Grand Hero Battle: Clarisse!

Vaximillian

@Arcanite

What's this about +Spd Nino not doing enough damage? >w>

That aside, your strategy reminded me of how I used a mage heavy infantry team to beat Infernal back when the GHB was first released. I used Azura as well, but Sanaki filled-in for both Celica and M!Robin and I used Linde as my tome mage which left a spot for Ephraim, who was quite valuable for his buffing utility.

Though now I'm curious as to how much damage my Nino could do with 3 dancer support on that map.

Edited by LuxSpes

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Sh-Shut up!

She doesn't even have max SP :dry:

7 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Though now I'm curious as to how much damage my Nino could do with 3 dancer support on that map.

Yeah I'm pretty sure she can kill everything on this map

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Arcanite

Now do it without a dancer and with both Clarisse and Sharena on your team and let one of them get the kill on Clarisse.

+Spd Nino is superior.

Is... this a serious challenge? >.>

I hear that at +10 Nino actually prefers +Atk over +Spd heh

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

So no dancers eh

Alright. I'll see what I can do then. I'm not making any guarantees but, I'll do my best :Nino:

@Ice Dragon Clarisse Infernal Clear by Avatar and the Tome Sisters  (Featuring buff support by Restoration Lady) https://imgur.com/gallery/3zKkd

Pow

Edited by Arcanite

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Is... this a serious challenge? >.>

I hear that at +10 Nino actually prefers +Atk over +Spd heh

Really? 

I got a +Atk -def Nino, and I am planning to promote him as high as possible in the long run. Would probably exchange him when I get a +Spd version. Now I am a little bit uncertain

11 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Really? 

I got a +Atk -def Nino, and I am planning to promote him as high as possible in the long run. Would probably exchange him when I get a +Spd version. Now I am a little bit uncertain

+Spd has better match-ups in almost all of my test cases against +10 [+Spd] (Distant Counter) +4/4/3/3 opponents (designed to be unfavorable to +Spd builds).

[+Atk, -Def] beats [+Spd, -Def] with Life and Death 3 and a specific set of buffs, but [+Spd, -Def] and [+Spd, -Res] out-performed their [+Atk] variants in all of the other cases I tested.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Spd has better match-ups in almost all of my test cases against +10 [+Spd] (Distant Counter) +4/4/3/3 opponents (designed to be unfavorable to +Spd builds).

[+Atk, -Def] beats [+Spd, -Def] with Life and Death 3 and a specific set of buffs, but [+Spd, -Def] and [+Spd, -Res] out-performed their [+Atk] variants in all of the other cases I tested.

Much obliged!!!!

Has been bugging me for the rest of the day. Funny thing, I am down to zero orbs, spent over 500 today and now I got over 10 ninos - just not enought feathers ☺

Even got a +spd -def IV. Would agree that this one is the best? If not, which one?

14 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Much obliged!!!!

Has been bugging me for the rest of the day. Funny thing, I am down to zero orbs, spent over 500 today and now I got over 10 ninos - just not enought feathers ☺

Even got a +spd -def IV. Would agree that this one is the best? If not, which one?

It really depends on whether or not you intend to be fighting opponents that have Distant Counter. -Res is slightly better in a Distant Counter meta and -Def is slightly better elsewhere. The difference is a bit bigger if you use Life and Death, but is hardly noticeable if you use Fury.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It really depends on whether or not you intend to be fighting opponents that have Distant Counter. -Res is slightly better in a Distant Counter meta and -Def is slightly better elsewhere. The difference is a bit bigger if you use Life and Death, but is hardly noticeable if you use Fury.

Which IV and skill would you choose?

And just btw, would a +3 nino make a difference in arena scoring? 

Edited by Prince Endriu

5 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Which IV and skill would you choose?

Depends entirely on what you're using her for. Fury lets her bait more safely and win slightly more match-ups at full HP, but Life and Death has better match-ups after activating Desperation.

8 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

And just btw, would a +3 nino make a difference in arena scoring? 

Ask the guys in the Arena discussion thread. I have no claim to any knowledge involving arena scoring advice.

It seems I am the only one in the world to S-support Sharena. This apparently has bitten me in the ass, as the AI doesn’t want to cooperate.

I tried Brotel’s, Sashibu’s, and Baka Jam’s strats, and nada.

I don’t really want to break the support. But the orbs!

Nevermind: I did these the cowardly way, with Xander, Reinhardt, and CYL Lyn doing everything, while Sharena or Clarisse chilled in the corner. I did the defeat quests in Chain P7&8 Hard by rolling over it with my horses and leaving Clarisse alone against my second team with Sharena or Clarisse.

Horses still rule!

Edited by Vaximillian

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It seems I am the only one in the world to S-support Sharena. This apparently has bitten me in the ass, as the AI doesn’t want to cooperate.

I tried Brotel’s, Sashibu’s, and Baka Jam’s strats, and nada.

I don’t really want to break the support. But the orbs!

Nevermind: I did these the cowardly way, with Xander, Reinhardt, and CYL Lyn doing everything, while Sharena or Clarisse chilled in the corner. I did the defeat quests in Chain P7&8 Hard by rolling over it with my horses and leaving Clarisse alone against my second team with Sharena or Clarisse.

Horses still rule!

I used the Black Knight, but I haven't gone for Infernal yet, actually... should really try that.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I used the Black Knight, but I haven't gone for Infernal yet, actually... should really try that.

I did Infernal when the GHB was first run, so I only had to do the quests.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I did Infernal when the GHB was first run, so I only had to do the quests.

Tempest and the October Quests are distracting me this time- I think I could make it with a good plan and the Black Knight combined with Nino or Fae, but I'm lazy. Also, I'm not sure how much room I have for the extra Clarisse, and the feathers don't entice me as much as I know they should.

Okay, finally did the Clarisse maps after taking a break from TTs

For the Sharena vs Clarisse GHB, I used Xander, Ninian, Sharena and the surprise MVP- Boey! He was -Atk/+Spd, had Gronnraven and needed Swap to move Ninian out of harm's way in a specific turn. His bulk (and lower Atk) was actually pretty useful so Sharena can finish Clarisse off. Too bad I will most likely be merging you away after this GHB (to a -Def one, who I'm not sure would've done this strategy well?), but you were useful Boey! :)

Clarisse vs Clarisse was more annoying since mine was only 4 star, so I went to the Paralogues. Even then it was a bit tricky because of those mountains, but at least I didn't have to be worried about 1 death making the map end. So I used Robin M, Olivia, Clarisse, and the other surprise MVP: -HP/+Res Saber! He led the initial attack against Legion, and because of Shield Pulse/Aegis, he managed to tank both Clarisse AND Katarina with 1 HP!!!

Too bad I had to sack him to Legion, but not before dealing enough damage to Clarisse so my own Clarisse can finish her off. Now that the vs Clarisse condition was met, Saber and Clarisse fell to Katarina, but now Robin was free to clean up against Athena/Clarisse with help from Olivia.

So glad when underused units like Saber and Boey become surprise MVPs, especially since they don't have the most optimal boon/bane combos :D

• 6 months later...

Can't believe that I had trouble with this infernal in the past. Guess that shows how much I've grown. Quests were ridiculously easy. Took either a few tries or completed on the first try

Her Lunatic map is killing me, any tips? Not even going to bother attempting Infernal,

I just want that 4* Clarisse for my Archanean army ;(

EDIT: Never mind, cleared it with Tome Eirika, Hector, Brave Lyn and Azura.

Edited by Lau

Nowi almost beat this with just her default arena set the enemies were so weak, but the TA3 Raventome did some hefty damage twice so I went for CA.

Water: Nowi, Fae, Young Tiki, Fjorm

Fire: Witch Nowi, Myrrh (solo'd it), Valter, Summer Corrin

Wind: Elise, Xander, Camus, Frederick

Earth: Sanaki, Oliver, Soren, L Ike (got him on a defense tile turn 1 and he tanked everything).

Edited by Nowi's Husband