Grand Hero Battle: Clarisse!

Vaximillian

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The Sakurawhale strikes again!

How can そばにいます intensify if そばにいます is already at max?

EDIT: +10, +10, +10, and +3. He’s almost there!

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He needed two Sakuras just to deal with the Raven Adept mage lol, which is probably what took him so long to upload this time.

It’s almost like the map was designed against him. Dat raven adept mage. Clarisse was easily the easiest opponent of ease this time.

Little Sakura head on the right explaning stuff freaking the hell out when the raven adept mage’s turn came was pure gold.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s almost like the map was designed against him. Dat raven adept mage. Clarisse was easily the easiest opponent of ease this time.

He said the Thief was actually the easiest, since his Spd was made pointless by Windsweep, and Sakura doesn't give a damn about Windsweep. He also said that a key to winning was abusing the Reposition Cav's AI.

Well, following Mkv's video guideline I managed to beat infernal. Due to a couple of factors including but not limited to:

1) Only having one trained dancer and not having leveled up my spare Olivia
2) Certain characters not being the correct rarity or level or stats
3) Blue mage behavior not replicating the video when trying to use Sanaki in place of Raigh
4) Me not being able to follow simple directions shown on video

It took a lot longer than it should've.

Edited by Sunwoo

this is very late to be asking this... but do any of the units i have right now be able to deal with lunatic difficulty?

3 hours ago, Thany said:

this is very late to be asking this... but do any of the units i have right now be able to deal with lunatic difficulty?

Xander is definitely a key unit to use here since he can tank the thieves, even better if he had Siegfried since he can defeat the green cavalier with a counter attack (especially if you pair him with Camus's Goad Cavalry). Camus might also be useful taking on the sword cavaliers. If you have a dancer like the free Olivia, it would really help as well.

For the last one, Julia might work to deal with the blue mage.

Otherwise since you have 4* Ursula/Xander, this can work as a basis. Maybe you can replace Donnel with Cordelia but just be worry about her positioning and not being able to take a hit. Otherwise, try Camus since Donnel's role is to hit at melee and the extra movement might give you more flexibility.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Xander is definitely a key unit to use here since he can tank the thieves, even better if he had Siegfried since he can defeat the green cavalier with a counter attack (especially if you pair him with Camus's Goad Cavalry). Camus might also be useful taking on the sword cavaliers. If you have a dancer like the free Olivia, it would really help as well.

For the last one, Julia might work to deal with the blue mage.

Otherwise since you have 4* Ursula/Xander, this can work as a basis. Maybe you can replace Donnel with Cordelia but just be worry about her positioning and not being able to take a hit. Otherwise, try Camus since Donnel's role is to hit at melee and the extra movement might give you more flexibility.

Id try camus... but there is litterally no time to get him from level 13 to 40 to take on lunatic. so ill give that video a try.

16 minutes ago, Thany said:

Id try camus... but there is litterally no time to get him from level 13 to 40 to take on lunatic. so ill give that video a try.

In that case maybe try Cordelia to replace him for now. Or use Effie once the green mage is gone.

Or have Julia/F!Robin on the right side with Olivia, again mainly to kill the blue mage. 

24 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

In that case maybe try Cordelia to replace him for now. Or use Effie once the green mage is gone.

Or have Julia/F!Robin on the right side with Olivia, again mainly to kill the blue mage. 

Ugh.... nothing works. if i try to go to the right side to get the blue mage. he just goes left and gets xander. none of my blue lancers can deal with the archer easily before attacked by one of the mages. the video expects olivia to be level 40 so she doesnt get targeted by the enemy and not die.... bleh none of the tactics work at all....

These are one of those things where you just not an almost exact kind of counter for the given situation. In this case, it seems that having Xander and Camus makes it close to free.

48 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

These are one of those things where you just not an almost exact kind of counter for the given situation. In this case, it seems that having Xander and Camus makes it close to free.

I have Camus and I still needed two starmina pots to clear this (and a Hector if recall correctly), so I wouldn't say it's for free. Placing a tank on a defensive tile works pretty well if you can eliminate his counters, but the way the enemy is positioned doesn't make that very easy either.

I think several video's like Mkv's and the Sakura clear also prove you don't need a very specific unit to clear this map.

I may need to see those, yeah. The tankiest person I have is Fury Hawkeye, by far. Thing is, he gets doubled by everything and Fury + Poison Strike + Theif Dude with Deathblow is just asking for it. Non-Arena dudes are smarter. They actually force you to approach.

Edited by Soul~!

• 2 months later...

: O, I forgot Clarisse was in paralogues. So much stamina, wasted, because BK was just a bit too good at soloing the map, meaning it took quite a bit of effort just to make sure my Clarisse can kill the opposing one. (7 damage a hit, god that was cancerous.)

11 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

: O, I forgot Clarisse was in paralogues. So much stamina, wasted, because BK was just a bit too good at soloing the map, meaning it took quite a bit of effort just to make sure my Clarisse can kill the opposing one. (7 damage a hit, god that was cancerous.)

Just Paralogue 3, as it turns out, but Vanilla Lunatic is sufficient. Not like it's any less cancerous, with that Legion capable of killing my Ike (after so long in the Tempest, I forgot what Ike being fragile was like).

I haven't gotten a Lunatic clear at all, and they expect me to do it with Clarisse?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Just Paralogue 3, as it turns out, but Vanilla Lunatic is sufficient. Not like it's any less cancerous, with that Legion capable of killing my Ike (after so long in the Tempest, I forgot what Ike being fragile was like).

I haven't gotten a Lunatic clear at all, and they expect me to do it with Clarisse?

Burger King with phantom speed seal (or L&D, which I'll give him eventually, for a laid back 2 BK 1 Hector all vantage defense team) is fast enough to counter attack the ninja on Lunatic. The guy trivializes the whole map because he can basically solo everyone except the blue mage (and even the blue mage is beatable if you're willing to change from his default loadout and give him Vantage).

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Burger King with phantom speed seal (or L&D, which I'll give him eventually, for a laid back 2 BK 1 Hector all vantage defense team) is fast enough to counter attack the ninja on Lunatic. The guy trivializes the whole map because he can basically solo everyone except the blue mage (and even the blue mage is beatable if you're willing to change from his default loadout and give him Vantage).

Well, my inventory was brought over the top by the Clarisse reward, so I promoted my level 20 Lon'qu I was going to use for the quest to give the Black Knight Vantage. All I need to do is train him this weekend.

I think I'll miss out on the orb for Elincia, but I don't think a single extra orb would help that at this point...

This wasn't too bad at all (Lunatic quests).

+0 Sharena [=] (vanilla)
+0 Clarisse [=] (vanilla)
+1 Sophia [+Atk, -Spd] (Raudhrraven+, Draw Back, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Fortify Res 3)
+0 Nino [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3)

Sophia needs a +Atk nature, Raudhrraven+, and either G Tomebreaker or Quick Riposte. The +1 merge can be substituted with the Attack +1 seal. Nino can be vanilla as long as she can double attack and one-round kill the blue mage. If Sophia doesn't have Triangle Adept, there will need to be some finagling to get the thief dead at the end depending on your builds for Nino and Sophia.

Imgur embedding seems to be broken, but here's the link anyways: https://imgur.com/a/k18L5

Edited by Ice Dragon

Overall, not too difficult. I looked at my strategy from last time which used Sanaki, M. Robin, Nino, and Azura. I just took out Nino for Clarisse and things worked out just about the same. The only difference was, I had to use WoM Azura to take out the blue mage instead of Nino. Clarisse did nothing except exist. So anyone could probably complete this with a red mage, blue raven mage, and WoM dancer.

I remember when map was first released I couldn't even finish the lunatic. And today I spent my whole stamina bar on that. But somehow then did infernal at first try. With Xander & Camus (or any tanky distant counter unit) was too easy, didn't really have a strategy, Just let Xander in Clarise's attak area (on the top) on the first turn. After she attacked retired husbandos out of danger and put Lilina's on the green mage area to OHKO him. Then was just a matter of killing the units as they approach.

Used Olivia as well, but wasn't really needed at all tbh. I think she just toke a hit and danced Lilina once? 

Gotta do the quests and go back to the Tempest now!