Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't get Mind's Eye initially because he doesn't have the skill in lore.  Mind's Eye is the ability to read your opponent in combat (True relies on battle experience, False relies on instinct), and Robin just isn't very good at combat.  He's best at sneaking around and setting ambushes, which is why he has Sabotage and an NP that relies on it for damage.

No Face May King is a NP that allows Robin to hide really well, so they were able to use that to give him a Mind's Eye substitute for his strengthening at least.

We don't know.  Robin's part of the 4th round of strengthening quests, which was July 2016 in JP.  NA is generally 2-4 weeks ahead of JP, which normally would mean that we'd get it in June or so.  However, the localization team has stated that Strengthening and animation updates can be released early.  A number of servants launched with their animation updates (Altria, Gil, Emiya, Altera and Vlad, maybe some others), and we got the FSN servant update back in December, which was considerably before JP got it in comparison.  We're getting Strengthening 1 now, while it was released late March 2016 for JP.

Basically, we can predict when we get events and stuff, because those are still generally following the JP schedule.  We can't really predict animation updates or Strengthening because they aren't (though Strengthenings seem to be happening in the same order as JP, just not the same schedule).

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

48 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

We don't know. 

Part 4 of Strengthening came along with the 1st Anniversary so I would expect it at that date (June, 25th). We're probably getting these so early, so they can follow the schedule (since JP anniversary is a month later compared to the US one).

While Part 4 is cool and all for Robin, Martha and Emiya, Part 3 is the real deal, friends.
- Medea's targetable Debuff removal
- Euryale's Art Boost
- Shakespeare's targetable NP charge
- Arash's NP charge
- Ushiwakamaru's Dodge
- Kiyohime's & Asterios' Mana Burst

Though @JSND Alter Dragon Boner eagerly awaits Part 5.

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Part 4 of Strengthening came along with the 1st Anniversary so I would expect it at that date (June, 25th). We're probably getting these so early, so they can follow the schedule (since JP anniversary is a month later compared to the US one).

Didn't realize it was specifically with the anniversary, but the rest of my post still stands.  They could decide it should be sooner (for example, just doing 1 a month would give use part 4 in May, not June).  So it should be no later than anniversary, but we don't actually know for certain.

It'll probably be easier to tell once we get part 2, so that we can see how long they likely to wait between each one.

Edit:  Part 1 is roughly 1.5 months early, rather than an expected 1 month if we just shift Strengthenings around for anniversary.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

While Part 4 is cool and all for Robin, Martha and Emiya, Part 3 is the real deal, friends.
- Euryale's Art Boost
- Arash's NP charge
- Ushiwakamaru's Dodge

Mana burst kiyohime sounds like a more painful polygamist castration fist

Shakespeare's gonna get to FA sometime. Buster buff and targetable NP gain sounds lovely for farming.

Edited by Czarpy

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

- Euryale's Art Boost
- Arash's NP charge
- Ushiwakamaru's Dodge

I mean lets be honest here, Part 5 is arguably the most absurd of the upgrade pool, 1 of them are really good since it buffs a vast majority of servants in the game, 2 of the budget options are really nice, and it have inarguably the single most game changing buff on a servant in the history of the game since Enuma Elish

Part 3 was a really nice budget deal, but i really doubt they can top the sheer quality buff on Part 5 just because of that

unless part 7 have a sick Cu buff for no reason and part 8 suddenly gave Lancelot NP Interlude then lol

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I was looking at the bait banner that is currently running. Apparently you can get Caster Gilles on it and I need him back for his Interlude.
So I tried my luck with the 15 tickets I stored up and got:
- A dozen of the new 3* CEs (only 1 Temple, meh)
- 1 Babbage (my first one to be exact, so nice to have)
- 1 Medea Lily (sorry, girl, but I already have you and your older self is far more useful; to the Rare Prisms pyre with you)
- 1 Kaleidoscope (... what? How did that happen? Not that I'm complaining though, 3 turn sweeps on Ember quests are now in my hands)

These were fine 15 tickets indeed. Let's hope that won't have repercussions later on.

