Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

27 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Hmm... Scathach event is likely to be in December, right?  Don't know if I'll be able to hold on to my quartz that long.

On the JP version it started on the 9th of December, but who knows? Still probably looking at a late November/early December release. And hey, when the temptation to roll strikes, just roll it away on the gamepress summon simulator like I do!

Edited by Magus of Flowers

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Magus of Flowers said:

On the JP version it started on the 9th of December, but who knows? Still probably looking at a late November/early December release. And hey, when the temptation to roll strikes, just roll it away on the gamepress summon simulator like I do!

Well really what I mostly mean is that Caster Tamamo is coming later this month for the Halloween event and I am definitely rolling for her.  Roll for waifu.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Lancer mats has the really nice side-effect of dropping a lot of seeds.  d'Eon's now a single gold monument away from promoting. :P:

Tell me about it. If the seeds and plumes keep dropping like they have been, Cu's gonna hit max promotion soon enough.

3 hours ago, The Geek said:

>Caster Tamamo
>Roll for waifu.

C0jK63YWIAENgqo.jpg

45 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

Tell me about it. If the seeds and plumes keep dropping like they have been, Cu's gonna hit max promotion soon enough.

I just find it ironic that I'm getting a Saber's promotion materials off of a Lancer's quest.  Though the level requirements are much higher, I find it a lot easier than the old ones, since I can bring in a team strong against that weapon type, and go to town.  Yesterday was Saber Appreciation Day.  We shall see what today holds!

43 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I just find it ironic that I'm getting a Saber's promotion materials off of a Lancer's quest.  Though the level requirements are much higher, I find it a lot easier than the old ones, since I can bring in a team strong against that weapon type, and go to town.  Yesterday was Saber Appreciation Day.  We shall see what today holds!

Octuplet Twin Crystals mostly. There's a chance to get Talons as well, but considering that the drop rate is shit and Chimeras aren't guaranteed to spawn...yeah, good luck with that.

32 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

There's a chance to get Talons as well, but considering that the drop rate is shit and Chimeras don't have a chance to spawn...yeah, good luck with that.

Laughed out loud when I saw this.

Had a Black Grail-boosted Robin Hood oneshot the boss and was greeted with a Claw on my first run.

I love these new dailies.

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Laughed out loud when I saw this.

Had a Black Grail-boosted Robin Hood oneshot the boss and was greeted with a Claw on my first run.

I love these new dailies.

Oh trust me, I got two drops in a row from Septem when the free quests were only half AP and thought it wouldn't be too bad. The numbers don't lie though; if you check the google doc I posted, the average drop rate is 1 per 439.6 AP spent on the 30 AP quest.

5 hours ago, The Geek said:

Well really what I mostly mean is that Caster Tamamo is coming later this month for the Halloween event and I am definitely rolling for her.  Roll for waifu.

I... Wouldn't be shocked if I got her first roll. So far the only r5s I have are ones I "need" rather than the one(Kintoki) I wanted. Those two being Gilgamesh and Vlad III.

1 hour ago, The Geek said:

Don't you mock me.

Don't have such bad taste in waifus and I won't.

1 hour ago, Emeraldfox said:

I... Wouldn't be shocked if I got her first roll. So far the only r5s I have are ones I "need" rather than the one(Kintoki) I wanted. Those two being Gilgamesh and Vlad III.

I'm going to remember this post. Let's see how you go in two weeks or so.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:23 AM, Magus of Flowers said:

Don't have such bad taste in waifus and I won't.

you can't call someone's taste bad when you like scathach

anyways i decided to pick up english again for now since i don't feel like doing jp fgo right now, so we'll see how this mess goes.

4 hours ago, Sophie said:

Is it bad if I like both Tamamo and Scathach?

Did a 10-roll of the Okeanos 2 banner, and while I didn't get Medea Lily I ain't complaining about this.

Spoiler

oSs608n.jpg

41 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Is it bad if I like both Tamamo and Scathach?

Did a 10-roll of the Okeanos 2 banner, and while I didn't get Medea Lily I ain't complaining about this.

Reveal hidden contents

oSs608n.jpg

i don't mind her
she's just the most generic pick ever so

If any of you have me in your friend list I was finally able to promote Gilgamesh. Even with the new dailies feathers are still stupid.

9 hours ago, Sophie said:

3 hours ago, Sophie said:

i don't mind her
she's just the most generic pick ever so

Them's fightin' words.

4 hours ago, The Geek said:

Reveal hidden contents

oSs608n.jpg

Noice.

I desperately want to roll, but everything must be saved Shishou.

So, after a week of the new material quests. . .(somewhat out of order)

Saber - The ease of this quest is solely determined by whether or not Robin Hood's poison sticks.  If it does, he'll wick off something like 115K health off of the boss.  If not, it drops to 48K.  It's great for seeds, and after promoting d'Eon, I need a bunch of 'em!

Lancer - Shout-out to everyone that's sharing Altera, which makes this quest a lot less painful.  d'Eon/Siegfried is surprisingly effective.

Rider - The Savior of France does his thing again.  Thanks to effectiveness, he becomes a lot more tanky.  Marie can be irritating if she spams her invulnerability.  This is the quest I need to spam, since it'll take something like 35 teeth before I can upgrade everyone I want to.  That's before counting skills.

Archer - Thank goodness Romulus and Elisabeth both have power-based NPs.  It makes one-shotting Gilgadude a lot more feasible.  I hate enemy archer gauge with a passion.

Caster - It's kind of odd that Robin Hood wants the materials in here.  Waver's NP is annoying, but it does no damage, so I'm not in as big of a hurry to nuke him.  It works out, since Martha + Alexander do mediocre damage with their NPs.

Assassin - Screw enemy assassin gauge.  I only have one competent caster, so I'll do this quest once for the prisms, then ignore it.  The material I'm missing are ham bones, and I'm better off farming in Fuyuki for those.

Berserker - Wing and a prayer day!  Whether I get my NPs up in time is a gamble.  But if I do, the final battle becomes a stompfest.  Like the Rider quest, I'll need to go hard into this one.  Multiple people want those Crystals.

Overall - Since it's only one enemy type, counter-picking gives a lot of durability.  I'll have to split my time between these quests and the experience ones.  I'll hit 120 AP one day!

Yeah even in my JP account where I have several strong Servants at max level the 40AP Berserker dailies can still be pretty scary.  I'd devote more time to US version but there's so much stuff happening in JP version that I can't keep up.

Currently sitting on 65 Saint Quartz, and am uninterested in spending them.  I'm sure there will be a cool banner one day. . .but Tamamo isn't my thing.  Maybe if there's a cool 4* rate-up. . .

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Currently sitting on 65 Saint Quartz, and am uninterested in spending them.  I'm sure there will be a cool banner one day. . .but Tamamo isn't my thing.  Maybe if there's a cool 4* rate-up. . .

I dunno if you've seen this or something similar, but if you wanna know what banner you want to roll on...

Obviously it isn't 100% correct, but the order is roughly the same.

20 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

It'll be a while before I roll, then.  Next interesting banner looks like the Gilgamesh repeat.  After that, bleh.

2 hours ago, Magus of Flowers said:

The banners that interest me are the ones with Tamamo Cat, Passion Lip and the Knights of the Round Table. I will pull from the next one though.

The dailies aren't too bad. Except the 40 AP Berserker and Archer quests. Chimeras are rude and Gilgamesh is a jerk.

Double Cu stomps the Archer quest and buffed BG Hood nukes the Berserker. Easy mats overall.

I’m tempted to pull for Tamamo on the upcoming banner, but we’re getting NP5 Caster Liz which curbs the need for me to get another caster besides Hans.

Gotta save up for Jeanne Alter after all.