Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Yeaaaaaah, no. Even Pre-buff Emiya deals more damage than Pre-Buff Siegfried.

Gotta love those Hearts from the Demon spawn though.

Broke the 90 mission mark. The only missions left are the Rider and Divine ones which aren't hard to get.

Pre Buff Emiya can't deal casual 100k on class advantage with a single support

I mean i agree he have dodge, but between Sieg's better overall card set, and huge burst potential vs Dragons(being basically STNP with the combo which allows free 3rd slot due to the combo servant being Taunter) i'd put him in a higher regard

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

For one, class penalty for Archers is 0.95. That puts Emiya at 8928 effective Atk. Siegfried has 8181 Atk which makes the difference more than 700 points.

Thought it was -10% for some reason, my bad.

Not to mention Emiya has an NP interlude and his NP ignores defense. On top of that Independent Action lets him crit harder, so Emiya's general damage output is definitely superior to Siegfried.

Ignore Defense won’t be too relevant until later, but UBW does have NP Upgrade going for it while Balmung is still waiting for Strengthening.

Independent Action gives a tiny buff. EMIYA really wants Hawkeye to get the most out of it.

Yes, his Magecraft skill is pretty much irrelevant aside from Arts Brave Chain but Siegfried has ... only Dragon Slayer to buff his damage. Obviously against Dragons Siegfried deals decent damage but outside of that? Pre-Buff Siegfried hits worse than a wet-noodle. It doesn't help that the rest of his kit is pretty bad as well while Emiya at least has Mind's Eye (True).

Dodge is good and it’s one of EMIYA’s advantages over Siegfried, but Dragon Slayer is still a pretty significant buff. There are a handful of units that are vulnerable to it already—one of which is the final boss of Garden of Order—not to mention the Georgios + Siegfried meme combo can turn stuff into dragons so Balmung hits them even harder. It’s a gimmick for sure but it’s there.

In my opinion, EMIYA is a generic arts crit archer that can be counted on to perform consistently regardless of who he’s facing, while Siegfried has a higher ceiling in terms of damage output in exchange for being relevant in fewer situations. The difference between the two will become more apparent later on when optimizing setups for the most damage, where NPBB Buster Brave chain boosted by Special Attack + Mana Burst will be hitting a whole lot harder than...Buster NP with some Arts crits.

Got all skill gems from the shop. Now to grind for Mana Prisms.

Edited by MrSmokestack

58 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Pre Buff Emiya can't deal casual 100k on class advantage with a single support that isn't Merlin

Fixed that for you.

22 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Independent Action gives a tiny buff.

Well, "tiny" compared to Hawkeye, yes. But effectively adding 16% more damage to each crit is pretty nifty.

I can see your point. In hindsight Emiya's general consistency makes him harder to build around, I suppose (like what is a good team for Emiya without gutting one of his strengths).

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Fixed that for you.

Well, "tiny" compared to Hawkeye, yes. But effectively adding 16% more damage to each crit is pretty nifty.

I can see your point. In hindsight Emiya's general consistency makes him harder to build around, I suppose (like what is a good team for Emiya without gutting one of his strengths).

EMIYAs lack of weight should basically forces him to either Bazzet meme or 2030 meme to get the most out of it i guess

6 minutes ago, QKumber said:

really? Emyia has troubling acquiring stars even tho he is an archer servant?

150 CW is neat but... i mean Nobu have like 1050

I think my point is less he have trouble getting stars and more "if you want to use him as a core crit user you need to go a step ahead". Although to be fair if you run like Waver/Herc/EMIYA he should crit consistently lol

Hmmm I mean, everytime I intend to use someone as a main CritDmg dealer, I usually create the comp around a single dmg unit

And when the unit happens to be an archer/rider, Star Weight usually isn`t the main issue - mostly it`s the lack of dmg buffs - in my exp

but yeah, if you use another archer or a rider as a support, I can see why he would have some troubles acquiring those stars indeed

I have this feeling that emiya gets shafted for early fgo na players if they get their hands on Nobu.

Like do you ever have a reason to use him for harder fights once you actually get her going? Not to mention the rarity of the goddamn gears and hearts he needs for Ascension.

3 minutes ago, QKumber said:

Hmmm I mean, everytime I intend to use someone as a main CritDmg dealer, I usually create the comp around a single dmg unit

And when the unit happens to be an archer/rider, Star Weight usually isn`t the main issue - mostly it`s the lack of dmg buffs - in my exp

but yeah, if you use another archer or a rider as a support, I can see why he would have some troubles acquiring those stars indeed

Yeah the lack of damage buff is very noticable if you went for poverty set up and run like Liz as star prod lol since that leaves 1 spot for damage buffer

I think its more about consistency i guess? I mean using the Herc Waver comp i mentioned, lets say you have Nobu up, 0 starting stars. You pop Blonde 2nd for some stars say 18

If your card spread is Waver/Waver/Nobu/Nobu/Herc, you'd probably get something like 20/30/60/60/10. Whereas Demon King Nobu would be like 100/70   with 10 on Waver. The weiight effect on the consistency is kinda notable.

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I have this feeling that emiya gets shafted for early fgo na players if they get their hands on Nobu.

Like do you ever have a reason to use him for harder fights once you actually get her going? Not to mention the rarity of the goddamn gears and hearts he needs for Ascension.

Post Buff EMIYA optimized kicked her ass. Kinda.

3 card Mana Burst and the strongest overall crit skill in the game. Nobu kick him away against Divine though

It takes a bunch of ridiculous skill revamps to make a popular character with a spammable np viable. I'm still waiting to hear them give this treatment to fsn artoria.

I look forward to running the gudaguda honnoiji rerun with a maxed out Emiya. Should be fun. 

Is it just me or is every archer gonna wind up being incredibly useful? I haven't heard of any of them sucking except for atalante.

Who runs waver/waver/Hercules?

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

It takes a bunch of ridiculous skill revamps to make a popular character with a spammable np viable. I'm still waiting to hear them give this treatment to fsn artoria.

I look forward to running the gudaguda honnoiji rerun with a maxed out Emiya. Should be fun. 

Is it just me or is every archer gonna wind up being incredibly useful? I haven't heard of any of them sucking except for atalante.

Who runs waver/waver/Hercules?

Once in a while

Pretty fun comp since you can BBB meme until boss and then just drop Stone Sentinel Maze x2 + Nine Lives with double ATK buff for hilarious numbers

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Once in a while

Pretty fun comp since you can BBB meme until boss and then just drop Stone Sentinel Maze x2 + Nine Lives with double ATK buff for hilarious numbers

don't forget the knight suit mystic code Targetable Mana burst?

I'm forcing myself to take a break from KnK lest I spend all my fruits.  The only CE I need is the Bunny, and I have to kill way too many skeletons to unlock 503.

Ghost-busting was a lot of fun with Medea/Caster Liz.  Third party member was either another Liz or Vlad.

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yeah the lack of damage buff is very noticable if you went for poverty set up and run like Liz as star prod lol since that leaves 1 spot for damage buffer

I think its more about consistency i guess? I mean using the Herc Waver comp i mentioned, lets say you have Nobu up, 0 starting stars. You pop Blonde 2nd for some stars say 18

If your card spread is Waver/Waver/Nobu/Nobu/Herc, you'd probably get something like 20/30/60/60/10. Whereas Demon King Nobu would be like 100/70   with 10 on Waver. The weiight effect on the consistency is kinda notable.

Yes in this case the lack of consistency might prove to be fatal - 60% crit chance is like ASKING for trouble :P

I still think a team like that is poorly designed for a crit user, but that`s just the way I see the game. I would prob give up on Herc`s dmg potential for something like Hans or CAH, and make my crit user a dedicated dmg dealer ALONE.

Dif approaches, neither is wrong or right!

In your case, for sure someone who can actively pull the stars without doubt would work much better!

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm forcing myself to take a break from KnK lest I spend all my fruits.  The only CE I need is the Bunny, and I have to kill way too many skeletons to unlock 503.

Ghost-busting was a lot of fun with Medea/Caster Liz.  Third party member was either another Liz or Vlad.

that IS a good idea. The moment the game starts to get boring you should take a break from the events

we still have more then enough time - go slow don`t go crazy on ap refils!

I recommend CasLiz + CasCu + Medea for some fun comps! I just like CasCu np so much giggle

3 minutes ago, QKumber said:

Yes in this case the lack of consistency might prove to be fatal - 60% crit chance is like ASKING for trouble :P

I still think a team like that is poorly designed for a crit user, but that`s just the way I see the game. I would prob give up on Herc`s dmg potential for something like Hans or CAH, and make my crit user a dedicated dmg dealer ALONE.

Dif approaches, neither is wrong or right!

In your case, for sure someone who can actively pull the stars without doubt would work much better!

that IS a good idea. The moment the game starts to get boring you should take a break from the events

we still have more then enough time - go slow don`t go crazy on ap refils!

I recommend CasLiz + CasCu + Medea for some fun comps! I just like CasCu np so much giggle

Yeah i really used the Herc example more for the star distribution. Realistically speaking i'd just go Liz - Waver - DPS

Farming Zombies is not fun. I still have 100 left to go to clear the quest, and after that I am done. If only I can muster up the willpower to do 802 about 10 more times... // Also, RIP my login streak. I had about 115 days, and now I'm back to 1. Basically being out of commission for an entire day sucks. (As far as I know, only the total number matters for the big stuff instead of consecutive, but still.)

Currently, I'm focusing on trying to clear out all the rooms. Then I'll start focusing on clearing out the shop, focusing on Ghosts (Bottles), Dolls (Ice Cream), and the Vengeful Spirits (Cats). Any remaining missions will be done afterwards.
In other news, I watched 2 episodes of Kara no Kyoukai. It is nice to pierce together everything (especially with some info with this crossover event), but while I am watching them in broadcast order, I am keeping the chronological order in mind while watching them. Connecting the "bouquet" thing was rather enjoyable.

35 minutes ago, Sire said:

If only I can muster up the willpower to do 802 about 10 more times...

Save your sanity and do 101 or 401 instead. The latter gives you Darius for the Berserker mission and 101 is much less tedious compared to 802. If you don't want to go through fighting super Umu over and over it's the better alternative and I don't think you get that many points for other missions either (except if you didn't do 500 of X mats).
It takes a couple of fights more but life is about trade-offs, right?

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

EMIYAs lack of weight should basically forces him to either Bazzet meme or 2030 meme to get the most out of it i guess

I can't wait for Chaldea's Boys Collection (oh boy, I have already seen @eclipse around the corner) for that sweet 5* CE. +300% Star Absorb should be plenty to give Emiya his Stars from UBW.

So I pulled this guy just now with my event SQ (spoilered for size): 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180213-212541.png

I should be happy, but I can't help but be a little sad that it wasn't Jeanne because of bias.

7 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20180213-212541.png

I should be happy, but I can't help but be a little sad that it wasn't Jeanne because of bias.

hey I have vlad and tamamo on my supports, hint hint.

You pulled waver. what's not to like aside from the ascension costs?

chaldea boy's collection sounds stupidly OP. Like I can just see the fun of slapping it onto Lu Bu while running hans+jack and then getting an NPBB chain with guaranteed crits, attack buffs, and crit damage up.

but it's chaldea lunchtime that i really want because bond exp increasing is just tooooooo good.

3 hours ago, Zeratul said:

I can't wait for Chaldea's Boys Collection (oh boy, I have already seen @eclipse around the corner) for that sweet 5* CE. +300% Star Absorb should be plenty to give Emiya his Stars from UBW.

You know me far too well!

40 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, that's great!  Who needs invincibility when the enemy's too awestruck by Waver's sexiness to move?

I used some STs, and made this event a lot less painful.  I hope Repeat Magic stays, because it's so good!

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You know me far too well!

Wow, that's great!  Who needs invincibility when the enemy's too awestruck by Waver's sexiness to move?

I used some STs, and made this event a lot less painful.  I hope Repeat Magic stays, because it's so good!

gonna have fun with kintoki huh.

mana burst NP buster brave chain is probably going to kill anything short of major bosses.

I just found out that there ain't much that lives through Lu Bu's NPBB chain with mana burst, 100% crit, gilgamesh+david's+caesar's charisma stacks, tactics, and incite EX all stacked on him.

Poor UmU Bride got hit by something that does not happen under normal circumstances. I'd shudder to think of those buffs going onto something ridiculous like Hercules or our future Jean Alter. 

If Merlin makes this kinda set-up guarenteed to happen, then I can see how crazy strong Cock Caster is.

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

gonna have fun with kintoki huh.

mana burst NP buster brave chain is probably going to kill anything short of major bosses.

It already does.

Source: Room 603.  Or what's left of it.  The trick is getting Kintoki's NP up.  But once he does. . .

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It already does.

Source: Room 603.  Or what's left of it.  The trick is getting Kintoki's NP up.  But once he does. . .

just borrow my tamamo or any waver with high level skills. :p

do you have shakespeare ascended? I hear he's amazing as a cheap buster support that also has invincibility. (Besides he loves pretty boys too. Just look at Romeo...........oh wait.)

I have this feeling that You're gonna have fun with the Assassin of Shinjuku.

1 minute ago, Czarpy said:

just borrow my tamamo or any waver with high level skills. :p

do you have shakespeare ascended? I hear he's amazing as a cheap buster support that also has invincibility. (Besides he loves pretty boys too. Just look at Romeo...........oh wait.)

I have this feeling that You're gonna have fun with the Assassin of Shinjuku.

Issue with Tamamo is that her NP does no damage.  Great spellcaster support, but not in a Medea/Hans team!

Will get around to Shakespeare one day.  Should be fun with Kintoki/Tesla (Siegfried/Tesla on generic enemy farming days).

If the Assassin of Shinjuku has a buster NP and is good-looking, HELL YES.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Issue with Tamamo is that her NP does no damage.  Great spellcaster support, but not in a Medea/Hans team!

Will get around to Shakespeare one day.  Should be fun with Kintoki/Tesla (Siegfried/Tesla on generic enemy farming days).

If the Assassin of Shinjuku has a buster NP and is good-looking, HELL YES.

Spoiler

you should also enjoy Hijikata from one of the gudaguda events. I've read that he's a crit based berserker. Knowing you, I can see you picking up the two stars of the upcoming white day banner. grailed Astolfo

holy fuck I've got enough lanterns for most of my needs. Bryn and Rhyme can hit FA now.

Hey guys who's a better arts support investment without the SQ: Mozart, Boudicca, or Paracelsus?