Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t wait to Grail Ascend my Salter too. Only 8 monuments left!

Has anyone else here experienced any issues with loading cutscenes for the Okeanos quests? I’ve had the audio cut off randomly twice and the scene wouldn’t progress by tapping the screen, so I had to skip it.

Restarting the app seemed to resolve the issue, but I don’t know if othe people are experiencing this or if the update didn’t install properly on my end.

19 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I can’t wait to Grail Ascend my Salter too. Only 8 monuments left!

Has anyone else here experienced any issues with loading cutscenes for the Okeanos quests? I’ve had the audio cut off randomly twice and the scene wouldn’t progress by tapping the screen, so I had to skip it.

Restarting the app seemed to resolve the issue, but I don’t know if othe people are experiencing this or if the update didn’t install properly on my end.

My app randomly crashes.  IMO this isn't the most stable update.

Just now, eclipse said:

My app randomly crashes.  IMO this isn't the most stable update.

This is likely. Every time I update I notice it goes through the whole startup animation before taking you to the title screen, and while summoning units and upgrading skills etc I notice the game has to load the assets for images again. Ironic how it’s “optimized” for the new OS and it’s less stable than before. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon, if it is on their end.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Unless said translation was DUMB

Ur dum

https://imgur.com/a/8na7H

100 day log-in rewards + revamped dailies:
-10 4* EXP cards
-10,000,000 QP
-2 Tickets
-2 Golden Fruits
-1 of each 3* Fou

I'm fucking hyped for the new dailies. My Waver isn't gonna be stuck in mat-hell anymore.

16 hours ago, Magus of Flowers said:

The meme-lording or the, ahem, 'other thing'...

Both.

From a purely practical standpoint, those lines were more disgusting than Ephraim.  But to carry over such. . .horror to another language. . .that requires hard work and talent.  So props to the localizers for making Blackbeard equal parts creepy and pathetic.

1 hour ago, Magus of Flowers said:

https://imgur.com/a/8na7H

100 day log-in rewards + revamped dailies:
-10 4* EXP cards
-10,000,000 QP
-2 Tickets
-2 Golden Fruits
-1 of each 3* Fou

I'm fucking hyped for the new dailies. My Waver isn't gonna be stuck in mat-hell anymore.

AW HELL YES!

Now can they pretty-please make it easier to get 'zerker experience cards?  Lancelot's been stuck at sub-60, and it's driving him even more insane.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Both.

From a purely practical standpoint, those lines were more disgusting than Ephraim.  But to carry over such. . .horror to another language. . .that requires hard work and talent.  So props to the localizers for making Blackbeard equal parts creepy and pathetic.

That's the thing though. In my opinion, they did too good a job at getting him across as a creep, so even though I know he's a comedy character, I can't derive any humour from it because I'm just legitimately disgusted.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Now can they pretty-please make it easier to get 'zerker experience cards?  Lancelot's been stuck at sub-60, and it's driving him even more insane.

I don't think any changes are made to the experience card quests, just the Mats. Sorry m8.

16 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

That's the thing though. In my opinion, they did too good a job at getting him across as a creep, so even though I know he's a comedy character, I can't derive any humour from it because I'm just legitimately disgusted.

I don't think any changes are made to the experience card quests, just the Mats. Sorry m8.

I can be both horrified by a work and admire the effort it took to make it work.  First, no one actually talks like that outside of the Internet.  Second, this is a series where Francis Drake's hair is pink, my fighting force consists of women at the vanguard, and the enemies are a bunch of creatures from myth (among other things).  Thus, I didn't take Blackbeard's lines at face value.  Instead. . .

Spoiler

I saw it as "the worst of otaku culture meets actual women".  It also felt like a bit of self-reflection, since F/GO has some pretty questionable art (who the fuck thought Boudica's clothes were a good idea?).  When I see it as a statement pointing out some of the less-than-stellar trends in anime, it became a lot more enjoyable.

Perhaps what did it for me was "If you don't tell me your name, I'll dream about you!~".  Blackbeard knows he's being creepy, and he really doesn't care.  That kind of self-awareness is pretty amazing.

EDIT: @MrSmokestack actually she leaves me alone.  I think she saw my army of men and got the hint.

Edited by eclipse

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I can be both horrified by a work and admire the effort it took to make it work.  First, no one actually talks like that outside of the Internet.  Second, this is a series where Francis Drake's hair is pink, my fighting force consists of women at the vanguard, and the enemies are a bunch of creatures from myth (among other things).  Thus, I didn't take Blackbeard's lines at face value.  Instead. . .

Reveal hidden contents

I saw it as "the worst of otaku culture meets actual women".  It also felt like a bit of self-reflection, since F/GO has some pretty questionable art (who the fuck thought Boudica's clothes were a good idea?).  When I see it as a statement pointing out some of the less-than-stellar trends in anime, it became a lot more enjoyable.

Perhaps what did it for me was "If you don't tell me your name, I'll dream about you!~".  Blackbeard knows he's being creepy, and he really doesn't care.  That kind of self-awareness is pretty amazing.

Oh don't get me wrong, Aniplex did an amazing job adapting him, it's just that the way it plays out creeps me out too much to find it funny. If the reactions of the women had been a little bit more dismissive/contemptuous I could find some humour in it, but the way the scene plays out is disturbing to me. I probably wouldn't be as bothered if I hadn't spent so much time on r/CreepyPMs recently, but eh...

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Magus of Flowers All I saw was 0 Saint Quartz for Jeanne Alter.

I cry everytime.

Don't worry mate. When the Scathach banner arrives, you will know of my pain ;-;

Edited by Magus of Flowers

1 minute ago, Magus of Flowers said:

Oh don't get me wrong, Aniplex did an amazing job adapting him, it's just that the way it plays out creeps me out too much to find it funny. If the reactions of the women had been a little bit more dismissive/contemptuous I could find some humour in it, but the way the scene plays out is disturbing to me. I probably wouldn't be as bothered if I hadn't r/CreepyPMs recently, but eh...

Don't worry mate. When the Scathach banner arrives, you will know of my pain ;-;

My reaction to a guy who did that would be pretty similar to the other women's reactions - start with slack-jawed disbelief followed by a burning rage.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My reaction to a guy who did that would be pretty similar to the other women's reactions - start with slack-jawed disbelief followed by a burning rage.

Pretty much my point exactly. Blackbeard is fine as he is, but the reactions of the other women are (subjectively speaking of course) 'too real' for what is on paper a comedy scene. But again, I've been spending a lot of time on the CreepyPMs/BluePill/JustNeckbeardThings side of the internet recently, so that's probably half the problem.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

NO SABER IS ON SUNDAY

RIP.

Anyway, I can't wait til Friday. Trying to get Caster Gems has been brutal.

EDIT: Second Okeanos Rate-Up is out, featuring Orion, Medea Lily and Herc!

Edited by Magus of Flowers

49 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

Well if you can be a bit more patient, she has a rate-up along with Scathach and 2030 Fragments latter on.

Hmm... Scathach event is likely to be in December, right?  Don't know if I'll be able to hold on to my quartz that long.