Edited by Zeratul

Apparently the Chaldea Lunchtime CE (the Bond EXP bonus) should appear in October of this year. I want to try and save up for that. (I just got one Mona Lisa, I am not planning on MLB it since it is so expensive and I am poor).

Since I doubt I'll be able to get the 1k Mana Prisms from the current Valentines event, any ideas on future events that give plenty of Mana Prisms so I can MLB Chaldea Lunchtime?

47 minutes ago, Sire said:

Since I doubt I'll be able to get the 1k Mana Prisms from the current Valentines event, any ideas on future events that give plenty of Mana Prisms so I can MLB Chaldea Lunchtime?

The next event has another 1000 Prisms ready. This time it is a 1:1 ratio with the gold currency instead of Valentine's 10:1 with its chocolate.

That is if we get the next event. Since the bait banner ends at the 8th of Februrary, we will soon know more, I wager.

3 hours ago, Sire said:

If you play the events from KnK till lunchtime, you should have plenty enough prisms. Future events stars to shit prisms out! This started with the lotto on christmas or ladder on saber wars, but became a regular item on shop/rewards so don`t fret.

If you go on a hiatus and/or do not play any of the events inbetween it might be trickier

edit: KnK will have 2k total prisms: 1k from shop and another 1k from mission rewards

Edited by QKumber

Now the real question is whether KnK will start next week, since that's the difference between an easy MLB Mona Lisa or furious 30AP ember grinding. I'm expecting it will start after the last Strengthen comes out but there's no way to tell right now.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Now the real question is whether KnK will start next week, since that's the difference between an easy MLB Mona Lisa or furious 30AP ember grinding. I'm expecting it will start after the last Strengthen comes out but there's no way to tell right now.

Just how far are you away from MLB?
There are still 2 weeks left until Mona Lisa expires so it should be possible to get it if you have 4 copies.

So, one last-minute rush for chocolate gave me a LOT of pages, some Crystals, the Forbidden Lore, a few Snake Gems, and a bunch of 'zerker monuments.

Also tried my ticket luck on the Knights banner.  Was worth it, since I finally pulled another d'Eon!  I also pulled. . .someone else, that won't make their debut until Camelot.  Maybe.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So, one last-minute rush for chocolate gave me a LOT of pages, some Crystals, the Forbidden Lore, a few Snake Gems, and a bunch of 'zerker monuments.

Also tried my ticket luck on the Knights banner.  Was worth it, since I finally pulled another d'Eon!  I also pulled. . .someone else, that won't make their debut until Camelot.  Maybe.

Spoiler

Euryale or Orion?

Just now, eclipse said:

Yes.

Eurayle is tempting, but she's competing with Robin Hood/David/Tesla.

Just do what I did and get all your archers to final ascension.

yeah I find Euryale's good, but I only got her a little late. So she rarely does important shit in my chaldea outside of nuking male bosses in arts archer teams.

Spoiler

I think you're gonna have a lotta fun with kid gilgamesh

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Just do what I did and get all your archers to final ascension.

yeah I find Euryale's good, but I only got her a little late. So she rarely does important shit in my chaldea outside of nuking male bosses in arts archer teams.

Reveal hidden contents

She's on the VERY back burner. The three I named have priority when it comes to embers/ascension (the latter which only applies to Tesla ATM).

I don't think I'm going to see another male 5* for a very long time.  Tesla's grumpy.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

She's on the VERY back burner. The three I named have priority when it comes to embers/ascension (the latter which only applies to Tesla ATM).

I don't think I'm going to see another male 5* for a very long time.  Tesla's grumpy.

Spoiler

I'd actually get a chuckle if it turns out to be gilgamesh

1 minute ago, Czarpy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, he's a little boy, so maybe.  Still, it would explain why I pulled so many MHX, with nary a male servant in sight (except that one Siegfried who somehow slipped in).

MHX invaded everyone's chaldea.

like i'm surprised at seeing how many SF fgo players have her, it's kinda funny. Now if only the same thing happens when Merlin gets released.

oh yay saber daily. Guess I'll just go farm some more pages and get that bond exp levelled up. I need those SQ and golden apples.