THE ULTIMATE OBORO IS HERE (Write-up)

Arcanite

OBORO  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How awesome is Oboro on a scale of 1-10?

So yeah it's the Oboro write up!

Why?

Spoiler

Cause she's the greatest!

How?

Spoiler

Me typing on this laptop!

When?

Spoiler

RIGHT NOW!

Who?

Spoiler

Me!

Where?

Spoiler

THE HEROES BOARD:

WHERE THE PARTY AT, Y'ALL!

Some background info on Oboro (copied and pasted from the wiki cause I'm lazy):

Spoiler

The wiki: "Oboro's family once owned a well-known kimono shop that bore strong connections to the royal family of Hoshido. These connections proved to be fatal to her parents, as the political and economic influence that they gained caused them to attract the attention of Nohr, resulting in them being ambushed and killed by a Nohrian assassin when they were en route to Nohr on a business trip. Oboro survived by hiding in a cart, and she was thereafter taken in by relatives who worked directly for the Hoshidan nobility. Through this connection, Oboro eventually learned how to wield the Naginata, thereafter enlisting as a soldier in the Hoshidan army. Some time after her enlistment, Oboro was appointed as one of Prince Takumi's personal retainers."

Oboro is by far the single greatest thing to happen to all of the fire emblem series, hands down! (Second greatest thing is Wolt for reasons)

Although she comes from a rough past, she is still able to be happy and very outgoing! She's helped kill mice, helped make peoples' clothes, and even helped someone run their store! Who would do such things? ONLY THE GREATEST PERSON EVER OF COURSE! Her cheerful attitude is contagious, and her interesting support conversations will make you smile :D:

BUT IF YOU'RE NOHRIAN SCUM YOU BETTER WATCH OUT CAUSE SHE'LL KILL YOU WITHOUT EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT (Unless your name is Leo)

Default Oboro:

Spoiler

Oboro is SERIOUSLY out classed by the other more popular Lance units in the game (They did that to tone down her amazingness from fates, smh). Ephraim, Sharena, Effie, and Azura are probably the top 4 lance units in the game (5 if you count Camus, but literally any unit on a horse is good LOL), and because of Oboro's stat spread, she can't exactly do much to top them since she isn't mini-maxed that much.

Neutral Stats:
40 / 32 / 26 / 35 / 24 (157)

Starting Skills:
Heavy Spear+
Rally Defense
Seal Def 3
Threaten Res 3

Note that Oboro suffers a -4 stat penalty if she takes HP as her bane, which will reduce her stat total by 1. She receives a +4 stat bonus if she takes Spd or Res as her Boon, which will increase her stat total by 1.

Her default kit sucks eggs. This is undisputed. Just IS being morons and trying to make a good unit look like trash smh.... As everyone knows, seal skills are for squares, and threaten skills are meh. Threaten Res on a unit with no magical attack is a little odd, though some might think that her purpose was to stand in range of enemies to lower their res for your mages standing in the back. That strat doesn't work too well heh And of course, to top it off we have the amazing Hevay Spear + to destroy those pesky armored units coming your way! Even though they can't move for jack and you'll probably have all of your units to deal with them anyway because they are nearly ALWAYS the last units to fight on the map!

Her defense is quite high, and her Res is pretty low, but that base 26 speed at 5 stars doesn't give her much to work with in terms of "to double or to not get doubled" if you know what I mean heh She's pretty much Effie with WAY less attack, less health, more speed, defense, and Res. It is also worth noting that Xander and Lukas both have a higher base defense at neutral, and can do similar things in terms of counter killing (though Xander is more focused on the Distant Counter aspect than the special trigger part of it).

Some people like to say that Oboro "Lukas but worse" or "Female Lukas" fricking scrubs

JUST TO RECAP:

+High base Def and above-average Atk for counterkilling builds

+Potential 2 CD Ignis offers solid burst damage, even while not being doubled.

-Disappointing speed

-Gets destroyed by mages

-Outclassed by Lukas, Xander, and other units running similar builds

Time to get down to the nitty grit!

Standard set:

Oboro: The QR Counter Killer of Awesomeness!!

