (for a Saber). Compared to Caesar he is more selfish but hits way harder.

Problem with both is the story lock on them. Especially Bedivere wants NP2

Hundred Faces has an odd kit but for a 3* Assassin that's pretty good. The only problem is the NP gain and chance-based increase on the 2nd skill.

Serenity is pretty bad. She pretty much exploits debuffs but the effects on her NP are chance-based.

Fuuma Kotarou is easily the best Star generator for budget players and compared to Hassan he is more support-oriented which fits better to his main role. His Ninjutsu skill is a targetable Evade. But just like any 3* or lower Assassin he deals poor damage and his 3rd skill is pretty situational.

welp

I'm wondering who to put as my berserker support slot. vlad, lu bu, asterios, or tamacat. 

man I've been going through my friends list and using every lancelot with a kscope. it's "np boost"->NP->NP gather and I get two waves cleared. I kinda wonder if saberlot is even better than this.

anyone else kinda wish MHX had her second and third skills combined with the whole "anti-saber" thing as a passive? it'd make her a better team slot member for saber ember farming with nobu.

somehow I now have someone on my friends list with a grailed mata hari. I salute that one individual for what I thought of doing but was too hesitant. I still remember the horror that was the mata hari node from gudaguda.

but in all seriousness, what's the point of stheno again when mata hari is a fucking FP 1* servant who does the same same gimmick in the same class? 

Let's see if I can get mata hari to level 90 after the KnK event. 

Spoiler

I'm a little confused as to the time cutoff of summonable servants. Tesla died in the 40s, Li shu wen died in the 30s, and mata hari died in ww1. With the upcoming act 2 stuff I hear they're putting in simo haya. 

At this point what else could they put in the game? slutty genderbent loli adolf hitler ? I wouldn't really be surprised. but that's the fun part.

if we're getting finnish folklore, there's epics to work with that haven't even been alluded to in the fate franchise asfaik.

I mean we've still got to get through the rest of the 12 paladins of charlemagnes court. Then the rest of the argonauts. Then we've gotta have a ruler class Fion that isn't total shit.

If it's possible, lancer/rider Wu Kong please. Idk how it would work, you could even make him a quick based servant and it'd probably work.

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

welp

I'm wondering who to put as my berserker support slot. vlad, lu bu, asterios, or tamacat. 

man I've been going through my friends list and using every lancelot with a kscope. it's "np boost"->NP->NP gather and I get two waves cleared. I kinda wonder if saberlot is even better than this.

anyone else kinda wish MHX had her second and third skills combined with the whole "anti-saber" thing as a passive? it'd make her a better team slot member for saber ember farming with nobu.

Saberlot is a different kind than Zerkerlot. Zerkerlot more or less uses his NP to fuel his Buster crit 

Saberlot is basically a critical support who somehow have an offensive skillset. Hes basically power creep version of Liz Caster

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

I'm a little confused as to the time cutoff of summonable servants. Tesla died in the 40s, Li shu wen died in the 30s, and mata hari died in ww1. With the upcoming act 2 stuff I hear they're putting in simo haya. 

At this point what else could they put in the game? slutty genderbent loli adolf hitler ? I wouldn't really be surprised. but that's the fun part.

if we're getting finnish folklore, there's epics to work with that haven't even been alluded to in the fate franchise asfaik.

I mean we've still got to get through the rest of the 12 paladins of charlemagnes court. Then the rest of the argonauts. Then we've gotta have a ruler class Fion that isn't total shit.

If it's possible, lancer/rider Wu Kong please. Idk how it would work, you could even make him a quick based servant and it'd probably work.

Spoiler

I'm not sure there really is a time cutoff for servants.  Mostly the excuse for fewer 'modern' servants is that humanity as a whole is weaker than in the past, so it's harder for modern humans to be recorded in the Throne, rather than any specific cutoff.  Though I think specifically for Act 2, a lot of the servants are going to be from alternate timelines, like the summonable Musashi and Arthur.

Loli Hitler already exists outside of Fate, sort of.  Mostly it's a fan nickname for the protagonist of Youjo Senki, though she doesn't actually do anything truly Hitler-ish.  It might be difficult for TM to do an actual loli Hitler without being called a rip-off though.

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Saberlot is a different kind than Zerkerlot. Zerkerlot more or less uses his NP to fuel his Buster crit 

Saberlot is basically a critical support who somehow have an offensive skillset. Hes basically power creep version of Liz Caster

are you fucking kidding me?
I have a ton of copies of knight's tactics. Would they work on him?
(Liz caster huh, does saberlot have an aoe np?)

4 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

I'm not sure there really is a time cutoff for servants.  Mostly the excuse for fewer 'modern' servants is that humanity as a whole is weaker than in the past, so it's harder for modern humans to be recorded in the Throne, rather than any specific cutoff.  Though I think specifically for Act 2, a lot of the servants are going to be from alternate timelines, like the summonable Musashi and Arthur.

Loli Hitler already exists outside of Fate, sort of.  Mostly it's a fan nickname for the protagonist of Youjo Senki, though she doesn't actually do anything truly Hitler-ish.  It might be difficult for TM to do an actual loli Hitler without being called a rip-off though.

Spoiler

Japan huh

welp if we're involving alt universes, that explains type moon asking about what collab fans want. there's plenty of stuff that TM has that would work. Tsukihime event anyone?

I'm just wondering what's gonna happen when we get another america based chapter. Didn't nasu joke about Saber/Berserker Lincoln?

Camelot is gonna be a pain in the ass to do isn't it?

How good is ozymandias? I will probably roll for him since he's an arts rider. 

Since we got kid gil, is it possible to get kid cu or kid asterios

Ozymandias is an offensive support with a niche for making units with Imperial Privilege extremely good. He has a Buster STNP but he’s not there to dish out the damage as he is to make the rest of your team hit harder.

Camelot won’t be too bad since we have so many archers. Euryale alone can oneshot Gawain or leave him with next to nothing.

Sounds like the ultimate roma buff.

Did DW make the archer class servants purposely good just for Camelot? I mean with the archer welfare being amazing and the FP gacha archers being really good: it just seems like they just wanted a "fuck you" button solely for Camelot.

Ugh do we get a decent arts Lancer? I don't mean fion btw

7 hours ago, Czarpy said:

are you fucking kidding me?
I have a ton of copies of knight's tactics. Would they work on him?
(Liz caster huh, does saberlot have an aoe np?)

Hide contents

Japan huh

welp if we're involving alt universes, that explains type moon asking about what collab fans want. there's plenty of stuff that TM has that would work. Tsukihime event anyone?

I'm just wondering what's gonna happen when we get another america based chapter. Didn't nasu joke about Saber/Berserker Lincoln?

I mean Liz Caster in a sense that Lancelot's Knight of Honor produces 15 stars for 3 turns(on 6 CD) while Liz Caster is 12 Stars for 3 turns on 5 CD. He's a passive star generator who happen to have offensive skillset which is all tied together by his amazing NP(the side effect of this NP is, which overall makes him really damn good esp when judged on standalone. Something like Mash Saberlot David is probably a solid crit squad just because of Saberlot's way of work whereas say if you run Mash Lancer Alter david, you'd need Anniversary Blonde or some 2030 to make it fully works

....and Mash/Nobu/David is like "bro did you even try building properly"

6 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Camelot is gonna be a pain in the ass to do isn't it?

How good is ozymandias? I will probably roll for him since he's an arts rider. 

Since we got kid gil, is it possible to get kid cu or kid asterios

Ozy is Buster Rider, and he's basically Waver as an offensive servant

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I mean Liz Caster in a sense that Lancelot's Knight of Honor produces 15 stars for 3 turns(on 6 CD) while Liz Caster is 12 Stars for 3 turns on 5 CD. He's a passive star generator who happen to have offensive skillset which is all tied together by his amazing NP(the side effect of this NP is, which overall makes him really damn good esp when judged on standalone. Something like Mash Saberlot David is probably a solid crit squad just because of Saberlot's way of work whereas say if you run Mash Lancer Alter david, you'd need Anniversary Blonde or some 2030 to make it fully works

....and Mash/Nobu/David is like "bro did you even try building properly"

Ozy is Buster Rider, and he's basically Waver as an offensive servant

welp.

I'm all giddy for the tamamo SQ. 

mash/nobu/david sounds hilarious. it's something i'd do while half-asleep.

5 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

welp.

I'm all giddy for the tamamo SQ. 

mash/nobu/david sounds hilarious. it's something i'd do while half-asleep.

Mash Nobu david would work if you have like 90.000 2030s to enable Demon King lol

I leveled Euryale to 70 purely on a whim. There are still 150 exp cards guaranteed from the next two events, so with a full second archive and some ember grinding I’ll make up for the lost exp easily.

I’m going to do Tamamo’s interlude before the actual event. That 2k HP heal is too good to pass up.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Mash Nobu david would work if you have like 90.000 2030s to enable Demon King lol

2030? what's that? :P:

All my gacha luck goes straight to servants. I think the last 5* CE I got was a limited zero back in december.

do we ever get a servant that can use the "goddess core" passive that euryale has, but with actual gold stats? 

man buster team servants never seem to pop up at my chaldea. If my trend of getting homicidical women continues, I might even grab Pent-whatshername. Idk if she's any good, but the Illiad remains almost untapped by DW with the exception of Achilles, Hector, and the mention of RHo Aias. Fucks sake we don't even get a single fucking mention of Odysseus in any type moon work?

21 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

do we ever get a servant that can use the "goddess core" passive that euryale has, but with actual gold stats?

For as much flak as Stheno gets, she actually has average stats for a 4* assassin (for comparison, Shiki has about 100 less attack and HP, Carmilla has 300-ish more attack for about 1k less HP).  Her main issue is her NP, I think.

Other than that,

Spoiler

Irisviel, Quetzacoatl, Ishtar, Pavarti, Ereshikigal, Passionlip and Meltryllis are all gold servants that have various levels of the same skill. 

It's not really that big of a deal though, as it's just Divinity combined with Magic Resistance in one skill.

Edit:

Regarding your complaint about Odysseus, while we haven't seen him specifically:

Spoiler

Circe becomes summonable later.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi