Grand Hero Battle: Clarisse!

Vaximillian

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who do not have 5* Xander/Reinhardt/Camus/Cecilia dream teams, be not afraid.

Just beat lunatic with Y!Tiki, Tharja, Azura and... Frederick. A 4* Frederick, but with a Brave Axe.

Have Tiki break the wall & bait the swordie, kill swordie next turn, dance mounted brave axe user around the fort killing everything else, sweep up the leftovers with buffed Tharja.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Blade

F

I was thinking Hinoka Xander SCamila Dancer which could work provided SCamilla can ORKO Clarise(TA QR) and have an extensive combat with Blue Mage. Hinoka should be able to damage carry the rest(the bar for this is fairly light. My damage carry was Alfonse 4*)

Theres a strats with Xander where if you move him to the left, the AI will go Thief-> Repos-> Green Magi into Xander

Edited by JSND

Did Infernal with Xander, Camus, 4* Cecilia, and WoM Olivia. Getting Xander onto the defense tile above the breakable wall with a Rally Resistance was enough for him to tank everything in range and take out the horsies, after which Camus and Cecilia were safe to clean up everything else on the 2nd turn.

Unlike with Legion, horse emblem was able to clear Infernal on the first try.  Eldigan/Camus/Reinhardt/Priscilla. 

Reinhardt breaks the wall, and Camus Swaps into his position.  Under the influence of both Hone and Goad, the red cavalry suicides into Camus, and the rest of the enemies form a cluster by the defensive tiles.  Reinhardt has Bowbreaker, so no need to weaken Clarisse first.  Camus also has Bonfire ready to go after his first engagement, which allows him to kill the TA green mage after a quick heal from Priscilla.  Neither the remaining blue mage or the thief can kill Camus thanks to the defensive tile.  The rest is straightforward.  All Eldigan winded up doing was providing Hone buffs. 

33 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

"So, strategy is Reinhardt, with support from Reinhardt and, of course, Reinhardt. This works well, when you complete the team with Reinhardt" - Every GHB from now on. Oh IS, why did you create this guy...

Let's be fair: My M!Robin was actually the real champ of this map.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I cannot do Infernal... any tips?

A -raven + Triangle Adept 2/3 does wonders here. For your Xander, he could be the one to go all the way to the left if he can tank the Green Tome Cavalier's attack and kill on retaliation. That may depend on the build. I used Ryoma with Vantage 3.

-breakers to compensate for speed.

Unlike Legion, there are no reinforcements. You can try a healer for a defensive approach.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I am disapointed in this infernal. Legion Infernal was really a nice challenge and this was just ugh.

They wanted to give us a break I guess? lol

Perhaps they figured "let's give the other players a better chance at doing infernal this time"

Legion made me wary of this new Infernal difficulty since I couldn't beat it but then I beat Clarisse's Infernal mode on my first attempt (lost once on Lunatic though).

I guess it won't always be above my skills/pool of characters.

(Used Xander/Reinhardt/Julia/Olivia)

Infernal was easy for my team, though I used 44 Spd Linde (+Spd, +1 merge, Spd seal). Basically TA QR Robin(M) tanked stuff, Celica+Olivia killed the Green Mage, Linde+Olivia killed the Blue mage who was on a Def tile and buffed by Spur Spd at the time. Desperation+Moonbow blows through him. Didn't even really pay attention to the details. >_>

In general it's probably going to be harder to make challenging maps since Xander/Camus/Cecilia were free and are so strong regardless of pulls. Plus the 2 free Gunters for Hone Cav inheritance if desired and Olivia for support. I suppose more Legion-style maps are fine, but they probably want some variety too. 

Edited by XeKr

INFERNAL

Took me 3 tries, but I beat it pretty easily. Here's my team:

Spoiler

Celica

Spoiler

[+ATK/-SPD]
39 HP / 54 ATK / 35 SPD / 17 DEF / 17 RES
Weapon: Ragnarok
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura
Passive A: Life and Death 3
Passive B: Desperation 3
Passive C: Hone Spd 3

Robin (M)

Spoiler

[+HP/-RES]
43 HP / 40 ATK / 29 SPD / 29 DEF / 19 RES
Weapon: Blárraven+
Special: Bonfire
Passive A: Triangle Adept 3
Passive B: Swordbreaker 3
Passive C: Spur Def 3

Azura

Spoiler

[+SPD/-HP]
33 HP / 43 ATK / 39 SPD / 21 DEF / 28 RES
Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
Assist: Sing
Special: Iceberg
Passive A: Speed +3
Passive B: Escape Route 3
Passive C: Hone Atk 3
Sacred Seal: Fortify Res 1

Nino

Spoiler

[+ATK/-DEF]
33 HP / 53 ATK / 39 SPD / 19 DEF / 29 RES
Weapon: Gronnblade+
Special: Draconic Aura
Passive A: Fury 3
Sacred Seal: Attack +1

I think my Robin being +HP helped him stay in swordbreaker range heh

@Vaximillian @GuiltyLove let's see if it takes me 4 tries to beat Lunatic eh?

Edited by Arcanite

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I had some time to tinker around with things, so I ended up doing a low-inheritance Infernal run with Xander, Cecilia, Priscilla, and Eliwood. Sets are:

• Xander [Neutral...duh] 5* +0: Siegfried, Quick Riposte 1, and Bonfire (No other skills)
  • Cecilia [+Atk, -Def] 5* +0: Default kit (Gronnraven+, Atk +3, Escape Route 3, Rally Resistance)
  • Priscilla [I...don't know off the top of my head =P] 4* +0: Default kit (Panic, Spur Def 2, Rehabilitate, Imbue)
  • Eliwood [+Spd, -HP] 4* +0: Default kit (Silver Sword, Axebreaker 2, Ward Cavalry, Sacred Cowl)

Looking that over again, I could probably swap QR Adult Tiki in for Xander; throw Ninian in there for Fortify Dragons, plus a green mage or something (I think I actually did Lunatic with M!Robin, Ninian, Selena, and regular ol' Camilla, of all people, so maybe her if I can split the mage from the sword again...). Tiki might even KO the thief if Bonfire activates.

I'll have to give it a try later today.

I'll beat all three difficulties on first try because Horse Emblem is magic. My team was all 5*  and included Camus (Fury 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cav, Moonbow, Reposition), Elise (Rehabilitate, Atk +3, Wraithfull Staff, Hone Cav, Miracle), Leo (Raurdblade+, Deathblow 3, QR 3, Hone Cav), and Cecilia (Gronnblade+, Fury 3, G Tome Breaker 3, Fort Cav Pull Back).

Camus did most the work basically I put Camus right by the breakable wall and Leo to the left of him (to take out the Green Mage)  and then I had Elise Healing when proper and Cecilia buffing his defense and resistance with Fort Calvary.  Really really the only trick to this is making sure that Panic doesn't get to Camus  (which it shouldn't if he stays where he is  Buy that wall) making sure the green mage is dead  by turn one, and also a healer with rehabilitate is absolutely necessary for this strategy Camus takes a lot of damage.

I can go into more detail if someone if someone wants me to but I think this is good for now.

Edited by Locke087

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

"So, strategy is Reinhardt, with support from Reinhardt and, of course, Reinhardt. This works well, when you complete the team with Reinhardt" - Every GHB from now on. Oh IS, why did you create this guy...

Before, it was “Just use Hector”.

Xander/Camus/Reinhardt/Cecilia were able to stomp this easily on Lunatic, but had more difficulty on Infernal.

My strategy was to have Reinhardt break the wall, then use Reposition to get him out of the way so Camus could bait the Sword Cav with full Goad/Ward buffs and obliterate it. That left the issue of dealing with all the other enemies coming through the wall, so I had Cecilia spend two turns walling them, killing the Green Cav in the process and having Reinhardt snipe the Sword Fighter when he got close, then using Reposition to get him to safety. Dealing with the last three was tricky, though. The first time, I had Cecilia use her special to OHKO Clarisse, then moved Xander and Reinhardt to give double Goad Cavalry buffs to Camus so he could double the Blue Mage and kill it, but he got killed by the Thief because he'd lost so much HP from Deadly Breath and Windsweep meant he couldn't take it out first with Vantage. I managed to win by repeating the strategy up to killing Clarisse, then had Xander kill the Thief before having Camus kill the Mage, using Reinhardt to get Xander out of Camus's way but keeping them both close enough for Goad buffs.

MKV's infernal clear for those still struggling. Only 4* used is Donnel. Everyone else is 3*

Found this video particularly interesting as the way he manipulated enemy movements was nearly identical to mine, just with different units.

Edited by Korath88

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

MKV's infernal clear for those still struggling. Only 4* used is Donnel. Everyone else is 3*

Raigh for Green Horse and Donnel is expected, but holy fuck 2 Olivia

Gotta show who's the real boss

It took me a couple of tries to figure out Lunatic and 2 tries for Infernal, but I managed to beat it using Sanaki/Azura/Linde/Ephraim

Details on my units:

Spoiler

Sanaki (40+2):

Spoiler

[+ATK/-HP]
34 HP / 52 ATK / 27 SPD / 17 DEF / 35 RES
Weapon: Rauðrraven+
Special: Glacies
Passive A: Triangle Adept 3
Passive B: R Tomebreaker 3
Sacred Seal : HP +3

Azura (40+2):

Spoiler

[+SPD/-HP]
37 HP / 47 ATK / 40 SPD / 24 DEF / 28 RES
Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
Assist: Sing
Special: Moonbow
Passive B: Wings of Mercy 2
Passive C: Fortify Res 3

Linde (40+2):

Spoiler

[+RES/-DEF]
36 HP / 49 ATK / 37 SPD / 11 DEF / 31 RES
Weapon: Blárblade+
Assist: Ardent Sacrifice
Passive A: Darting Blow 3

Ephraim (40+2):

Spoiler

[+HP/-RES]
49 HP / 55 ATK / 29 SPD / 36 DEF / 20 RES
Weapon: Siegmund
Assist: Rally Defense
Passive B: Lancebreaker 2
Sacred Seal : Forify Res 1

I can post my strategy, though I don't think it will be of much use to most people considering the units I used:

Spoiler

Turn 1 

68a74a8d2e.jpg

I put Sanaki in range of the dagger and green cav and move around Azura and Linde.

Turn 2

2f474185cb.jpg

At the start of the turn, both the the green cav and the dagger have survived, but both are 1 hit away from death and more importantly, Sanaki has Glacies charged up, meaning she can take out Clarisse. After that, I dance Sanaki back in her original position and finish the Green Cav.

59180e701c.jpg

This leaves me with Sanaki in range of the dagger unit and Azura in range of the Sword Cav. I Rally Def Azura with Ephraim just for good measure, but it wasn't needed.

Turn 3

0f0132b7f9.jpg

This turn is pretty much Linde cleaning up. I move Ephraim north of her and Rally Defense to boost her blade damage, then have Linde move north of Ephraim starting position to kill the Swordie. Azura dances her and she then finishes the map by sweeping the blue mage.

Edited by LuxSpes

7 minutes ago, JSND said:

Raigh for Green Horse and Donnel is expected, but holy fuck 2 Olivia

Gotta show who's the real boss

I’m just waiting for Sakuras at this moment.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Before, it was “Just use Hector”.

Can't really deny that, I guess, and I know I should just let people clear however they want/can. But when I see mkv's vids or other clears without (with minimal) obviously broken stuff here on the forums, I can smile again, seeing that rofl Horse Emblem/Hector haven't made the game entirely bland, yet.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I am disapointed in this infernal. Legion Infernal was really a nice challenge and this was just ugh.

Legion was just silly.  The first couple of reinforcements were fair, but when I had more people on top of me than I had units, I don't kmow what I was supposed to do.

Still, it's a litle weird that they had all that for Legion and then got rid of it all.

Edited by Lushen

9 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Can't really deny that, I guess, and I know I should just let people clear however they want/can. But when I see mkv's vids or other clears without (with minimal) obviously broken stuff here on the forums, I can smile again, seeing that rofl Horse Emblem/Hector haven't made the game entirely bland, yet.

MkV literally used the most broken unit in the game in every single one of his video

11 minutes ago, JSND said:

MkV literally used the most broken unit in the game in every single one of his video

You referring to a dancer (definitely on the more broken side of things) or the typical BraveUnit? And looking at mkv's previous clears, I see some variation (e.g. Legion infernal does not even share a single unit with the current team comp), so I don't see it like you, I suppose? For me, the fun in those vids is the self-inflicted handicap of only using free stuff with weaker stats, mostly, compared to "hey boiz, Reinhardt carried me again, yo!" (yes, I know Rein can't solo the map).

56 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Found this video particularly interesting as the way he manipulated enemy movements was nearly identical to mine, just with different units.

I would have used this except I don't have 2 Olivias. >_>

I used nstyler's strat at first, but just to see if I could I went back and cleared it with my Xander/Cecilia/Olwen/Camus arena team. Xander really helps out here, to put it mildly.