Spoiler

Preferred Natures: [+Atk/+Def -Spd/-Res]

Oboro
40 HP / 50/47 ATK / 29/26 SPD / 41/38 DEF / 24/21 RES
Weapon: Killer Lance+
Assist: Rally Defense/Reposition
Special: Bonfire/Ignis
Passive A: Fury 3 (though Attack/Defense can also be used which I will explain later)
Passive B: Quick Riposte 3
Passive C: Hone Spd/Atk 3
Sacred Seal: Attack +1

NOTES YOU'LL PROBABLY WANT TO KNOW:

Spoiler

>She loses QR at 28 health

>+Atk seems to win the most matchups

>-HP could work, but 36 HP isn't that great

If you have a walnut for brains, You can easily see where I'm going with this, and why I would recommend the above natures. The idea of the set is that you can put Oboro down anywhere you want, in front of any melee unit, and they will literally drink bleach and die. If you have neutral defense with fury, the enemy is getting SMACKED UP by a NINETEEN damage Bonfire to the face, with 2 guaranteed hits on enemy phase because of QR. The base damage isn't too bad either, if you have +Atk (even neutral attack's 47 is great). -Spd may get you doubled more than you would want, in which case some people prefer to run Ignis over bonfire because that would charge on the 4th hit (Oboro gets hit > Oboro counters > Oboro gets hit > Oboro counters with Ignis) and do thirty damage as opposed to the 3rd hit with Bonfire (Oboro gets hit > Oboro counters > Oboro counters again with Bonfire) and do nineteen

Now, with regards to Fury and Hone Speed, the idea is for her to also sub as some sort of buff bot since she already has access to rally defense. Hone Attack is good too of course! The thing Attack/Defense is that, as of now, it's a pretty rare skill since you can only have it if you happen to have a spare Spring Chrom lying around from the Spring Festival banner a while back. The great thing about it is that it gives you the 2 things she needs from fury the most, without losing 6 HP after battle. She doesn't win as much matchups with it but it could potentially extend the life of Quick Riposte. You can also try Attack +3 or Defense +3 for the A slot though that does make you lose out on a few KOs!

Her Assist is somewhat flexible, but as EVERYONE knows, Reposition on anything is FLIPPING BROKEN if you don't want to do the "buff bot-esque" hybrid. The idea with it is to send her in to reposition an ally out of the way so she can stand in front and delete an enemy on enemy phase!

SO YEAH THAT IS THE SET

ALSO! SOMETHING ELSE TO NOTE:

Spoiler

YOU CAN ALSO TRY A LIFE AND DEATH QR COUNTER KILLER SET WITH +SPD AND KILLER LANCE

Psycho set:

Oboro: Sword Breaker of Life....... AND DEATH!

Spoiler

This is more of a joke set since I'm not sure how many people would like to promote Life and Death Fodder just to give it to Oboro of all people XD SO not as much material here:

Spoiler

Oboro [+SPD/-RES]
40 HP / 49 ATK / 35 SPD / 30 DEF / 16 RES
Weapon: Killer Lance+
Assist: Reposition
Special: Bonfire
Passive A: Life and Death 3
Passive B: Swordbreaker 3
Passive C: Hone Spd/Atk 3
Sacred Seal: Atk/Spd+1

>Kills most swords

>15 damage bonfire

>39 Speed when bufffed

>30 Defense even though she lost 5.... pretty high XD

>70 melee attack to one shot

It's a joke set but I find it crazy that she gets 96 wins with a speed buff HEH

EDIT 2:

Interesting set:

Oboro: Death by virtue of Bravery! (Yeah I don't know either)

Spoiler

Oboro [+ATK/-SPD OR -RES]

40 HP / 44 ATK / 21/18SPD / 35 DEF / 24/21RES

Weapon: Brave Lance+

Assist: Rally Defense

Special: Bonfire

Passive A: Death Blow 3

Passive B: Lancebreaker 3

Passive C: Threaten Res 3

Sacred Seal: Attack +1

Very easy to see the point in this one. Nothing is substituted here because everything is quite set in stone. You're essentially hitting anyone that stands in your way with 50 attack on player phase TWO TIMES IN A ROW. Most sword units aren't going to survive that, so lance breaker on the B can help her spill over some of her power in the territory of her own kind (lance units). Worth noting that any lance is going to catch a bonfire prod too depending on whether or not they die by the time it's ready.

/end EDIT 2

FINAL WORDS:

Oboro is not exactly the best lance unit in particular, but she's also not the absolute worst if you put in the inheritance necessary. Her defense is what makes her shine the most, and that is what you'd use as a baseline to establish her best sets (30 defense after Life and Death is CRAZY). Keeping her in range of QR is made a little easier on a defense tile, since- assuming she takes 0 damage- she can get 3 rounds of combat in before leaving QR Range. IS seriously nerfed her power in this game so I won't say EVERYONE should have an Oboro fully built just in case because she's a good unit to have, (even though she is) I'm just saying that if you want to acknowledge Oboro's power, these are the two sets you'd want to use!

