Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

HP Demerits are very overrated and they’re often tacked on to the strongest skills in the game. We don’t talk about Eric and Jing Ke NP. Just look at Jeanne Alter’s Ephemeral Dream. It’s a very, very small price to pay for all those buffs.

Even if Shiki’s battery is objectively “worse” compared to other battery skills, it is still very good when you consider that Shiki has a fairly high HP cap for a 4*, and the demerit doesn’t even scale as the skill’s level increases.

Demerits in general are rarely bad. Even Arash’s demerit can be considered an advantage since you can bring someone else to replace his crappy stats after he NPs to clear a wave.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funnier part of that era is that they overhyped Saber Shiki.
Who, apart from her class and rarity, is inferior to her regular form in almost every single way.
Even better her 3rd skill is the inverse of Assassin Shiki's. Guess which one is more valueable.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

HP Demerits are very overrated and they’re often tacked on to the strongest skills in the game. We don’t talk about Eric and Jing Ke NP. Just look at Jeanne Alter’s Ephemeral Dream. It’s a very, very small price to pay for all those buffs.

Even if Shiki’s battery is objectively “worse” compared to other battery skills, it is still very good when you consider that Shiki has a fairly high HP cap for a 4*, and the demerit doesn’t even scale as the skill’s level increases.

Demerits in general are rarely bad. Even Arash’s demerit can be considered an advantage since you can bring someone else to replace his crappy stats after he NPs to clear a wave.

Well there's also using demerits like hans innocent monster without levelling it. But that's sort of a beginners mistake.

20 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

The funnier part of that era is that they overhyped Saber Shiki.
Who, apart from her class and rarity, is inferior to her regular form in almost every single way.
Even better her 3rd skill is the inverse of Assassin Shiki's. Guess which one is more valueable.

Yeah but is saber shiki worth using and investing in?

Man fgo in 2015/16 sounds like the gamefaqs FE era.

50 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Well there's also using demerits like hans innocent monster without levelling it. But that's sort of a beginners mistake.

Man fgo in 2015/16 sounds like the gamefaqs FE era.

Saber Shiki is literally Arturia except replace the word "Buster" with "Arts"

37 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Saber Shiki is literally Arturia except replace the word "Buster" with "Arts"

But that means she's better than artoria

She can spam the np on an arts team.

If I do get her, I'm gonna try that.

Does Mozart after his SQ pair well with saber Lancelot? I might just be having some good chuckles with that down the line.

Lol max manaburst on a Salter that's been boosted to guaranteed crit plus David's charisma and the anniversary mystic codes Mana burst.

Those numbers are fun. The embers never stood a chance in hell.  NPBB chain with 100% crit is a silly kind of overkill, especially when you remember that class advantage is basically have 2x the stats of the opponent.

7 hours ago, Czarpy said:

But that means she's better than artoria

She can spam the np on an arts team.

If I do get her, I'm gonna try that.

Does Mozart after his SQ pair well with saber Lancelot? I might just be having some good chuckles with that down the line.

Lol max manaburst on a Salter that's been boosted to guaranteed crit plus David's charisma and the anniversary mystic codes Mana burst.

Those numbers are fun. The embers never stood a chance in hell.  NPBB chain with 100% crit is a silly kind of overkill, especially when you remember that class advantage is basically have 2x the stats of the opponent.

I dont think its physically possible to make a servant that pairs badly with Lancelot lol. Mozart is almost textbook bad pairing for Lancelot but its obvious its not that bad

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I dont think its physically possible to make a servant that pairs badly with Lancelot lol. Mozart is almost textbook bad pairing for Lancelot but its obvious its not that bad

Scherezade

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Explain.

Here's a KnK event guide to read through, including one that doubles as ASMR.

not ASMR, banned :P:

Thanks for the guide!  Looks like I'll rely on my supports for the appropriate CEs, since this event just isn't doing it for me, banner-wise.

goddammit Vlad's almost at level 80.

guess who's gonna be swallowing all the embers i get from morning farming.

Spoiler

man I don't get this double summon thing I read about. Apparently Semiramis is a caster+assassin when summoned? Also Billy the Kid gets to access to a weird rare "gunner" class?

also what's this about sun wukong being too powerful for a holy grail war?

23 hours ago, Czarpy said:

No. Unless she is your absolute favorite ever she isn't really worth using.
As JSND said she is Arts Artoria with slightly better skills and passives. She can stack up more damage but her stats are pretty bad for that purpose her only skill for sustain is her 3rd skill which drains her NP gauge. To be fair her NP is kinda bad damage-wise though the debuff cleanse is pretty good.

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

Looks like I'll rely on my supports for the appropriate CEs, since this event just isn't doing it for me, banner-wise.

You're in luck in a way since KnK doesn't really need heavy Gacha CE stacking, say like Halloween or GudaGuda. The most important ones are from the shop because they help you to spawn more specific enemies and you have the option to get all 5 copies (though you only need 4 for 100% spawn rate).
Spawns are also far more important in terms of quests which give you the juicier rewards.

9 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

No. Unless she is your absolute favorite ever she isn't really worth using.
As JSND said she is Arts Artoria with slightly better skills and passives. She can stack up more damage but her stats are pretty bad for that purpose her only skill for sustain is her 3rd skill which drains her NP gauge. To be fair her NP is kinda bad damage-wise though the debuff cleanse is pretty good.

You're in luck in a way since KnK doesn't really need heavy Gacha CE stacking, say like Halloween or GudaGuda. The most important ones are from the shop because they help you to spawn more specific enemies and you have the option to get all 5 copies (though you only need 4 for 100% spawn rate).
Spawns are also far more important in terms of quests which give you the juicier rewards.

this means to rely on Whales doesn't it

Well assassin shiki looks fun to use. Is it just me or did they make the welfare for that event super good and made the cash cow limited servant kind of mediocre.

6 hours ago, Czarpy said:

this means to rely on Whales doesn't it

Well assassin shiki looks fun to use. Is it just me or did they make the welfare for that event super good and made the cash cow limited servant kind of mediocre.

Its really because for their gimmick Saber Shiki actually made more sense besides the yin yang part. Aoe insta kill have its worth in some farming map

Alao just wait for later this year where we'd get the stupidest wellfare ever

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Its really because for their gimmick Saber Shiki actually made more sense besides the yin yang part. Aoe insta kill have its worth in some farming map

Alao just wait for later this year where we'd get the stupidest wellfare ever

Kintoki rider, right?

I have heard good things about him. Most of those things keep talking about never needing another bosskilling rider

Welp, I didn't expect to hear awesome music on the very first fight of the event. I had to pause just so I could listen to the thing. I guess I definitely will try to be marathoning Kara no Kyoukai this weekend and see what all the hype is about. I just hope I have time to do this event properly...

Spoiler

8OieAPA.jpg

Damn you, game. You know exactly, what you are doing.

@Sire
Just going to warn you right now:
If you watch the Kara no Kyoukai movies in chronological order you will end up confused and miss a great deal of information, making the experience less cohesive. Most people I know rewatch the movies in the order, they're supposed to be afterwards, doing effectively a double marathon.

And yes, the music is Kajiura greatness. He composes the score for Heaven's Feel btw.

Just out of curiosity, would enemy rate up or drop up be more useful to have on support servants?

5 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

And yes, the music is Kajiura greatness. He composes the score for Heaven's Feel btw.

You know Yuki Kajiura is a woman, right?

Edited by Azure Sen

8 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

You know Yuki Kajiura is a woman, right?

... Woops.

8 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

Just out of curiosity, would enemy rate up or drop up be more useful to have on support servants?

Drop up, easily.
Every player can have the enemy rate-up CEs but the drop-up CEs are all Gacha-exclusive, so they are less accessible. On top of that there is no point to ever have more than 4 enemy-rate up CEs compared to drop-ups which you can stack up indefinitely for more currency.

11 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

If i watch Kara no Kyoukai would there be cute people doing cute things like my bro Prisma EMIYA

How about ... no? Kara no Kyoukai is more ... mature in tone, though "heavy" and "mysterious" are probably better terms for it.

Edited by Zeratul

53 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

Probably enemy rate up CEs since we’re still on day one of the event. It’s better to focus on clearing the shop towards the end so having rate up CEs on support to help people with their missions right now is better.

used two tickets in an attempt to get an event gacha CE (the one with touko in the artwork looks like it'd be really handy.) got a holy shroud of magdalene and that 5* one that boosts arts cards by 25%

no real complaints. useful stuff.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Probably enemy rate up CEs since we’re still on day one of the event. It’s better to focus on clearing the shop towards the end so having rate up CEs on support to help people with their missions right now is better.

1. You want to rush rate-up CEs as soon as possible. Especially the "Chorus" one before you reach Apartments 40X-50X (seriously do this before anything else).
2. The early currency drops are quite slim in number (only 1 per drop). Drop CEs will give you more without having to have 4 of them unlike the Rate-Up CEs.
3. Early Quests don't require too many enemies. In conjunction with other quests you end up doing roughly the same amount of grinding.
3. Rate-Up CEs are mostly wasted on story quests.

These informations are something I would like to have known before I reached the 50X apartments. Rate-Up CEs only matter later on where Drops become more bountiful (say 3+ per drop) and quest requirements become absurdly high. But if you reach that point you should have enough currency to buy the all rate-up CEs you need by yourself. Therefore it is much better to priotize drop CEs to get that early start on your shop CEs.

3 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

1. You want to rush rate-up CEs as soon as possible. Especially the "Chorus" one before you reach Apartments 40X-50X (seriously do this before anything else).

I'm lucky I got one of those from a random drop then, same with Summer's Futuresight (which I had already gotten from the store). Actually now I have all four with half of Floor 4 cleared.

Mash is so useful for all this CE juggling, she is the true VIP of this event.