Credit to best bud and fellow strategist @MrSmokestack for reading through this awesomeness and helping out A LOT! :D: (Amphy helped too ;)

Also, @Winsomniak for the matchup calculator! I'd like to thank my "mom" and "dad" as well.....

Oh and Nintendo! Yes and IS too! 

Spoiler

AND TO ALL YOU SCRUBS WHO SAID OBORO IS BAD:

Spoiler

Hope you have a nice day :D: 

SO YEAH THAT'S THE OBORO WRITE UP

THOUGHTS?

EXPRESSIONS?

BANTER?!?!

EDIT: Its worth noting that for the first set, you can also do a Fortress Defense type build, even though Lukas could do the set better. You won't get attack too high, but you'll have 40 defense (52 on a defense tile) with no Fury damage after the fact.

Edited by Arcanite

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems very FftF enthusiastic.

Your scale reminds me of some of my patients.

"What's your pain on a scale of 1 to 10?"

"12"

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

SO YEAH THAT'S THE OBORO WRITE UP

THOUGHTS?

EXPRESSIONS?

BANTER?!?!

So how does it feel to know that +Atk Oboro is literally +Def/-Spd Donnel except with worse hp?

Edit: Also, my main problem with Seal skills is that Seal Attack is probably the only one that matters. If you've fought something a round already, that thing doesn't need anymore debuffs to their defenses, hp (poison strike), or spd to die, so their Atk, their ability to kill things, is the only thing that matters.

Jeorge actually liked his Seal Atk a lot while training, since it lets him not die to things he can't quite ORKO.

Edited by DehNutCase

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

So how does it feel to know that +Atk Oboro is literally +Def/-Spd Donnel except with worse hp?

Didn't know, don't care :PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Cause Oboro is what we need in this world 

YOU KNOW IT!

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

This seems very FftF enthusiastic.

I HAVE TO BE ENTHUSIASTIC CAUSE SHE'S THE GREATEST EVER!

also, my twin needs to see this @Anime27Arts

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

My goodness... I heard the violent ripping of the literal fabric of space-time, and at that point, I knew...

ARCANITE HAS STRUCK.

MUAUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

THE POWER OF OBORO MUST BE KNOWN!

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

Oboro is literally the reason I am getting Birthright after Echoes.

THAT'S AMAZING <3

So happy to know that you understand her power, and want to see it in action! Woo hoo!

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

also, my twin needs to see this @Anime27Arts

This is....TOTALLY WICKED!!!! I am going to use this on my next Oboro.  Eventually I'm going to be like @SniperGYS and have a whole team of them in which my current one will be the mage killer. Mwhahahahahaha

On 6/26/2017 at 11:32 PM, Arcanite said:

MUAUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

THE POWER OF OBORO MUST BE KNOWN!

THAT'S AMAZING <3

So happy to know that you understand her power, and want to see it in action! Woo hoo!

I think you will appreciate this, as do i

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Your scale reminds me of some of my patients.

"What's your pain on a scale of 1 to 10?"

"12"

I believe pain charts exist to better standardize that.

Maybe have them refer to one when responding:

Spoiler

NXqQtdq.jpg

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Maybe I'll give that L&D build a shot someday... I want her firepower on Birthright back.

If you actually do that, I might just die from the happiness

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

IMG_0540.thumb.PNG.1b58ac3ab592f10ef586530e636c8b33.PNG

I'LL DEFINITELY BE USING THIS!

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I believe pain charts exist to better standardize that.

Maybe have them refer to one when responding:

Reveal hidden contents

NXqQtdq.jpg

I hate the 1-10 Pain scale, since it's so subjective and has no consistency from person to person.  One person's 2 is another's 6.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hate the 1-10 Pain scale, since it's so subjective and has no consistency from person to person.  One person's 2 is another's 6.

I'm starting to regret posting that poll now

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

please pin this

@eclipse You know you want to make it happen :awesome:

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Problems with the Discord app or something along those lines. Maybe poke Tangerine about it.

Ah, well, it's not that important that I have to bother the admins. At least to me.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If you actually do that, I might just die from the happiness

Btw, I just checked, +Atk Oboro with Heavy Spear does 34 damage to Celica on counter hit with Distant Counter, but dies on the second Ragnarok hit. If the Javelin ever gets released so she can carry Fury, I think she can actually just one shot L&D or any -HP/-Def Celicas when they attack Oboro.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think there actually is a standard (childbirth is 10, and then it goes down from there), but the way it's set up, patients are super likely to report a higher number than the one according to the set standard because of subjectivity. Arthritis hurts like shit but is only like, a 3.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy